/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Carter Diaz
Carter Diaz

Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
State budget & CURRENCY
Post at least some attempt at a parts list
List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU (9900K for spendthrifts)
R7 1700X - Budget video editing
R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs based on current pricing:
1080p
RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
GTX 1660 - higher fps / more demanding games
RX 5700 - even higher FPS
1440p
RX 5700 - basic
RX 5700XT - standard
RTX 2070 Super - higher framerates in SOME games
2160p (4K)
RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

Navi launch drivers have issues, esp. w/ OC. Wait for AIB if considering the XT. 5700 blower is alright, due to low power. AIB models come mid-August.

General:
PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
SSD Guide (250GB+ SATA bare minimums): i.imgur.com/79MYtoE.png
NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
Don't use Speccy
AM4 VRMs + Monitors under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev jowforums.com/thread/71868027/technology

Attached: 2019-06-14-InstrPerSecTimeline.jpg (117 KB, 2039x1099)

Other urls found in this thread:

jowforums.com/thread/71868027/technology
youtu.be/VrIGrUEnoVk
ebay.co.uk/itm/Optix-27-Monitor-MAG271CQR-1ms-144Hz-QHD-Monitor-free-MSI-DS502-Headset-/362693783222?hash=item54723beeb6
msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX
youtube.com/watch?v=0GjSiLbCtHU&t=1019s
jonnyguru.com/
pcpartpicker.com/list/M4q9fH
newegg.com/p/N82E16817182322
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ghnK6s
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/xYyYnH
amazon.com/Kingston-A400-120G-SATA-Internal/dp/B07P22T3VD/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=kingston ssd 120gb m.2&qid=1563120139&s=gateway&sr=8-3
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1283127504
reddit.com/r/kotor/comments/30vhbe/for_those_of_you_who_are_still_having_issues/
reddit.com/r/kotor/comments/7t1d7r/kotor1_nvidia_gpu_crashing_before_menu/
newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232218
uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/jackmoore04/saved/#view=mrcBZL
amazon.com/dp/B07F1VGGLK/?tag=pcpapi-20
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818
jowforums.com/thread/71879019/technology

Daniel Collins
Daniel Collins

AMD Based
Intel Cringe

Zachary Cooper
Zachary Cooper

hate waiting for deliveries
they haven't even shipped my 3900x yet

Jaxson Scott
Jaxson Scott

My PSU is from roughly 2011, what should I be looking at besides wattage when getting a replacement?

Jaxon Martin
Jaxon Martin

Even if DLSS pans out to be great
If?
IF?
It's been proven to be shit and a complete scam.
Even the best implementation is worse than simple upscaling, and even more worse than upscaling+CAS. Even if you ignore how bad BFV, it's been tried in MANY games and is inferior in all of them.

Cameron Edwards
Cameron Edwards

My fucking 3600 has been in-state since Thursday.

Parker Sanchez
Parker Sanchez

1 12V rail that can deliver at least 95% of the whole rated wattage.
Semi-passive fans (ie RMx series) are always nice.

Nathan Scott
Nathan Scott

get one that's at least gold quality?

Connor Anderson
Connor Anderson

I have an AOC C24G1 using the same panel (or a very similar one)
works on my machine
I have the same monitor and I can tell you are lying.
Just have the fps flicker between sub 48fps and over 48 fps.
Every time it fps gets low the screen flickers, this is very noticable in loading screens where fps can spike like mad, up and down, and you can clearly see the flicker.
And yes, I am using an AMD gpu.

Elijah Allen
Elijah Allen

Building a new gaming PC for high framerates at 1440

Is x570 worth it? How'd I do?

rgb

Attached: yesihaveacaseandps.png (78 KB, 1447x662)

Ryder Ward
Ryder Ward

Should I get a 3700x and 1660ti then upgrade video card in 2-3 years or a 3600 and 5700? I dont plan on going beyond 1080p for the near future

Nathan Sullivan
Nathan Sullivan

My MAG241C flickers even sitting pegged at 144FPS, it's fucking garbage.

Mason Garcia
Mason Garcia

seconding the question. I've decided to buy 5700 XT, but I mostly play old games
VERY bad idea, AMD drivers have very finicky support for old games.
Some don't work at all, some work but with issues, such as stuttering frametime, or being unable to run a game with certain video settings, like soft shadows, or making transparent object actually transparent.

Nathaniel Richardson
Nathaniel Richardson

Replace the SSD with something better value. 970 evo doesn't perform any faster in games than the MX500.
Wait for 5700 XT AIB cards. 2070 is poor value even at $400. Or just get the 5700 now if you can't wait.

Source of which old games don't work well on AMD GPU but do on Nvidia?
And without posting that KOTOR lie that got spammed despite being BTFO.

Robert Sullivan
Robert Sullivan

oh that sounds terrible, I would return it if that's the case.
But are you sure that's the case, cause it doesn't sound logical.
I mean can you describe this in more detail?
What game, what is the actual fps, or does it flicker even in destrop, what monitor settings do you have enabled, what about MBR settings and so on?
It's probably not user error, but doesn't hurt to check.

Xavier James
Xavier James

Ryzen doesn't like ram with odd cas timings and will automatically bump it or lower it to even number
b450 and x470 motherboards are now getting striped from functions like raid and fan speed control because aegis 1.0.0.3 microcode takes half of the fucking ROM memory chip leaving too little room for bios
Issues with Nvidia GPUs on newest mobos
I start regretting buying into AMD meme with my 3700x pre-order.

Ethan Nguyen
Ethan Nguyen

Every game, on both AMD and nvidia card, DP and HDMI, any MBR setting, returned it and bough another somewhere else and it's exactly the same.
Spent weeks trying to troubleshoot before saying fuck it. Most games i play run at 144 anyway so don't need it that badly.

Isaiah Ramirez
Isaiah Ramirez

The only meme was the idea that older boards would work as well as a 570

Carson Nelson
Carson Nelson

mfw retards bought old b450/x470 for zen2 and AMD is already gimping them

Attached: 1547229767546.png (140 KB, 360x360)

Colton Wilson
Colton Wilson

Ryzen doesn't like ram with odd cas timings and will automatically bump it or lower it to even number
Gear Down Mode. Google it.
b450 and x470 motherboards are now getting striped from functions like raid and fan speed control because aegis 1.0.0.3 microcode takes half of the fucking ROM memory chip leaving too little room for bios
FUD, only loss is graphical UI and compatiblity with ancient APUS
Will be fixed, hotfixes already being pushed.

It's nothing more than teething problems on bleeding edge hardware, nothing new.

Ayden Allen
Ayden Allen

Do you REALLY need a flashy bios UI?
Really?

Carter Butler
Carter Butler

So much for muh socket longevity. AMD isn't even waiting for Intel to get off the CPU throne and they already act like next ruling Jew.

Levi Cooper
Levi Cooper

blaming AMD for Nvidia driver problems
Made it too obvious that you're trolling, bub.

Andrew Reed
Andrew Reed

cope

Dylan Lewis
Dylan Lewis

So no then.
Okay.

David Howard
David Howard

One of the problems is that there is not enough memory on those boards for the bios. How is that AMD`s fault and not the board manufacturers'?

Elijah Peterson
Elijah Peterson

FUD, only loss is graphical UI and compatiblity with ancient APUs
My beta bios from MSI already removed my raid and voltage control on fans with promise of one day releasing a trimmed version that gets rid of backwards compatibility for the sake of restoring those functions.

Connor Reed
Connor Reed

Zen2 launch is a total shit show with bios and driver issues.

Luis Lewis
Luis Lewis

The next version coming this week has RAID back in, some board already got it. My board still has full fan control, just without the fancy UI.

Julian Mitchell
Julian Mitchell

Gimping their new CPUs and mobos just to work with older boards isn't a winning or consumer friendly strategy
it's hard to avoid when they're actually advancing their architecture

the people really at fault are those who sold noobs the idea that they could go out and buy B450s and X470s new in order to play 3000s, when such a feature should have been viewed as a sop to those already in the AMD ecosystem to get them to upgrade CPU without putting a mobo purchase as a barrier

Thomas Lee
Thomas Lee

Not really.

Luke Flores
Luke Flores

Source of which old games don't work well on AMD GPU but do on Nvidia?
generals
generals zero hour
Witcher 1
quantum break
Kotor 1 and likely kotor 2 as well though haven't personally tested
There are some I personally tested, there is more probably as you really don't get a wonderful list of this shit before you buy a GPU, only after you buy it, install it and decide to play an older game do you find out about this kind of shit. Considering everybody praises AMD drives and says how they are so much better now, youd expect something else. But it turns out when they say "its much better now" they mean "for the latest games, amd actually put in enough effort where games don't have massive issues", but they did fuck all to go back and fix those issues form the past.

And without posting that KOTOR lie that got spammed despite being BTFO.
It's not a lie though you faggot and it was not BTFO as you claim. Some amd shill went heavy into damage control, shitposted and say it's all fake and a lie, despite many people on the net reporting such issues and a lot of the fixes don't work.
Some dude said he would test it with his AMD gpu, and never did.

Just do a google search on something like
AMD gpu Kotor frame buffer effects crash
AMD gpu Kotor soft shadows crash
You will get tons of people mentioning it and people offering solutions, I have tried personally every single solution and none of them worked, the only way to make the game no crash on a vega and newer gpus is to disable soft shadows and frame buffer effects which is responsible for many effects in the game, such as making invisible, transparent characters actually see through.

Luis Nguyen
Luis Nguyen

overclocking the Navis up to around 2000 Niggahertz possible.
Man, I want those aftermarket cards. Price performance champion coming through, soon.
youtu.be/VrIGrUEnoVk

Austin Brown
Austin Brown

I'd somehow prefer a Nvidia GPU still, call me old fashioned, like you said it is cheap, its that or playing even more for a 3 year old 1080, idk.

Ryder Myers
Ryder Myers

The 3700x comes with a really good cooler already lose the 212, if your just playing games and not using google chrome get a cheap pair of 3200 ram best pair right now it ballistix,reg rtx is a waste when you can get a super variant for same price and that ssd is useless and overpriced if your not doing heavy workloads.

