Is he right Jow Forums?

Caleb Collins
Caleb Collins

Is he right Jow Forums?

Attached: truck-driving-coders.png (568 KB, 746x823)

Other urls found in this thread:

economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/boeings-737-max-software-outsourced-to-rs-620-an-hour-indian-engineers/articleshow/69999513.cms
theregister.co.uk/2016/06/30/tesla_autopilot_crash_leaves_motorist_dead/
npr.org/2019/02/11/691673201/facing-a-critical-shortage-of-drivers-the-trucking-industry-is-changing
youtube.com/watch?v=JVS8JbVPgJE
youtube.com/watch?v=i9PR7-u3Z0c

Colton Allen
Colton Allen

absolutely

Joseph Jenkins
Joseph Jenkins

He's right. Cletus and Rajneet are not capable of higher thought

Camden Carter
Camden Carter

It's possible. I know some silicon valley guys who teach african refugees Javascript.

Michael Phillips
Michael Phillips

By and large, yes.

Adrian Taylor
Adrian Taylor

african refugees are smarter than American truckers

Joshua Long
Joshua Long

yes, but you can help the truck drivers children become programmers rather than end up in truck driving again

Luke Morgan
Luke Morgan

if i had to code i'd probably kms

Alexander Reyes
Alexander Reyes

He's definitely right that not everyone can be a programmer.
I don't know why people seem to have the idea that software development has an infinite demand.
Miners lost their jobs? TEACH THEM TO CODE!
Teachers striking because of shit pay? TEACH THEM TO CODE!
Factory shut down? TEACH THEM TO CODE!

It's like their grand scheme for the economy is everybody being a programmer.

Grayson Baker
Grayson Baker

There will always be service jobs.

Adrian Anderson
Adrian Anderson

I legitimately can't argue with that desu

Hunter Rogers
Hunter Rogers

automate shit
less bad shit happens
b-but m-muh jobs

Leo Nelson
Leo Nelson

what the fuck does this retared think he can defend truck drivers from us
we're coming for your truck drivers nigga

David Richardson
David Richardson

yes finally! We need to stop pushing the whole, EVERYONE NEEDS TO CODE or even go to college as a whole. There is nothing wrong with being a blue collar worker. The entire worlds cannot be white collar code monkeys. We need the servers, the truck drivers, the mechanics, electricians, and plumbers. Nothing wrong with becoming a programmer/coder, but trades and service jobs should be an option for people.

Xavier White
Xavier White

Maybe it is the grand scheme for the economy to turn everyone in to a coder to drive wages down to minimum wage levels.

Josiah Anderson
Josiah Anderson

That shirt is $300

Camden Perez
Camden Perez

based asian man dabbing on lern2kode obama the fucking niger

Nathan Kelly
Nathan Kelly

What do we need 36 million more coders for?

Landon Perez
Landon Perez

No, but you can turn truck drivers into people that monitor computer screens and can turn a wrench if need be. Every automated machine creates at least one if not more low level jobs for maintenance. Imagine a company automating trucks, but still required a human on board? Youd be responsible for reporting and monitoring but thats basically it.

James Hernandez
James Hernandez

I'd say they're more willing to learn and expand their thinking, not that they're just outright more intelligent. Immigrants who have come here really want to prove their worth.

Landon Butler
Landon Butler

it's not that african refugees are high IQ
American truckers are fucking dumb

Ethan Sullivan
Ethan Sullivan

want to prove their worth
sure maybe 1 out of 1000 of them. The rest are more than content to become welfare leeches, pump out 5+ kids to get more gibs. Immigration from all these brown countries by the millions is killing developed nations.

Jordan Sullivan
Jordan Sullivan

For a COMMIE, he is pretty dare I say CLASSIST.

Jaxon Cox
Jaxon Cox

It's like their grand scheme for the economy is everybody being a programmer.
its one of the only industries in america that was expanding during the bush/obama years because everything else went to china. thats why. theres no work anywhere else. untill trump showed up that is.

Attached: Victory-United-Nations-Assured-WWII-WW2-Propaganda-Poster-Vintage-Retro-Canvas-DIY-Wall-Stickers-Hom (68 KB, 363x480)

Cooper Ross
Cooper Ross

That and they're not willing to learn anything more. You don't become a truck driver because you wanted to, you do it because it's all you could do.

I don't see why we can't just have coders on the road in the automated trucks and they can improve and diagnose things on the go.

I think that depends on how desperate they were. If they wanted to escape the shithole, they were going to work for it but then there's also the "muh suffering, gib money" way of immigrating.

Cameron Brown
Cameron Brown

yeah israel is enjoying more jobs now too

Adrian Sullivan
Adrian Sullivan

Fuck off Sam

Henry Moore
Henry Moore

still believing in the complete and utter bullshit of automated driving
IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. COMPUTERS ARE FUCKING TOO STUPID TO DRIVE. THERE WILL BE MASSIVE ACCIDENTS AND PROBLEMS.

Zachary Garcia
Zachary Garcia

Literally redpilled

Jaxon James
Jaxon James

I get that much and I fully believe that it is partly a conspiracy to drive down wages.
Wages are the most expensive part of running any business and programmers are generally the most expensive.
But there's only so much that needs made. There's only so many fart apps that you can publish on the app store.

Wyatt Cox
Wyatt Cox

Yang's friends in Silicon Valley tells him they are 5-10 years away from mastering autonomous driving. In fact the tech IS available today but it's not ready to be commercialized just yet.

Connor Baker
Connor Baker

self taught programmer
wrote up a few portfolio projects
no job interviews because wrong gender and skin color
get nepotismed into low stress local trucking job
I still want a programming job.

Jack Parker
Jack Parker

Partly right. Teaching anything to stubborn boomers might be technically possible but the effort needed would be insane.

He's definitely wrong about the pathetic basic income. Even in Western Europe it'd be tricky to live at 1k, doubt it's possible in Burgerland beyond flyover states.

Gavin Morgan
Gavin Morgan

bunch of poos are the result of the new 747 MAX plane nose diving into the fucking ground
thinks autonomous driving is going anywhere any time soon
thinks trucks with 80,000 pound trailers are going to be autonomously piloted

The only way, and I mean the ONLY way any sort of self driving anything will ever work is if we build dedicated super higherways for self-driving cars only. And they're going to have to come to my door armed and willing to die to take my car from me because I'll be damned if I'm going to let some shoddily made tech abortion made by underpaid college students take me anywhere.

Ian Sanchez
Ian Sanchez

$1K a month is possible if like you said, live in some shithole state with nothing around and live with at least one other person who is also collecting $1k a month. Hell when I was working minmum wage as a student, I was lucky to take home $800 a month after taxes.

Levi Cruz
Levi Cruz

Even if he's wrong it doesn't matter. The world is never going to need 7 billion coders.

Joshua Turner
Joshua Turner

So far all accidents involved automated cars were due humans being retards. Ban human drivers or at least raise the requirements massively and automated driving would be perfectly viable right now.

Jace Rivera
Jace Rivera

During the debate he said he'd give you $1k a month - no questions asked - but in return you have to forfeit all other government programs like welfare and food stamps and HUD housing grants.
But if you had two people living together, $2k a month between the two of them would pay for rent and food in a lot of America, especially in the rural parts of the inner country where apartments can be $400/month.

Christian Morgan
Christian Morgan

They've been saying that for years. Just like the fucking lying shitlords that say we need to be on ipv6 for the last fucking 20 goddamn years.
People fucking lie, kids. Okay? Understand this and you'll understand that you can't trust anything people say.

Zachary Hill
Zachary Hill

t. boomer

Henry Reed
Henry Reed

Yang's friends in Silicon Valley tells him they are 5-10 years away from mastering autonomous driving
I truly, truly hope you aren't this naive. You do realize Silicon Valley's entire shtick is literally "fake it till you make it", right? That means promising things that aren't actually there with expediency in exchange for big funding.

5-10 years? That's bullshit 100%.

Adrian Diaz
Adrian Diaz

It's like you don't understand the vast majority of the population is also too stupid to drive. The bar for automation isn't high here. A self driving car doesn't text it's friends while yelling at it's wife's children in the back seat and trying get the retarded touchscreen radio working.

Gavin Taylor
Gavin Taylor

and that's why Yang is a faggot. No one deserves to get anything for free unless you're physically incapable of work. Old? Sick? born with a debilitating disease? Fine, here's free shit to live. But if you're an able-bodied human being, I don't care if you're shoveling shit for a living, you should have to earn your keep. Fucking leeches. What kills me is all that money has to come from somewhere. If everyone decides to stop working their shit minimum wage jobs, what then?

Blake Howard
Blake Howard

t. supports inheritance

Angel Bell
Angel Bell

not wanting to die because a self-driving car decided to put you into a wall at 60MPH to avoid a dog that ran into the road
Boomer
OK.
irrelevant. This is another example of trying to make the world idiot proof for the sake of the idiot. It's like the gun control argument of taking guns away from law abiding citizens because some dumb motherfucker shot himself in the foot/head. should be an IQ or aptitude test to drive though.

Joseph Morris
Joseph Morris

poos had nothing to do with the 747 Max failing; that was 100% the fault of executives making intentionally moronic decisions to evade regulations and retooling.
people are still managing to drive less safe and get into more accidents than some of the more promising autonomous vehicle programs though and truck drivers are low skilled tards who are too sleep deprived to safely handle the same cargo. hell you need 24/7 GPS tracking on these retards because it's the only way to make sure they handle their cargo by following all the speed limits, take the appropriate amount of break time and don't end up jack knifing on an off ramp.

you're shitty hobby is soon to be deprecated and you need to accept it. learn some COPE boomer faggot.

Carson Powell
Carson Powell

irrelevent
It isn't irrelevant, both of them are shit user

Juan Myers
Juan Myers

The money goes right back into the economy. Besides the people might use the time to learn actual skills or at least take care of other people and be more social.

You make tons of money just by browsing the net, clicking on ads, reposting dumb shit and solving captchas, you're just not seeing any of it in the current system.

If everyone decides to stop working their shit minimum wage jobs, what then?
The companies would automate the jobs, close or pay well enough to make people work voluntarily. It's a win-win for a healthier society.

Isaiah Cox
Isaiah Cox

Most gun control arguments are about requirements to get a gun, not "take away dem guns".
Raising the requirements required to have a gun/drive a car would benefit everyone.

Samuel Parker
Samuel Parker

people who think it's possible to turn everyone into an coder live in a high IQ bubble. Remember that most people don't even go to college

Attached: trump-boomer.jpg (100 KB, 735x709)

Kayden Rodriguez
Kayden Rodriguez

No one deserves to get anything for free unless you're physically incapable of work.
He's coming at it from the angle of "automation will wipe out the vast majority of low and no-skilled labor jobs in the next two decades."
What happens when 70% of the workers in the US can't find a job because there's no job they are qualified to do?

McDonald's figured out that they don't need cashiers because the kiosks can take your order and accept your payment.
They kept the cashiers because if they didn't it would mean 30,000 people suddenly out of work.

This was the subject of a lot of old science fiction books, but it's not science fiction any more.

