Attached: serveimage.png (802x481, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

leanprover.github.io/theorem_proving_in_lean/
adam.chlipala.net/cpdt/
youtube.com/watch?v=bTLc_9buWLQ
home.sandiego.edu/~shulman/papers/trinity.pdf#page=23
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Proof of Lemma

Let us define a model N = (λ, RN ) by: RN = {(α0, . . . , αk) : αi < λ and i1 < i2 ≤ k = αi1 6= αi2 mod n and i1 < i2 ≤ k = (∃β)(αi1 < nβ ≤ αi2 ∨ αi2 < nβ ≤ αi1 )}. By definition RN is irreflexive, symmetric, and (k + 1)-ary. Let us first show that if w ∈ [λ] n+1 then w is not a complete RN-hypergraph. If |w| = n + 1, for some α1 6= α2 ∈ w we have α1 = α2 mod n. Choose v ⊆ w such that α1 ∈ v, α2 ∈ v, and |v| = k + 1. Then by definition R cannot hold on {α : α ∈ v}, so w cannot be a complete R-hypergraph. So N is a submodel of some N0 |= Tn,k of cardinality λ.
Second, let us show that if F : [λ] k [λ] we have (β < nγ + n) ∧ (γ < nβ + n)
>and γ ∈ F({nα0 + i0, . . . , nαk−1 + ik−1})}

As we have assumed (λ, k, µ) n, there is w1 = {α ∗ i : i < n} such that α ∗ 0 < · · · < α∗ n−1 < λ and for all v ∈ [n] k , w1 6⊆ F1({α ∗ : ∈ v}). Define βi = nα∗ i + i for i < n and let w2 = {βi : i < n}, and let us show w2 is as required for F. First, trivially |w2| = n, as |w1| = n. Second, by definition of RN above, w2 is a complete RN-hypergraph. Third, let us show that if u ∈ [w2] k and w2 ⊆ F(u) then we get a contradiction. Let v ∈ [n] k be such that u = {βi : i ∈ v}. Then u1 := {α ∗ i : i ∈ v} ∈ [w1] k and w1 ⊆ F(u1). [This is because for each α ∗ i , i < n we presently have βi ∈ F(u) so there is an element

>γ ∈ F({nα∗ 0 + 0, . . . , nα∗ k−1 + (k − 1)}) = F(β0, . . . , βk−1)

(1/2)

(2/2)

such that (α ∗ i < nγ + n) ∧ (γ < nα∗ i + n), namely γ = βi , which belongs to F(β0, . . . , βk−1) since F is a strong set mapping. This contradicts the choice of w1. We have shown that for all u ∈ [w2] k , w2 6⊆ F(u), so w2 is as required which completes the proof.

What are you proving here user?

Teach me how

Yes but not with a computer, there is no general algorithm for proving a theorem and Gödel said its impossible anyway. I do it by hand.

While Gödel's theorems do say that there are true theorems which cannot be proved in a sufficiently strong axiomatic theory, this has nothing to do with formal proofs.

A formal proof is orders of magnitude more trustworthy than a conventional handwritten proof.

leanprover.github.io/theorem_proving_in_lean/

that he can do something you can't. proofs are pointless irl. closest thing to them is static testing of kode.

Do you have some resources on coq?
I want to get started but I can't into the syntax and basic approach for getting things done.

I want to read convex optimization papers andet the machine do the math to verify the bounds are correct.

What's a theorem?

There's this theorem stating that OP is always a faggot and well you are definitely another faggot.

> A formal proof is orders of magnitude more trustworthy than a conventional handwritten proof.
In theory maybe. There's never been a serious issue with a result that was accepted on the basis on a faulty proof in practice.

That your mom's a hoe

adam.chlipala.net/cpdt/

Oh yes there has. I have personally found a number of mistakes in published research when trying to formalize proofs in research papers, back when I was doing research on the practicality of large-scale application of proof checkers.

I use SPARK.

a pile of axioms.

youtube.com/watch?v=bTLc_9buWLQ

A basic level of mathematical maturity is assumed.

>knowing an algorithmic statement is absolutely true or absolutely false is useless
are you high?

>not with a computer
currently, sure. but there is nothing stopping a sufficiently advamced computer from performing thr same proofs we humans can perform.

Logical foundations is best book. Went through every exercise in that baby.

oh, please. how often do you encounter problems that require you to check validity of algorithms when developing software? it could be important for some researcher who works on quantum computers or something but not for your average Jow Forumsentooman.

Attached: 1562005087422.jpg (661x805, 122K)

I could've told you that from experience, nigger

Who are you quoting?

And a level of tolerance for people who have used too many drugs.

I did in my bachelor's thesis at university. It was fun, but I haven't used Coq again since that.

If they're as ugly and unrepresentable as first and second posts, no thank you. I'd rather read and find errors in human-written publications.

>a sufficiently advamced computer
Ah yes Brute Force™. A computer cannot perform the basic algorithm of the logical resolution method, let alone prove an arbitrary theorem without 'hints'.

>no general algorithm for proving a theorem
>the basic algorithm of the logical resolution method
uh huh

>There's never been a serious issue with a result that was accepted on the basis on a faulty proof in practice.
well seriousness is subjective but here's an example of an issue

home.sandiego.edu/~shulman/papers/trinity.pdf#page=23

and good luck informally verifying the stuff of pic related

Attached: dn26753-1_1200.jpg (1200x1392, 67K)