Sebastian Moore
Sebastian Moore

So even now after the new AMD GPU released, there still is no valid 4K60FPS option for sub 500$ right?
fuck this industry seriously. I am still on a rx 570 and dont want to settle for a midground in 1440p which will be obselete in 3 years

Matthew Fisher
Matthew Fisher

Wow, again I heard of flicker issues with aoc c24g1 when it switches from normal freesync to low frame rate compensation, but your issue sounds unbearable.
I guess your best cope solution would be to use 144hz or 120hz with MBR so you get at least a clearer image, and as I know the 120hz MBR should be brighter with a vertical total tweak.

Isaac Jenkins
Isaac Jenkins

Your older sis didn't buy you a 2080 yet?

Attached: image(4).png (632 KB, 846x1200)

Henry Taylor
Henry Taylor

Maybe it's just mobo manufacturers trying to frustrate people into getting x570.

Austin Wright
Austin Wright

What the fuck is so wrong with getting an old mobo to work with the 3000s?
All I see is a bunch of arguing but no explanation as to why they're bad boards.

Christopher Baker
Christopher Baker

Pre ordering anything is retarded, you deserve everything you get.
Never, NEVER give your money before you know how a product performs and have read at least a couple of reviews.

Dominic Martinez
Dominic Martinez

It works for me :)
Fuck this company and shills like you. Keep living in denial while MSI forums and reddit get flooded with thousands of posts and threads reporting that b450 boards don't even post with the latest v18 bios update.

Isaac Hall
Isaac Hall

what is wrong with the speccy?

Joseph Allen
Joseph Allen

Building a rig around 4K gaming instead of 144hz gaming.
Fucking brainlet

Attached: Rybka.jpg (82 KB, 540x960)

Sebastian Martin
Sebastian Martin

Should have bought an x570 board, goy :^)

Andrew Myers
Andrew Myers

thats usually why people wait till most problems are ironed out just like all those failing RTX's at launch its a good thing i waited

Connor Edwards
Connor Edwards

3600 is more than enough for gayming
b450 with flashback
32Gb ram is overkill
replace 970 evo with 860 evo no diff in gaymes
5700xt aib instead of 2070

Aiden Bell
Aiden Bell

Nothing wrong with it in principle, it's only a question of whether baords with less memory than the X570s will be able to continually support the 3000s to the same degree ast the X570s
the meme that was sold to people to run out and get X470s and B450s for the 3000s even before they came out is the part I find questionable
and people blaming AMD or the manufacturers for less than 100% backwards compatibility

Robert Thompson
Robert Thompson

and dont want to settle for a midground in 1440p which will be obselete in 3 years
1080 won't be obsolete in 3 years

Hudson Richardson
Hudson Richardson

3600+5700
3700x is overkill for gaymes and restrain you due to gpu bottleneck

Adrian Rogers
Adrian Rogers

idle 3600 jumps between 40 and 60 degrees constantly
while gaming it stays at 60-70 degrees like you'd expect
Is this more bios fuckery or what

Attached: 1455959184951.jpg (38 KB, 362x346)

Thomas Sullivan
Thomas Sullivan

ME WANT MY GUI ON MY BIOS

This was never a problem. Back then, all you get was blue background, white foreground text. with borders. you're on fucking Jow Forums,.at least try to pretend you're tech savvy.

Asher Garcia
Asher Garcia

Works on my machine
If it doesn't work then just keep booting until it posts, then go into bios to enable XMP and whatever.
It should work after that.

David Ortiz
David Ortiz

Check your voltages. There were reports of fucked up BIOS auto-voltage settings going all the way to 1.4-1.5V. You could fry your fucking CPU and/or RAM.

Nathan Harris
Nathan Harris

It misreports hardware at times, and isn't updated frequently. Go with HWINFO64, CPU-Z or other programs instead.

Charles Ramirez
Charles Ramirez

It's on constant 1.34v, guess I should check out the bios to see if somethings wrong.

Ayden Kelly
Ayden Kelly

120hz MBR should be brighter with a vertical total tweak
Can you elaborate on that? It's way too dim as it is.

Zachary Morris
Zachary Morris

With how much moeny he's saving he can just get a 2080.

Colton Gray
Colton Gray

Muh GUI
Bro, you've got a fancy UEFI. You're living the life. I'm still stuck with ancient American Megatrends BIOS despite having bought my (new) laptop in 2019.

Andrew Thomas
Andrew Thomas

I think AMD is incredibly stupid for releasing only blower reference cards and prolonging the release of AIB card to mid August. I really wanted to buy 5700 XT and been waiting for months, but I'm gonna go with 2070 SUPER instead, because I don't wanna wait for weeks anymore

Elijah Jenkins
Elijah Jenkins

That's fine. "Safe limits" only really apply to high current torture loads like prime95 AVX. 1.4-1.5v on light, low threaded loads is completely fine and normal.

Jose Cooper
Jose Cooper

it's not

BUY AN X470 GOY NO NEED TO CHANGE MOBO

OH WAIT, YOU NEED TO HAVE AN OLD GEN CPU :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Brody Richardson
Brody Richardson

he might as well waitfag for 2080super

Kayden Lewis
Kayden Lewis

he confirms that Nvidia is targeted toward literal manchilden who are too incompetent to install the Arctic Accelero that's vastly superior to any partner card's cooler
Why admit this? Just because you're anonymous? You should still feel shame.

2080 is only 10% higher perf. Not worth the extra $300.

Jaxson Wood
Jaxson Wood

They're dumb most certainly for delaying AIB cards to August, but not for blower reference cards. Blowers are for universal use cases, and they're not NVIDIA, they're not trying to fuck over their partners. Also, well done being too lazy to mod your card.

Lincoln Cooper
Lincoln Cooper

how can you recommend a b450 for new ryzens with that bios bullshit going on

Joseph Ross
Joseph Ross

are you idiots really pushing this stupid narrative, when LGA-775 did have this same feature and Bios updates were needed to run Wolfdale CPU's?

Goddammit, the fanboyism really is taking out neurons.

Kayden Reed
Kayden Reed

If you use custom vertical total, with 120hz, you can have a brighter MBR than if it was on 144hz.
Look up blur buster "vertical total trick" or something. Also I am not 100% sure if it works on your monitor or not.
But something to look into.

Lucas Bailey
Lucas Bailey

Yes cuz having to add $60 custom cooler and completely voiding your fucking warranty on AN AMD GPU is such a smart move. Seriously AMD shills are most mentally ill people on planet.

Jaxson Murphy
Jaxson Murphy

how can you work for your family, spreading FUD.

Charles James
Charles James

Ditch 16gb of the the RAM, get E-die or B-die 16gb if you can.
ditch the HDD unless you need it for non-gaming things, HDDs are all but obsolete unless you need the full amount of space on them and can't afford the equivalent in SATA SSDs
Contrary to what people say you might as well get the NVME SSD if you are going for 1440p. Not because it'll translate into better gaming performance but because the performance of the SSD is better for relatively little markup.
Ditch the CPU cooler, the stock AMD cooler is fine. There's also no point to going down to a 3600x if you can afford the 3700x.
You should try and get the 2070 super or maybe a 2080/2080s if you can afford those.

Justin Lewis
Justin Lewis

ebay.co.uk/itm/Optix-27-Monitor-MAG271CQR-1ms-144Hz-QHD-Monitor-free-MSI-DS502-Headset-/362693783222?hash=item54723beeb6

This is £279 after discount.

Is it worth it?

Jonathan Turner
Jonathan Turner

He can stick to 32GB of RAM, albeit E-die Ballistix RAM. Replace Samsung with Inland Premium. 5700/XT > 2070.

Jeremiah Brooks
Jeremiah Brooks

So, since it's listed on their website, when can we expect this to hit the stores? Might grab my 3700X in 2 weeks, and I'd rather get the latest version which will cost basically the same (or maybe 10$ more just because)

Attached: 1024[1].png (818 KB, 1024x820)

Mason Gomez
Mason Gomez

buy x570 goy
because i'm assuming he's not a mouthbreather like you and can figure it out

Luke Cooper
Luke Cooper

He can for the same price, it's just unlikely he'll need it all.

Cooper Young
Cooper Young

they should discount people that have current same SKU boards as a promo for a positive PR spin.

Nicholas Evans
Nicholas Evans

its literally a bios chip switch prob a few weeks yeh

Tyler Diaz
Tyler Diaz

3700X. It'll be the new 2500k or new Q6600. Everybody laughed at the Q6600 back then saying its cores weren't needed in vidyas, then 3 years later everybody had to change their CPUs while Q6600 owners were still fine, and were for many more years. Only get a 3600 if you plan to change your CPU in the next 3 years. Get a 3700X if you intend, to keep it for like 6 or 7 years.

Parker Rivera
Parker Rivera

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if most of those b450/x470 issues with booting/posting/bios were coming from Intel/Nvidia normies being literally too retarded to flash a bios. Probably didn't format to fat32 or some stupid shit like that.

Brandon Butler
Brandon Butler

this

Noah Morris
Noah Morris

Wait for the 2080S in 2 weeks. Even if it's only 10% stronger than the 2080, for the same price, that's huge. At least it should put some pressure on the GPU market and maybe lower prices.

Jayden Butler
Jayden Butler

What would be the best place to sell my old 6700k/ram/mobo to partially recuperate my losses before jumping to Ryzen? I really want to go full AMD by the end of the year. Got tired of Jewtel after meltdown and Nvidia with those prices.

Eli Jackson
Eli Jackson

Should i waitfag for 2080S or 5700 XT 3rd party cards? 1440p144hz btw.

Kayden Reyes
Kayden Reyes

Don't get the 3700X for gaming, you will regret it immensely. The difference is really fucking minimal for the amount of money you spend for the upgrade.
youtube.com/watch?v=0GjSiLbCtHU&t=1019s

3600 is such good value for money for gaming, whereas 3700X is designed for productivity and gaming.

