/hglt/ - Hostile GNU/Linux Thread

Welcome to /hglt/ - Hostile GNU/Linux Thread.

Users of all levels are welcome to rant about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be hostile, notice the "Hostile" in every Hostile GNU/Linux Thread ***

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install Gentoo
1) Kill yourself

Resources: Please spend at least a minute to check a web search engine with your question. You won't find the answer anyway, but feel free to try.

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 6K)

>Hostile GNU/Linux Thread
Use arch or die slowly please, low IQ distros need not apply.

Attached: c236f81b5d3171a57f71ecf61ec5ccf496f33fd69582762ae869582194f034e0.jpg (847x821, 107K)

Start with yourself, arch nigger. Void is better because it's not reliant on potteting's shitstaind like arch does

>systemd is bad because Jow Forums tells me it's bad
I hear Jow Forums also thinks breathing is bloat.

>>systemd is bloat
Fuck off, I can't stand systemd because imlennart hates tradition and it likes to hang on shutdown for me for five minutes
And before you ask, I use steam, mozarella firedoggo and other bloated and non-free programs in my install, like minecraft.

>minecraft
>not minetest
off yourself, emerge

>likes to hang on shutdown
Why shut it down, it's not like it needs to be rebooted every day, you're not running windows

Drop Linux, use BSD it is much better

Are you still using autist neet distros user? Opensuse is the only sane choice for professionals who need a polished experience.

Attached: 1506853868541.jpg (640x410, 42K)

Because I suck with acoustics and my computer is loud.

>not minetest
I have tried that shit, and it has a special place in my heart but the engine is unpolished and MTG has no lasting appeal by itself, as well as it being buttfuck ugly, you wont get any new players like this. t. following MT since 0.4.11

>openBSD

>Because I suck with acoustics and my computer is loud.
I live with an R710 running 24/7 in the same room I sleep, you can easily get used to it.

>Using GNU/Linux in 2019
Just use BusyBox/Linux

You penguin fuckers are no better than ipajeets

This, GNU core utils are bloat.

This is why Windows is the 99%.

>Windows
>Take my money, RAM and data, the OS
>Can't even mount partitions to system folders
Have fun re-configuring things when you need to reinstall for the 3rd time this month.

The real /hglt/
Truly a monument to how this place can get.

What would this site be without tribalistic shitposting wars over the most trivial things?

>Can't even mount partitions to system folders
Yep, typical freetard. Why can't you do ANYTHING without hand-holding? It's just stupid all the way down, starting with your app stor^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hpackage repositories, and ending with HOWTO: Turn the computer on without knocking your tower over.

>stor^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hpackage
You're doing it wrong, it's ':wq'

Not anywhere near as much fun - yes, I was the primary shitflinging winanon.

Wouldn't know, haven't needed to use a turdminal in 20 years.

>Wouldn't know, haven't needed to use a turdminal in 20 years.
If vi is that hard, just use nano, the binds are literally listed at the bottom of the screen.

I don't think you understand.
I haven't needed to in 20 years.
Just like (hopefully) you haven't needed to wear a diaper in a similar amount of time.
So, just like wearing a diaper, why would you go back to it if you didn't need to?

No one needs to use the command line, they just do because it's more efficient than waiting for a GUI to load and easier to script for.

Well, this thread is a fucking disappointment. You missed a golden opportunity to get ultra-hostile. went far better in the last thread.
Maybe we can petition the jannies to rename the old thread /hglt/, and name this thread... whatever the fuck the last one was called.

Attached: 1547432433544.jpg (400x382, 55K)

You mouth breathing cock-sucking pedophilic faggots better install fucking Void or I'll find you and I'll rape your fucking dog

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 721K)

>using void
>linux 4.16.4

that better be an old screenshot

You lazy fucks dont even compile your own kernel

Attached: x_2019-06-15-21.00.40.png (1280x800, 14K)

[*]Hebrew

fell for it

Attached: 1533428527997.jpg (680x794, 71K)

No fucking shit. Latest kernel is 5.1.17 dumbass. Learn to google

Which audio player is that?
Looks nice.

Am I the only one that's not braindead enough to install openrc on arch? Been running it this way for almost 2 consecutive years.

enjoy your faggot os

Attached: opensuse.png (547x435, 95K)

You should be not braindead enough to INSTALL GENTOO then