If this isn't you, don't enter my thread

If this isn't you, don't enter my thread.

Attached: scrot.png (746x358, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions
mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2019-14/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can't tell me what to do trannyfox shill.

I SAID

You said what?

Attached: 1560032744633.png (383x412, 232K)

Fuck off. Nightly isn't viable if you compile FF yourself.

PALE MOON SHILLS LEAVE
Fucking why??

>Mozilla Firefox
>Spyware Level: High
Glowniggers get out

>Trannyfox shill accuses others of being Furryfox shills
The absolute state of Mozilla.

Just because it's called Nightly doesn't mean you have to compile it nightly. I compile it once a week and it werks for me.

Unconfirmed rumors.

>he doesn't compile nightly builds every night

Attached: 1558358136817.jpg (400x399, 18K)

Exactly what a glownigger would say.

Come back when I can compile it in portage and get all the same optimizations I currently have from regular ff.

I don't want that level of telemetry OP. I'm used to firefox and all its features but I'm not into the idea of having to contribute anything to mozilla, ever. I want them to do all the work for me for free, that's what they deserve.

woops

Attached: file.png (632x351, 62K)

What's portage?
>same optimizations
Simple enough, -O3 -march=native and PGO. That's all you need.

Portage is Gentoo's package manager

BTW how does one migrate a current installation of stable to nightly without losing anything?

Your user profile folder.

Interesting. I've no idea how it works.
Save your profiles. Or just overwrite the binaries and dynamic libraries.

Copy paste that shit? Aight.

What optimizations is it you can get with release Firefox through Portage but not with nightly Firefox? You can use the mozconfig to specify CFLAGS and enable PGO+LTO.

>specify CFLAGS and enable PGO+LTO.
What is PGO and LTO and how do I enable/utilise them?

LTO=Link Time Optimization, so this is optimization that takes place at link-time whereas CFLAGS (and the rest) are for compile-time

PGO=Profile Guided Optimization, basically some optimizations are only possibly if the compiler knows what the program will do during execution so first you compile a debug version that gathers a lot of data, then you run the program in a way that represents typical use (for Firefox it runs some benchmarks) and then you compile the program again using this data to get a build, that if you did things right, will be slightly faster than without PGO

If you're using binary version (pre-compiled) it's already enabled and there's nothing you need to do.

Attached: Opera.png (1200x1185, 45K)

Chinese botnet

What are the advantages over the stable or beta?

Not once did I manage to compile Nightly with PGO.

Affirmative. But how do I actually make use of them? I've the source code at hand.

How long ago was it? How did you enable PGO?

PGO = add ac_add_options MOZ_PGO=1 to mozconfig
LTO = add ac_add_options --enable-lto=thin to mozconfig

I was under the impression I must build firefox with PGO and LTO, use it for 15-20 minutes, then rebuild it with the optimisations database.

just get the nightly binary from mozzila nigger

I'm IP banned from their website

--enable-lto=thin basically just adds -flto=thin to CFLAGS. By default Firefox is built with Clang. Gentoo can build with GCC but I haven't figured out how because if I simply change CC and CXX it won't work... as for PGO, if you set MOZ_PGO=1 it first compiles Firefox, then launches various benchmarks to gather profile data and finally recompiles Firefox using the profile data. You can of course do this manually if you want and maybe do more representative real-world use than benchmarks.

Oh cool so it's automatic. Based.

Unless you take the steps to set it to have no unsolicited connections with a user.js so your settings persist across updates. Or you can use a shitty fork with slower security updates being downstream or go with the botnet known as Chrome.

I'm in your thread teehee

Attached: untitled.png (386x136, 8K)

story

I dont use firefox because I compile chromium with vaapi (hardware video acceleration) which firefox doesnt have,

Read this if you're serious about building it from source: developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions

It takes a while to build because with PGO you have to compile it twice. My old Phenom II X4 does it in ~4 hours. Gonna upgrade to Ryzen just want to wait a month or two for initial Zen 2 bugs to be fixed.

youtube-dl+mpv, you scrub and throw in torsocks for extra autism points

aahahahah

Attached: Untitled.png (896x314, 13K)

IceCat is the only right choice if you must run anything related to Firefox.

Outdated and slow

Outdated how? It works with every site and is more secure. Not slow for me and actually faster than Ungoogled Chrome.

>faster than Ungoogled Chrome
Holy shit no. How do I know it contains all the security patches?

When FF Beta was on v65 to v67. I enabled it the same way you described.

Its too autistic when you can just go on a website, search for the video and watch it with hwaccel.

That's idiotic. Why not just wget .html's while you're at it?

A lot of updates for any program are bullshit that don't affect 99% of the users. Most are bullshit translation fixes, useless features that aren't even exposed unless you dig deep into hidden settings, or spyware/tracking disgused as critical fixes.

Yes, it's faster than Ungoogled Chrome with the same add-ons as Chrome will legit hang when opening a tab in the background.

Can you upload your benchmark methods, I'd love to test it out on my machine where scrolling around on Jow Forums's catalog is a slideshow.

mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2019-14/
This is the security patches that were done in the latest ESR release. Icecat was 12 days behind Firefox to update. That's not that long, but I rather customize my user.js myself on Firefox to make no unsolicited connections with various fingerprinting mitigations and get security updates when they release. Also I don't need that Icecat add-on bloat. Can you even remove their extensions?

No methods, just didn't notice actual speed differences. Again, IceCat doesn't have any of the issues I had with both ungoogled chrome & Vivaldi with the same exact add-ons. I'd take a slightly slower browser over one that literally hangs for numerous seconds whenever opening a tab in the background.

I don't understand what you're saying. In the background?

opening a tab but having it set so you don't automatically switch focus to that tab. this causes the tab and browser as a whole to hang for numerous seconds on certain sites including Jow Forums catalog view.

What's your CPU and RAM?

It's nightly. Doesn't it just like, crash?

4790k and 32GBs of DDR3 1600, which was basically the best you could get at the time.

>have to restart the browser two times per day to install updates
Pathetic.