James White
James White

yes, unless you see a 2080 lower in price than a 2070 and the bargain appeals to you more than waiting for the 2080s

Carson Carter
Carson Carter

Attached: 1231231.png (412 KB, 784x542)

Colton Nguyen
Colton Nguyen

it's happening

Colton Davis
Colton Davis

don't listen to shitty advice from a buyer's remorse fag

Gavin Ortiz
Gavin Ortiz

t. E8400 owner
It's like I'm back 10 years ago, it's beautiful

Parker Long
Parker Long

Tomahawk B450MAX
not Rev 2.0
this gaming nomenclature needs to stop.

Sebastian Rodriguez
Sebastian Rodriguez

I really don't know if I should go b450 or x570. On one hand I am hearing all kinds of problems with the tiny fan in x570, on the other hand i'm hearing about people who cannot flash their bios on the msi boards and they either cannot boot or get inconsistent results.
please ease my mind and tell me what to do

Luke Ross
Luke Ross

Apperantly AMD is sending out boot kits for older motherboards, Or you could pick up a 1st gen Ryzen 3 for pennies and use that to flash BIOS.

Robert Sanders
Robert Sanders

Supposedly the CPU is supposed to go under 1v when idle, and the 1.25-1.35v range is what it would be under normal load.

While looking at Ryzen Master, all the CCs seem to go into sleep mode until it hits around 45 degrees, after which usage spikes to 4200MHz for a second which makes it jump to 55-60 degrees, after which they go back to sleep and normal speeds until it falls to 45 degrees again where it just repeats that constantly.
Definitely something going wrong but it doesn't seem too big of an issue outside of the stock cooler being a bit loud

Liam Flores
Liam Flores

All the recommendations i'm seeing are for the MSI b450 gaming pro carbon anyway which has flashback.

Robert Parker
Robert Parker

$60 cooler
Oh, so you can't do basic math, either?
$400+$60 is still cheaper than $500. And it's a better cooler than you get on those $500 cards, or $600 cards, for that matter.
voiding warranty
No it doesn't, lying shill. Not in the US, at least. Not in the EU either, as far as I'm aware.

Hudson Ward
Hudson Ward

What would upgrading from a 1600 to 3600 give me in terms of % boost?

AMD say there's no penalty for any of the Ryzen chipsets but is that actually true? Got a MSI B350 Gaming Plus

Nathan Thompson
Nathan Thompson

Just look up benchmarks bro.

James Taylor
James Taylor

should i buy 3600x now or wait a few months since i'm already waiting for 5700xt aib

the reason for the wait is that maybe the cpu will outperform the day 1 cpu due to better manufacturing
or maybe they'll re-add the copper vapor chamber on the CPU stock coolers

Attached: 1562989635269.png (126 KB, 707x786)

Asher Phillips
Asher Phillips

seeing all the amd tards trying to get their crippled cpus and mobos to work
just bought a 9700k and it just works out of the box

Attached: giphy.gif (3.86 MB, 459x259)

Julian Campbell
Julian Campbell

Are there any more premium cases with a similar layout to the SG13?

Attached: AB59620-2.jpg (39 KB, 560x420)

Brayden Lopez
Brayden Lopez

Absolutely no point in buying the 3600x, just save $50 and buy the 3600.

Isaiah Sanders
Isaiah Sanders

works on my machine bitch.

Attached: db38450c5b6402df47ed42e2ee481fd0.png (22 KB, 342x451)

Ryder Ortiz
Ryder Ortiz

Windows 10 piracy advise? How's it done and is there any reason NOT to do it? I don't want to end up on some American/EUropean botnet

William Sullivan
William Sullivan

buying an 8-core, 8 thread CPU that's on a dead socket.
cry when intel announces the 8-core, 16thread replacement.

like clockwork.

Mason Cooper
Mason Cooper

Literally 3 - 5 frames difference.
Stick with the 3600

William Bennett
William Bennett

My PSU is from roughly 2011, what should I be looking at besides wattage when getting a replacement?
Choose whatever the guy recommends
jonnyguru.com/

Colton Stewart
Colton Stewart

buying an 8 thread CPU in 2019
wtf bro

Xavier Cruz
Xavier Cruz

it just works out of the box
intcel confirmed targeting the computer illiterate market

Attached: 1562992036875.jpg (125 KB, 960x878)

Kevin Collins
Kevin Collins

How's good it is? I'm also planning to get a 3600x with a b450 gaming pro carbon mobo.

Levi Williams
Levi Williams

yeah ok, but that doesn't answer the question about the waiting

Joseph Allen
Joseph Allen

Thermaltake X1 or V1 maybe. Fractal Node 304

Benjamin Torres
Benjamin Torres

CPU's aren't game consoles dude.
If there's any faults with CPU releases, it's usually due to the corresponding drivers it has to work with.

Samuel Robinson
Samuel Robinson

not him,but if you argue that having to spend time toget a product working correctly is a perk then you are out of your mind

Nicholas Russell
Nicholas Russell

Be aware:
5700(xt) pcb is really similar to r9-era cards. if you have a blower 5700 and a r9-series aib model, try transplanting the cooler. i'm gonna try out my msi 390 8g.

Also the 5700's clock lock at 1800-something can apparently be bypassed by using soft powerplay tables (registry entries).

Elijah Turner
Elijah Turner

Little bit of info, that motherboard you're buying should entitle you to a free AIO loop cooler for the CPU from MSI, I have one of the MPG series and I've signed up for that promotion, it'll be better than the Hyper 212 I should think, but it depends on stock levels if you get it or not, they're literally just throwing $60 coolers at X570 owners for free. If I get mine I'll probably stick it on ebay, unless the stock cooler is bad

Michael King
Michael King

Intcels trying to pass off not being able to resolve bios issues as a concern.
on a board that talks about technology and tweaking hardware.

They don't really train these shills anymore.

Ayden Jones
Ayden Jones

works for me, followed instructions and nothing went wrong

so buy the new chipset like you would on intel, or ask the store adults to do the updating for you

Luke Brooks
Luke Brooks

wouldn't they improve the manufacturing process on the fly (yet without telling anyone) to remove the last second kinks that they couldn't do before the release date?

Isaac Roberts
Isaac Roberts

If i want dongle-free W-lan+bluetooth, should i opt for a mobo that includes these features or just get a network card?

Jaxon Martin
Jaxon Martin

yes, because we don't cry to mommy when something goes wrong with our AR-GEE-BEEE GAYMING PEEE-SEEES

Andrew Wood
Andrew Wood

no absolutely, i'm merely engaging in friendly banter
but if you go on Jow Forums and expect people to see the tinkering as an impossible hassle then you are mistaken
i mean after all if it's too hard hard for normies, they can always waitfag

Joshua Scott
Joshua Scott

I dont plan on playing CSGO or any of the BattleRoyaleBoogaloo shit.
I play singleplayer games like Witcher, GTA, AC , Cyberpunk, Metro or Strategy games like CIV and CnC. Now tell why I would want 144hz instead of 4k?

Ayden Hill
Ayden Hill

based intcels revealing themselves to have 0 tech knowledge

Aaron Jackson
Aaron Jackson

Think I'd still rather get the sg13 over the 304

Nicholas Garcia
Nicholas Garcia

Oh yes it's never amd's fault

Attached: dd6899ea8b634c31a9f19845765d4c52.jpg (793 KB, 2172x2100)

Blake Torres
Blake Torres

I have a B350-HDV 1.0 updated to latest BIOS. I'm buying an R5 3600, Should I just wait for the Max versions with the processor already purchased? Or would it be better to purchase both?

Jeremiah Edwards
Jeremiah Edwards

Around 20-35%.
Would really go for the 8 core though when you're already on a 1600.

get the $40 off bundle for 3600x+5700 on newegg and put arctic accelero on it unless it's really worth waiting a month for that 15% performance increase for more money.

lian li has an older one but I forget the name.
I really prefer vertical layouts like the silverstone FT-03 though, or slim like the thermaltake g3.

implying that intel benchmarks are run "just out of the box" instead of with hours of tweaking following Intel's review guide for maximum performance LMFAO you're delusional

Lincoln Lopez
Lincoln Lopez

Trust me, you don't know joy until you've played with the smoothness of 144fps, you won't go back.
Take a single player fast paced shooter like Doom - those quick flicks will actually look CLEARER than 4k 60fps.
If you're looking at a still picture, sure, 4k is better.. But you're not with gaming. 4k gaming is considered a joke compared to it.

Austin Perry
Austin Perry

CnCbro, are there even news about the Pteroglyph remake?

Sebastian Carter
Sebastian Carter

Roast me. pcpartpicker.com/list/M4q9fH
For your consideration:
Thirdworlder whose previous machine cpu was a 7400k r7, and before that sempron 145 hd5450 , p4 ht gma 945, k6-2 sis 550

Zachary Cox
Zachary Cox

yes, because we don't cry to mommy when something goes wrong
it's the customers job to fix the products
lol

but if you go on Jow Forums and expect people to see the tinkering as an impossible hassle then you are mistaken
Not impossible it's just a negative that consumes time and that is worse or even a perk depending on how much you value your time.

implying that intel benchmarks are run "just out of the box" instead of with hours of tweaking following Intel's review guide for maximum performance LMFAO you're delusional
Please don't reply with your shit tier damage control. Look here this is the post I was replying to, you having basically same tier post minus the wojack instantly tells me you aren't even trying to provide your own opinion, rather you are giving bot tier responses that can be read from a script.

Camden Wood
Camden Wood

Lol why did you crop out the gaming benchmarks section?

Attached: Screenshot-20190714-064759-Chrome.jpg (522 KB, 1440x1674)

Elijah King
Elijah King

do 4k 144hz, obviously.

I know what I replied to

Attached: kpop-armpits.png (33 KB, 348x178)

Gavin Thomas
Gavin Thomas

do 4k 144hz, obviously.
Yeah, I hear Nasa are throwing out their computers.

Camden Taylor
Camden Taylor

why the 2 hdds? might as well get a small ssd and hdd isntead.

Tyler James
Tyler James

nothing specific yet i think, last thing i remember is they showed of some artwork last month

Christopher Collins
Christopher Collins

why yes, i bought a 3900X for best performances at an affordable price, but i respect computer illiterate's choice of paying intel a premium premium for not having to tinker with their hardware, what gave it away?

Attached: gigachad.jpg (65 KB, 1068x601)

Matthew Clark
Matthew Clark

might as well get a small ssd
don't do this
t. 240gb SSD
fucking games are reaching 100gb now

Cooper Hall
Cooper Hall

(((why)))

Justin Cruz
Justin Cruz

tfw you live in a time where upscaling is used to make up the lack of performance

Attached: 1562292392505.png (230 KB, 492x534)

Ethan Jackson
Ethan Jackson

If you don't focus on gaming, then you are right.
If gaming is the primary thing where you need performance, then pic related.

Attached: cpu-performance-price.jpg (262 KB, 1451x811)

Josiah Martin
Josiah Martin

2 hdd (and one way to shitty to be honest) because of legacy components, for the sake of total expense calculation. Currently considering the ssd, but again
big ssd
3 meals a day, a week
oh well.

Dylan Martinez
Dylan Martinez

DUDE BRO you can like totally run 4k!
Who cares about framerates, who cares about visual quality. What matters is that you can claim to your friends that you use 4k and that you can run it buttery smooth on your 580.

Joseph Williams
Joseph Williams

3600x
Don't, the difference is so negligible for a $50 difference. Get 3600 and use it for a better GPU or a better cooler or a higher capacity SSD.

Alexander Long
Alexander Long

how high can you overclock FCLK?

Carter Barnes
Carter Barnes

the 3600 beats out the 9600k though

Parker Taylor
Parker Taylor

even if you replace the wraith cooler with the same one you'd get for the 9600k, that isn't true

Bentley Ross
Bentley Ross

yet it's still true

Owen Jenkins
Owen Jenkins

I read that the other way, kys me

Matthew Reed
Matthew Reed

you do present a valid point, the 3600 and 3600x should be included to see where they fit into place.

Jackson Campbell
Jackson Campbell

the 3600x is only a very small bit faster than the 3600 so not really worth looking at.

Attached: 7faa334ff0595e38a2ba7737183f4c86.png (144 KB, 735x805)

Cameron Brown
Cameron Brown

CAN SOMEONE RECOMMEND A mATX CASE THAT FITS THE FOLLOWING:
1. PLAIN BOX
A. NO WINDOWS
B. NO RGB
C. MINIMAL EXTERIOR 5.25's
2. DECENT AIRFLOW
A. SPACE FOR A SHIT LOAD OF FANS.

So far for a cheap fucker like myself I've narrowed it down to the Rosewill FBM-x2 or the ThermalTake Versa H17.

Attached: filterSalesmanTalksToPothead.png (85 KB, 500x444)

Adrian Jones
Adrian Jones

meals a day, a week
if the vietcong managed to win the war with 1 meal a day every two days then so can you

Nicholas Ramirez
Nicholas Ramirez

In all seriousness, you can upscale 1440p-1800p with CAS and generally get at least 90fps in a lot of those games.
90fps is reasonably smooth, and you're still getting good quality.
2160p drastically tanks performance on current generation GPUs, even the 2080ti.

The irony is that the value sensitivity that's more common with AMD buyers, which drives them to tinker to get the absolute best performance, means they're outperforming the drop-in brainlets who think they have a better performing CPU but they don't as a result of that.
also
nothing running in the background

Anyway, give it a week or two and we're going to have updated benchmarks with the FCLK fix.

Attached: XMP-bug-in-Ryzen.png (119 KB, 817x427)

Aiden Cook
Aiden Cook

I don't know about minimal exterior, but Fractal stuff fits most of the other stuff.
Take a look at Define S, Define C or Mesh.

Ian Nguyen
Ian Nguyen

tfw incredible back pain after building my PC
Well now I don't even feel like wanting to use it at all
great

Attached: 1520548160703.png (157 KB, 298x390)

Grayson Reyes
Grayson Reyes

memory module QVL lists motherboard
motherboard QVL doesn't list memory module
what do?

Wyatt Rodriguez
Wyatt Rodriguez

give it a week or two and we're going to have updated benchmarks
Just like what you said with the so called intel security patches that would come out and windows scheduler fix that would give ryzen 15% performance.
No one believes your bullshit anymore shill

Jonathan Taylor
Jonathan Taylor

rate my rig

Gigabyte B450m DS3H
2200g at 3.85ghz 1,26v
Vega 8 1550mhz 1.25v
Ballistix Sport 3000c15 at 3400c16

Matthew Phillips
Matthew Phillips

The irony is that the value sensitivity that's more common with AMD buyers, which drives them to tinker to get the absolute best performance,
No more like you have to tinker with AMD stuff to get the performance you payed for.
t. person who manually tightened timings on RAM, oced CPU to perfect voltage, and undervolted/oced vega.

drop-in brainlets who think they have a better performing CPU but they don't as a result of that.
No matter how much you tinker with a 2600 it will never surpass something likje 9700k in gaming.

also
nothing running in the background
Stop pretending you need 12 cores and 24 threads to have a browser open in the background with a youtube video playing while gaming.
8cores or 6cores 12 threads is really plenty for people who only game and don't do massive multiy threaded work like rendering shit.
Stop shilling moar cores to people who don't need it by telling them that they can't have a single program open if you have 8 cores instead of 12.

Ethan Jackson
Ethan Jackson

percentage
not actual fucking performance numbers
hate this shit, it could be 40fps and 45fps which both are shit, but nooo look at these graphs with MASSIVE PERCENTAGE IMPROVEMENTS.
How hard is it to post actual numbers instead of percentages which obscure data.

Jaxson Turner
Jaxson Turner

lift stuff using your back and not your legs
hurr my back hurt
?

Christopher Gray
Christopher Gray

You want the cerberus but it's not cheap.

Attached: 15.jpg (1.1 MB, 1903x800)

Camden Morales
Camden Morales

rated ebin

Josiah Martinez
Josiah Martinez

Define R6 without the glass side panel. It's plain, has one 5.25 bay (you said minimal, not none), and you can pop off the door and top cover to really open it up. Depending on how you set up the internals, you can fit like seven or eight fans in it. The manual has a bunch of different layouts and shows what can be removed.
If you can get the glass version significantly cheaper then do that and paint the inside of the glass panel black.

Jaxon Jones
Jaxon Jones

Does the current one just not work? what is the deal?

Gavin Ward
Gavin Ward

literally the only choice is the Thermaltake Versa

Colton Edwards
Colton Edwards

Is 650W enough for the 3700X and 2070 Super? Also is this a good PSU? newegg.com/p/N82E16817182322

Logan Price
Logan Price

yes yes

Matthew Thomas
Matthew Thomas

Well, I'm considering to buy the blower rx 5700 now or wait mid-August for the customs ones.

Christian Cooper
Christian Cooper

wait

Noah Cook
Noah Cook

do power supplies have good sales during prime day and newegg's sale? I want to get a high wattage one with a decent 80+ rating for around $50

Christian Cooper
Christian Cooper

most likely not using a proper table/workbench
the virgin table build
the chad floor or lap assemble

Wyatt Torres
Wyatt Torres

This tbfh. They must lose a huge amount of sales due to properly cooled cards not being available when people build Zen2 rigs.

Brandon Hernandez
Brandon Hernandez

What is lörs options about the X570 Aorus Master?

T. user of ASUS boards since my X79 build and want to try something new

Hunter Powell
Hunter Powell

waitfag
can't go wrong with aib

Jonathan Allen
Jonathan Allen

4k is a meme, it won't even be noticeable at the monitor sizes that are applicable to gaming. The absolutely biggest monitor you can comfortably play on is 32'' and more than 1440p on it is a waste. I've used 27'' monitors with 1080p and 1440p and the difference was barely noticeable. The main issue is that even the newest cards can struggle with 1440p 144Hz for some games

Gavin Cruz
Gavin Cruz

How does 1440 at 32" compare to 1080 at 24" ?

Thinking about upgrading my dual monitor setup to two of these - Dell S3219D (32" 2560 X 1440) - monitors would be back about 2 feet from the front of my desk. Just don't want to end up with that meme resolution of 27" at 1080.

Grayson Martinez
Grayson Martinez

tfw waiting on sales for monitors and gpu
1 more month on my laptop.

Parker Howard
Parker Howard

same here
although slightly salty that i wont be able to use it these vacations

Mason Sanders
Mason Sanders

I can"t find it you have a link? is it US only?

Jacob Nelson
Jacob Nelson

1440 at 32 is like 1080 at 27
get 1440 at 27 instead

Alexander Thomas
Alexander Thomas

3600 vs 2700? They are the same price, for mostly gayming

Nathaniel Thompson
Nathaniel Thompson

3600 easily.

Angel Wright
Angel Wright

Balls....so I would need to go 2160 then for 32" to even be worth it then.

Oliver Mitchell
Oliver Mitchell

how much of an upgrade am i looking at in gayming?

my current setup:
cpu: 3570k at 4.2ghz
ram: 8gb of 1333 mhz
gpu: gtx 980 4gb stock speeds

my potential new setup:
r5 3600 with a b450 mobo
16gb of 3200 mhz cl16
2070 super

Landon Sullivan
Landon Sullivan

I've got a very mistmatched system, and I want to upgrade my cpu + mobo in order to IOMMU / VFIO / GPU passthrough with a linux host and windows guest. I'm thinking of getting a R5 3700X, but I have no idea what motherboard I need, and some are insanely expensive and I'm not even sure what I'm paying for exactly.

Any suggestions for obvious other things to upgrade?

Current build:
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ghnK6s

CPU: AMD - FX-4300 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor (£46.55 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler (£53.58 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£47.99 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£36.43 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£71.28 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Dual Series Video Card (£338.46 @ Ebuyer)
Case: NZXT - H500i ATX Mid Tower Case (£105.46 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£85.47 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: BenQ - XL2420T 24.0" 1920x1080 120 Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Hcman - Hcman H01 Wired Gaming Keyboard (£39.99 @ Amazon UK)
Mouse: Zowie - AM Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: AKG - K240 MKII Headphones (£56.00 @ Amazon UK)
Speakers: Yamaha - HS7 95 W 2.0 Channel Speakers (£228.43 @ SmartTeck.co.uk)
Total: £1109.64

Attached: build.png (43 KB, 699x690)

John Parker
John Parker

Quite a big one honestly

Isaac Fisher
Isaac Fisher

Literally no reason to get a 3700x over a 3600 if you are just gayming. Save your money.

