RGB Cancer

Why do people do this shit? Lmao imagine having a bunch of queer colors all over your desk for le EPIC gaming ambiance.

What's the purpose of RGBs? They're gaudy shit. Another gimmick for brands to charge more for to conzoomers.

Attached: 16cad61a10d75724e843bd6a7773b2bf.jpg (3264x2448, 1011K)

Because it looks nice.

It adds more FPS to your games

looks nice to the eye i suppose
not everyone wants to live in darkness. open your blinds op

>my only source of light is the gay flag led coming out of my pc

holy shit, do zoomers really do this?

it clearly isnt the only source of light in the image you blind retard

Reminds me of the gays flag so I hate it.

Attached: 1557955787773.jpg (225x225, 6K)

let the people have their fun. there's still normal looking hardware you can buy

>people
gaymers aren’t people

>people

Not only that but all the bling negatively affects hardware performance (see x570 mobos for example).

I bought my RGB mouse because it was cheaper than the non RGB version for some reason, so I think that's the purpose of RGBs.

Everything old is new again.
Lighted up cases was a fad in 2000-2008 or so with PCs. Give it another 2-3 years and it will be dead again for another decade.

why aren't people allowed to like things you don't like ?

How do you turn that stuff off at night is the question.

I admit it can look nice, but it's no different than car RICER stuff. It often looks gaudy and ostentatious, at the cost of money and performance.

I get RGB only when it's the same price (ie. my AIO CPU cooler and keyboard) and it's usually turned off.

only reason the lighting fad of the early 2000s died was because custom pc building died for a while with the advent of smartphones and tablets. if you have custom PCs you have people who want to light them up. deal with it

Just because "people" like it, doesn't mean I can't criticize their shit taste, zoomer.

>. if you have custom PCs you have people who want to light them up.
It never went away, sure, but I'm talking about it being a big selling point and being plastered all over Newegg, etc.

criticize all you want dude. it's just you come off as a bitter no-fun asshole making a thread to complain about something some nebulous group of people who aren't you are doing. why even care at all?

Where do you think you are?

touche'

Attached: 1541034607537.png (648x615, 304K)

I have a RGB keyboard because of the warranty and the form factor.

I typically keep it white or gold or use the wave on key press if I want to feel cool.
To this day I have no fucking idea why niggas want cpu parts to be RBG which cost more and run up the electric bill.
I just want a strong machine in a box that doesn't take up space and I can just pick up and move without worrying about shattering glass.

Like I can only imagine the cringe women feel when they walk into a room like OP.

Attached: A9829C5C-824F-4CA9-B1E8-CF5D87469FF3.jpg (228x224, 14K)

That's why It's purely subjective. I abhor leds as well, but don't care if someone likes them.

>LGBT colors all over his desk
lol.

he was responding to a post that claimed people don't like living in darkness, implying rgb was the only light source. OP image is irrelevant

Dosn't bother me anyway since modern RGB shit can be all turned off since there is actually logic tied to the lighting setups.
Back in the day in the 00s, a lot of colored lighting was hardwired in to fans, etc, there was no programs or off switches, the only way to disable it was to snip wiring. This was annoying since fans and PSUs with lights were usually the cheaper ones, so unless you wanted to spend extra you had to also snip wires when you received your shit.

>I admit it can look nice
Opinion discarded.

I always find it ironic that a bunch of no lifers who spend all day on Jow Forums can accuse anyone, especially normies, of not being human when most of you are subhumans with no social life and most of you will probably kill yourselves within a few years.

That was kind of uncalled for.

Uh oh, someones RGB's are turning red!

>LED's on cars
>everyone is okay
>LED's on PCS
>GAYMER REEEEEEEEEE

it's a geek thing. They're salty that jocks are now taking over their SEKRIT KLUB

Back in early 00s you had to go out of your way to find the led stuff (or cold cathodes). Nowadays everything is covered in that shit up to the point where it negatively affects hardware performance (along with airflow blocking plastic shrouds etc).

>>LED's on cars
>>everyone is okay
That's a pretty baseless assumption, zoomer.
They're both ugly as shit.
Only Asians and Indians with a 200X Nissan do that level of trash ricing.

At least back then it was something people modded into their cases. They even cut the windows themselves before windowed cases started appearing.

I wouldn't mind discreet lighting effects like having small LEDs indicate CPU and GPU activity and things like that, but these RGB things are just gaudy.

>there's still normal looking hardware you can buy
And it's usually more expensive, now. I bought an Asus ws x570 ace because every board, be it x370, x470, or x570, has gay ass fuck rgb shit on it.

>>LED's on cars
Huh, NO.

>tfw still want to rice out a car because of nfs underground 2

>nfs underground 2
that's a good game. NFS is shit now.

>wojack
Still, you're right. Noctua used to be top-end but since they're tired the beige-brown, they got fucked in the RGB era.
They're quite cheap now actually.

Man I'm so tired of this bullshit, just ignore it if you don't like.
Same reason why cards have neon and people put neons in their PCs in the 90's.

That feeling when you're colorblind and all you see in those lights is an annoyance.

it's nerds losing their "life" to trends that jocks made, and they're REEEEEING over it.

Because it's a zoomer thing to do.

Attached: 1555368049304.gif (350x409, 437K)

>le fusroda guy for extra upvotes

Wipe your tears, zoomer.

>actual sane people pick one color and stop there.
>memelords think they cycle the colors.
imagine having low iq and not realizing that colored LED's on desktops were already a thing back in the 2000's RGB is just so that people will have granular control which color it projects, not to cycle unicorn puke.

Though unironically, I'd want the colors of my LED's have the NT-D like effect from Gundam Unicorn.

>attracted to le shiny lights like an insect
>not low iq
lol oh Z00mer!

It's dumb as shit, yeah, one thing is RGB lights projected into the wall so it gives ambiance into the room while listening to music, other thing is ugly af LEDs on le gayming computer which's only purpose is making a computer looking like a dumb toy.
Backlit keyboards can be useful for people who use computer in the dark and need to look at the keys to be able to type, if you are one of those people white is the only reasonable color.

>the dorito dust on his fingers
Nice little detail there

>there's still normal looking hardware you can buy
99% of niche useful products are RGB or Gaymer oriented. I'm honestly glad that we moved away from bland green PCBs, but the soulless gamer branded garbage is a far step down. I just hope that it opens the door to beautiful, simple, functional design.

RGB is not the issue the issue is the faggotry Rainbow LGBT Bullcrap looks gay as fuck RBG is useful when used correctly for example only a single color only.

Attached: H100i_Platinum_Static_White.gif (600x338, 854K)

I wouldn't consider that useful.

It looks nice. That monitor wallpaper is gay. Doing like a black setup with red rgb lights is a good example

not him but that made fucking chuckle, thanks user.

Yea, nothing screams serious gaymer more than some red RGBs.

Why?

How is it useful? What does it improve performance wise? If you took those lights out, nothing would change, except it looking less tacky.

Some blue or white shit are ok. But who the hell want a fucking tecno club at room?

>1200w psu for that config
>even a fucking mousepad is full of rgbt
Why i'm not surprised?

Anything can be overdone, but when done just right it can look really cool.

### Hey Jow Forums i have top news for you.
The real world is not Pokemon.
You can have dirty fingers and even dont have to always smell neutral. Top news incomming.####

cheers for that

The only thing in which having a light system on your computer would be useful, would be to indicate an error. Something like a modern buzzer

>Boot up
>Everything working fine? Blue or green lights
>Is something wrong? Yellow lights
>Any serious fault? Red Lights

Only such a system would do me some internal light on my PC. Otherwise, it is pure gayness.

I'm tired of RGB, I want to make a simple build possibly in a silent case so I don't have a side window.
I just hate the gaymer style

I don't know if it's just the cheap RGBs that came in my keyboard, but they're sometimes shit at producing a nice white like in that image.

>interest in cars started because of a demo of nfsu1
>seriously considering having my car wrapped gold & black because that was how my endgame R34 looked

Because of kids. And yes, you can turn it off, but you'll need to install cancer software most of the time to do so.
The only led thing in my case is the ram, because it was cheaper than the nonled at that time. And since I refuse to install the software, they are blinking out of sync. Thank fuck it's behind my monitor so I can't see it.

>Zoomer! Soi! Reee! Stop liking what I don't like!
Grow up, get a job.

Why do you hate fun?

This rgb junk isn't aimed at people with jobs. Have sex

the only bad thing about this picture is that funk pop figure of redditborn

Buy what you want. Don't buy what you don't want.
Back to the dilation station with you

>What's the purpose of RGBs? They're gaudy shit.

To be fair, when you're a 14 year-old kid that RGB shit probably looks very cool.

Attached: 1430206072115.jpg (610x509, 59K)

You zoomers need a better reply to justify this fag shit.
This just won't cut it.