Levi Adams
Levi Adams

absolutely. Someone in the family worked for that money, why should it go to anyone else but the kids/family/whoever the person willed it to? Only a communist thinks that money should be distributed. Are you a communist?
Boomer
once again that word. It's like anyone who doesn't follow your flawed ideology is somehow immediately an old fuck. It's OK I get it. You're intimidated by cars and their inner workings. I mean it's like we're going to sit back and ignore all the times self driving cars have killed/injured people. Now add 100k+ pounds to the equation with trucks. Not to mention that car manufacturers STILL to this day refuse to properly patch security holes present in the onboard ECU. White hats were able to hijack a truck just by using bluetooth and driving behind the truck.
737/747 MAX failing wasn't due to poos
"No".

economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/boeings-737-max-software-outsourced-to-rs-620-an-hour-indian-engineers/articleshow/69999513.cms

They laid off their engineers and outsourced the tech to $9/hour pajeets

Colton Powell
Colton Powell

Irrelevant
Except it isn't, because it's an improvement for the majority of people, and thus will happen no matter how many hissy fits you throw. At least the gun guys have the constitution on their side, you've got what, AAA?

Camden Sanders
Camden Sanders

Most gun control arguments are about requirements to get a gun,
No, the vast majority of gun control arguments are about "scary black salt rifles". Gungrabbers don't actually understand the function of a firearm, but rather want to ban things they see in movies and in the news.

Anthony Cooper
Anthony Cooper

You don't need high IQ or go to college to be a code monkey. Doubt anyone suggests that a random fuck could become a lead dev but basic as web dev and sum java? Wouldn't need more than an average person.

Hudson Ward
Hudson Ward

retards

Jose Cooper
Jose Cooper

sit back and ignore all the times self driving cars have killed/injured people.
Far fewer than regular drivers kill every day.

Parker Rodriguez
Parker Rodriguez

Most gun control arguments are about requirements to get a gun,
No they're not. If you knew anything about what it takes to get a gun, you'd know there are already hoops to jump through. Although I do agree there should be stringent requirements to be allowed to drive a car.
that's something we address then. The problem with throwing money around like this is there are shit loads of people in this country who will do nothing but leech. I'd love a society where everyone got out what they put in (see socialized healthcare) but it's always a flaming garbage heap because realistically, it never works out that way.

Robert Jenkins
Robert Jenkins

You don't need high IQ or go to college to be a code monkey.
I tried to train mokey code, 2/3 simply don't have the mental skills...

Mason Edwards
Mason Edwards

This is true, and while I do agree with the sentiment of , it's wholly foolish to continue to believe all will be well under this system. The macroeconomy will collapse if suddenly all those people lose their jobs and are unable to retool or re-skill themselves in time, if at all, all the while still needing income or source of living. In such a scenario, none of us will have jobs then.

It's easy to say people must work for pay, but automation is bringing in an entirely new variable into the economy, one that works too rapidly for people adjust naturally to. I think I'm of the opinion that there should be temporary handouts, but it *must* be temporary, not indefinite and at the speed of government.

Aaron Ortiz
Aaron Ortiz

code monkeys* sorry my german is leaking

Nicholas Jenkins
Nicholas Jenkins

/thread

Samuel Clark
Samuel Clark

Yes. Not everyone is smart enough to participate in the jobs of tomorrow. Especially niggers.

Bentley Ramirez
Bentley Ramirez

look mom I quoted everyone xDDD

Juan Ward
Juan Ward

Of course they'll say that. If they told that computer fucked up, there would be an uproar and investors will withdraw

Jacob Brooks
Jacob Brooks

Being in denial about automated driving was more reasonable back in the years before automated cars were a pretty normal part of traffic.

Also, I'd much, much rather be in traffic with something some pajeet threw together in 20 minutes than the average human.

Landon Sanchez
Landon Sanchez

70 years ago, we had physical switchboards in physical offices. Today we don't. While those people, 60 some odd years ago lost their jobs, they found new/different jobs. Its called a transitionary period
pic related

TLDR, Yang is an idiot who is wasting his own money running for President.

Attached: switch.jpg (29 KB, 448x200)

Luke Gutierrez
Luke Gutierrez

okay, if we accept the premise that truck drivers cannot be retrained into coders. certainly giving them 1000 dollars a month isn't going to do jack shit as well.

Luis Roberts
Luis Roberts

Who gives a fuck what they say when accidents get investigated by independent parties?

Gavin Rogers
Gavin Rogers

and that's your decision. While I fully understand that there are indeed shit loads of horrible drivers who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a vehicle, I'm willing to take that risk. I don't like putting my life in the hands of a vehicle that will hopefully take your life above someone else's if it must choose who it's going to hit. That's ultimately what it comes down to. Taking control away from people.

Isaac Peterson
Isaac Peterson

found new jobs
Good thing we can magic those new jobs into existence without any thought beyond "it'll be fine"!

Adam King
Adam King

truer words have never been spoken

Benjamin Brown
Benjamin Brown

Taking control away from people.
Worked damn fine for rails and air travel.

Ryan Clark
Ryan Clark

Independent party
Who do you mean by this? Police? The person is sitting in the car to monitor. He will be responsible for car fucking up.

Christian Cruz
Christian Cruz

aka slavery? they dont pay enough to live independently, unless you are a vegan buddhist or hindu ascetic. there's a reason indians dont wear deodorant, they wouldnt be able to eat if they spent 5 bucks on it every month or so

Cooper Allen
Cooper Allen

truck driver here

he's right, I'm dumb as fuck

Gavin Rogers
Gavin Rogers

independent parties
multi-million/billion dollar companies involved
thinks these parties are being paid off heavy
Conspiracy aside, you think the company would willingly come out and say their computer fucked up? Look at the debacle of the guy who was killed in his Tesla. Something easily avoidable had the driver actually been driving. Instead we're going to raise generations of people who will be nothing more than cattle along for the ride in a vehicle they have no idea how it works.

theregister.co.uk/2016/06/30/tesla_autopilot_crash_leaves_motorist_dead/

Lucas Edwards
Lucas Edwards

He is. Even though some coding jobs is literally following an instruction manual, a lot of people are completely unable to do it. Trying to teach old people how to use a computer is like pulling teeth. They seem to want to learn but then they turn around and forget it in 10 minutes.
It completely baffles me.

Gavin Davis
Gavin Davis

Except it's assisted. Not fully autonomous.

Lincoln Lopez
Lincoln Lopez

blaming outside factors because you couldn't get a programming job
Yeah no sorry that's totally niggertranny's fault and not your own. It's a damn shame talented programmers like you can't get a job, it's a cruel world huh

Attached: 1556515054581.jpg (46 KB, 320x320)

Easton Barnes
Easton Barnes

I guess automated shit can be used for evil. Imagine what a hacker could use a car to do.

Jonathan Morgan
Jonathan Morgan

in fairness though, the types of jobs that are being created or need filling, are all exceedingly harder intellectually. It's a bit of a different challenge and I can't imagine a world where most of these business and psychology majority degree holders being any kind of future workforce.

Josiah Torres
Josiah Torres

So you're just ridiculously reflexively paranoid and think manually driven cars will be outlawed the moment self driving cars exist?

Literally 30IQ thought process. Let's see why:

Millions of poor niggers won't be able to afford self driving cars until they enter the used market for the second or third time
Ergo, Democrats will never support a ban on user operated vehicles
Millions of boomers will literally shoot you if you try to take their Corvette
Ergo, Republicans will never support a ban on user operated vehicles

Do you think they'll just be magically banned despite every major political group in America opposing that? Maybe two NGOs would want a car ban, and one of them's MADD. Do you think AAA doesn't have more money and cloud than MADD?

Dominic Edwards
Dominic Edwards

The idea is you would work some kind of part time job, not just live off the ubi you dumb NEET.

Kevin Morales
Kevin Morales

New jobs always come into existence. 10 years ago "web developer" wasn't a job.

It doesn't happen in a day... it happens over years.

Jace Sanders
Jace Sanders

Those people found new, different jobs because those new and different jobs actually existed.
We are talking about automating vast portions of the US economy. 70% or more gone in two decades.

Where do fast food workers go?
Where do truck drivers and cabs go?
Where do crop pickers go?
How about accountants and secretaries and translators?

Michael Johnson
Michael Johnson

So are you denying affirmative action exists?

Lucas Fisher
Lucas Fisher

ref

Life gets harder. Tough shit.
but that's my opinion

Samuel Price
Samuel Price

which are things that no normal citizen could afford privately anyway. Trains are on a literal rail, or in the case of mag-lev, a predetermined path where the only thing the conductor does is control speed. Same with a pilot. It's not like everyone has private jets, so people are willing to hand over control temporarily to get to where they need to be. Taking someone's ability to drive is not as big an issue in say Japan or the EU, but in the US, that'd be a death knell. Not only that, but who will fund the self driving cars? The tech will be prohibitively expensive and you're nuts if you think people will be willing to buy/finance/or even lease a vehicle they have no control over. So what? Some sort of government run Uber?

Sebastian Reed
Sebastian Reed

Have you read The Bell Curve?
That's the subject of the book. The economy is moving more and more towards "higher IQ" jobs that the lower echelons of society with sub 90 IQs are incapable of doing.

Ethan Jenkins
Ethan Jenkins

So your entire economic argument is "it'll fix itself, trust me"

Do you not understand why people might seek alternative plans with merits like existing?

Gabriel Johnson
Gabriel Johnson

thinks trucks with 80,000 pound trailers are going to be autonomously piloted

You have no idea how talented some of these machine learning scientists are. They'll make it happen.

Attached: machine-learning-scientists.png (208 KB, 1256x782)

Caleb Wood
Caleb Wood

welcome to technology? people don't even know their water, gas, electricity or internet works. yet we manage fine. driverless cars are statistically safer than a human driver. this would save so many lives and money. imagine the amount of pressure taken off healthcare and the legal system if they didn't have to deal with car accidents.

Logan Ortiz
Logan Ortiz

Sorry, but there's no way in hell I can imagine a 80,000lb automated truck driving on the interstate with other idiot civilians, especially not by 2030. That's 10 years away. We don't even have automated cars driving on the interstate yet. None. 0. How the hell are they jumping to the conclusion that big rigs will suddenly all be automated?

Maybe in 2100. Definitely not 2030.

Caleb Powell
Caleb Powell

Introduce universal basic income, replace people with automation where possible and have corporations pay for it. Give people an option to make their own minds whenever they want watch telly (or drink themselves into an early grave or whatever) on the minimal "wage" or study and find ways to make more money.
Forcing companies to keep inefficient workforce because "muh people need to work to live" is a load of bullshit. Thinking that it'd turn everyone into couch potatoes is stupid.
Personally, I'll keep being a joyless NEET regardless, but this doesn't mean everyone would.

Juan Foster
Juan Foster

70% of jobs will not be gone in 2 decades. I can guarantee it.

Every menial job will be. I guess we should stop progress on technology, because jobs.

In 20 years, bees will be gone, fish will be dead and the ice caps will be nearly melted but nobody really cares Jow Forumsuy

Grayson Carter
Grayson Carter

A self-driving truck operated by tech startup Embark recently completed a test run from Los Angeles to Jacksonville, Fla., which the company hailed as the first coast-to-coast journey by an automated truck.

Wyatt Foster
Wyatt Foster

Nobody disputes this specific point, rtard. The issue that we're discussing and that Yang is willing to discuss when few others are is the SPEED of it all. If more and more automation happens at faster and faster speeds, people aren't going to be able to relearn themselves, nor will there be enough jobs to replace the ones displaced by automation to keep up, and subsequently, the macroeconomy will feel these effects and even us with the nice cushy jobs will feel the weight of a failing economy.

Logan Wood
Logan Wood

and have corporations pay for it
What's your master plan for when the corporations move to Canada with their sweet low corporate tax rate?

Andrew Perez
Andrew Perez

"it'll fix itself, trust me"
yes

Also, the Earth has too many people, Thanos was right. Hopefully this expedites getting rid of a couple billion.

Ian Cox
Ian Cox

what's car pooling and car sharing
Personal cars aren't compatible with the environment either way and should become a luxury again.

So basically subsidies for companies who can't afford to pay their workers? That's fucking stupid on every level.

Lucas Carter
Lucas Carter

10 years ago "web developer" wasn't a job.
You're right. Web applications didn't exist in 2009. Nope.

Bentley Campbell
Bentley Campbell

70% of jobs will not be gone in 2 decades. I can guarantee it.
Every menial job will be
I think you have a fatal misunderstanding of either how many jobs are actually menial, or how many menial jobs exist. Because "all menial jobs will be gone" literally means 70% of jobs will be gone. Accounting is menial. Selling cars is largely menial. Basic management decisions can be automated, all of middle management is essentially menial duties without that.

Chase Robinson
Chase Robinson

a driver was behind the wheel at all times, watching the road and ready to take over if needed.

It is the same as how commercial airplanes are not 100% automated. You still need someone in the seat to monitor it.

Joseph Collins
Joseph Collins

You sound like the brainlets who didn't believe in planes being possible.

Jeremiah Russell
Jeremiah Russell

It exists. And yet it's still damn easy to get a programming job as a white male if you have half a brain cell. Companies can hire useless niggertrannies all they want but at the end of the time they still need some actual programmers to keep things afloat. Maybe you should realize you're not as good as you think you are instead of blaming your failures on somebody else like a manchild.

Colton Peterson
Colton Peterson

calls others brainlets when they cant even read
Maybe in 2100. Definitely not 2030.

Jace Hughes
Jace Hughes

Hey jabroni... half the idiots in here are saying "where's mah job? i need it soon!" because they know they did an online Python course and failed... amigo

We are literally running out of food and fresh water worldwide. Jobs will probably come from that.

"Families are always rising and falling". Also, this thread probably belongs in /pol/

Matthew Flores
Matthew Flores

it'll fix itself also I hope four billion people die
my plan will make that more likely
You're really selling me on the "let them eat cake" route here.

I think it should be this way so it will be this way, regardless of any opposition
God fucking damn it's amazing the lengths of idiocy possible on Jow Forums

Alexander Gutierrez
Alexander Gutierrez

and none of those have your life in the balance if shit goes wrong. That's what I'm talking about here
slippery slope. They did/do it with guns. They do it with free speech. Give any of these politicians an inch, they take a mile.

Isaiah Green
Isaiah Green

regulations still limit the amount of experimentation then can do. but the driver was only there in emergency scenarios. had the driver not been there, the truck still would have completed most of the journey. the small parts were it could not can easily be fixed. the issue is not that we can't do it, the issue is convincing the government to allow them to do it. for that, they need more data and testing statistics.

Alexander Turner
Alexander Turner

If you had a quarter of a braincell you would realize nobody's hiring entry level programmers to keep things afloat.
just get job experience xD
also we only give internships to niggertrannies xD

Henry Hill
Henry Hill

maybe legally. realistically, it's just boomer tier regulatory reasons.

Samuel Smith
Samuel Smith

We are literally running out of food and fresh water worldwide
source? Because the only nations I see struggling are the ones who contribute absolutely nothing and live off of gibs from developed nations. Almost like an entire continent of people could disappear and we'd be better off.

Attached: 1562703974425.png (31 KB, 128x128)

Leo Fisher
Leo Fisher

McDonald's has 37,000 locations, 210,000 employees.
Add Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Subway, etc. and you're easily talking about millions of jobs.
Every single one of them can be automated away. Most of them will be in 20 years time or less.

Yes, menial jobs will be the first to be automated - they may even be the only jobs automated - but that is the vast majority of the US economy.

David James
David James

slippery slope
I can walk into any gun store in America and ask for a god damn nigger looking hipoint, and walk out with it, cash payed. Free speech and guns haven't gone anywhere, except in cuck countries that don't matter.

Ian Sanders
Ian Sanders

Jobs will probably come from that.
probably
There's your key word. You don't know for certain, and the economy is not immutable. It has a threshold, and once past that point, will have cascading effects which can only get worse before even hoping to get better. The point of this hot topic discussion is to consider preemptive measure for the economy, "what can we do so that we don't reach that threshold, or if we do how can we limit the effects".

Stop thinking on the micro level.

Michael Martinez
Michael Martinez

It just needs to be safer than humans.

Noah Wright
Noah Wright

But the problem still stands with the truck drivers going through an existential crisis

Daniel Evans
Daniel Evans

there is a company that employs even 10% of black people or trannies

Eli Murphy
Eli Murphy

Yes, but its not the tax payer's fault that they made a bad investment in their life.

Aaron Sanchez
Aaron Sanchez

The money comes from shared inheritance.

Juan Campbell
Juan Campbell

you're right, it's not 10% blacks, it's 50% Indians and 50% rich Harvard Asians

Ian Wright
Ian Wright

shared inheritance
I'd burn all my father's money in a pit if it meant not having to share it with other do nothings. Redistributing the wealth doesn't work. Never has. Never will.

Juan Sullivan
Juan Sullivan

gas explosions? electrical fires? pretty sure lots of people have died to carbon monoxide poisoning from gas leaks.

Kayden Cook
Kayden Cook

Yes actually. Not everyone is the same. Egalitarianism is a fantasy.

Fuck niggers by the way.

Bentley Cruz
Bentley Cruz

eat shit jew

Noah Reed
Noah Reed

The answer that everyone isn't allowed to say is actually birth control. Population restrictions are the only way any UBI will work. Any set of people you feed unconditional income to will have to reproduce at a below-replacement level.

Pretty simple if you frame it as 'don't have kids f you can't afford them'

Jeremiah Roberts
Jeremiah Roberts

Even if you could why would we want to? It would just devalue the careers. I like a premium existing on this skill set.

Christopher Jones
Christopher Jones

So you're literally just incredibly angry and would rather people starve to death than distribute the proceeds of automation.

Have you considered that, therefore, the people you'd rather see starve have every reason to take your property by force, and hang you? You'd do it to them.

Kevin Flores
Kevin Flores

apartment 400
electricity 100
phone 50 - 100
internet and maybe tv 100 - 200
water 50-100 per person
food >= 200 a month per person
car
car insurance
health insurance
life insurance
cosmetics, haircuts, condoms and the like
clothing
if you make less than a rack a week, you suck mad dick

Ian Davis
Ian Davis

Everyone has different aptitudes, so yeah.

Adam Cruz
Adam Cruz

WAGIE WAGIE
GET IN YOUR CAGIE
[email protected] your life cuck. Thanks for the taxes

Attached: hxozeyv9unp21.jpg (107 KB, 1080x639)

Angel Barnes
Angel Barnes

mfw just decided to go into trucking because too old for college and there's no other decent paying blue collar job

Well, maybe I can make enough money to retire by the time all this automation shit hits. Seems there's a shortage of truckers right now though.

npr.org/2019/02/11/691673201/facing-a-critical-shortage-of-drivers-the-trucking-industry-is-changing

Gavin Ramirez
Gavin Ramirez

mandatory birth control in developed countries
but refugees welcome
also africans in africa will keep shitting out 20 niglets a pop regardless
who then become refugees
As long as you don't let that cycle start, though, UBI and birth control are a good combination.

Andrew Russell
Andrew Russell

Hello Sam

Nolan Bennett
Nolan Bennett

by force
And there we go! finally! People like you preach equality by taking other people's stuff to give to people who did not contribute into its' creation. Then when the people you're taking from resist, you immediately resort to violence. You're right, I'd kill you, your family, and you friends if it meant protecting me, mine, my family, and my friends. In a heartbeat. I worked for everything I have. Why the fuck should anyone get anything off of my efforts that I didn't give them?
starve to death
you mean in shit countries that don't matter? Sure, they're doing that right now. In the US? lol there's no starvation because of lack of food. It's because of bad parenting or other factors that have nothing to do with me. Stop playing like there's a line 2 blocks long to get a loaf of bread and some broth.

Connor Ortiz
Connor Ortiz

You inherit the air you breathe. You inherit from society the ability to walk across a street and not be murdered for your belongings, you inherit rights and privileges to be unmolested by state and corporate entities (for the most part) as you live your life. You are using those rights without paying for them. You are the leech.

Chase Green
Chase Green

honestly that should be what we should be talking about, because I know for a fact the world could use much more talent in many a places than just paying people to exist.

This idea that automation means less jobs is just so contrived, but I can also see how for some, that truly is what happens.

Bentley Evans
Bentley Evans

higher thought
Jesus, your ego is just as bad as truck drivers.

Jeremiah Allen
Jeremiah Allen

my daddy worked so I deserve to leech off the value he created
I didn't expect to read a post supporting reparations on 4chains.

Kevin Jackson
Kevin Jackson

THIS

Cooper Nguyen
Cooper Nguyen

Whites have an easier time getting into Harvard than Asians.

Attached: 1563082826.png (74 KB, 1065x749)

Easton Peterson
Easton Peterson

I got an entry level job two years ago as a self taught developer. I only knew HTML, CSS, JS and some React, and yes I'm a white straight male. I'm working with Vue and Node as a full stack developer now, making almost 6 figures, considering moving into embedded because I think it's fun.
IMO programming is one of the easiest careers to get into. I don't give a fuck if you'll actually man up and get a job, but on the off-chance that you're not trolling and you really think it's niggertranny's fault: no, it's your fault, and it's fine if you don't want to admit that to yourself because that shit probably hurts.

Cooper Gutierrez
Cooper Gutierrez

So you just refuse to acknowledge the reality that if 70% of America was unemployed tomorrow, you'd be dead by week's end?

Either you avert a revolution by fixing the problem, or there's a revolution. "Let them eat cake" has a tried and true track record of failing every single time.

there's no starvation in america lmao that could never happen
You are aware we're talking about the near-mid future where automation starts replacing jobs faster than jobs are created, right? You're capable of following a conversation?

Gabriel Wilson
Gabriel Wilson

You pay the untalented to not reproduce.

David Kelly
David Kelly

You didn't contribute to creation of your inherence, brainlet.

Adrian Harris
Adrian Harris

father started a business
I worked the business growing up and inherited it + profits when he passed
I'm supposed to give it to a bunch of worthless mouth breathers because some faggot says so
Lol no.
I inherit nothing from "society". You want to see how quickly your house of cards comes tumbling down? Take a look at Brazil. Or Venezuela. Shitholes where people are killing each other in the streets over nothing. Air? Society didn't make it. My Safety? My daily carry sees to that. And what horse shit are you on about not being molested by state and corporate entities? Try to make sense when you shitpost at least?

Levi Ortiz
Levi Ortiz

that still doesn't solve the immediate problem of all the skilled labor the world needs, especially to meet the many social and ecological problems that are coming soon.

Julian Long
Julian Long

I worked the business growing up and inherited it + profits when he passed
You mean he never paid you anything while you were working? What a shitty father.

Jaxson Rogers
Jaxson Rogers

Well besides the fact they've obviously changed how that test is graded, the fact of the matter is that those numbers are skewed because Jews are not White.

Brayden Sanders
Brayden Sanders

That's the exact opposite of what western societies do now.

Currently we punish talented people for reproducing and reward leeches for doing so.

Justin Carter
Justin Carter

da joos
Every fucking time.

William Butler
William Butler

When shit is automated, the corps can't bitch about how labor drives costs up. Do you think prices will come down? Fuck no.

Justin Garcia
Justin Garcia

Compare your current living situation to that in the USSR at the height of stalinism, or in North Korea today. People you have barely any relation to fought and died to stave off such things for you, and you're not paying for it.

Andrew Gomez
Andrew Gomez

I inherit nothing from "society".
Outside of not to get killed or invaded, money having any value, you and your family having any rights to work or to have property, getting electricity, muh roads, hospitals and whatever else. Privileges anyone working or buying for/from your daddy enjoyed, which even gave him the chance to be rich.

Benjamin Evans
Benjamin Evans

Any snakestepper is welcome to go to Somalia to demonstrate just how powerful your individual creative power is, with no society and institutions holding you back.

Blake Rogers
Blake Rogers

Clearly not, but it reduces the rate at which we need that skilled labor. The problems we face are 90% due to overpopulation so just giving us some breathing room would do wonders.

Aiden Garcia
Aiden Garcia

I got to live in house, eat his food, and have clothes put on my back. That was the payment.
Except I did. And even if the person didn't, who cares? Not your money. If I do nothing buy throw my money into the market on stocks and get super lucky, you're damned right I want my kids/grand kids to have the inheritance. Not some random people taking what they feel is "their cut". Fuck off.
I thought automation was going to save everyone user. Why would there be a food shortage just because jobs got automated? Not only that, but everyone has free money every month under your scheme right? I fail to see the problem.

Ian Kelly
Ian Kelly

How in the fucking world is that relevant?
don't worry about the incoming unemployment spike, iPhones won't get cheaper lmao

Nathaniel Sanders
Nathaniel Sanders

I got to live in house, eat his food, and have clothes put on my back. That was the payment.
That sounds like a shitty payment. You should have found a better job.

Gabriel Cooper
Gabriel Cooper

Somalia became an anarchy after the existing communist government collapsed. Since then, and without a government, they've developed Africa's most advanced telecoms infrastructure network.

Jack Harris
Jack Harris

So much reparations should our black friends inherit from the work of their parents and grand parents?

Ayden Long
Ayden Long

At least explains why he is so bitter towards other people.

Ryan Long
Ryan Long

absolutely, truck drivers is geneticaly 2nd grade people

Oliver Ross
Oliver Ross

If we can have a society where only 10% of people are working, why should we force the other 90% to have unnecessary jobs?

Attached: image.jpg (133 KB, 670x475)

Connor Diaz
Connor Diaz

the only people who scream for someone else to take care of them are worthless non-contributors. Simple as that.

Adam Morgan
Adam Morgan

I thought automation was going to save everyone user. Why would there be a food shortage just because jobs got automated?
Because you dense fucking nigger you're completely against any sort of "redistribution", in which case automation benefits nobody except the owners of the automated systems. Why the fuck would automation save anybody under your "I got mine" system? I've lost any hope that you have even a slim capacity for critical thinking, but fucking look at what you're typing.

Attached: 1460402939859.png (300 KB, 500x500)

Gavin Kelly
Gavin Kelly

Is everyone forgetting the fact that Yang is talking about this not because he wants automation to stop but because he wants the value created by automation to go towards UBI? The point is, the truck drivers and mcdonalds workers and everyone else will be able to survive without working if they cant find a job post automation.

Eli Bell
Eli Bell

truck drivers is geneticaly
Perhaps learn English before you attempt to criticize an occupation.

Mason Cox
Mason Cox

Eh, we were talking about starvation in America, in the near future. You'd think if a corp like, let's say, Hershey, which has 15k employees and profits $1.2 bil last year, got rid of half the people that work for them (due to automating their jobs), they could reduce the price of their drugs (I mean candy) exponentially, thereby reducing the cost of "food". They wouldn't though, they'd just multiply their profits.

Luke Wood
Luke Wood

Could just be unprofitable jobs. The government is full of them. How much profit is there in cleaning the streets, or removing graffiti?

Chase Rivera
Chase Rivera

Says the person who worked his entire life for free.

Asher Wood
Asher Wood

then why are those 10% of people working at all? Don't you think that's unfair?
that depends. Do you think they'd be OK with some mud and sticks? If we're talking more recent, how about some raw unprocessed cotton? my family had nothing to do with the slave trade/slave era so I don't even know how to approach that one.

Eli Hill
Eli Hill

nobody should get anything from society
by golly we have all this automation why are people going to starve? food exists, people exist, we refuse to give people food, why don't people have food?

Jacob Rogers
Jacob Rogers

No, clearly when a company lays off 50% of its workforce for being obsolete, revenue goes down 50% too. There has been no instances where a company ever maintains revenue by replacing employees with automated equivalents. (Except all of them, of course)

Dominic Jenkins
Dominic Jenkins

It's the only option. Automation isn't going to stop so long as we continue to have a functional economy and society (to what degree of is up in the air, but it should be working). Short of having no economy and no society, automation is not stopping, so the only other thing to do is curb its effects somehow.

David Sanchez
David Sanchez

I have a trucker friend that claims to making 60~80k a year. Should I get out of trucking now because Jow Forums told me I'll be replaced by automation in 10 years?

Hunter Taylor
Hunter Taylor

Do what the british did in british india. Export the grain. It's more profitable to sell grain abroad than it is to sell it locally, so why bother selling it locally? Just export it all. And so 100 million people died.

Aaron Thompson
Aaron Thompson

Because it's a stupid fucking waste of human potential, brainlet-chan.

how about some raw unprocessed cotton?
Why the fuck would you pay them with materials and not with the money their free work created?

my family had nothing to do with the slave trade/slave era
So they came later to leech of the work people did before them? Disgusting.

John Thomas
John Thomas

absolutely, truck drivers is geneticaly 2nd grade people.

Attached: HINDY-WIFU.jpg (209 KB, 1080x720)

Justin Price
Justin Price

why is it always fucking coders. Like understanding the ins and outs of frameworks is such mundane work in current year. How about journalists? How about bloggers? How about transexual gaming youtubers??

Owen Reed
Owen Reed

I think that there are enough people who would want to work to fill those necessary positions. I've spoken to many people IRL about this and the vast majority said they would want to be in the 10%. Don't forget that people on Jow Forums are not average people.

Brayden Cook
Brayden Cook

THEY dont have any "human potential"

John Cooper
John Cooper

How about journalists? How about bloggers? How about transexual gaming youtubers?
You have to be semi creative and a personality to do that.

Robert Jackson
Robert Jackson

of course I'm against redistribution. All it does is glorify those who do not contribute. You're going to drag everyone down to the same level, regardless of financial/social status all in the name of automation. No joking, honest question. Are there going to be tiers with UBI? Say everything is automated already and now you have oil barons, CEO's, etc being told they have to give up their wealth for others. how do you thik they're going to take it? What will be promised to them in return for parting with their money? Because all I'm seeing is people after what I and my family before me worked hard for, to give to people I don't know, with nothing in return other than less money. That's the only reason I'm against these types of systems. I don't trust the people trying to implement them. They're usually idiots with ulterior motives.
I honestly don't know what to tell you. Raising children isn't cheap and the company didn't start at the top, it worked its' way up. I got paid in living expenses and an allowance.

Colton Long
Colton Long

why is it always fucking coders.
Because everything is relying on tech, which requires programming, user.

Robert Reed
Robert Reed

That's what a brainlet would say. But I bet even you have some. Have fun discovering it!

Luis Peterson
Luis Peterson

Are you actually unable to process the concept that white people live in America without owning slaves, even when it was legal?

It'll fucking blow your mind when you find out only a handful of people owned almost all the slaves, and some of those people were black

Cooper Stewart
Cooper Stewart

THEY dont have any "human potential".

Attached: ELEONOR-ACCAUNTER.jpg (14 KB, 210x210)

Camden Cox
Camden Cox

I never said I disagreed, it just seems like everyone in this thread is asking whats gonna happen once jobs get automated when his entire campaign is based around allowing people to live without working whether or not they can find employment in a post automation world. People in this thread just can't comprehend that we won't be teaching anyone any new skills, we just won't work anymore if we don't want to. Thats the whole point; no new jobs are being created.

Luke Russell
Luke Russell

nobody should get anything from society
I never said that. I said people who don't contribute. Having UBI conflates things though. UBI can only work if everyone pays into it. I asked the other user about how'd it all would work because other than my money being taken for others, I don't see a benefit.

John Bell
John Bell

im a coder

Owen Hernandez
Owen Hernandez

You don't need to own slaves to profit from the work slaves did.

Caleb Young
Caleb Young

What makes you think the unemployed people won't do anything useful with their time? The greatest periods for art happened because the upper class didn't have to work and could dedicate their time to what they wanted to do. Lots of people make fantastic programs in their spare time because they enjoy it. Imagine what these people could do if they didn't have to work.

Colton Johnson
Colton Johnson

You're just arguing in a circle here. Your base solution to the problem is "let people starve". And therefore, violence is justified. What part of this is hard for you?

Nicholas Brooks
Nicholas Brooks

You have to put it in more historically applicable terms. Truck drivers, on the advent of automation, have skills. What they have is unprofitable skills, compared to a machine. What do you do with unprofitable skills? Well, the meaning of this is that they cannot earn more value than they generate, which overall means they cannot use an excess to fund their life, with food, housing, and the like.
This immediately puts the rest of history as applicable. British india, again, had an entire population of people whose skills were not worth more than the global market price of food. Truck drivers will share the same fate. History also has recorded the results of large scale starvation.

Jayden Gonzalez
Jayden Gonzalez

Why the fuck would you pay them with materials and not with the money their free work created?
and how would that be calculated. And who would pay the fee once it does get calculated?
So they came later to leech of the work people did before them? Disgusting.
So literally any country. Awesome.

Henry Roberts
Henry Roberts

Quoting the wrong motherfucker but yeah, you're obviously right.

Dylan Baker
Dylan Baker

Was trying to give you a chance but
violence is justified
Yeah, nah, you're a cunt. Can't wait to kill cunts like you when shit hits the fan.

Liam Gutierrez
Liam Gutierrez

2010 was when people started saying that shit. 9 years ago. Guess what it's still in concept phase. Diesel trucks are still the cheapest option for logistics. We haven't even begun the electric hybrid truck phase, let alone full electric. Self driving cars aren't phasing out truck driving for at least another 50 years. Fucking California with their massive fucking budget couldn't even materialize an electric railway when they've existed in Japan for decades. Shit doesn't happen overnight.

Tyler Taylor
Tyler Taylor

What will be promised to them in return for parting with their money?
Money?
You do realise that any labour you perform under a UBI system goes straight to the person who works as profit, right? If they have a corporation, they get to have vast quantities of money in exchange for giving up most of it.
Same for someone selling paintings on the street, he makes a couple hundred dollars a week but gives most of it away, and in the meantime has enough food and housing to live even on the days he makes nothing.

Jordan Reed
Jordan Reed

Does it not occur to you that a lot of people are stupid and are being replaced by machines.

The problem is they are even being replaced in the service sector since people would rather deal with a machine then a person.

Cameron Collins
Cameron Collins

Imagine what these people could do if they didn't have to work.
witout strong police of happines THEY gona do a revolution

Attached: TESTYOU.png (133 KB, 287x389)

Julian Barnes
Julian Barnes

Shit won't hit the fan because I'm gonna be sitting in my comfy poorfag neet home living off of yangbucks while you whine like a boomer bitch about jobs that will never exist ever again

Tyler Campbell
Tyler Campbell

You're right, every black person in America today benefits from the advances made possible by slavery. Therefore, no reparations are necessary.

The ability to meaningfully contribute is dictated by the amount of jobs available. The UBI argument hinges on automation dramatically reducing this. Either you institute work programs, in which taxpayer dollars are used to pay people to fill make-work jobs, or you cut out the make-work and just pay people. This latter option is called UBI. It's more efficient, because roads to nowhere and ghost cities in the Chinese outback have proven expensive.

Ryan Jackson
Ryan Jackson

Anglo "individualism" / social atomism. Where societies really are just random groups of people sharing the same space, and you're in some dire competition with everybody else all the time for some inexplicable reason.

Aaron Brown
Aaron Brown

get $1000 a month doing nothing
know 50 people that do drugs that have suddenly come into an extra rack a month
Let's get this motherfucker in office and start trappin'.

Jack Taylor
Jack Taylor

Even so, the article mentioned it was only automating longhaul/OTR, which no trucker wants to do anyway. More complicated routes like doing local, inner-city driving,etc, would still require a driver. I'm sure that'll eventually get automated down the road too, but that's significantly more far off.

Dylan White
Dylan White

He is not right that $1k isn't enough to compensate.

Why are burger leaders usually so bad at numbers / so uncaring with regards to health care and other needs of their larger constituency?

Julian Bailey
Julian Bailey

I'm looking forward to seeing the faces on the rich when the revolution happens and they suddenly don't have money anymore. Or a head.

Camden Carter
Camden Carter

I win by importing Mexicans to vote for my prefered policies. You have to make the first move, status quo favors me.

Chase Nguyen
Chase Nguyen

Creating a permanent bottom class and bottom caste.

It is inevitable but I'm surprised to see someone pushing for it so soon.

Juan Ward
Juan Ward

New jobs are always being created, that's a constant. What's variable is the rate of that job creation in relation to job displacement by automation. This is fundamentally an economic problem at its core. We have to stop thinking about what individual people are going to do and start thinking about what will happen when millions of those individual people are unable to reintegrate into the labor force.

The system Yang proposes (I assume, I don't have all the details) should not be for creating a permanent system of UBI for all eternity, it needs to be a temporary solution that provides a broad safety net for those millions about to be displaced until either they CAN reintegrate into the labor force and/or enough jobs are created eventually to catch up with the rate of automation. There's an automation gap growing and that's what needs to be addressed for the sake of the health of the macroeconomy.

We're on the same page, but there are some details I think you're missing.

Josiah Rogers
Josiah Rogers

I suppose. You have faith in people though. I've become jaded seeing just how many snakes there are out there willing to stab anyone in the back for a buck. You see an artist making a couple hundred bucks to put into the system. I see that same artists pocketing the money AND continuing to take their share from UBI.

idk. I'd love it all to work out, but it relies on honest people.

Wyatt Cruz
Wyatt Cruz

muh basic universal rack a month

to this day, I don't understand why people think of money as anything other than an intermediate to exchange. money in it of itself has no value and giving it freely doesn't do anything at all.
this whole thing is retarded.

Easton Wright
Easton Wright

2010 was when people started saying that shit. 9 years ago
Yeah, that's why I'm always skeptical of all the hype generated around this. I know it'll eventually happen, but I don't see it replacing the entire industry in 10 years. That's just not feasible. Hell, for the most part, basic warehouses haven't even been automated yet. Only a few companies in America have it. It'll be a long, gradual shift.

Thanks for the words of encouragement though. I would be royally fucked without this job.

Jaxson Barnes
Jaxson Barnes

african refugees are smarter than *Americans

Fixed that for you

Logan Reed
Logan Reed

permanent
All they gotta do is go to college and become programmers. easy

Nicholas Ward
Nicholas Ward

it should keep poors/zombies from breaking the law retard

Liam Wood
Liam Wood

So you don't understand how artifically moving an intermediate of exchange from a corporation to consumers changes an economy? Seems like you just need basic economics for that.

Gabriel King
Gabriel King

that's about standard for a traitor to his nation. It's OK user. I understand your motives. you're incapable of taking care of yourself, so you need big daddy gov't with the tax dollar to do it for you. Life if hard big guy :(

Attached: 1562790194789.jpg (58 KB, 960x814)

Jayden Roberts
Jayden Roberts

Hurr there is that guy with preexisting conditions that might benefit, also that woman with a drug problem and that other guy that might possibly maybe be financing PEDOPHILES
time to stop everything, no health care, housing, education, social assistance for anyone, we will have tent slums for the unsuccessful/sick/mentally ill on our streets and police can deal with the issues

Kevin Davis
Kevin Davis

Well yes, cheating would be a real issue. If it couldn't be sorted out then UBI really wouldn't float at all.
Possible solution might be to digitise all money transfers, and have them monitored by automated systems. Or have purchases taxed for UBI rather than income. Not sure what that would do for hoarding though.

Christian Hughes
Christian Hughes

how would that be calculated
Pretty sure there are enough records for average costs of labour, materials and profits for a rough estimate.

And who would pay the fee once it does get calculated?
Anyone who could've reasonably profited from it ... aka. everyone sans our black brothers. One can add additional factors like making families who were there longer and accumulated more wealth pay more. Or more direct by focusing on ex slave owners. Since user is so obsessed by inheritance he probably spend countless hours on this issue and can offer better suggestions.

So literally any country.
So people actually own their success to their society?

benefits from the advances made possible by slavery
The benefits that everyone got hardly outweight centuries of free labor for a specific group.

Cameron Turner
Cameron Turner

Tell me what jobs can POSSIBLY be created post automation besides robot overseers and developers. Those jobs will still exist and people will still want to do them for extra money, but if we do automation right there is literally no human intervention required for anything and the bots have multiple safety nets and redundancies and keep each other in check.
In any case if UBI becomes a thing I'm instantly becoming a poorfag and quitting my job. Fuck working, let the robots do it

Liam James
Liam James

Why do you assume electric trucks are a prerequisite to self driving trucks? First generation self driving car prototypes were universally gasoline.

Hunter Mitchell
Hunter Mitchell

The solution is for people to work less hours a week or less years until retirement. That is, of course, if new technology and increased consumerism doesn't create more jobs like it has always done in the past. Giving leeches gibs for doing absolutely nothing is retarded.

Adrian Moore
Adrian Moore

Even $2k is barely enough for a single person. You could do it, but you'd have almost no savings or spending money.

You'd have to work some shit job on the side.

Levi Johnson
Levi Johnson

ramble, ramble
What does this have to do with me exploiting the system and getting racked the fuck up?

Dylan Clark
Dylan Clark

they need also VR truck driving simulator, or they kill self

Attached: mars.png (330 KB, 800x904)

Luis Price
Luis Price

Jobs that pay less than $20 an hour aren't worth creating.

Angel Perry
Angel Perry

Tell me what jobs can POSSIBLY be created post automation besides robot overseers and developers
How far into the future are we talking? When automation replaces blue collar jobs or white collar?

Austin Lopez
Austin Lopez

The benefits that everyone got hardly outweight centuries of free labor for a specific group
That specific group has been dead for almost 200 years. Giving their direct descendants (much less all blacks currently in america) anything makes no more sense than giving me credit for inventing the lightbulb because I'm white.

Tyler Wilson
Tyler Wilson

Savings would be less necessary under guaranteed income. Spending money? Get a job.

Anthony Phillips
Anthony Phillips

Tell me what jobs can POSSIBLY be created post automation besides robot overseers and developers.
Content raters/reviewers for Amazon/Netflix, etc, etc

People will spend a lot more time on entertainment, a lot more entertainment will get created, gotta find people who siff through the shit and help deciding which books to read and which series to watch.

Aaron Nguyen
Aaron Nguyen

Fucking California with their massive fucking budget couldn't even materialize an electric railway when they've existed in Japan for decades
Not just Japan, most of Europe is electrified, including many countries that aren't terribly amazing at public transportation.

Much of the USA is arguably currently showing a special level of incompetence with regards to constructing and maintaining infrastructure (not just railways, also roads, water management, power, ...)

Attached: Map-of-electrified-railways-in-Northern-Europe.jpg (363 KB, 1558x739)

Alexander Rodriguez
Alexander Rodriguez

Post automation society that you're referring to is FAR future, like really far. We're not quite there yet, but we're officially on the track for it. As new technologies emerge, new discoveries get made, and god-forbid we actually start colonizing mars or space mining or whatever, jobs will be created, if not out of specialty then out of sheer scale.

As for where we are now, we need to focus on the near-mid future of where automation is taking us, as in the next 25-50 years.

Jackson Stewart
Jackson Stewart

Then explain why most jobs today pay less than that.

Jason James
Jason James

Anyone who could've reasonably profited from it ... aka. everyone sans our black brothers.
except they did profit from it. You say society gives people things, such as those mentioned by another user about air, safety, etc. All the technologies and medical breakthroughs I would say are enough. Not only that, but for how long? How long will people be paying? Why should the 5th generation son of a family who happened to own slaves be forced to pay for the actions of someone he's never met and something he didn't do? Are we going to start jailing the great grandchildren of someone because their distant long dead relative killed a man? Where does it end?

Also I am that user and I'm highly agitated when people mention reparations for blacks. It immediately gets implied that all white people will be paying into it.

Luke Turner
Luke Turner

Every time you say rack in this thread I'm going to donate $5 to Trump's re-election campaign, and $5 to the campaign of a random neoliberal Democrat. You now have a political and personal incentive to stop talking like a fucking nigger.

Brayden Kelly
Brayden Kelly

The person who invented the lightbulb got paid. They didn't. If you believe in inheritance, there is no excuse not to reward every black person born in Murica for the work of their ancestors which they got denied; unless they immigrated very recently.

Adrian Johnson
Adrian Johnson

it doesn't though. the value is actually in the economic activities of people, not in unfair distributions.

Elijah Ross
Elijah Ross

Savings would be less necessary under guaranteed income.
Savings will always be necessary. If an emergency occurs and your $1k month can't cover it you're fucked.

Spending money? Get a job.
That's going to be hard to do post-automation for majority of people.

Eli Watson
Eli Watson

Racks out for israel then user

Levi Bailey
Levi Bailey

It immediately gets implied that all white people will be paying into it.
Well when white people are bred out of the country this ceases to be a problem.

Jose Murphy
Jose Murphy

You can make some of the truckers into coders but most of them will never be able to code or even want to code.

James Roberts
James Roberts

create an entire nation of blacks who do nothing but take even more gibs than they do already, simply because they're black

that'll go over fantastic.

Juan Adams
Juan Adams

They already are rewarded. The alternative is to be in Africa, which they can go back to at any time.

Oliver Roberts
Oliver Roberts

Savings would be less necessary under guaranteed income.
Not if it's this little AND doesn't even include health care. Plus it also doesn't sound like it'll have complete tax exemption (sales tax etc. included).

You do realize a good fraction of people go bankrupt because of health care and what you get with no money is just insufficient if you have any nontrivial issues, right? (You'll also not find a job to finance getting around that problem.)

And knowing burger politics, they'll "forget" about inflation so if it starts at sum that is basically too little to live in most places, it'll still be too little to live almost anywhere 20 years later.

Jaxon Rivera
Jaxon Rivera

The point is, what happens when automation advances to the point that 90% of people can't "contribute" according to your standard, since everything they can do can be done better by machines? Does contribution have to be defined in economic terms? I'd hope that many people are valued by their families and communities just for being enjoyable to be around, which isn't quantifiable at all.

Xavier Long
Xavier Long

Most jobs that pay $20/hr+ require some type of skill, trade or degree.

Nathaniel Taylor
Nathaniel Taylor

I speak optimistically of course, what will actually happen is that conservative candidates will waltz in and make boomers afraid of automation they dont understand and will never experience and get them to vote in someone who will put a stop to automation to preserve JobsTM, while convincing them that if we dont stop the evil automation americans will magically starve because robots wont let us have their robot dollars.
Trump just brought back coal jobs because boomers demanded him to even though coal is dead and something we should be phasing out. I wouldnt count on UBI becoming a thing due to how royally fucked and resistant to change American politics is but when it happens you bet your ass im on board
Both, they both have their own hurdles but ultimately will be automated around the same time

Cooper Martinez
Cooper Martinez

Wow. Most ratings and reviews are bullshit anyway. I would honestly say most of my absolute favorite entertainment products have reviews from 6 to 8 (out of 10). TL;DR: Average people/reviewers are dumb and like dumb shit. Most things that require thought or that cannot be explained easily tend to get overlooked/skipped over. People literally cry about the dumbest shit these days, especially gamers.

Oliver Mitchell
Oliver Mitchell

For all intents and purposes, yes

Doubt. Low IQ people tend to have terrible retention and application of knowledge. While they might seem to have absorbed it, check back in a month and things will have likely fallen apart.

Probably not. However, there is that Nigerian tribe that BTFOs East Asians in the British school system - so it's possible.

Nathan Thompson
Nathan Thompson

I take that back, I'm tired, obviously white collar is easier to automate, so lets say blue collar

Adam Jackson
Adam Jackson

Do people in Yang's plan on Basic get the low income health insurance subsidy or no? Because UBI isn't supposed to replace healthcare, it's on top of. You can't bring the UBI concept to America without also Medicare for All.

Carter Jones
Carter Jones

I think the issue I'm struggling with is people have always been defined by their career choices. Said career choices usually entail money. Carpenter, engineer, architect, even something as simply as a farmer. People have always been able to look back at their past and tell others what their parent's once did. with full automation, what do we have? A bunch of people who do nothing all day? What's the end game when all that can be automated is done? Where do humans fit in once we on longer have a drive or need to get good at something?

John Watson
John Watson

Too late. They're already done by bits.

Jackson Morales
Jackson Morales

americans will magically starve because robots wont let us have their robot dollars
No, the problem is the robot owners won't give Americans their robot dollars. Taxing the robot owners to give the robot dollars to Americans is literally what this argument is about.

Joshua Taylor
Joshua Taylor

except they did profit from it.
As did everyone else. They didn't profit from their work though, unlike everyone else.

Why should the 5th generation son of a family who happened to own slaves be forced to pay for the actions of someone he's never met and something he didn't do?
For the same reason the person would inherit anything. You're the one supporting the idea, that people deserve to benefit from the work of their ancestors.

Are we going to start jailing the great grandchildren of someone because their distant long dead relative killed a man?
That's unrelated to reparations. We're not talking about punishing people for the crimes of their ancestors but paying the money they stole from exploiting others, since they inherited money from the exploitation it's only logical to pay it back.

Lincoln Williams
Lincoln Williams

They're just doing it for virtue signalling and self-promotion.

Sebastian Price
Sebastian Price

so when white are gone, society collapses as no one can actually contribute. Cool!

Connor Rivera
Connor Rivera

slippery slope
What a retarded argument

Nicholas Long
Nicholas Long

Yes, I know that, I was trying to be funny but apparently it backfired

Cooper Martin
Cooper Martin

Why would they go to another country after building Murica?

Hunter Johnson
Hunter Johnson

You may derive a cynical "I'm going to do that" variant to ridicule people in need, but it's still the same bullshit line of thinking.

Julian Jenkins
Julian Jenkins

I'm a trucker and I can program. Sure, I can use a framework and make things happen. Being able to do it at a competitive level as an occupation and constantly innovate is a different ballgame though.

Henry Sanchez
Henry Sanchez

thousands of new laws every year
not slippery slope

Tyler Davis
Tyler Davis

More reasons to hire more reviewers, and reward them according to satisfaction with their recommendations.

Cooper Davis
Cooper Davis

Just automate law production

Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones

Because slavery was bad for them and they want to undo the damage.

Christopher Jackson
Christopher Jackson

nice rebuttal. I sure learned something from this interaction to make me think about my opinion and consider changing it. 10/10 would chat again.
so if it takes the entire life of one of these people "paying it back" you're OK with that? Keeping in mind this person has nothing to do with the slavery at all.

Nolan Davis
Nolan Davis

Poos didn't touch MCAS dumb retard, keep shilling for Boeing though

Jaxson Martinez
Jaxson Martinez

I actually found the "boomer speak" useful for condensing the topic, "robot dollars" is a lot less verbage than "the benefits of automation"

Lucas Stewart
Lucas Stewart

already exists
save on fuel costs
save on tax write offs
it's the logical next step before self driving.

Jaxon Powell
Jaxon Powell

whoa, the future is now.
when do we have automated court rooms too? we could just make it a monte carlo simulator; probably would do a better job than our current legal system.

Hunter White
Hunter White

Legal slavery.

Christian Baker
Christian Baker

But they are free to switch jobs or quit at any time.

Parker Evans
Parker Evans

Not mention Boeing fired their senior engineers because they're "not needed anymore".

Anthony Wright
Anthony Wright

But if diesels are more efficient and effective for long haul trucks, which is true of our current battery technology, why not skip electric and build self driving diesels? They're a better option than electric self driving trucks.

Justin Hill
Justin Hill

That distinction will only relevant once health care is actually funded and covers any fixable condition.

$1k is too little to live outside of a tent anyhow, you'll need to be healthy to suck dicks or something to gain some extra income.

Kayden Reed
Kayden Reed

Keeping in mind this person has nothing to do with the slavery at all.

but that's where you're wrong; they're at best a product of it or at least the systemic racism against a whole group of people who happened to also be slaves at one point.

Andrew Allen
Andrew Allen

because diesels are polluting shitheaps with a serious fuel quality issue.

Blake Walker
Blake Walker

It's an improvement but it isn't tied to being before or after self driving. Self driving is about sensory input and control. Besides, MI algos require like 500W of computing power. That kills mileage.
But really trucks should be much more aerodynamic, and electric trucks will probably look like aerofoils eventually.
you can either work the sugar plantation or the cotton plantation, how is this slavery?
Not that I agree nor disagree, just your argument doesn't hold much water.
For an argument you should first define slavery so you start at the same point; since you're likely arguing with someone who defines slavery as something like not being given the fruits of your labour. Rather than the legal definition.

Andrew Turner
Andrew Turner

I desperately hope that people don't need jobs to have some kind of drive to accomplish something in their lives. Realistically, I can't imagine that being the case. If jobs disappeared tomorrow, I could see myself lazing around on the couch for about a week max before I get bored need to occupy myself with something valuable, like practicing an instrument, learning a language or a craft, etc. etc. A society of millions of people doing absolutely nothing all day because they aren't forced to by jobs they hate seems incredibly unlikely to me.

Elijah Cooper
Elijah Cooper

Getting rid of crackers sounds like a better strategy then.

Keeping in mind this person has nothing to do with the slavery at all.
They inherited their wealth from someone who did. They aren't paying back their money but the money they got that someone else related to them got from exploiting someone else. Though good point, they also should pay the interest.

you're OK with that?
I'm not okay with inheritance, so I'm against reparations too. But for someone who is for inheritance, surely you support people not getting robbed of the wealth their ancestors created.

Asher Stewart
Asher Stewart

building Murica
I have literally never even been to a Southern state. How the fuck did they build my hometown? Oh, wait they didn't even show up until after the 1950s and then all the white people ran faster than, well, <insert nigger trackstar>.

Easton Powell
Easton Powell

So are modern day blacks. If it wasn't for slavery, they wouldn't be in this country in the first place. The only reparations they should get is a one way plane ticket.

John Morris
John Morris

you didn't answer my question. Would you be OK with some being forced into financial slavery against their will because you feel it's right to pay back descendants of slaves? Do 2 wrongs make a right in this scenario for you? That's called the ingredients of a race war, and I say that unironically. That's how you build resentment and anger. The Ottoman Empire once enslaved shit load of nations, including people from Europe. Should we all start digging into whatever financial records we can find to get our cut?

This is why I asked where does this end?

Carter Davis
Carter Davis

they will eventually. But it's not even an established concept yet. They can't even make monetary investments at this point. It's more likely that affordable electric is right around the corner.

Jonathan Mitchell
Jonathan Mitchell

true, then they could be exploited without the direct sort of pr nightmare of them being citizens of your nation.

Christian Thomas
Christian Thomas

something like not being given the fruits of your labour
I didn't know that these people were working for free.

Nicholas Harris
Nicholas Harris

almost as if people could trade resources (created by slave labour) among states

Aiden Parker
Aiden Parker

Reparations from the assyrians

Brandon Nelson
Brandon Nelson

I don't really believe in reparations as some kind of direct wealth transfer, but something akin to what people would call affirmative action.

Jack Parker
Jack Parker

botbux would be shorter and more idiomatic

Carson Cooper
Carson Cooper

I would much rather have a country full of people "doing nothing" (aka following their passions unhinged by their financial status) than a country full of people working 24/7 and producing nothing of human value in fear of starving to death.

Jaxson Rivera
Jaxson Rivera

This is why I asked where does this end?
Where indeed. Tons of land in UK is still owned by fucking lords. If inheritance has no limit, why should reparations be limited by time?

John Reyes
John Reyes

I didn't know that these people were working for free.
Neither did I. But If you have a situation where housing, food, etc, takes up all your income, then the difference really does shrink. A slave is provided with food, and lodging.
There's a lot of difference, but to the person in that condition it really would just seem that the only difference was no whips.

Luke Murphy
Luke Murphy

But for someone who is for inheritance, surely you support people not getting robbed of the wealth their ancestors created
sure, if we could sit down and figure out who owned who, inflation rates, what their labor did. But I've asked this before. Who does this? How are the rates determined?
Getting rid of crackers sounds like a better strategy then.
Eh, I take this argument with a grain of salt. You just sound like a white hating black person with a chip on your shoulder anyway.

Lucas Hill
Lucas Hill

All the land in the UK is owned by the Crown, sweety.

Xavier Allen
Xavier Allen

diesel is more expensive than gasoline

Aaron Hall
Aaron Hall

It wasn't tho. Africa didn't achieve the literacy rate that American slaves had until the 60s.

Henry Collins
Henry Collins

wahh I don't want to live with roommates
wahh I need a new iPhone every year
wahh I need to go out to a restaurant every month
why don't I have anything left over from my paycheck!

Asher Sanders
Asher Sanders

Of course, assuming work isnt needed

Evan Murphy
Evan Murphy

how are any of these not valid concerns?

Colton Perez
Colton Perez

(cont'd)
BTW on top of that this BS is probably simply a way for Yang and friends to weasel their rich asses out of paying 120+ trillion USD (the problem here are the exact accounting practices, this is one of the lower values) unfunded liabilities which yes, include social security like medicare and social programs plus contractually promised benefits for veterans and state employees and so on.

You should know how these people work. They're sure as fuck not promising 1k extra to reduce the insane poverty epidemic in the USA.
If they did this for a moment, then they'd change their minds even before the required money flows for five or ten years.

Chase Barnes
Chase Barnes

You're clearly describing a situation where someone is not on subsistence income. You probably should be imagining china or india or something, instead of californians, who are nuke-bait.

Jeremiah Fisher
Jeremiah Fisher

Yes, he's generally right. But not in a disparaging "Truck drivers too stupid" kind of way, but just that it is an extremely expensive (in every way) proposition to completely changed specialized careers - something that shouldn't be expected of anyone in a modern society.

Learning a new professional skill set, especially given the insane requirements in most white collar professions to even get an "entry level", is hugely costly and risky. Time and money are the big ones to start. You'll need to find some way to be supported while you're attempting to learn your new skill. In many cases, this may be something like study on the side after you already work your normal 8-12 hour days, further delaying your progress. Besides money needed to support yourself, you need to find somewhere to get sufficient teaching and training, which will usually be costly; doesn't help there are tons of unethical shitstain companies that take advantage of people.

Then you have to devote the time and energy going from knowing absolutely nothing about coding into being able to code well enough to not just get a job, but a job that is able to support you and ideally better than your previous one! This will not be a quick process, and you can spend a fuckload of money on shitty bootcamp promises and not really learn anything useful enough. Especially when you're dumped into a job market that is horrid, going up against people with much more experience than you or different situations. You'll probably spend several years in this process even if you could do it full time, and may come out with a fuckload of student debt -something that will then be exploited by employers knowing you can't easily walk away even from an underpaying shit job.

This is to say nothing for other costs like stress/health and the fact that you may not be well suited to coding/second career as its so different from the first you won't know until you're well into attempting training. Bad idea.

Noah Gutierrez
Noah Gutierrez

Luxuries aren't the same as needs.

Connor Bailey
Connor Bailey

Land is purchase once regardless of the owner. Any sort of race related payments would be FOREVER and only get more expensive as they continue to fuck and make more of their kind.
we already have exactly that and they don't call them racial quotas, but they're fucking race quotas. Now what? Where do we go from here? Do we let less qualified people into jobs because of their skin color all the time?

I'm sincerely trying to see this from the pro-reparations side of things and all it points to isn't equality, but trying to raise one race over another. All that will do is create resentment. You think racism was bad back in the day? Wait until you have it standard practice on a federal level that certain people are going to get paid because of their skin color. Or will get the job over you solely for skin color (assuming jobs exist in the automated world)

Nolan Robinson
Nolan Robinson

b-but obammy said we all need to learn how to code to program our ipad! its that simple!]
bump limit

Jordan Foster
Jordan Foster

Seriously, imagine a world where you spend most of your time doing shit you're passionate about and only need to tweak the programs that are automating the rest of your life maybe once a week. Would be nice af.

Alexander Hall
Alexander Hall

People living on subsistence income in China and India aren't making $19 an hour.

Jonathan Rodriguez
Jonathan Rodriguez

we already have exactly that and they don't call them racial quotas, but they're fucking race quotas. Now what? Where do we go from here? Do we let less qualified people into jobs because of their skin color all the time?

yes. serves whitey right for shit like red lining, slavery, still managing to show racial bias up to 2019, etc.

Adam Perez
Adam Perez

Cotton and tobacco didn't build shit, you stupid fuck.

Lincoln Rogers
Lincoln Rogers

Funny, I am an automator (programmer). The industry has been trying to get e-pod online for about 5 years and it still has massive issues. The rails refuse to integrate, the drivers find ways around the process, it’s been disastrous! And that’s just replacing a carbon copy BOL with an electronic version. Automation is 100 years away at least.

Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

I quoted the wrong post. Cotton and tobacco didn't build shit, you dumb fuck.

Ayden Clark
Ayden Clark

Stellar thread. I'm surprised it actually reached bump limit without everybody tearing each other's throats out. How rare of an occasion. I am glad I got to participate.

Attached: 1530495898622.jpg (30 KB, 512x273)

Tyler Mitchell
Tyler Mitchell

ok, so where do luxuries start? because really this a debate that can be drawn almost arbitrarily anywhere.

Nathan Myers
Nathan Myers

Race quotas don't just affect White people.

Charles Turner
Charles Turner

They aren't, but if you're making $19 an hour and your expenses are $181 a day, it doesn't matter. Let us assume that I'm trying to argue that slavery is possible when people are paid wages in the general sense and not about any magic numbers of hourly rate that suddenly make things not slavery, and that the $181 is purely housing, food, transport, taxes, bare minimum clothing, utilities, and no luxuries.

Eli Green
Eli Green

slavery
Practiced by every single nation on the planet, including your fellow Africans! (who probably sold your family off in the first place)
red lining
I didn't know a bank shooting down someone who is a financial risk is considered racist.
racial bias
please provide examples. For what, jobs? Affirmative action. Housing? Not allowed to discriminate based on anything, race, gender, etc.

Elijah Cooper
Elijah Cooper

Who does this? How are the rates determined?
That's for our inheritance enthusiasts to answers. I bet there are tons of suggestions in the open either way. You're the one who wants to live of the back of the past after all.

You just sound like a white hating black person with a chip on your shoulder anyway.
Too bad I'm neither. Again, I'm not pro-reparations. People getting benefits for work they didn't do is silly, and anti-capitalist. Hence inheritance should be massively limited too. A person's wealth should be something they achieve, not leech of their more productive ancestors for generations.

The profits you got for it could be re-invested, you know. Besides, cotton is important as fuck for basically anything.

Daniel Torres
Daniel Torres

when you can reliably live for a long period of time in one living condition without suffering to the point of depressive behavior and physical harm

Asher Mitchell
Asher Mitchell

Or maybe some luxuries when massa thinks you did a good job

Angel Allen
Angel Allen

and that the $181 is purely housing, food, transport, taxes, bare minimum clothing, utilities, and no luxuries.
There's no such thing.

Lincoln Sullivan
Lincoln Sullivan

Well automation has definitely fucked the machinist. We go from company to company writing their programs, then they replace us with people who just learn the setups and load the programs and pay them $10 an hour to operate the machines.

Andrew Phillips
Andrew Phillips

Tbqh, yeah, as stupid as it was, the discussion was mostly civil. Good job everyone.

Caleb Butler
Caleb Butler

They certainly don't start with an iPhone or dining at an Italian restaurant.

Lincoln Thomas
Lincoln Thomas

Let us assume that I'm trying to argue that slavery is possible when people are paid wages in the general sense and not about any magic numbers of hourly rate that suddenly make things not slavery,

Elijah Richardson
Elijah Richardson

It's because Euros are asleep or just now waking up. If this was posted later in the day it wouldve turned into a "do americans really?" thread by the tenth post

Robert Cooper
Robert Cooper

most truck drivers are biggest hillbilies rednecks drunktards niggers ever

John Garcia
John Garcia

ok, so you just decided not to draw a line, but make it more confusing by stating yet another arbitrary thing.

what if some cuck needs his own private idaho and a fucking new iphone every year to not be suffering long term? so is it now a need? fucking retard.

Dominic Perez
Dominic Perez

It would be like taking a coder and telling them "Well, you're going to have to be an artistic painter now and make your living that way." Or an arc-welder.

Its just a stupid proposition to ask people to do this. Now those who have the personal interest / desire / drive / financial ability etc.. to change careers later on or whatnot, more power to them. But it shouldn't be something that expect of people, much less telling some 50 year old trucker or coal miner he "just needs to learn to code with s ome retraining" .

Yang's central idea of basic income is a good one, and I think it should actually be MORE per month, but even with that in place we need to have a better plan for things like changing job markets. Someone who worked as roughneck on oil pipelines shouldn't be told to get an office job cranking out apps all day, but his previous skills can probably apply to building or installing wind/solar/renewables. For those who do want to retrain or add to their skillset (ie someone with generic white color office work paper pushing wants to learn some coding), there needs to be inexpensive public, accessible, ways to do so.

These are just a few of the issues there are and the can't; be handled in a vacuum, as they're all interconnected.

Samuel Nelson
Samuel Nelson

Modest luxuries are needed, else people basically go insane. Staring at an overheating wall in a shack just doesn't work.

It doesn't require an "iPhone" every year of course, but there are non-trivial expenses between transportation, entertainment and food, education, health care, ... that surely amount to more than an iPhone every year. All of these are definitely additional to the cost to staring at a wall and eating some mush twice a day.

Isaiah White
Isaiah White

That's not reality.

David Robinson
David Robinson

I'd guess a third of the thread is Euros. I am.

Hunter Ward
Hunter Ward

Business schools need to pay reparations to the bl*cks, who stupidly taught them how to pimp. wagies = hoes, consumers = tricks. KEEP EM BROKE

Joshua Gray
Joshua Gray

Divide the numbers by ten and it's reality in china and india

Jeremiah Diaz
Jeremiah Diaz

Same here.

James Bennett
James Bennett

based retard

Mason Hall
Mason Hall

That's for our inheritance enthusiasts to answers
so it will never happen then. I will meet in the middle and say that inheritance should be capped yes. I only was fighting to keep a business going that my father started, not taking in millions/billions as a trust fund child.

idk. I'd be for everyone chipping in, but I mentioned it early ITT, such a system requires everyone to be honest, and I just don't see that happening.

Dylan Richardson
Dylan Richardson

we need to have a better plan for things like changing job markets
Germany got apprenticeships. Basically a company hires you to teach you how to do a certain job for 2-3 years.

Ethan Anderson
Ethan Anderson

This. Diversions are more important than most think. Besides, if they don't have diversions and comforts, they'll do the one thing that is free and only requires other people - fucking, usually leading to children. This is part of the circle of poverty. The amount of conception happening because of boredom (outside the bedroom) is staggering.

Julian Ortiz
Julian Ortiz

That's only true in the non-industrialized areas. Any factory worker is going to have plenty of money left over at the end of the month.

Angel Clark
Angel Clark

youtube.com/watch?v=JVS8JbVPgJE

Isaac Collins
Isaac Collins

I think a bigger question is, will automation make goods cheaper? I mean, since the companies are making more profit and the cost of labor is nonexistent, everything should become cheaper, right? Surely the people at top won't just get richer and the poor, poorer?

Lincoln Brooks
Lincoln Brooks

I only was fighting to keep a business going that my father started
I mean, yeah that makes sense. Being able to be part of something your father build up and expanding it further sounds like an important freedom to have.

Finding where to draw the line is obviously a far more tricky part, and hell, I wouldn't even know on the spot.

Josiah Bell
Josiah Bell

That's definitely a good option and should be part of the solution. Of course, in Germany (and probably the Nordic nations as well) I'm guessing they are wider ranging - even to white collar - as opposed to just skilled labor, and hopefully have enough legislated protections for the workers within them.

In the US "internships" were kinda-sorta the white collar version of an apprenticeship, in theory. Of course, corporate greed transformed them slashing the amount of truly paid internships (much less those paid a comfortable, livable wage), and essentially turning them into minimal/non-paid slavery with some vague promise of having a "foot in the door maybe it will be a job eventually". The same could happen here to apprenticeships if we didn't create strong rules for them,

Fixing 40-ish years of expanding corporate power and diminished workers rights is a huge part of the issue to begin with.

Jordan Cooper
Jordan Cooper

LOL.Why the hell would they do that? They need a 3rd yacht, a $100k car and a $5mil mansion.

Josiah Nguyen
Josiah Nguyen

trading botbux for cashless economy/giving up more privacy
Would you do this Jow Forums? Looking for NEET and wannabe NEET opinions here.

Ryder Garcia
Ryder Garcia

Any factory worker is going to have plenty of money left over at the end of the month.
Hopefully. The only reason they're like this is because of economic growth - There's room for expansion in production, which drives profits up, and if there's not enough people to make goods, then wages are kept reasonably high to attract people to your factory since there's money in it. Standard economics. But there's a case where profitability goes down and wages are pushed down as workers are in excess. to go back to the theme of the thread - Automation of large numbers of employment positions all at once.

Aaron Watson
Aaron Watson

Already posted this, answer is no. Prices will NEVER go down, only up.

Julian Miller
Julian Miller

No, because nothing will have value in a cashless society.

Chase Cruz
Chase Cruz

Prices will go down, fool. Just not enough. Assuming some level of competition, and there will be. Automation of labour reduces the entry cost for businesses to enter the market and start selling the same service or product.
Although there's anti-competitive monopoly shit they could do, there's not much you can really do to prevent competitors releasing cheaper self driving truck services except by legislating that self driving trucks have massive legal requirements before they're road legal.

Jaxon Perry
Jaxon Perry

It's possible yes, but also possible no. I think it depends on the company.

In extremely basic terms, it basically goes like this: Expenses go down while revenues stay the same or go up --> profit margin is increased which increases retained earnings and investments --> dividend payouts go up making shareholders more money (those shareholders can be you). Additionally stock prices potentially go up as investor faith is bolstered increasing the gains of shareholders and cycling more money through the economy, causing a net benefit.

It could also go the other way if companies decide to just sit on the cash or payout internal executives instead, but again, this will be up to the company. Not every company is equally smart.

Jordan Cox
Jordan Cox

Yeah, workers right are definitely fucked in Murica, and still manage to decline but changing that sounds far harder than UBI or even introducing normal health care. It's a fucking dry topic and tricky to boil down to sexy soundbites.

I guess with a large enough UBI, it could be one of the things where the market unironically works out. Once the workers have the choice not to bother with a company, the employer would be forced to create initiatives.

Thomas Perez
Thomas Perez

I like the current incentive system; "Work or don't eat"

Dominic Butler
Dominic Butler

Yikes, I forgot you were talking about commodity goods and kind of went on a tangent there...

But in any case, in actual economic terms, there will be a new equilibrium point created for what the consumers (us) are willing to pay and what the suppliers (them) are willing to charge. Automation will cut their expenses, but they have no reason to lower their prices automatically if we the consumers don't respond in kind and demanding those same goods be sold cheaper.

One of those things that you would just kind of have to see in real time to see what happens.

Ryder Bell
Ryder Bell

Things become cheaper because they're cutting corners.

Elijah Martin
Elijah Martin

introducing normal health care
health insurance shouldn't exist. There's no reason for a single bag of IV drip to cost $10k. Or anti-biotics to cost $50 per pill. "normal healthcare" would be the government shoving it's fat cock up Big Pharma's ass and getting prices down across the board. You should be able to pay a doctor and for medicine out of pocket without taking out a 2nd mortgage.

Dominic Barnes
Dominic Barnes

yang gang

Jonathan Carter
Jonathan Carter

Well, it's great if you're an employer. Not so great if you aren't one of the few employees who can walk in and demand whatever they want. And since this applies to most ... maybe it's not so great overall.

AFAIK, a lot of the cost isn't even driven by insurance directly but the bureaucracy related to it. We got private insurance in Euroland too but there is far less paperwork involved (and we generally love that shit). Though I guess, EU not being totally on the knees begging Big Pharma for a cumshot does help too.

Lucas Wood
Lucas Wood

t. corporate cocksleeve

Ian Brown
Ian Brown

Meant for

Daniel Jenkins
Daniel Jenkins

Lol, I was about to reply.

Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones

I mean there are "store brands" of pretty much every single major drug out there. Why isn't the government using our (United States here) tax dollars to fund a federal based knock off drug type deal for hospitals and doctors. Give the people a choice. Want name brand Aleve? It'll cost you. It would make direct competition to big pharma would have to adapt to lower pricing, or die. Medical breakthroughs and research is expensive yes, and doctors should be paid well for their expertise, but I had a buddy get slapped with a $49k bill because he had to go to the hospital with his hand absolutely mutilated. He go nothing but 2 nurses, a cast, and some painkillers + 1 night stay in a room. Shit's nuts.

Aiden Wood
Aiden Wood

$49k bill
Shit, that's more than my student loans. If that happened to me I'd never pay it off

Jeremiah Lewis
Jeremiah Lewis

$49k bill
Holy fucking kek. Would've been cheaper to take two week holiday to Spain, get it treated and fuck some qt prostitutes while he's recovering.

Angel White
Angel White

Yes but UBI is brainlet tier, debate me.

Joshua Robinson
Joshua Robinson

UBI is better than welfare or any make-work scheme.

Ryder Lopez
Ryder Lopez

youtube.com/watch?v=i9PR7-u3Z0c
btfo

Cameron Evans
Cameron Evans

UBI can only work if all other social programs are eliminated. Plus the math doesn't work - 1k a month for 270M people. There is no way Congress will pass this shit and you know it.

Liam Smith
Liam Smith

a one night stay in an ER room in the US is anywhere from $15k a night to $25k. His was $21k for the room, $16k or so for the nurses (because they're being taken away from others they could be helping, costing the hospital money), and the rest was for a single bottle of moderate pain killers and a cast.

Hand was crushed between 2 large fucking stones so his knuckles and fingers were all sorts of fucked. I've had co-workers dislocate their shoulders and just shove them back into place/wrap duct tape around their torso to keep it in rather than go to the hospital.

the kicker here? My buddy has fantastic insurance. But because it was an unannounced hospital visit, the insurance doesn't cover him.

Jackson Gonzalez
Jackson Gonzalez

They could very easily by expanding social security.

Alexander Smith
Alexander Smith

it's like $3.3 Trillion or something nuts. It would require cutting all other forms of government aid AND possibly cutting some of our military spending (God Forbid).

Michael Clark
Michael Clark

Attached: 1533213993223.png (75 KB, 1114x894)

Angel Martinez
Angel Martinez

$21k for the room
So almost the price of a royal suite in Dubai, nice.

But because it was an unannounced hospital visit, the insurance doesn't cover him.
That's some otherwordly level of Jewery. Jesus fuck.

Most of it would flow right into the economy, so just taking the cost is misleading.

Jordan Sanders
Jordan Sanders

It is supposed to replace a large variety of social programs basically streamlining the whole thing and cutting down bureaucracy.

Parker Moore
Parker Moore

sounds good in practice, but I feel some politician's heads will have to roll in the streets to dissuade them from doing underhanded deals with greedy corps.
That's some otherwordly level of Jewery. Jesus fuck.
He called his insurance that day and threatened to remove all of his 250+ employees and go to their competition if the problem wasn't handled as he had never in his entire life of paying them had to actually use emergency services or major surgeries. Within 2 days the almost $50k was paid and his insurance company said it was a "misunderstanding".

Thomas Lee
Thomas Lee

OP here, holy shit this thread blew up.

Attached: ren14.jpg (135 KB, 1918x1079)

Connor Williams
Connor Williams

we cracked the code user. Everyone will pay into the same pot, we'll all get $1k a month no gimmicks, and Gentoo based machines are all this new society is allowed to have. Source code will be hosted in a federal cloud with P2P backups across home brew mesh-nets.

Owen Sanders
Owen Sanders

Post some publications, you sperg redditor. There's only so much you can do with computer vision and pretrained models.

Brody Collins
Brody Collins

Wow, 3.3 trillion! That's like 2% or less of the 120-200 trillion they already promised to spend on various programs but didn't spend or finance... programs that then SOMEHOW don't work properly or at all.

I'm again postulating that this is the (insufficient but to some voters probably impressive-sounding) bullshit they're pulling as a stalling tactic in an attempt to cheat their way around spending the other sum.

Parker Rodriguez
Parker Rodriguez

so did the farmhands when the industrial revolution happened
if we got butthurt about some feefees being hurt every time major tech-ups came around wed still be in caves

Julian Bennett
Julian Bennett

You don't need to get "butthurt" or stop productivity increases, you need to tax and help out with medical expenses, education and yes also unemployment benefits (but best would be to try and help a good fraction of them train and attempt to do SOMETHING else with some actual budget behind it).

Evan Nguyen
Evan Nguyen

I've had co-workers dislocate their shoulders and just shove them back into place/wrap duct tape around their torso

They would be doing the same thing at hospitals, more or less.

Henry Miller
Henry Miller

We already have this. [Redacted] has already solved the lawyer problem.

Charles Smith
Charles Smith

Programing is, to put it as simply as possible, not something for people that do not enjoy it.
If I had to describe the process of writing code, it would be the closest thing to a real world version of Sisyphus and his boulder, it's arduous, mentally straining and difficult to get into if you don't already have a decent understanding of computers.

Jayden Perez
Jayden Perez

mad he doesn't have a machine learning PhD from Stanford

Cooper Stewart
Cooper Stewart

you cant turn track drivers into pajeets
The truth is that we are approaching an era in which base wages should become an option.
Most jobs anyway, it's getting to the office and doing nothing.
This is an irrational waste of workeforce

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit