Intel - AMD friendship thread

Why do they insist in fighting each other?
Its pointless.
CPUs are reaching their asymptotic performance limit. They would obtain better results if they cooperated.
Both companies could improve their shortcomings...

Attached: AMD-vs-Intel-in-2017.jpg (704x320, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UUXBCdt5IPg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Intel could use the 7nm fabrication process

Attached: 634.jpg (700x700, 62K)

Right, no one fucking cares.
Muh 100mhz speed increase.
I think it stock owners shilling.

AMD is actually pursuing progress while Intel just cares about money. We need close down Intel and give all their R&D budget to AMD. Also arrest all the higher ups for stalling the progress of humanity by sabotaging AMD and intentionally gimping their own CPUs this past decade.

>poor
>communist
hand in hand.

you really need to learn that Taiwan is technically sovereign country although not that much recognized by the dysfunctional UN but US is selling newest weapon to it anyway
if you don't agree Taiwan is a country that you're the real chink commie

i have had an intel cpu and amd gpu for a long time. just recently moved to an nvidia gpu.
fanboyism is stupid. just use the product that is best for your budget and workload.

>Why do they insist in fighting each other?
Money.

Can you ameriturds say anything besides commies and something about money?

Here's why X company will always be better for a whatever duration they can manage: they offer better products for less. Which in this case is AMD and they don't necessarily have to have the highest FPS possible (they don't even with zen 2) but their products are still better. When intel stops being a fucking retard and gets their shit together and invests 300 mil in R&D instead of bribing brown trannies to come work for them then we can point and laugh at AMD.

This vicious cycle is what keeps technology improving and innovating in areas not thought possible. It's why we have server grade equipment on a desktop now (ie 3950X on X570 with ECC 4000+ RAM).

I think this tool song explains it better: youtube.com/watch?v=UUXBCdt5IPg

Attached: aN7K4Do7_700w_0.jpg (500x374, 35K)

ECC unironically could've been available for consumers this whole time, there's nothing special enabling it.
Intel just likes to mark up the price on features that cost basically nothing to implement.

Because motherfucker the money isn't in making the CPU's it's in licensing tech to other people.

No, all intel needs to do is go fabless and then they win.

>server grade equipment on a desktop now
no.
also, only 1 motherboard out of the 50 of so that got released is supporting ecc memory

Whose? The only thing where TSMC or Samsung 7nm wins with intel's 14mememeters is power efficiency, it can't actually reach it in raw performance. Intel nodes were always performance>efficiency while other foundries were performance

The 3950X underclocked and undervolted to 3GHz probably consumes 45W at most which makes it extremely energy efficient and capable of fitting inside a low profile slim mini-itx chasis. Stack a few of those together and connect them through 10Gbps ethernet ports and you practically have yourself a fucking supercomputer or HPC cluster.

As for the motherboards, of course there's only 1 that supports ECC and mini-ITX variants probably won't support it at all but now with PCI-4 you can put like 4 m.2 NVME 4TB SSDs in raid 10, config all of them to use 64KB block sizes and use that as RAM. Obviously won't be anywhere near as fast as real RAM but god dam that's gonna be 8TB of 10GB/s virtual RAM.

Attached: watching-the-subbed-version-watching-without-the-subtitles-watching-an-55084416.png (500x564, 118K)

In fact scrap the raid 10 m.2 setup, with 16X PCI-4 i-RAM could make a complete comeback. Just RAID 10 that, it will essentially be fast ECC RAM.

Attached: IRAM13a.jpg (400x300, 33K)

because it's more fun to argue

Attached: 4bb.png (531x534, 498K)

Let's say that for some reason, that happens. The only people who lose in that case are the consumers, the companies have no need to innovate and no need to lower prices to compete.

Attached: carousel_678x452.jpg (678x452, 25K)

just upgraded from an older intel i5 to a ryzen i7

i was happy with my intel and im currently happy with my ryzen :)

we can all get along :)

Intel will use Samsung's 7nm+ for their Xe GPUs in 2021, if that release succeeds they'll use it for desktop CPUs if they're still stuck on 14nm++++++++++.

That way lies madness.
Suddenly we have a monopoly of AMDtel or InMD* or whatever.
Those rarely work out well for us plebians.

* First one to say "I wanna be In AMD MD" or any variation thereof will die.

The Jew is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a Jew and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

Red company bad

ECC should have been non optional since ever.