If my internet speed is 100mb download, why is my fastest possible downloading speed 12mb/ sec?

If my internet speed is 100mb download, why is my fastest possible downloading speed 12mb/ sec?

Attached: 1536946416200.jpg (422x566, 158K)

>Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
fuck off

Because you're probably retarded and don't know the difference between bits and bytes

l2count

I do. That doesn't answer my question.

My internet is 100mb/sec

When I download, the fastest speed I've seen is 12mb/sec

>When I download, the fastest speed I've seen is 12 MB/sec
fixed that for you

Why does that matter if you knew what I meant?

using wifi or some shit tier download host

Because while I do, you don't.

Fuck you faggots. Nobody answered if they actually knew, they'd rather sit and greentext.

Why even post then? Long day for you, probably stood in all night.

If my car top speed is 120mph, why can't I get to my work, which is 15 miles away, in 7.5 minutes?

Somebody already gave you the answer and you insisted you would know about that, when you clearly don't.
Nobody here wants to be your tech support. Much less so when you act like a pompous retard about it.

low quality bait

Brainlets don't belong here. You're not welcome. We're not your tech support board. You're probably dumber than the dumb cow-titted bitch you've posted in the OP, because the answer has already been spelled out to you and you're still sperging out because you didn't understand it. So fuck off you dumb nigger.

Back to /sqt/

>why can't I understand the difference between miles and yards?

100/8 = 12.5
pretty logical

I'm answering this because this thread is a fucking joke.

100 MegaBITS roughly equals 12.5 MegaBYTES. You're welcome, bitch.

>My internet is 100mb/sec
no it isn't, it's 100MB/sec

>That doesn't answer my question.
but it does answer your question

Hope you learned something today, retard.

So you have gigabit internet? Because that's how your ISP would advertise it. You don't brainlet.

Attached: images[1].jpg (225x225, 9K)

Network speed are measured in Mb (MegaBITS), and your download speed is MB (MegaBYTES). This is because there are 8 bits in a byte, so 100 / 8 = 12.5

>If my internet speed is 100mbps download, why is my fastest possible downloading speed 12MB/ sec?
Cause you're a moron.

>If my internet speed is a Gigabit download, why is my fastest possible downloading speed 100,000KiB/ sec

This should be Jow Forums's welcome message to everyone coming here for the first time.

You already did the math yourself idiot.

Because there are 8 tits in one bite.

Attached: 1537297759189.jpg (500x700, 148K)

desu using megabits to advertise connection speeds is pretty dishonest

GTFo retard

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-130210.png (1738x2048, 681K)

Quality bait

because of aggregation, you aren't only one on the network.

Everyone advertises in megabits so it's not really dishonest. Normies only care about relative speed (I'm gonna get a connection 4x faster than my old one), they can't comprehend absolute speed anyway as you can see from the OP.

gnn mchls

GNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLSGNNMCHLS

Attached: c6665787-ca4e-4cd4-af95-2f3dc11153e8.jpg (405x583, 25K)

NGGR LV

Attached: Sandra-Lawson.jpg (880x580, 344K)

/Thread

THS G NGG
THRD NVR NDS

100 MegaBYTES per second? No way.
OP has a 100 megabits per second connection but sees something like steam reporting a 12 megaBYTE per second download speed
>8 bits = 1 byte
>Mb = megabit
>MB = megabyte
>Therefore 100 Mb = 12.5 MB, which is why he sees 12

you're welcome
t. Alberto Barbosa, I mean rmbrdded devices driver software engineer