Ethan Walker
Ethan Walker

pretty big
but i'd recommend switching the 2070S with a 5700xt (wait for aib in mid august)

Attached: 1562889561186.jpg (878 KB, 2419x3226)

Cameron James
Cameron James

Thanks anons!

William Phillips
William Phillips

Any Canadian builded a new gaming tower recently?

Would you mind sharing your build?

I've been out of the loop for years and I'm fucking overwhelmed. I just wanna build a good gaming pc to be ready for the new mount and blade if it ever go out....

Attached: doomer-wojak.png (122 KB, 498x594)

Julian Smith
Julian Smith

builded
you have to go back to your country pajeet

Samuel Roberts
Samuel Roberts

What are the drawbacks of buying a reference 5700 XT and slapping Arctic Accelero on it vs. waiting on a proper AIB 5700 XT?

Liam Thomas
Liam Thomas

Haha thanks ghost white french canadian though

Still fuckup my english sometimes

Attached: 1530671336492.png (28 KB, 250x354)

Caleb Nelson
Caleb Nelson

No one, literally no one just "games" Ryzen is over all better than any intel cpu

Adrian Bell
Adrian Bell

reddit case

The 5700xt has more overclocking headroom, is just as fast as the 2070s, and more efficient

Evan Phillips
Evan Phillips

will the new radeons likely improve with driver updates

Jordan Parker
Jordan Parker

How about pic related for a PC. Mind you I don't know what I'm doing but I do know I want 4K 60 and the 2080 super for that, so I just have the normal 2080 as a placeholder. Budget should be within 1200-1300 euro, I get the cpu for free so that's why it's so low. Also something where in a couple years I can just switch the gpu without anything else and having it working.
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/xYyYnH

Jackson Morgan
Jackson Morgan

well...the last round made them worse so let's hop they do

James Harris
James Harris

2070 super sold out
2080 ti available in droves at micro center

guess I'm going to drop 1K. Which is the best brand? EVGA?

Wyatt Peterson
Wyatt Peterson

3600Hz ram are not supported on b450 gaming pro carbon ac are they?

Tyler Howard
Tyler Howard

go for 5700xt
a slightly better 2070s but cheaper

William Thompson
William Thompson

Sold out, too, Im afraid.

Gabriel Gomez
Gabriel Gomez

wait for aib mid august or go 5700 non xt if you can't wait

Brody Ramirez
Brody Ramirez

No one, literally no one just "games"
you need 12 cores to send an email or browse a youtube video
uhuh?

Brandon Stewart
Brandon Stewart

yes EVGA or KFA2/Galax

Isaiah Reed
Isaiah Reed

custom AIB cards are probably going to cost $30-$40 more for the 5700 and even more so for the 5700XT.

Pretty huge. like +30% in the worst case CPU wise and over +100% in the best case.
Like the other user said, you might want to wait for custom 5700XT cards. Will be cheaper, and it has non-meme features.

You know the 2080Ti is only about 35-40% higher perf over the $400/$500 5700XT/2070S, right? That's what you're paying 150% more for, a 35% increase. It's pretty pathetic.

You know user means no one runs nothing but a game with nothing running in the background like a benchmarker, you dumb shill.

Justin Foster
Justin Foster

considering how bloating chrome and firefox are, then yes

Blake Perry
Blake Perry

you need 12 cores to browse a youtube video
4k stutters horrendously at 4c/8t, so yea you do

Adrian Young
Adrian Young

any boyos with a overheating x570 taichi? guess they werent kidding this chipset was hot

reddit com/r/Amd/comments/ccyxmn/psa_x570_taichi_design_flaw_chipset_overheat/

William Kelly
William Kelly

everything logical increments links to is sold out

Attached: AkirVLptbJwKlDIoMxWwNHN1189SsGRt8-4eJzuScFI.jpg (14 KB, 300x250)

Isaiah Richardson
Isaiah Richardson

i need a gpu asap. i am torn between the 2060 and the rx 5700
i can get them both for the same price but i'm not sure about a blower card and i can't really wait a month.
my other alternative is vega 56 for the same price as above.
thoughts?

Jaxson Powell
Jaxson Powell

what's a good headset

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson

m40x with desktop mic

Josiah Roberts
Josiah Roberts

Stop it with this shit, people might actually listen to your babble. A dualcore pentium runs 4k youtube at less than 10% stress.

Liam Harris
Liam Harris

everything but Vega

Jack Martin
Jack Martin

You know user means no one runs nothing but a game with nothing running in the background like a benchmarker, you dumb shill.
Some people do. Not the majority though.
But even then I don't see your point, this shilling of "you need 12 cores to be able to run a game and have a browser open" is ridiculous and not grounded in reality.

RAM is not the same as cpu cores. You don't need 64 cores to run chrome.
Are you out of your mind, it can stutter based on your internet speed, your GPU. 4K vidoes on youtube have very little to do with CPU power. Your shitposting is getting malicious tier of dishonest.

Owen Myers
Owen Myers

I don't want a mic on my desk

Ethan Evans
Ethan Evans

idk man my 4790k does pretty well on 4k youtube vids

Easton Cox
Easton Cox

amazon.com/Kingston-A400-120G-SATA-Internal/dp/B07P22T3VD/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=kingston ssd 120gb m.2&qid=1563120139&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Would using this as solely a boot drive for Windows 10 be a bad idea?

Attached: 1562320054116.jpg (73 KB, 768x1024)

Andrew Morris
Andrew Morris

Just sold my PC for $5 squid more than I bought it all for.
Checkmate.

Landon Johnson
Landon Johnson

The 5700 (non-XT) is so low power that the blower is perfectly fine. It's just the XT, which is higher power, that you want to avoid the blower on.
Pretty easy choice with the 5700 when it performs better than the 2060Super, let alone the regular shitty 6GB 2060, yet is cheaper.

That's fine if it's just for Windows and you have a better secondary drive for your games and applications.

because they're paid ads, you absolute retard.

Caleb Sullivan
Caleb Sullivan

Sup guys. I want to build a PC and I'm currently on the fence about which GPU to buy. It's between the 5700 XT (wait for AIB) and 2070S. Usually I'd go with the 5700 XT, because it makes way more sense from a price/performance standpoint, but I've heard that AMD GPUs are worse at handling emulation and older games. Both of those points are important to me, as I tend to keep all parts for 5 years at least. I'll just lead my cons and pros for each card and ask you to tell me what you think. I don't care about raytracing, both of these cards will be outdated by the time it will be mainstream. My monitor is freesync but works with nvidia so that's a non-issue:

5700XT
- better price/performance
- not giving money to the NVIDIA jew
- will probably age better

2070 S
- slightly better performance now
- better at emulation (openGL) and older games (?)

Attached: 1546362779451.jpg (35 KB, 680x510)

Lucas Ross
Lucas Ross

buy it anyway, the qvl is a load of bullshit

Cooper Peterson
Cooper Peterson

RED BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY GOOD
GREEN BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY BAD

Tyler Roberts
Tyler Roberts

Buy a 2080ti poorfag.

Colton Bennett
Colton Bennett

rx 5700 is the new best value

Joshua Martin
Joshua Martin

Good reason
Shit retard reason
- will probably age better
Entirely unknown.

And you know this for a fact.
If you care about older games.

So the result is

5700XT

2070 S

Choose what you find more important, older games and better performance. Or if you only play new games and care more about getting most for your money.

Evan Russell
Evan Russell

Firstly: Stop being a corporate drone, keep that shit in /v/
Secondly: AMD is worse in opengl, yes, but for most older emulators you should be fine, and CEMU is getting Vulkan soon
Thirdly: Do NOT buy 5700XT until it has better cooling, right now it’s prone to overheating and crashing after 30 minutes of gaming

Henry Taylor
Henry Taylor

As per OP:
Budget very flexible more an issue of value, USD
see attached for parts lists
games and video upscaling are the only demanding things i do although i probably spend more time in irc/browser/foobar

My goals here:
upgrade to freesync so I can buy either nv or amd in the future
slightly smaller, better looking far quieter case
replace my mish-mash of fans with ones that are very good but also all sound the same
go all air cooling, case+fans+cpu cooler will last 10+ years
finally replace dead 980ti/fall back gtx760 in preparation for Doom Eternal/Gears 5/Halo/Diablo 4

Notes:
I have 2 23" 1080p 144hz and that dell right now. I'm either going to sell my 1440p dell and keep the triple monitor set up or sell both 1080p's and go back to dual monitors.

I think I could probably get away with just a 1660, 1660ti even at 1440p 144hz right now but it's more an issue of the 5700XT being an insane overclocker, hating nvidia's anticonsumer bs, and planning to eventually replace the blower with something custom anyway.

I could just buy a 2060 super, slap it in, and be good. So many options I'm kind of stuck.
Would appreciate feedback pertaining to any of these choices

Attached: i-wish-to-die.png (305 KB, 2467x1219)

Chase Price
Chase Price

a400 has no dram and no dram on os drive is bad. so probably yes

right now it’s prone to overheating and crashing after 30 minutes of gaming
source?

Isaac Torres
Isaac Torres

Forgot to mention that 2070S AIB cards are out now and 5700XT will take one month of waiting approximately

Dominic Murphy
Dominic Murphy

better at emulation (openGL)
Literally only relevant in Cemu
and older games (?)
No real evidence of this except sometimes you need to use a directx wrapper for old openGL games, but that's also recommended for Nvidia as well and just less required.

Only reason to get a 2070S is because, yes, you're too much of a brainlet to get an artic accelero, and/or can't wait a month for custom cards, and will spend and extra $40-$100 for that.

Your current CPU is going to bottleneck an RX580, let alone a 5700 XT. lol.
4c/4t stutters like shit, even at 5GHz.
And I'd get a better monitor. $300 for a TN is shit.
The other parts of your upgrade are fine.

Xavier Hughes
Xavier Hughes

Is Riotoro a good PSU brand? Johnnyguru reviewed one of their psus and they got good reviews, but I can't find any more information about them.

Leo Evans
Leo Evans

Finally upgrading to up to date stuff. My GPU has a 6-pin slot and an 8-pin slot. Do I need to fill both? It came with a pitiful little cable that appears to be an adapter . Two 6-pins to an 8-pin. My gut says just use the 6+2 from my PSU and I should be fine.

Jose Ortiz
Jose Ortiz

and older games (?)
No real evidence of this except sometimes
no real evidence
OH BOY here we fucking go.

Kotor 1, no framebuffer effects(stealth being trasnparent, lot of visual effects) and soft shadows can't be used otherwise game crashes and there is no other fix for it.

Witcher 1 has constant fps dips and unstable framerate, talking about a vega that's twice are powerful as a nvidia card, yet the nvidia card provides stable framerate and even higher fps.

Quantum break, underutilization with vega card, leading to constant dips in fps and lower over all performance.
Talking about a 2060 having stable 60fps while a vega 64 was struggling to get stable 40fps.

Games like Generals and Generals Zero hour, literally don't work.

And before you start with shit.
Using the same system but with clean driver instal and nvidia card, none of the issues are present.
Yes, I have tried both win 10 and win 7.
No problems on the nvidia card, and consistent issues with older games like mentioned above with amd card.

Jacob Bennett
Jacob Bennett

Rate/comments?
Yes, I want to buy Intel

Attached: E54D7478-B158-46D7-B1ED-50BA61779DBF.jpg (2.99 MB, 2138x3069)

Camden Gutierrez
Camden Gutierrez

Get faster RAM

Literally why would you buy intel right now

Nolan Moore
Nolan Moore

put it on your lap then

Jose Thomas
Jose Thomas

Noted
I want to play Arma 2 mostly, it’s a bit older and doesn’t play nice on AMD CPUs

Lucas Torres
Lucas Torres

Do I get an 2080 over a 2070 super
There's a few discounts dropping it to roughly a price of a 2070 super on amazon
(UK)

Kayden Collins
Kayden Collins

kotor 1 has problems in general. You already got btfo on this yet you're repeating it?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1283127504
There are some AMD specific problems, sure
reddit.com/r/kotor/comments/30vhbe/for_those_of_you_who_are_still_having_issues/
but it's not "just werkz" on Nvidia either
reddit.com/r/kotor/comments/7t1d7r/kotor1_nvidia_gpu_crashing_before_menu/
Solver: Indeed, it was the OpenGL.dll had failed to recognize the proper pathways to enable the gpu to load the game.
dumb fucking shill.

Every week you have some new bullshit lying slimy tactic that you spam.

Don't be a moron who buys Intel. You're just paying more for less, getting drastically worse security, and you'll pay even more still in electricity.
Learn how to screenshot.
660p
holy fuck the absolute state.

That build is super bad, Intel or not. Look at other 2070S builds in the thread.

Joseph Anderson
Joseph Anderson

I have a 6600k. it is icy cool. I have some cheap 30$ cooler master air cooler on it, I don't know what and it idles at 23c, goes up to like 43c under heavy load.
I don't know why you're not upgrading the cpu but an aio or a 90$ noctua is complete overkill for the 6600k

Thomas Gutierrez
Thomas Gutierrez

Have an i5 4690K and RX480
Considering buying a 5700 when the ones that aren't blower shit come out
Oh boy CPU bottle necks inbound?

Aaron Hughes
Aaron Hughes

The 2080 is still the better card, so if you can find a good discount go for it.

Ryder Carter
Ryder Carter

The CPU is running at 4.8ghz and has very good ram with it, I don't think it's going to bottleneck anything at a measly 144fps, if it were a 240hz 1080p monitor I would agree.
It ties or beats the 2600x in average and minimums at GTA V, Witcher 3, Battlefield 1, Total war and that's with inferior ram to mine.
I plan to upgrade to a used 8700k(trivial to mod z170 board for it) when 10th gen launches and drops used prices on it.
$300 for a 1440p 144hz monitor is a great price. I paid less for my current version of it(almost identical) and it's a great monitor don't have a single complaint.
So are you saying I should buy a new CPU/mobo right now and if so based on what source and which cpu/mobo?
You think a $500+ 27" 1440p 144hz is worth the dramatic price increase? I'm going off this
rtings
The S2719DGF is a very good monitor for gaming. It is very responsive to your actions due to the very low input lag and its extremely fast response time ensures that fast moving content will have very little blur. It has great resolution and large size that allow you to see every detail of your game. Finally, it supports FreeSync that prevents tearing and can be overclocked up to 155Hz to enhance your gaming experience.

Attached: 1541270653841.jpg (254 KB, 700x975)

Juan Bennett
Juan Bennett

Because the AIO is loud and like I said silence is a goal for the upgrade here. It's also running at 4.8ghz and I'm going to delid it and go for 5ghz.
Also plan to get a new CPU at some point over the next two years, probably a used 8700k(easy to mod my mobo for it saving $150) when 10th gen launches reducing used prices.
I'm not trying to be like arrogant or anything I really appreciate the help, just explaining my point of view/train of thought here.

Attached: tfgfarts.jpg (2.58 MB, 4032x3024)

Gabriel Phillips
Gabriel Phillips

Attached: 1562991757164.png (32 KB, 600x600)

Jackson Walker
Jackson Walker

kotor 1 has problems in general.
Yeah but if I put an nvida card into my PC, it JUST WORKS.
I don't have to trouble shoot, all the effects work and the framerate is very stable.
You already got btfo on this yet you're repeating it?
NO I HAVE NOT YOU FUCKING LIAR!
CHIRST YOU PIECE OF SHIT, EVERY FUCKING TIME YOU HAD NOT PROVED JACK SHIT, YOU JUST KEEP SPAMMING AND CLAIMING
you got BTFO
IT NEVER HAPPENED YOU HISTORY REWRITING FUCKING LIAR!

There are some AMD specific problems, sure
Which I have found no way to fix. There is some suggestion on the net of try this and that, I have tired literally every single one and didn't get the shit like soft shadows and frame buffer effects to work.

but it's not "just werkz" on Nvidia either
Literally the extent of trouble shooting on old games with nvidia for me has been "enable windows xp or some other comparability mode" and that's it, it works.

Every week you have some new bullshit lying slimy tactic that you spam.
I have brought up REAL issues I have had to face after getting a AMD gpu. I have spent no less than a FUCKING week trying to troubleshoot some of these games.
I had none of these fucking problems and in fact the best "troubleshooting fix" is to just fucking take out the AMD GPU and stick in my old nvidia GPU in.
It's literally the most secure and fastest way to trouble shoot all of the problems, compatibility issues and performance issues for old games.
Unfortunately the fastest solution is still too slow, as taking the pc apart, putting it back together and uninstalling and installing new drivers in a clean form takes time.

And yet every time all of this is brought up, you say "you were BTFO last time", every time you have NO FUCKING ANSWER other than "in the imaginary past you were BTFO"

It fucking disgusts me to my core as a human being that there is such a fucking amd shill out there, that keeps this kind of damage control constant, just so people would be less aware of issues.

Attached: sleeptightfaggot.webm (138 KB, 854x480)

Liam Rodriguez
Liam Rodriguez

I want to play Arma 2 mostly, it’s a bit older and doesn’t play nice on AMD CPUs
proof? With 1903?

The CPU is running at 4.8ghz and has very good ram with it,
Doesn't matter. Many tests prove that even a 5GHz 7600k/6600k with fast RAM will stutter like shit in dozens of games.
I plan to upgrade to a used 8700k(trivial to mod z170 board for it) when 10th gen launches and drops used prices on it.
That's hilarious, considering it uses a lot more power than the 3600, performs virtually the same, yet is never going to be that cheap. Look at what used 4790k and 7700k still go for. That shit is price fixed.

But whatever. Upgrade your GPU and when you see the stutters you'll know why.

If it's only 15% more than the 5700XT, go for it.

Kayden Sanders
Kayden Sanders

tfw upgrading from a 280x to a 5700XT
tfw not an impulsive buyer and I'm gonna enjoy a massive improvement

Attached: 1376176894192.jpg (778 KB, 2736x2052)

Caleb Sanchez
Caleb Sanchez

660p is cheap af and large tho. 2tb one is priced less than a sata ssd and better perf

hdd

Levi Taylor
Levi Taylor

is to just fucking take out the AMD GPU and stick in my old nvidia GPU in.
so is it confirmed that those issues are specific to new radeons and not just the newest graphic cards in general? maybe it works on you old nvidia, bacause it's just old? I'm willing to pay extra for 2070 SUPER even when it probably won't be as future proof as 5700 XT, if it means less problems in older games

Jonathan Gray
Jonathan Gray

hey man no need for that I'm just explaining the reasoning behind my choices as I did actual research before posting. I'm not unreasonable. Can you please show me some of those tests? I've had a lot of trouble finding comparisons between modern ryzen and 9th gen Intel vs 6600k/7600k/i3 8350k @5ghz with 3200cl14/3600 cl16

Easton Russell
Easton Russell

What is the absolute best 32gb RAM setup for under 300$?
Haven’t decided on and or intel, just want the best for either platform.
Please don’t talk shit about pricing I don’t give a fuck I just want the best possible specs in 2019.

Jacob Sullivan
Jacob Sullivan

newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232218

Ryan Bennett
Ryan Bennett

and crashing after 30 minutes of gaming
citation needed

Isaac Hall
Isaac Hall

Same here
I'm doubling my performance in what I'm buying
Although with my new computer I'm going to slowly upgrade something every 2 years so I can reduce the price by selling my parts second hand because my current pc is nearly worthless

Samuel Edwards
Samuel Edwards

so is it confirmed that those issues are specific to new radeons and not just the newest graphic cards in general?
It's a driver issue, not a GPU issue.
Amd if they wanted could fix it easily with drivers, and in fact people have asked them to.
Some of the older drivers for instance let you play Generals without crashing, but then they moved to newer drivers and just removed that shit. OH and just so you know that was specific to generals running, it does not fix framerate issues in other games or utilization problems. Doesn't fix things like certain video effects not working either, but at least it shows that older drives can make certain games run.
And thus it's a driver issue.
Amds response was
games are too old and not work our time to fix.
They literally don't care. Which is a stark contrast to the "fine whine" meme, where amd fags pretend that automatically the more time passes, the better AMD drivers get. While in reality some shit never gets fixed and they just move on to the newest games.

maybe it works on you old nvidia, bacause it's just old? I'm willing to pay extra for 2070 SUPER even when it probably won't be as future proof as 5700 XT, if it means less problems in older games
I don't believe so, but don't take my word or anybody else on it. Search the webm, put 2060 or 2070 and "issue with old games" or even the games mentioned.
Specifically search for any games you personally care about.

Good luck user.

Aaron Morales
Aaron Morales

Search the webm,
heh, I meant web.

Attached: 1408227430726.jpg (121 KB, 768x720)

Easton Baker
Easton Baker

as someone who's stuck with an RX 460 until Christmas and has an R5 3600, what's the best thing to pair

has a 900p monitor

Justin Watson
Justin Watson

14-14-14-34
Is that desirable?

Ryder Edwards
Ryder Edwards

corelet
lmao stutter fest

Jace Sanders
Jace Sanders

Yes, it's Samsung b-die.

Isaac James
Isaac James

thanks!

Ryder Murphy
Ryder Murphy

anyone? primarily using this for VM simulations of programs, and gaming on the side.

Jack Collins
Jack Collins

I wish to have a silent workstation. I bought a 3600X. I would use the NH-U12A but I can’t find it anywhere. Would pairing a NH-D15 with a 3600X be overkill?

Landon Moore
Landon Moore

Would pairing a NH-D15 with a 3600X be overkill?
Oh nooo, it will run almost passive with minimal sound under load. How will you ever live that down.

Gavin Jackson
Gavin Jackson

Strictly superior to second gen ryzen in GTA V, Witcher 3, BF1, total war, doom, overwatch.
Higher averages, higher minimums.
The 2600X stutters more.
If I'm wrong prove it because all of the data I have seen so far says I'm not and I would rather have a ryzen for any number of reasons but it has to make sense for the money.

Isaac Johnson
Isaac Johnson

Will I be able buy a gpu, take off the heat sink and put on a better one?
(Same brand, card etc but different heat sinks)
What about doing a dual fan to triple fan?

David Collins
David Collins

I am looking for a new monitor to join the old one. I had 2 previously but the second one was old and small (desk size restrictions which no longer matter) and my work wanted to offer me a new second monitor cause working with a single one is very annoying if you run things like Maya.

Currently I have a Dell P2210 (16:10 1680x1050) screen and it is 90 degrees tillable so I am thinking of turning it on the side as the new secondary monitor. I'll let my work buy a nice monitor to use as my main.

Since I presume the system will not instantly recognize the tilted screen is there anything that I need to keep recon with? Is this something you easily adjust in Windows? Or do I need something extra?

Christopher Davis
Christopher Davis

there are third party coolers you can buy depending on your gpu.

James Morris
James Morris

searched youtube for arma 2 ryzen. Had someone running it on a 1700x at 60fps fine it seemed.
There's not a lot of results so what gives you the idea that Ryzen is bad for it?

Camden Russell
Camden Russell

my old 2600k could manage it but the nvidia gpu did most of the heavy lifting. with a rx 480 the cpu was almost maxed out.

Nathan Hall
Nathan Hall

why the fuck is the 3900X out of stock since release date in Yupoor? is it a top binned chip or something?

Attached: ballmermad.jpg (78 KB, 450x300)

Kayden Collins
Kayden Collins

Not in bf1 multiplayer, my 7600k stuttered and 100% usage
Moved to 2600 minimums over doubled

Adrian Foster
Adrian Foster

the cooler is pointless. 3700x comes with a great cooler
32gb ram is pointless for gaming. get 16gb
2070 is pointless. get a 2070 super or 5700xt

Juan Williams
Juan Williams

-Dont bother with the separate cooler unless you plan on overclocking.
-Go with 16gb of memory instead of 32
-Use the money you save on those things to get a 2070 Super

Hunter Torres
Hunter Torres

Few questions Jow Forumsents.
Is this close to ideal ram for the new Ryzen cpus?
Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, PC4-28800 (3600), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 18-22-22-42, XMP 2.0, 1.35V
£160 for 32gb, I definitely want 32 gb btw. Also considering getting 2 x 16gb stcks instead of 4x8gb.

Also looking to refresh my PSU and not using my trusty Corsair 600 watt bronze. (been fine for many years btw)
650W EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1+, Full Modular, 80PLUS Gold, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 54A, 135mm Fan, ATX PSU
£65

All bias aside, do you think 9900k or 3900x? I heard about 9900k temps but these new Ryzen chips seem hot af sometimes with how they handle voltages etc (probably be rectified down the line obviously) and unpredictable.
Both around the same price, 9900k cheaper.

Any major downsides to going 3900x instead of 3700x/3600? Other than money lel
I don't want to side grade you see, I use my computer for a variety of tasks, so I will notice the strengths/weaknesses of whatever I get.

If I fucked up in my items I picked, any advice would be greatly appreciated in terms of PSU and ram. I don't get all this e-die and b-die stuff desu.
Is

Owen Anderson
Owen Anderson

3900x is hotter than 9900k

Hudson Kelly
Hudson Kelly

Brilliant, insightful and useful input

Lincoln Stewart
Lincoln Stewart

I’m planning to buy an expensive desktop computer. It’s got rtx2080ti, i9, 32gb. My question is, how long until it stops working from programed obsolescence?

Brandon Ramirez
Brandon Ramirez

Tempting to dip into the second hand market while buzz is high for a new range of cpus.

Joseph Baker
Joseph Baker

Get 2x16GB. It'll be less load on the memory controller meaning easier to get to advertised speeds plus easier to overclock or tighten timings. Don't know if that particular Corsair kit is a good overclocker though. If there's a Crucial Ballistix Sport LT kit that has AES in the model # then that's Micron E-Die.

Get the 3900X and call it a day.

Dylan Powell
Dylan Powell

660p
3000MHz in lieu of 3200MHz
2070s instead of 5700xt

Attached: 1526938820474.jpg (76 KB, 684x546)

Hunter Lewis
Hunter Lewis

I've got a dilemma. Do I spend $300+ leaf bucks on a Dancase A4/Louqe Ghost S1 or spend that money on a 35mm f2 prime lens for my Fuji mirrorless? Do I Jow Forums or /p/?

Connor Davis
Connor Davis

I've got a 7600k and I'm not geting any stutters in any of the games I play (I don't play any ubi games that apparently hate 4c/4t though)
that or I'm just blind

Nicholas Morgan
Nicholas Morgan

well if you don't play action games like bayo or shooters like doom I guess it doesn't matter but it's still so smooth that it's more enjoyable even for graphical games like witcher, gta and cyberpunk

Christopher Taylor
Christopher Taylor

Could be an ignorance is bliss situation. Don't fall into the upgrade trap if you don't notice anything wrong or feel like there's anything wrong.

Colton Peterson
Colton Peterson

3900X. Better perf/watt, security, never know if you'll pick up a hobby which uses more cores, better in the most demanding games like KCD, etc.
Any major downsides to going 3900x instead of 3700x/3600
Some benchmarkers showed performance regression with the 3900X worse than the 3700X, but that seems to be a bug with FCLK breaking from MCLK which will be fixed in BIOS. Jayz2cents did a test with locking the FCLK to MCLK, and the performance gains are significant (~10%) and don't have that regression issue.

What games?
Some are fine on 4c/4t. Like IIRC the new DmC runs fine on that, and so do pretty much all the "esports" games.
Some games are insufferable, even with a 5GHZ OC, and will constantly dip to 30fps or worse.
I had to close out my web browser even to play very light games on my 2500k. a 7600k is not that much better.

John Martinez
John Martinez

what are the working b450s/x470s right now
inb4 some /v/*ddit nigger says "just get one with flash bro"

Jose Smith
Jose Smith

seething

Attached: cpu-temperature.png (39 KB, 500x530)

Brody White
Brody White

rule of thumb seems to be to synchronize FCLK and Memory speed, and do not set it at auto.

Asher White
Asher White

Eastern Euro toilet cleaner here. Can I get some feedback on this build:
Ryzen 3600
MSI B450 Tomahawk
cheapest set of 2 x 8GB 3200Mhz CL16 memory sticks I can find
Palit GameRock RTX 2070 Super
Crucial MX500 500GB
550W Gold PSU
I was planning on getting the AOC C24G1 with it.

Attached: slavpunk2.jpg (192 KB, 1600x1200)

William Allen
William Allen

I didn’t say anything to seethe you mouth breathing spastic the comment was about how useless your commentary is

Grayson Phillips
Grayson Phillips

The most demanding games I've played are probably Mordhau, For Honor, Dragon Quest XI and I guess Dark Souls 3. Stable 60fps, and I haven't tried since I pushed my monitors to 75hz but I think I'd be fine.

Austin Bell
Austin Bell

user says 9900k is hot
correct him and prove 3900x is hotter
useless
don't get mad ryzen is hotter

Carson Morris
Carson Morris

tight budget
buying nvidia in 2016+3
what did you mean by this?

Colton Thompson
Colton Thompson

prove 3900x is hotter
Nobody is denying Zen 2 runs how, but it's probably good to use something believable. There is no way in a billion eternities that a 9900k ran at 57c under any kind of load, even with an industrial chiller.

Jonathan Thompson
Jonathan Thompson

Correct.
It is a bug in the BIOS that auto isn't syncing it, though.

Would go for 1TB, at least in the US it's only like 50% more money for double the storage, but otherwise good.

for honor definitely runs a shitload better with at least 6c/12t, but yeah still does 60fps fine on 4c/4t.
But part of it can be placebo of the fps counter which is averaged out over many frames, while you're just somehow not noticing the stutters themselves.

proof
a dubious test that no one else has replicated

Attached: dumb-shill(Thermaltake-Water-360).jpg (132 KB, 800x647)

Parker Cooper
Parker Cooper

ugh, fine
what's a good desktop mic

Nicholas Clark
Nicholas Clark

The person who originally was commenting on the 9900 and 3900 already said they are both hot you add nothing to the discussion don’t help anyone you just stroke your intel branded cock and entice easily wound up retards like myself into arguing. I have a 6600k and have done for years I do t give a fuck about intel or amd but I do care about people manipulating others for no reason other than lols.

Nathan Davis
Nathan Davis

what's the deal with the b450 now?
i was about to get a tomahawk with a 3700x but it seems it got some problems?
What's the alternative?

Anthony Sanders
Anthony Sanders

Ok lads, thanks, I'll have to get a shopping list going.

Attached: 1526450687608.jpg (170 KB, 657x527)

Connor Hall
Connor Hall

Zen+/Zen doesn't have FClock settings, right?

Bentley Sullivan
Bentley Sullivan

There are some hit or miss teething issues with the BIOS that would likely be fixed by the time you had it delivered.

Dylan Reyes
Dylan Reyes

wait for Tomahawk Max. Or RMA the damn thing. I'm sure you'd get the same Max SKU if you complain enough.

Kayden Martin
Kayden Martin

It should on the newest BIOS.

There are early BIOS issues which should get resolved.

Nicholas Hall
Nicholas Hall

It doesn't.
The fclk settings are only exposed with a Zen2 chip installed.

Caleb Walker
Caleb Walker

I'm pretty retarded with PCs but I'm upgrading from an older motherboard with an i5 4690k.
Will be using it for gaming, streaming, music. Play a lot of CPU intensive games, mil sims, total war games. Want great performance.
Budget is £800 max. I already have the 1070, the m.2 275gb ssd, the RAM, and the PSU.

Here's my intentions for the parts:
uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/jackmoore04/saved/#view=mrcBZL

Is this a decent build for the next 5 years? Is the motherboard ok? Would I be better with Intel? Is the 2700x worth it vs the 2700? Will having 2 m.2ssds be a problem? I'm so bad with this stuff. Am I being efficient with my money? Waiting for prime day tomorrow to buy.

Ethan Evans
Ethan Evans

Having to fiddle with the gpu and perhaps messing something up, instead of having something working out of the box.

Grayson Miller
Grayson Miller

I'd been considering a used 6700 or 6700k since like that I wouldn't have to change my mobo and here they're considerably cheaper than 7700/7700k, but I honestly don't really need it. So far games run fine, my work doesn't really need much horsepower and even then it's mostly single core. I'll probably switch to Ryzen 4000 (or next gen intel who knows) in a few years, but I'm doing okay now.
I used to play For Honor at 40fps on full low on a 960m + 6300hq, and even then until late 2016 I had an i3 3110m and a 520mx, so my 7600k still feels pretty sanic.

Asher Peterson
Asher Peterson

900p

Attached: 1559058213325.jpg (22 KB, 225x268)

Jackson Russell
Jackson Russell

Ah. I read that people were assuming the FCLK/MCLK desync was a bug with XMP on zen and zen+, but weren't able to confirm it until now. But the implication was they were confirming it on Zen2 only.

Not worth it with how much hyperthreading performance has been gimped, and the 3600 is better and so cheap.
3600+b450 board is going to cost around the same as a 6700k alone.

Matthew Hughes
Matthew Hughes

shills telling people to wait for bios fix
all mobos are already on 1.0.0.3ab which is the correct version
Stop giving fake hopes that zen2 will be fixed. It is supposed to run like dogshit.

Owen Bennett
Owen Bennett

What the fuck are you on about retard. The BIOS problems we are talking about are on X470 and below, barely any of which have 1.0.0.3AB

Christian Davis
Christian Davis

the GPU is the last thing I'll be upgrading so it'll have to be a holdover, but my little sister will inherit the old Ryzen 3 1200, so I'll be buying either a 1660 or a RX 570.

Aiden Harris
Aiden Harris

max refresh between 100hz and 144hz
21:9
hardware pbp, does not require windows only software
pbp can be x2 10.5:9 or 5:9, 16:9
freesync that works when pbp is active
bonus if it has a usb or kvm switch but not required
IPS or VA
ideally under $1000
Is there a monitor like this?

John Rogers
John Rogers

Here the 3600 is a whole hundred more yuros than the 2600, so I'll probably get one of those if my 7600k dies, I've already got decent ram too. (3000 c15). It was a few months back that I was considering a used 6700, there were a bunch for around 150€, which was cheaper than the 2600 at the time, and before the latest security issues.

Christopher Wilson
Christopher Wilson

My shitty b450 mortar has it and didn't fix a damn thing
Those who already don't have this version will never have it because the bios storage is not enough, hence why the release new motherboards.
You are doomed to have gimped performance now for falling for the "muh am4 compatibility" meme

Landon Walker
Landon Walker

Why would you get a 9700K?
Do you have a specific use-case where it excels?

Jackson Lopez
Jackson Lopez

Yeah shut the fuck up retard you have literally no idea what you're talking about.
Like how the fuck do you think the mortar can have it but a pro carbon can't? Makes zero sense.
Try actually explain your "problems".

William Ross
William Ross

1080p 144hz

Is 1660ti the best card in the $250-$270 range? Just got a 3600 and want something decent that I can wait like two years to upgrade

Alexander Mitchell
Alexander Mitchell

Read the news retard. They are releasing new b450 boards because the old ones can't support the correct bios

Cooper Cruz
Cooper Cruz

X570 motherboard that has 3 m.2 drives ?

Jordan Rogers
Jordan Rogers

buying the 3600x
Why does the 3600x even exist?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (38 KB, 480x360)

Luke Taylor
Luke Taylor

No you fuckstick. The new ones will only have the flashy bios UI back and support shitty obsolete APUs nobody owns.
NOTHING ELSE
THERE IS NO PERFORMANCE LOSS
16MB IS PLENTY FOR ANY FUTURE AGESA
STOP BEING DUMB YOU FUCK

Nolan Flores
Nolan Flores

the problem literally is being resolved, the only real thing that's going to be done is a compromise, and you are crying because you're losing the fancy GUI.

The only fucking reason why everyone is crying is not the size of the EEPROM, it's the fucking UI, which is hilarious because everyone in Jow Forums should be assumed to have experience using the legacy BIOS for fucking once their lives.

Nathaniel Hall
Nathaniel Hall

Are there any companies I can get to build my PC if I buy components separately?
Maybe a chain of brand cuz there’s no way I’m going to some shitty side store

Connor Lee
Connor Lee

At least it actually does exist, unlike the 3800X.

Caleb Peterson
Caleb Peterson

If you've bought the parts then you've already done the hardest part
Just play tetris yourself

Xavier Cooper
Xavier Cooper

Oh yeah I wonder why most people complain getting red cpu lights then lol

Jason Perez
Jason Perez

Look, if I’m spending thousands on components then I want someone else to be liable for the setup. I have no issues paying more for someone competent to do it for me, since I am a brainlet.

Kevin Harris
Kevin Harris

max refresh between 100hz and 144hz
nope
gotta downgrade either to 60Hz or 1440p
the technology isn't here yet

Brandon Miller
Brandon Miller

Are you afraid to go to the toilet by yourself too?

Isaiah Roberts
Isaiah Roberts

nigga
amazon.com/dp/B07F1VGGLK/?tag=pcpapi-20

Josiah Wilson
Josiah Wilson

got one because it only was 20$ more than the non X and it OC better

Christopher Foster
Christopher Foster

No because going to the toilet doesn’t potentially cost me 3 grand you pretentious twat.
Are there companies I can hire to do assembly for me or not?

Adam Miller
Adam Miller

just DIY you impotent nig/g/er

Grayson Watson
Grayson Watson

So you're literally just parroting shit you've read, don't actually have any problems yourself do you?
In fact you don't even own one, do you?

Samuel Martinez
Samuel Martinez

enjoy it when it'll fry in a year

Joshua Peterson
Joshua Peterson

I have better things to do than jeopardise my investments because of anons on Jow Forums

Austin Hall
Austin Hall

OC better
lol what
there is no headroom, it doesn't OC at all.

Leo Jackson
Leo Jackson

I'm torn between these for an R7 3700X with 3200Mhz CAS16:

Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO - 116€
VS
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC - 140€

I know the MSI has better VRM and WiFi/BT.
I don't need the WiFi/BT and according to the chart bellow, the Gigabyte can perfectly handle an overclocked 3700X.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

The board is also going to be used with an R5 1600X for a while.
Does the Gigabyte have any compatibility problems with 1st and 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs that I should be aware of, or should I go with the MSI?

Attached: 2018070416373082-src.png (303 KB, 1000x1000)

Jaxson Scott
Jaxson Scott

Wait for new motherboards.
Old ones are gimped

Ryder Reyes
Ryder Reyes

Hudson Morris
Hudson Morris

Are there any reputable brands I can hire to do stupid shit like assembly and cable management or not?

Charles Collins
Charles Collins

not that i know of
i usually do it meself or use internet for infos

Adrian Adams
Adrian Adams

That's a no-brainer for the cooler alone but it's not that cheap elsewhere.

Jeremiah Nguyen
Jeremiah Nguyen

Old ones are gimped
Do you mean X570 mobos? Those are much more expensive.
What do you mean gimped? Are you talking about the bugged BIOS?

Sebastian Price
Sebastian Price

I know in Canada, retailers like Canada Computer and Memory Express give you the option to pay for assembly of your PC. It think it's $50 service.

Ryder Lopez
Ryder Lopez

Do you know if they will assemble units that weren’t ordered on their site or is that what you meant ?

Nathaniel Kelly
Nathaniel Kelly

No, some b450/x470 can't support new bios

Gavin Thompson
Gavin Thompson

i preorder this monitor because it looks amazing

Attached: Screenshot-20190714-143935-Amazon-Shopping.jpg (1.09 MB, 1440x2960)

Ryder Fisher
Ryder Fisher

Well, I checked and both boards support all the Ryzen 3000 CPUs.

Evan Rodriguez
Evan Rodriguez

fuck off pajeet shill

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit