/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Lucas Thompson
Lucas Thompson

Welcome to /fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread.

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about Windows and share their experiences.

This is NOT Windows vs any other OS thread.
*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly Windows Thread ***

Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips and tricks that make your life with Windows (more) bearable (or even pleasant).

Choosing, downloading, installing, activating windows / office
rentry.co/fwt

LTSC 2019 ISO optimization & debloating
rentry.co/ltsc_optimize

recommended windows software (infograph)
s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1562/46/1562467997749.png

Last thread: jowforums.com/thread/71851490/technology

Attached: fwt.png (111 KB, 4535x3679)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/snowie2000/mactype?
getblackbird.net/
rentry.co/fwt#debloating-and-debotnetting
mega.nz/#F!rUkiGapC!HkzkUIEjkqmUkSyqVeFsbQ
github.com/userdocs/LFTP4WIN
winscp.net/
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49117
blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/
community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/4378-windows-10-decrapifier-18xx-19xx
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions/Windows_Prerequisites
rentry.co/fwt
rentry.co/ltsc_optimize
rentry.co/ltsc_optimize)
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/kmsclientkeys
youtube.com/watch?v=o4oiQVX3hMc
kernel.org
tenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/232630d1556984677-enable-disable-floating-immersive-search-bar-windows-10-a-disable_floating_immersive_search_bar.reg
blog.acolyer.org/2016/04/26/the-linux-scheduler-a-decade-of-wasted-cores/
tb.rg-adguard.net
board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=54725
rentry.co/fwt#activating-windows
rentry.co/ltsc_optimize#2-optimizing-tweaking-and-debloating-the-updated-iso-image-new-method
fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1903.frag
s.put.re/JbN265Lq.0.zip
av-comparatives.org
wacom.eu/index4.asp?pid=29&list=all,
bjango.com/mac/istatmenus/

William Clark
William Clark

[Switching back to windows and] I've been using total commander recently, but I don't like the keybindings. Is there anything vim based or similar to ranger?

Vifm doesn't do it for me.

Attached: total-commander-screenshot-01.png (52 KB, 1034x810)

Luke Reed
Luke Reed

Wintoddlers deserve no kindness.

Evan Barnes
Evan Barnes

Aren't you and your subhuman family meant to be dying in an violent ethnic cleansing somewhere?

Alexander Edwards
Alexander Edwards

How the fuck can I trust any of these Windows torrents or downloads floating around Jow Forums to not fuck my system?

Blake Brooks
Blake Brooks

verify hashes to known hash collections like ones on various subdomains of rg-adguard.net
tools provided are either digitally signed by microsoft or others, or opensource

Leo Robinson
Leo Robinson

I get a file size mismatch trying to use the sfv extractor in the OP using the iso and sfv from that cloud.mail.ru link in the OP

Attached: 5.png (24 KB, 456x449)

Austin Sanchez
Austin Sanchez

What do you use to get good font rendering on low DPI screens? Cab I trust github.com/snowie2000/mactype?

Landon Lewis
Landon Lewis

Well it's probably not a virus if that's what you're worried about. Just install it and see if it fits your needs

Dominic Thompson
Dominic Thompson

How to disable popup menu when trying to change language with Alt+Shift?

Aaron Young
Aaron Young

FarManager

Attached: ctrll.png (129 KB, 950x673)

Jacob Anderson
Jacob Anderson

what kind of size mismatch? are you referring to mismatch between the upper and lower ones? thats normal, that's the whole point

Bentley Gutierrez
Bentley Gutierrez

I mean an error popup when I click "Extract"

Nicholas Ramirez
Nicholas Ramirez

that's interesting, ensure you have the correct source iso? maybe corrupt download or something?

Levi Hernandez
Levi Hernandez

Why are you extracting sfv in first place? Just burn the iso to DVD or copy it over to USB using Rufus

Caleb Williams
Caleb Williams

Sometimes when i boot up my computer it starts windows and it is in 1280 x 720

Ian Peterson
Ian Peterson

and stays like that until i open display settings

Leo Martin
Leo Martin

Well the hashes are fine. So I dunno.
Well from what I can gather from the folder/file names the svf turns a consumer Windows iso to a business iso which I assumed is Enterprise. I thought extracting svfs to update or change a windows installation iso was a normal thing according to the OP link.
I've never done this before I was just following what the OP said.

Ayden Wood
Ayden Wood

How to debotnet and debloat Windows?

Jaxon Carter
Jaxon Carter

getblackbird.net/

Elijah Wright
Elijah Wright

rentry.co/fwt#debloating-and-debotnetting

Isaac Howard
Isaac Howard

Is MCSA for Windows Server 2016 a good start to get into Windows Sysadmin stuff ?
Are there any other things I should look into in terms of certs ?

Ayden Ortiz
Ayden Ortiz

Well from what I can gather from the folder/file names the svf turns a consumer Windows iso to a business iso which I assumed is Enterprise. I thought extracting svfs to update or change a windows installation iso was a normal thing according to the OP link.
I've never done this before I was just following what the OP said.
yes that's correct
if the source file hash matches it should all be fine though, changing the file size changes the hash

Joshua Taylor
Joshua Taylor

that closed source soft

Hunter Cruz
Hunter Cruz

use these theyre already extracted mega.nz/#F!rUkiGapC!HkzkUIEjkqmUkSyqVeFsbQ

I just used the uk one and the sha1 of the generated iso matches

Isaac Lewis
Isaac Lewis

no, those are just self-extracting. they are 7zip self extracting archives containing a .svf and a copy of smartversion program that does exactly the same.
anyways, those are ltsc 2019

Ian Howard
Ian Howard

What, like Windows itself? Dickhead.

Jose Kelly
Jose Kelly

OP here, the reason for not linking to sfx ones is because they aren't verifiable. svfx can be downloaded from semi-trustable sources and svm is digitally signed (but harder to use), and svfs cannot be harmful, only their endproduct which in turn can be verified by hash to be original microsoft isos. the guide was made with both beginners and paranoids in mind. practically everything is either open-source, verifiable by hash or digitally signed.

Ryan Evans
Ryan Evans

I appreciate the links but I was intending to use normal Enterprise
Well one thing I could point out is that after clicking extract it creates the output file, it's just 0 bytes. Maybe for some reason it tries to verify the destination iso before it even extracts anything and that's why I get file size mismatch. A bug?
But I guess it doesn't matter, I googled the destination iso filename and got a torrent from some shady site, but as long as the hash is the same I should be fine.

Nicholas Collins
Nicholas Collins

This is prob the wrong place to ask, sorry if it is, but I'm looking for a cheap windows pc, pretty much the raspberry pi of windows pc, i plan on using it for botting on runescape if you wondering

Brandon Nelson
Brandon Nelson

just buy a VPS

Christian Ross
Christian Ross

I gave it a quick go but I don't see how this is too different to TC.

Jose Kelly
Jose Kelly

Well this can work. But you can also try looking for used desktops or laptops just as long as they have the requirements you need. Maybe you can even find someone selling a lot of them real cheap and start your own little bot net

Jaxon Ross
Jaxon Ross

good idea, haven't thought of doing this, but i kinda don't want botting to be on my main/only pc

huh, i knew you could do this but i was hoping there was a company selling the "raspberry pi of windows".

thanks for the help btw

Luis Cruz
Luis Cruz

good idea, haven't thought of doing this, but i kinda don't want botting to be on my main/only pc
huh? I think you mixed up VPN with VPS
a VPS aka Virtual Private Server is having a VM on someone else's server.

Lucas Price
Lucas Price

If space isn't an issue you can prob find some boomer selling his old vista/xp desktop for 20 dollars in some yardsale or Craigslist

Joshua James
Joshua James

ye i did get mixed up, my bad

Samuel Brown
Samuel Brown

the problem is with svfx being outdated, smv works just fine with the svfs

Attached: powershell-Dn8q7VDKYo.png (67 KB, 1761x889)

Oliver Thomas
Oliver Thomas

(Me)
sum of the result

Attached: 7zG-KU2IH8Y7Rr.png (19 KB, 914x711)

Alexander Wright
Alexander Wright

It worked, someone tell OP to update his site

Logan Richardson
Logan Richardson

Do not use 2019 products, since some upped the DRM and botnet, making AMTemu no longer work.
Sorry for the spoonfeeding request but is 2018 fine? I ain't even sure to be honest, haven't used this shit since CS5.

Andrew Morris
Andrew Morris

yes, all 2018 ones are fine afaik.
even some 2019 ones, its just really random and who knows which update will break them

Eli Wilson
Eli Wilson

I'll just take the latest subversion for each previous version (so latest Photoshop 19 instead of 20) and check if it works.

Gavin Cooper
Gavin Cooper

tried to install the 1903, keep getting error messages at the end, i'm so pissed

Attached: 1507598040025.png (51 KB, 657x527)

Chase Thompson
Chase Thompson

Maybe if you'd tell us what the error message was...

Alexander Gonzalez
Alexander Gonzalez

Mactype doesn't work with uwp app and can break your system. Also it makes the fonts fucking blurry, it is far as good as freetype2 or macOS font rendering. I mean cleartype is supposed to be the best font rendering so why bother?

Charles Walker
Charles Walker

Hey guys, is there a guide that teaches quick and easy how to compile Firefox on Windows?
It's one of those things I always wanted to try, but like, I don't even know where to start or how.

Last time I looked up videos on youtube, there were like 2 results, one was a fairly recent video that was like 4hs long, and the other one was a video from like 6 years ago.

Connor Ramirez
Connor Ramirez

Does anyone have suggestions for good, free, open source FTP software?

Ryder Johnson
Ryder Johnson

client or server?

Dominic Cruz
Dominic Cruz

github.com/userdocs/LFTP4WIN
winscp.net/

Brody Peterson
Brody Peterson

I can get legit Office thanks to my uni but it installs the complete package and I just want powerpoint, word and excel. Any way to make a custom install? I can't customize anything from the downlaod page.

Attached: Cattura.png (42 KB, 433x581)

Xavier Kelly
Xavier Kelly

Use Office Deployment Tool: microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49117

Xavier Collins
Xavier Collins

Run it through something like ntlite beforehand.

Grayson Long
Grayson Long

Does anyone know if the OS requirements for Windows Store games are actually there? For example, Forza Horizon 4 supposedly requires 1709, but has anyone got it to work on, let's say, LTSB 1607?

Jacob Clark
Jacob Clark

use the tool in OP paste, but dont convert to volume or activate. not sure if wotok has option for it, but for officertool you just simply dont do those, only the install step

Charles Mitchell
Charles Mitchell

hey lads, I got a favor to ask of anyone who wants to
when debloating windows 7, one of the steps is to tweak services, it would be nice and convenient if someone wrote a script to do this automatically, so that you don't have to go through it every time you install win7
blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/
preferably one for safe and one for tweaked
can any of you do this? pretty sure it might be possible by just a reg file

Charles Carter
Charles Carter

Microsoft Store games are fucky with that, I would not be surprised if that was the case. For instance Horizon 4 doesn't even work with AMD drivers that are just about a year old (tested it myself a few months ago) and yet newer releases that come out today do just fine. That along PC pass not working on 1809 (including LTSC) would probably confirm that at least they won't support older stuff.

Robert Diaz
Robert Diaz

updated paste, thanks

Matthew Powell
Matthew Powell

I've already installed it.

Blake Diaz
Blake Diaz

I've already installed it.
For already installed system you can use this:

community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/4378-windows-10-decrapifier-18xx-19xx

Jonathan Gonzalez
Jonathan Gonzalez

How do I need ECC memory to use ReFS or not?

Nathan Brooks
Nathan Brooks

If you are going to spend so much time optimizing a Windows build, just use Linux. The whole idea of windows is that you don't need to spend so much time worrying about optimizing. Still great resources.

Camden Jenkins
Camden Jenkins

If you are going to spend so much time optimizing a Windows build, just use Linux. The whole idea of windows is that you don't need to spend so much time worrying about optimizing. Still great resources.
Well, not really, the difference is that you optimize Windows image only once and it will run for years in every circumstance without headaches, while the GNU/Linux distributions have to be maintained all the time depending on usage cases and circumstances.

Parker Miller
Parker Miller

If I installed Windows/NT and GNU/Linux on (U)EFI then there won't be any worries of updates of these OSs messing each other's bootup innit?

Xavier Ramirez
Xavier Ramirez

If I installed Windows/NT and GNU/Linux on (U)EFI then there won't be any worries of updates of these OSs messing each other's bootup innit?
Depends if its Enterprise LTSC or regular Windows 10, because regular SKUs receive feature updates which act as OS reinstall and they might mess up the bootloader, LTSC should be alright.

Angel Baker
Angel Baker

Hey guys, is there a guide that teaches quick and easy how to compile Firefox on Windows?
Bump.

Aiden Hill
Aiden Hill

Erase it

Blake Ward
Blake Ward

How long has this general been a thing? Don't ever recall me stumbling into this on the catalog. Then again, been a while since I've been on Jow Forums, let alone my main boards.

Anyways, I'm running 8.1 It's been great for me since 2013? I re-installed it about 2 years ago, just to move it to my SSD, and it's been lightning, lightning fast. I see no reason to move to Windows 10.

But, is there? I've heard it's currently free to download and install, so just wondering.

Attached: 1541734865963.jpg (36 KB, 640x479)

Carter Smith
Carter Smith

there have been occasional ones every once in a while

Samuel Williams
Samuel Williams

Is chocolatey just a meme or actually worth using?

Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin

the official compilation guide?

Christian Brown
Christian Brown

some security advancements, from last thread:
device guard/credential guard/HVCI, WHQL-only or EV signed drivers only (if no device drivers need worse), windows sandbox.

Jose Sullivan
Jose Sullivan

I keep getting this error when using optimize-offline. I've used it before no problem with ISOs before. Anyone know what to do?

Attached: Capture.png (30 KB, 1097x632)

Brandon Murphy
Brandon Murphy

my guess would be too long path

Gabriel Jones
Gabriel Jones

Try to move Optimize-Offline folder to a shorter path, like: C:\Optimize-Offline\

Juan Ross
Juan Ross

what said plus install linux second.
Also i'd recommend making a rescue pendrive with grub installed just in case something ever goes wrong. If it does, reinstalling grub on the drive will solve it

Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell

Oh, there's actually one.
Oof, I never noticed. Thanks user.

Gonna leave it here in case anyone else is interested.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions/Windows_Prerequisites

Ryder Torres
Ryder Torres

client or server?
Client.

WinSCP
That's what I'm using now, for some reason I keep getting that connection buffer error every now and then. I tried disabling the optimize cache buffer or whatever it says to disable, but that didn't seem to work. I never had this issue before latest update. I really like WinSCP but this is annoying.

Also it says when it pops up with that issue, it says if you abort that it will completely abort the connection.. but when I click abort it just reconnects and continues happily. Then about 5-10min later or less it pops up again. The issue is I can't do unattended transfers, which is a pain in the ass with large files.

Tyler Morgan
Tyler Morgan

interesting, never had problem with winscp.
try Filezilla, but be careful with the installer, despite being free software they installed adware before if you didnt uncheck some shitty checkbox.

Dominic Ortiz
Dominic Ortiz

On 8.1 too. I bought a laptop a while ago with Win 10 on it which I immediately switched to Mint. I went back just to see how it was since it's been years, and I have to say it's not that bad. Obviously you have to make some concessions, but I think I can give in.

I switched for free when it first came out, and I have the laptop's digital license which is in use. I was wondering if I could just switch my main over and it'll be activated legitimately. I might do it.

Asher Bailey
Asher Bailey

Not gonna lie - I really miss Vista. Vista Ultimate, to be exact.

Christian Howard
Christian Howard

rentry.co/fwt
Totally not paid by Microsoft

Nice to see Microsoft wants the success of /fglt/

Attached: how-do-you-do-fellow-kids.jpg (220 KB, 1400x1050)

John Gray
John Gray

I know everyone was buttblasted when windows 8 came out but I don't see the point in a traditional desktop.

Wouldn't mind having the start menu in place of it

Oliver Perry
Oliver Perry

Really strange.
Freetards assume everyone is autistic (just like them).
Freetards assume everyone is brain-damaged (just like them).
Freetards assume everyone is useless (just like them).
Freetards assume everyone is just a parasitic drain on society, are hated by the opposite sex, and are just some stinking, basement-dwelling NEET with no life (just like them).
Yet they can't make the leap that some vaguely helpful thread on Jow Forums isn't actually paid for by a real company (just like them).

Anybody wanna hazard a guess on this one?

Attached: 1505964793464.jpg (252 KB, 1024x768)

Jordan Sanchez
Jordan Sanchez

Is it just me or is it common for Win10's file explorer to slow down immensely after browsing inside a zip? It takes at least 5 seconds for it to view any zipped folder's contents and then for whatever reason that slowdown is still there for that entire session of explorer, and it will take at least 5 seconds to view any folder's contents. If I open a new file explorer window it's fine, and I just replaced it with 7Zip as default, but it's annoying that it doesn't just work.

Hunter Jenkins
Hunter Jenkins

that's one of the reasons I use total commander. just wish it had better integration like directory opus does

Eli Green
Eli Green

I guess I've solved it since I'll only be using 7Zip for zips and it works better anyways, but it's a weird issue to have with something as basic as zips. I bet reinstalling would help, but that's too much effort.

Adrian Morgan
Adrian Morgan

Only blacks and subhumans use windows.

Ayden Nelson
Ayden Nelson

Your projecting is shameful, you damn dirty ape.

Easton Price
Easton Price

Programs like this are my favorite part about windwos

Jordan Lewis
Jordan Lewis

Does anyone know a slim GUI library for windows that's basically the same as MFC but not virtuals on top of virtuals but static polymorphism like how it's supposed to be?

Zachary Collins
Zachary Collins

bump

Grayson Scott
Grayson Scott

Only blacks and subhumans use windows.
Or just people who want to use their computers for something more than just writing thousands of commands in linux terminal

Brayden Jenkins
Brayden Jenkins

I reinstalled yesterday but I can't stand all the bloatware so I'm going to make a custom ltsc, wish me luck

Jordan Cox
Jordan Cox

being lazy AND stupid
Yeah you guys are niggers alright.

Elijah Lewis
Elijah Lewis

being this assburger and having no life
Yeah, not everyone is a NEET basement dweller that can spend 10 hours a day ricing Arch and shitposting about it on Jow Forums, some of us have jobs and real lives.

Joseph Wilson
Joseph Wilson

Just finished setting up LTSC
first time windows user
how do i make powershell show all system components info temps and so ?

Camden Scott
Camden Scott

Chocolatey yay or nay?

Grayson Gonzalez
Grayson Gonzalez

use HWiNFO or Open Hardware Monitor, iirc those are recommended in the inforgraph too

Jayden Clark
Jayden Clark

why would i use some third party shit
cant powershell do that?

Jaxson Jenkins
Jaxson Jenkins

Is it true I should be disabling fast boot on SSD? Anything else to do to prevent excessive writes?

Jordan Johnson
Jordan Johnson

Try typing: msinfo32 into either cmd or powershell

Chase Garcia
Chase Garcia

doesn't really matter. fastboot only hibernates the kernel, compressed. not that 100 MB or so will be the reason for your SSD running out of cycles.

powershell can do literally anything. it can load and run any CLR images, and call natives using DllImport. This means it can do absolutely anything that any other program can do.

Carson Young
Carson Young

so how do i make it do

Sebastian Rodriguez
Sebastian Rodriguez

what do you want to do / know? what component's which property you want to script? there are multiple ways of accessing all of them, the most powershell-y would be a WMI query, but .NET would probably work too. Or native since both of these end up in some native call anyways.

Benjamin Thomas
Benjamin Thomas

should I drop kms in my iso? any side effect?

Samuel Jackson
Samuel Jackson

does daz loader still work for 10?

Gavin Wright
Gavin Wright

dropping as in $oem$ for autoinstall or just next to it? anyways, both is fine

Elijah Morgan
Elijah Morgan

Is there any reason I should not be using LTSB Windows 10 distro? Series replies only

Attached: remember.jpg (29 KB, 500x621)

Elijah King
Elijah King

no. and it has always been a bad way. see OP paste for some explaining on what do the activators do.

Owen Taylor
Owen Taylor

c'mon we're trying to be WINfriendly here!

Attached: lost-to-the-zone.jpg (166 KB, 600x400)

Samuel Taylor
Samuel Taylor

yep $oem$ in sources for autoinstall, should I do it after the .iso optimization?

Julian Walker
Julian Walker

in theory it shouldn't matter, but you're probably better off doing it as last step

Oliver Nguyen
Oliver Nguyen

Literally none. They offer everything home/pro has and have extras like enterprise grade management tools and not being a betatest drive for updates.

Dominic Cook
Dominic Cook

Yes, you can integrate the KMS_VL_ALL with Optimize-Offline script if you want and your Windows installation will automatically activate.
Actually you can do a lot more than that with SetupComplete.cmd, you can put many programs with silent switches to install with Windows together, it's very nice and handy.

t. author of the LTSC 2019 Offline Optimization Guide, i might add a short tip how to do that.

Matthew Adams
Matthew Adams

for a new install, LTSC is simply newer, so the usual that comes with it.
if you're already on LTSB theres not much reason to update yet unless you really want new features or security improvements

Thomas Peterson
Thomas Peterson

ok thank you
i might add a short tip how to do that
that would be nice

Adam Martinez
Adam Martinez

Why is Win10 cmd promp such a pile of dogshit? Like if you use it for something that gives a continuous output it will sometimes just "lag" and then you have to switch to it and push enter a bunch of times before it updates. Powershell seems like dogshit and network tools in WSL bash doesn't work. My primary need for console is network diagnostics and it's just painful at the moment. Bash would be first prize but I need Windows for some apps we run and I don't like the idea of a VM just for bash. My PC struggles enough as is.

Nicholas Cook
Nicholas Cook

because windows from the beginning never really had concept of virtual terminals since it was always made primarily for gui, therefore it's implementation is also quite bad. They are trying to change that with the new terminal though.

Christian Gomez
Christian Gomez

What I don't understand is how win7 cmd worked better than win10 cmd...

Robert Foster
Robert Foster

The only answer you need is 'microsoft'. Some of us here have been dealing with this companies antics since before the 90's

Attached: lilzoom.gif (626 KB, 652x562)

Parker Gutierrez
Parker Gutierrez

can i "upgrade" from ltsc to normal windows 10 or do i nee to wipe it and strart fresh?

Owen Adams
Owen Adams

Guide has been updated for this info: rentry.co/ltsc_optimize

Attached: b.gif (90 KB, 294x250)

Evan Fisher
Evan Fisher

thanks user
what's the point of disabling UAC and LUA? isn't that a security hole?

Henry Sanders
Henry Sanders

I'm considering doing a fresh install of Windows 7
is there a guide to get the OS up to date without backported telemetry?

Chase Lewis
Chase Lewis

Simplix update pack.

Asher Rivera
Asher Rivera

I use Win 10 Education since I need it 1903 for Ryzen patches - anyone know how Optimize-Offline works with major build upgrades? I'll have to use it for each new build right?

John Hill
John Hill

what's the point of disabling UAC and LUA? isn't that a security hole?
A lot of older software was coded with Windows XP in mind (back when almost everyone had Administrator account as default) and it simply doesn't work at all or doesn't work properly with UAC being enabled on Windows Vista and above.
Hell, not just the old software is affected by this - even some of the new software is coded with the same old principles and it won't work properly with UAC being enabled in the OS.
The normies should not disable UAC because it can be additional layer of protection for them, however if you know exactly what you're doing and you know exactly what you execute then you should disable it as a poweruser.

tl;dr: disabling UAC increases compatibility with older software and allows unsigned binaries (cracks, patchers) to modify Windows Registry.
Disabling it is recommended for powerusers, not recommended for normies.

Luke Gray
Luke Gray

what are the advanteges of scoop over chocolatey?

Attached: 1388268806795505959.jpg (158 KB, 898x1024)

Benjamin Cooper
Benjamin Cooper

the first entry should be left selected?

Attached: asdasd.png (54 KB, 805x200)

Kayden Garcia
Kayden Garcia

Only if you want to remove the FilePicker app (not recommended):

Four System Applications use a GUID namespace instead of a package name:

1527c705-839a-4832-9118-54d4Bd6a0c89 = Microsoft.Windows.FilePicker
c5e2524a-ea46-4f67-841f-6a9465d9d515 = Microsoft.Windows.FileExplorer
E2A4F912-2574-4A75-9BB0-0D023378592B = Microsoft.Windows.AppResolverUX
F46D4000-FD22-4DB4-AC8E-4E1DDDE828FE = Microsoft.Windows.AddSuggestedFoldersToLibraryDialog

FileExplorer app can be safely removed (it's not the default Windows Explorer but a hidden UWP version of it), im not 100% sure about the others (didn't test yet), so i don't recommend removing them.

Brandon Ward
Brandon Ward

oh, it's on the github page, thanks.

Colton Smith
Colton Smith

Is the offline imaging guide
(rentry.co/ltsc_optimize)
valid for non-LTSC Enterprise ISOs? I'd like to still get feature updates.

Christian Watson
Christian Watson

It's pretty much the same process except a few minor details, also in the case of a regular, non-LTSC Enterprise SKU you have to remove A LOT more Windows Apps, im too lazy to list all of them right now, there are like 50 of them or so.

John Taylor
John Taylor

Also, for a 1903 Enterprise you have to integrate the 1903 updates of course, the updates i listed in my guide are only valid for 1809 (+LTSC).

Brayden Campbell
Brayden Campbell

Scoop is focused on command line stuff (though the extras bucket has a bunch of other stuff too) and installs everything in the user folder
Chocolatey has a much bigger database though so I just use that

Liam Thomas
Liam Thomas

quick q, my friend set up a dedicated vm for me on his server so i could host a game server. wanting to set something up to do a nightly backup of the server folders from the vm on his machine to my machine, not sure whats the best way of going about it. suppose i could do uploads from the vm to the cloud and then mirror it on my pc but would prefer vm direct to my rig if possible. host is windows server 2019, mine is win7.

Liam Howard
Liam Howard

is it supposed to give all these errors?

Attached: Cattura.png (150 KB, 987x1241)

Colton Diaz
Colton Diaz

Does LTSC still get updates relating to hardware support? One of the main reasons I'm opting for non-LTSC is because I'm going to buy a new zen 2 CPU soon and want to make sure windows plays nice with it.

David Wood
David Wood

use ntlite (it has a windows update downloader/integrator that deselects telemetry updates by default)

Caleb Edwards
Caleb Edwards

You could use Syncthing, it's open source and works very well.

Jaxson Perez
Jaxson Perez

Does LTSC still get updates relating to hardware support?
no

Ryder Hughes
Ryder Hughes

my guess would be the path is too long

Colton Allen
Colton Allen

Damn. Looks like I'll be doing some digging on shit to remove from regular enterprise. Though W10 privacy works well for disabling shit like cortana, even if it isn't fully removed.

Liam Richardson
Liam Richardson

is it supposed to give all these errors?
No, there is something very wrong.
make sure you run the Start.cmd as Administrator
make sure your Optimize-Offline folder is in a short path like C:\Optimize-Offline\ (long paths are not supported)
if you added your own registry tweaks to the .ps1 file, make sure they are correct - check the patterns, even a single character mistake will result in errors
if the above ways don't help, try to remove the "-Dedup" parameter from the Start.cmd file - i remember the Dedup integration was buggy in the past and throwing those errors out.

Jonathan Walker
Jonathan Walker

as a starter don't use 7 but POSReady 7 (see OP)
second, if you really want to use 7, use Enterprise and not ultimate (see OP activator part, Ultimate can't be activated by KMS, DAZ doesnt work on UEFI)

Michael Campbell
Michael Campbell

my guide
Oh, there's something I wanted to ask regarding Win10 activation.
When fiddling around with 10, I've been using the following method of activating Enterprise and LTSC that I found on Jow Forums ages ago:
CMD as admin
1. slmgr /ipk <key>
2. slmgr /skms kms.digiboy.ir
3. slmgr /ato
Keys from miscrosoft:
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/kmsclientkeys

I like this method since it's fast and requires no software. Is there a reason to not activate like this?

Carson King
Carson King

it is slower than KMS_VL_ALL and requires network / internet. It also runs on some iranian dudes server, so if that goes down your windows will deactivate

Kayden Powell
Kayden Powell

Yes, this method contacts a third party KMS server to refresh your Windows/Office activation, if the digiboy server goes offline your Windows and Office will both deactivate, i wouldn't trust such external server fully - in my opinion it's way better (and safer, more secure) to activate Windows & Office locally.

Carson Collins
Carson Collins

Ah, fair enough.

Jacob Martinez
Jacob Martinez

I tried a shorter path and using the original .ps1 file but I still get those errors. Could it be the .iso? I'm gonna try to remove -dedup now

Hunter Martinez
Hunter Martinez

indian programming
That's pretty much the reason of any problems you might face using modern windows

Jaxon Edwards
Jaxon Edwards

Wipe it

William Rivera
William Rivera

quick tutorial for new users
youtube.com/watch?v=o4oiQVX3hMc

Anthony Hernandez
Anthony Hernandez

A corrupted .iso could be the reason as well, but i suspect the that the -Dedup is the cause of your errors so try removing it first.

Tyler Green
Tyler Green

nah, indians werent even near when this issue's roots started. the reason for this whole bullshit is the lack of proper virtual terminals. the reason for the slowness is probably them trying to unify all the bullshit systems that try to implement something resembling virtual terminals, adding yet another layer of indirection to an already fairly shit system

Levi Butler
Levi Butler

The LTSC Optimization guide has been updated with a warning about the possibility of the -Dedup parameter breaking the script while optimizing foreign languages (non-english) .iso images.

Lincoln Butler
Lincoln Butler

yep it worked without -dedup, I went with fast compression and didn't get any error

Nolan Collins
Nolan Collins

7zip instead of winRAR
I don't think we can be friends user..

Jeremiah Lopez
Jeremiah Lopez

I don't think we can be friends user..
I am actually using WinRAR personally, but i've recommended 7-Zip in the guide so that the freetards won't complain that im recommend proprietary archive manager.

Sebastian Murphy
Sebastian Murphy

proprietary
but winRAR works on Mac and Linux. buying also isn't required but I agree the prompt is annoying

Matthew Brown
Matthew Brown

proprietary
but winRAR works on Mac and Linux
That's not what proprietary means

Sebastian Baker
Sebastian Baker

Anyone here study for the MCSA Server 2016? How difficult were the exams?

Ethan Foster
Ethan Foster

why does Bill need 140gb? has he finally gone senile?

Attached: why-does-bill-need-130gb.png (14 KB, 750x284)

Owen Jones
Owen Jones

gotta dab on 'em 120gb ssds and virtual machines

Eli Price
Eli Price

Im just finishing my fork of the Optimize-Offline script, it will be called "Optimize-LTSC" - i've debugged the entire script, added more registry tweaks, removed the useless integrations (Dedup, DaRT, Edge, Win32 Calc), updated the SetupComplete function and many more.
Optimize-LTSC will only work with LTSC images.

t. author of the LTSC Optimization Guide

Jaxon Torres
Jaxon Torres

Install Gentoo

Chase Hill
Chase Hill

I don't want to to another reinstall pfff

Dominic Turner
Dominic Turner

is Revo uninstaller still good?

Justin Anderson
Justin Anderson

Yup it's still good, Revo and Geek Uninstaller.

Adrian Campbell
Adrian Campbell

No you don't. You're a lazy nigger.
And my job is worth a hell of lot more than yours, and you can guess what I use during my time.

Nathan Jenkins
Nathan Jenkins

going to re-setup by pc soon with fresh clean 1903
give the mandatory de-bloating tools (that arent shitty spyware themselves) that makes this piece of spyware not totally shitty

Angel Butler
Angel Butler

why not use both?

Robert Rivera
Robert Rivera

nigger
I live in a white-only country, butthurt much freetard?

Kevin Hall
Kevin Hall

How do I download linux?

Jason Bell
Jason Bell

LTSC Optimization Guide has been updated with my own new, improved fork of the Optimize-Offline script:
rentry.co/ltsc_optimize

Cameron Nguyen
Cameron Nguyen

How to create ftp server?

Camden Gray
Camden Gray

Been using Windows forever, now still on LTSB since 2017. Been wanting to do the update since there's a few killer changes in recent versions I like (I have another 10 Pro installation). That fucking opening post man, lots of info I didn't know. Shit like this is why I like this taiwanese anime board.
Pluggin' into LTSC now

Jacob Rodriguez
Jacob Rodriguez

kernel.org
Here you can download linux. Not sure what you could do with only a kernel though.

Christian Sullivan
Christian Sullivan

you're gdeliana aren't you

Nicholas Clark
Nicholas Clark

(me)
*meant Hyperyia
you were in the f-droid thread linked here on Jow Forums iirc

Logan Jones
Logan Jones

How the fuck do I use a download manager with cloud.mail.ru?

Chase Ortiz
Chase Ortiz

okay maybe it wasn't f-droid but some other link here but i really remember that avatar

Cameron Allen
Cameron Allen

just use your browser, download managers have been obsolete for like a decade

David Long
David Long

Best start menu alternative? I used to use start10 but I dunno if there's anything better

Mason Murphy
Mason Murphy

StartIsBack++

Wyatt Fisher
Wyatt Fisher

what does Win7GUI do exactly? I wanted to turn it off but I forgot

Bentley Robinson
Bentley Robinson

Tweaks some of the default Windows 10 GUI elements to change them into Windows 7 Style:
-replaces the new Windows 10 'Toast' Noficiations with classical 'Balloon' Notifications from Windows 7
-replaces the new Windows 10 'Battery Flyout Power Indicator' with classical 'Battery Flyout Power Indicator' from Windows 7
-replaces the new Windows 10 'Volume Control' with classical 'Volume Control' from Windows 7
-enables the small Taskbar
-enables seconds on the Taskbar Clock
-disables the Windows 10 tabletish 'Notification Center'

Matthew Cox
Matthew Cox

I lost my internet on my PC, no other connections showed up, I rebooted my modem and restarted the PC and I had a BSOD "power driver state failure" (windows 10)

Nolan Clark
Nolan Clark

welp time to rebuild then

Zachary Nelson
Zachary Nelson

Well Scoop extra bucket is large now and is much cleaner than Chocolatey (doesn't fuck with registry or escalated privileges)

Ryan Nguyen
Ryan Nguyen

BCUninstaller is way superior and open-source

Jack Evans
Jack Evans

what's the entry to remove to have the regular search interface and not the big one searchbar in center of the screen?

Parker Garcia
Parker Garcia

I've already removed that tweak in my new fork, but if you've used the original Optimize-Offline script and already installed your system you can disable it with this reg file:
tenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/232630d1556984677-enable-disable-floating-immersive-search-bar-windows-10-a-disable_floating_immersive_search_bar.reg

Jayden Watson
Jayden Watson

nevermind it's not on the new optimize thing

Nolan Roberts
Nolan Roberts

white-only country
That uses windows.

Ethan White
Ethan White

Can I use windows 7 with an x570 board/ryzen 3900x, or am I going to have to either bend over and take windows 10 up the ass, or use some form of linux and vm 7?

Ian Parker
Ian Parker

please answer dear kind Sir

Owen Hernandez
Owen Hernandez

Why do you think everyone recommend Win10 LTSC here?

Ryan Clark
Ryan Clark

Is there a good way to check Windows system files from a bootable cd, ideally from a linux distro? I don't trust SFC and DISM to be accurate if a system is infected by particularly clever malware.

Henry Nelson
Henry Nelson

It will work, but the scheduler sucks for the Ryzen architecture and you'll be missing out on other performance and security improvements as well.

David Garcia
David Garcia

tricks that make your life with Windows (more) bearable (or even pleasant)

Replace Windows with Linux.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (20 KB, 251x300)

Wyatt Turner
Wyatt Turner

just made a new iso, perfection

Easton Torres
Easton Torres

Is it possible to create a programming environment on Windows?

Hudson Gomez
Hudson Gomez

Is there any way to go from Windows 7 to POSReady 7 without losing my files and programs? Or will I have to basically do a fresh install of 7? Also, are there any program compatibility issues as far as anyone has noticed?

Isaiah Walker
Isaiah Walker

you need a new install. I only tried in a vm, but Touhou 11 Subterranean Animism works, and it uses xinput / directx so it should be fine for games too (no problems like server editions).

Tyler Bell
Tyler Bell

man, this is sad

Attached: firefox-LWCQCFwlMZ.png (57 KB, 2160x460)

Christian Fisher
Christian Fisher

He made the same thread on nsaneforums, weird

Attached: screen.png (12 KB, 709x148)

Eli Torres
Eli Torres

My X220 Tablet's touch screen driver didn't get automatically installed on Win10 LTSC. Lenovo's website doesn't have drivers for win 10 either. How do I get touch screen, and usb's to work, if they're not being recognized in Device Manager?

Attached: DzNcy2uU8AMHlHE.jpg (130 KB, 1200x901)

Carson Morris
Carson Morris

try searching it in the update catalog

Chase Green
Chase Green

Bump

Gabriel Jenkins
Gabriel Jenkins

whats a good alarm clock program that wont spy on you? something like alarmhq or the like looks pretty swag until you read their (((privacy policy)))

Attached: 1512332380127.png (362 KB, 536x622)

Nathaniel Price
Nathaniel Price

Attached: 1562776014190.png (45 KB, 778x512)

Sebastian Jackson
Sebastian Jackson

i dont see the reason what connection these two could have.

Blake Scott
Blake Scott

Update catalog?

Joseph Thompson
Joseph Thompson

Why are you concerned about spying using windows????

Benjamin Gray
Benjamin Gray

not using sqt to nuke spyware components of windows.
you gave one guy information so just give it to everyone for free
pick one.

Andrew Cruz
Andrew Cruz

ZFS file system recommends ECC memory for file integrity.
I thought ReFS was similar.

Liam Allen
Liam Allen

Are those "performance and security improvements" in LTSC as well? Since these CPUs are out long after LTSC 2019, which doesn't get hardware support updates.

Cameron Nelson
Cameron Nelson

Everyone I've ever met that shills linux everywhere has been very bitter and unhappy. I can't imagine it being bearable or pleasant.

Isaac Martin
Isaac Martin

Is there a free windows-based gparted equal to format NTFS disks? Easus and MiniTool require Pro version to do that. I know gparted can format ntfs, but I got an error that says I need to use native ntfs program or something along the line.

Attached: 1552087113208.png (9 KB, 93x121)

Matthew Robinson
Matthew Robinson

disks arent ntfs, partitions are.
and read the error message, it probably just want you to start up windows then shut it down, so the flag is unset

Ethan Johnson
Ethan Johnson

My uni only offers 365 so I pirated 2019

Jose Rivera
Jose Rivera

You need 1903 for the scheduler, but there are many other performance and security improvements between Windows 7 and 10 LTSC.
You could just run Linux, which has had a proper scheduler since the turn of the century.

Luis Morgan
Luis Morgan

which has had a proper scheduler
interesting....
blog.acolyer.org/2016/04/26/the-linux-scheduler-a-decade-of-wasted-cores/

Eli Bailey
Eli Bailey

no, noone had proper scheduler since new processors utilize brand new technologies and have new bugs, so schedulers costantly need to be updated.

Dylan Edwards
Dylan Edwards

That's clickbait and significantly exaggerates a minor problem that only occurs in certain pathological conditions. If they managed to significantly improve the scheduler without introducing regressions, their patches would've been merged.

Wrong. Linux has had a good NUMA aware scheduler for ages because people have used Linux on multi socket computers and supercomputers for ages.

Kevin Gray
Kevin Gray

Wrong. Linux has had a good NUMA aware scheduler for ages because people have used Linux on multi socket computers and supercomputers for ages.
so tell me, did linux implement the "only same trust context on hyperthreaded cores because intel fucked it up" technology since the turn of the century?

Sebastian Howard
Sebastian Howard

No, but needing to update your scheduler for a CPU bug is different than needing to update your scheduler from NUMA. NUMA has been around for ages, unlike these microarchitectural bugs.

Adrian Jackson
Adrian Jackson

I have installed w10 ltsc how do i debloat it?

Caleb Mitchell
Caleb Mitchell

Codeblocks fucking sucks
Eclipse seems to be more of the same
How the fuck do I debug a c program on windows? Fuck!

Attached: 1525797096557.gif (1.84 MB, 346x353)

Lucas Hernandez
Lucas Hernandez

by reading the OP

Austin White
Austin White

Hi, windows 7 boomer fag here; does windows 10 have 2fa or fail2ban for the login screen?
Asking cuz I usually remote in with vnc on win 7 and I'm considering switching if it has that extra layer of security.

Juan Smith
Juan Smith

Visual Studio

Bentley Turner
Bentley Turner

so if I use Windows 7 and i want to get the POSReady 7, I have to make a USB installation media? will I have to make a clean install or can it overwrite my current Windows 7 installation so that I don't have to reinstall all my stuff (there's quite a lot that I don't really want to reinstall)

Jose Miller
Jose Miller

You don't get it m8. I'm in the third world and probably going to need to pause and resume the download a few times. I can't do that on that hosting.

Is there a reliable torrent or which Redstone 5 ISO should I grab from Microsoft using this? tb.rg-adguard.net

Sebastian Reed
Sebastian Reed

Yes, you will have to overwrite everything.
Even if it didn't require a reinstall, NEVER trust ANY operating system to do any major updates/upgrades and retain everything. Always make backups.

Camden Cruz
Camden Cruz

Why is it 0 bytes? What am I doing wrong?
too brainlet to pirate Adobe CC

Attached: 1558000603730.png (24 KB, 683x479)

Grayson Brooks
Grayson Brooks

my secondary 4TB HDD decided to disappear, it comes up in the BIOS, but windows asks me to initialise it when I open disk manager, and looking at properties it says it is 0MB in size. is it fucked... any suggestions for salvaging the data?

Ian Smith
Ian Smith

Also does the same with the CC 2018 version that I downloaded separately.

Attached: 1549655262512.png (20 KB, 681x483)

Zachary Nguyen
Zachary Nguyen

for you not much, give it to a recovery specialist. its electronics are fucked somewhere

Anthony Nelson
Anthony Nelson

search for a torrent with the same name as source iso and download the svf separately. i assume you can download the svf in one piece atleast

Bentley Miller
Bentley Miller

JDownloader2 is by far the best manager, and I can confirm it supports cloudmail just fine. I'm downloading an ISO from it right now.

David Torres
David Torres

booted into linux sysrescuecd , I can mount the partition fine and see all the data, I'm thinking of blowing away the GPT and recreating it in parted, but I want to back it up first

Daniel Price
Daniel Price

does using Win10UI make you use up a tremendous amount of space in the Win10UImount folder? is that normal? I want to start over in a different drive, I can't delete this folder?

Attached: win10uimount.jpg (49 KB, 1005x243)

Blake Scott
Blake Scott

candy crush

Hunter Baker
Hunter Baker

its all temporary

Cooper Wilson
Cooper Wilson

Wotok doesn't have an option for kms, how do I activate office without fucking my windows activation?

Caleb Young
Caleb Young

it should have a "seco" option, if KMS_VL_ALL is installed it will automatically enable it for office.
but anyways, just uninstall and reinstall KMS_VL_ALL and it will work

Benjamin Wright
Benjamin Wright

pay xD

James Diaz
James Diaz

Is this normal? It isn't moving at all

Attached: Screenshot-win10-test-2019-07-16-13:59:06.png (377 KB, 1920x1080)

Chase Long
Chase Long

I'm using rentry.co/ltsc_optimize as a reference.

Nolan Ortiz
Nolan Ortiz

Attached: 1561223586104.png (156 KB, 1000x1000)

Noah Jenkins
Noah Jenkins

I followed the guide so my install was activated without doing nothing, should I download kms and activate it manually?

Attached: wotok.png (30 KB, 381x386)

Nolan Smith
Nolan Smith

I tried but didn't find that exact consumer ISO. I do have the svf.

Gotta trust Satan. I'll try with JD later tonight.

Daniel Perry
Daniel Perry

Just a heads up, JD2 comes with adware on the regular installer, but they post an adware-free version in their own forum for some reason:
board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=54725

Benjamin Ortiz
Benjamin Ortiz

I'm a complete noob and only asking this because google doens't give me shit

why the fuck is the windowsapp folder so huge, and why can't I delete anything in it despite doing the whole security -> advanced -> add my username in the authorizations shit or whatever?

my C:/ drive is seriously lacking space and this fucking folder is around 30GB despite me having absolutely never used any app from the store or anything

Jaxon Peterson
Jaxon Peterson

i'm on windows 10 btw

Parker Clark
Parker Clark

Bump

Josiah Campbell
Josiah Campbell

Could use some infos on the newest LTSB:
is it now freely acquirable like the LTSC via the Media Creation Tool?
does it still require VLKs or does it take Win 10 Pro keys no problems? I've read some threads on here that they do, but can't find any consistent info on it
is the XBox Live app available for it?

Cooper Nguyen
Cooper Nguyen

I can help but no really, I'm not even sure if you are confusing ltsc with ltsb or what
you can't download the latest ltsc using the media creation tool
you can't activate it with pro keys, use kms or test your luck buying a key on ebay
there is some xbox bloat but I don't think that's what you want

Ayden Williams
Ayden Williams

how do I activate a LTSC/LTSB build?
does it work with a cmd file like pro versions?

Justin Thompson
Justin Thompson

also regarding the tut in the OP, can't I just sjip step 1 and directly jump to Optimize-LTSC if I don't need additional language or ui changes and updates?

Logan Gonzalez
Logan Gonzalez

rentry.co/fwt#activating-windows
try and report back : )

Nicholas Lopez
Nicholas Lopez

nevermind btw, Optimize-LTSC is already activating it
try and report back : )
I will

Robert Davis
Robert Davis

Putting an efi.cfg file in the sources folder of my Windows 8.1 usb stick is enough to skip the serial key validation?

James Bailey
James Bailey

Is there a way to remove defender or to completely disable it from a running Win10 LTSC installation?

Ryan Rogers
Ryan Rogers

yes, in Optimize-LTSC when you are asked to remove windows app select SecHealthUI
rentry.co/ltsc_optimize#2-optimizing-tweaking-and-debloating-the-updated-iso-image-new-method

Jason Morales
Jason Morales

Nice but from an already installed vanilla LTSC? I don't want to reinstall Win10, I have all my automation setup running well...

Jacob James
Jacob James

W10Privacy has an option for it

Cameron Wilson
Cameron Wilson

How long does it take for the Optimize-LTSC script to complete? I dont know if it's frozen

Gabriel Rogers
Gabriel Rogers

Say, what do you guys think of this debloating guide?
fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1903.frag

Logan Hill
Logan Hill

For already installed LTSC, use this:
s.put.re/JbN265Lq.0.zip

It removes Defender fully on live installation, it will also hide it in Settings app.

Blake Roberts
Blake Roberts

from a quick scroll-through W10Privacy already includes these, with proper checkboxes and stuff

Nathaniel Bailey
Nathaniel Bailey

At this point even installing gentoo is fucking easier that fully debloating LTSC.

Joseph Nguyen
Joseph Nguyen

i doubt that even microsoft knows about all the telemetry they have in there by different teams.

Henry Bailey
Henry Bailey

So after reading through this thread, I’m clearly technologically inept, but I don’t believe I share the same level of concern as most of you. But I’m hoping I can get an answer.
I bought a new windows 10 laptop, just a cheap shitbook, and have a question about antivirus/anti malware. From what I’ve read it seems like windows defender is somewhat capable now, for just surface level browsing (forums, Amazon, YouTube, etc) which is all I got it for. My question is am I fine with just windows defender? Or should I get like clam and malwarebytes? I plan to torrent, but not much. Sorry if that’s a fucking retarded question, just not trying to give my laptop aids.

Nathan Lopez
Nathan Lopez

defender is great but also very slow
see benchmarks at av-comparatives.org

but really if you have an adblocker, up-to-date windows and are not retarded theres not much to worry

Justin Cox
Justin Cox

Hey boys, I've been meaning to switch over to LTSC however I was wondering if I can keep all my installed shit when moving over to the new installation?
I guess it would only affect my SSD anyway so it would hit only a couple programs I have installed on there, but I was just wondering if I can install it while keeping everything

Carter Rivera
Carter Rivera

if you're on a newer version than ltsc the answer is a definitive no. If you aren't its a probable no.

Jayden Sanchez
Jayden Sanchez

Cool, thanks for an actual answer. I don’t keep anything important on the laptop, so I wasn’t worried about personal information or anything like that. Just didn’t want to slow it the fuck down. Thanks again.

Luis James
Luis James

All right, not that big of a deal. This might be a dumb question but, if I've got an SSD (OS+some shit) and 2 HDDs where I keep most of my stuff, wiping the SSD and reinstalling Windows shouldn't theoretically affect the other stuff on the two HDDs, right?

Lincoln Mitchell
Lincoln Mitchell

that's correct
you can temporarily unplug them too if you think you might be too retarded to not fuck up partitioning

Michael Perez
Michael Perez

Cheers, thanks man

Aaron Murphy
Aaron Murphy

Just got a job and the company isn't allowing me to install Linux on my machine.
How good is this Ubuntu in W10 I kept seeing a few months ago on Jow Forums

Also, any emacs guy who managed to get comfy on Windows?

Austin Hill
Austin Hill

Emacs on Windows is fine, just set up emacsclient since startup is slow as fuck. There's a wiki that tells you how to do this on Windows. You just need to edit the shortcut and registry to launch an emacsclient instance.

Colton Williams
Colton Williams

How's the org mode org Babel stuff?
Do you also get mu4e and erc running smoothly?

Adam Martin
Adam Martin

Just bought a new AMD CPU so I'll have to reinstall windows.
Currently using LTSC so I'll have to move to another version for updates.
What's the go to version for this? Enterprise, Education etc
Anyone have any knowledge on this one please?

Christopher Perry
Christopher Perry

Org mode isn't any different than on Windows. You need to setup some stuff to use tramp, but there are instructions on the wiki, works great.
mu4e and erc
I don't use these but I don't think they would be any different on Windows.

Evan Smith
Evan Smith

either Enterprise or Education.
The only difference is that on default config Enterprise gets store suggestions and Education doesnt (although you'd probably fix this with optimize-offline or one of the debotnet apps amyways), however Enterprise can make ReFS volumes while Education can't.
Otherwise they're practically identical.
So yes, just go with one of them. And next time read the OP paste

Lincoln Lopez
Lincoln Lopez

And next time read the OP paste
Thanks for the info, I should have read it but wanted some individual feedback from people who may have recently got these new CPUs and whether you had to necessarily change from LTSC.
I have tons of work to do, backups etc, so was a bit rushed, I'll read through that later though.

Luke Gonzalez
Luke Gonzalez

Ok. I kept reading about emacs on windows being a tier below what is available on Linux, especially about pdf-tools being unavailable and messed up encoding, so I wanted to make sure there weren't other issues ahead.

Tyler Barnes
Tyler Barnes

IDK how but my old Windows 7 pirated install got FUBAR. Cant even fix using a repair disk. So my plan is to just install Windows 10 since fuck it why not. Is the Enterprise edition an option using Microshits provided boot media?

Evan Richardson
Evan Richardson

no. just get whatever iso you want and write it with rufus

Robert Ward
Robert Ward

So apparently disabling Cortana with GP doesn't work anymore since 1903.
What's method can I use now?

Attached: corshitana.png (58 KB, 867x663)

Adrian Jenkins
Adrian Jenkins

is there anything worthwhile at all from the Microsoft Store

Chase Perry
Chase Perry

Why is Microsoft just so fucking bad at almost everything they do? Especially if it's internet-related in some way?

Their account creation processes, their Store/app delivery, Windows 10 in general... It's like they can't manage email and web servers at all, internet and new tech is fucking kryptonite to them.

And this is the biggest IT company in the world or something. What a joke.

Attached: pajeetsoft.png (10 KB, 449x413)

Logan Bennett
Logan Bennett

Linux is a kernel, brainlet.

Jeremiah Morris
Jeremiah Morris

Their pajeet copy paste answers sending your average non/semi tech literate people on time wasting goose chases are the worst shit unimaginable from such a huge company. Fucking use somewhere that's not in India for the landing page for the OS FFS!

Connor Martinez
Connor Martinez

does the kms activator in the op work for win server 2019?

Asher Murphy
Asher Murphy

install gentoo

Josiah Torres
Josiah Torres

Anyone here got both the store and the apps working on an LTSC install?

Justin Davis
Justin Davis

Attached: 1563365758795.png (373 KB, 720x1235)

Cooper Gomez
Cooper Gomez

Yes. But I've read elsewhere that updates can fuck up Store on LTSC.

Chase Cooper
Chase Cooper

Use kaspersky/bitdefender/nod32, your choice.

Xavier White
Xavier White

What's the best way to back up a full installation of windows?

After a few days I have finished a setup which I'm really damn comfortable with and I'd rather not have to reinstall this shit in a while.

Owen Ross
Owen Ross

where is the best place to download HWIDgen?

Camden Gonzalez
Camden Gonzalez

mydigitallife

Grayson Thomas
Grayson Thomas

it is a ledditor chimping out episode

Joshua Hughes
Joshua Hughes

Download this driver
ISD_DualTouch_732-12.exe
from wacom.eu/index4.asp?pid=29&list=all, just ctrl + f

Joshua Ward
Joshua Ward

the link in the OP

Adrian Ortiz
Adrian Ortiz

Stop using altshift. It will take you a day or two to adjust

Elijah Sanchez
Elijah Sanchez

This. Those three are the best AV suites ever, i personally use ESET NOD32 because it's easy to crack, so i don't have to pay for it.

Grayson Bell
Grayson Bell

is there a taskbar tool similar to iStatMenus on macos?

bjango.com/mac/istatmenus/

Camden Powell
Camden Powell

Yep. Got a license til 2021, I don't even skip a year without reinstalling anyways.

Chase Hernandez
Chase Hernandez

Where do you find working keys for eset? I'm struggling these days to find keys.

Justin Garcia
Justin Garcia

TNod still works with the right servers, but the key I got was posted somewhere and I just snatched it.

Joseph Gomez
Joseph Gomez

it's easy to crack
barely manages to steal a key

Ethan Jenkins
Ethan Jenkins

Consider that all it takes is downloading tnod, adding a recent server and using a key from there. It ain't difficult. I just happened to stumble upon that shit so I skipped using TNod, but if you know how to add exceptions to a firewall it's just that easy to use.

Parker Cook
Parker Cook

Not firewall, antivirus. My bad.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit