Facebook tracking in images

twitter.com/oasace/status/1149181539000864769?s=19

Wtf

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-210304_Twitter.jpg (1077x1764, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/31120222/iptc-metadata-automatically-added-to-uploaded-images-on-facebook
wxyz.com/news/national/florida-is-selling-drivers-personal-information-to-private-companies-and-marketing-firms
dailydot.com/debug/fbi-social-media-surveillance/
ponderwall.com/index.php/2019/07/10/uk-law-messaging-privacy/
abc.net.au/news/2019-07-13/what-is-the-alt-left-and-does-it-actually-exist/11287924
hackerfactor.com/blog/index.php?/archives/726-Facebook-Tracking.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is the price we pay for safety against white right wing extremists.

>twitter
>airpods in profile pic
>mac screenshot
>uses facebook
Yeah, i'm sure this guy knows about technology

There's already a thread

It's in the ToS you voluntarily agreed to, Zuckerberg did nothing wrong.

Based Echelon, always ahead of programmers who think they could escape the global botnet.

is he wrong?

unrelated, but how do i use ublock to block this?

don't use faceberg

Took 4 years for some zoomer to tweet that?
stackoverflow.com/questions/31120222/iptc-metadata-automatically-added-to-uploaded-images-on-facebook

I'm more concerned about the government selling my data than using facespace. wxyz.com/news/national/florida-is-selling-drivers-personal-information-to-private-companies-and-marketing-firms

>t. Never met a Russian/Eastern European hacker

They are Chads.

>shocked at a tracking company tracking people
wew

Dumb niggers need to be shot and raped for creating shitty normalfag threads.

Not to worry guys, Mark said the future is private so this will be a thing of the past soon.

>t. never met an eastern european hacker
they're always either sketchy nerds or teenagers who write malware because their area is poor and has few opportunities
t. hung around hackers on irc as a teenager

o k

fpbp

Attached: 35nfpp.jpg (667x500, 63K)

dude, again? this is like the 4th thread about this.
no one cares about that shit, retard. if you care about privacy you simply dont use fecesbook, its as simple as that. now go munch reposted shit somewhere else.

>dude nobody cares what megacorps do with 99% of common users data
>just go twittle your thumbs in your basement and STOP EXPOSING MY COMPANY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1542853715329.jpg (640x640, 55K)

lawsuit facebook :)

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 8K)

In your opinion it is Facebook who implemented this or the NSA ? Not even schizoposting, just curious how private compagnies and governements work together.

Why not just grab a screen shot?
Sorry if I'm dumb I don't use Facebook.

based

lolz

Both but was implemented for Facebook. They use it for tracking, should that photo ever be uploaded again they have the meta data to associate with it, say x person knows y person, determine if it's copyright infringement etc. The FBI and other 3-letter agencies love this shit. See terms and conditions for a picture of how FB and FBI work together.

>im dumb enough to use megacorps botnet
>but i still want privacy
you dumb as fuck boi

Also
dailydot.com/debug/fbi-social-media-surveillance/

>FaceBookInstagram
>FBI
Choose one.

You're still not getting it...

If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear.

Attached: Comfy_Mario.png (500x445, 42K)

Okay Amber.

ponderwall.com/index.php/2019/07/10/uk-law-messaging-privacy/

>Wow, I sure am grateful that we can use this huge global service for free!
- NPC #7145427793

>Post a racist joke in form of a meme or image macro
>Get fucking send to prison for thought crime
Honestly I'm getting panic attacks when thinking about the fucked up times I'm living in.

wouldn't it be pretty much a piece of cake to write a script to "sanitize" every image on your disk say, weekly, of this sort of data? I imagine it would be.

Attached: 1558970127640.jpg (480x360, 52K)

Hey retard.

You don't have any information about what anybody here does in their daily lives. You're an idiot screaming at walls.

but he is an Aussie

should be as easy as just reading the pixel data with an image library and just exporting that back out to desired image format. So you just ignore and don't output any tracking data or other bullshit buried away in the image.

cant tell if joking or lgbtqrstw retarded

Attached: 1559001922065.jpg (667x615, 52K)

just strip the meta data from the pictures

Poe's Law moment here.

Attached: Caution Wet Floor.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

nice meme

Doesn't Jow Forums do literally the same thing.

dilate

shh, it's a secret!

So does iOS and Android. Text boards are the future, for this reason and also because of CP spammers and copyright laws.

Facebook/Google etc. live off tracking people. It's how they make all their money. I would be surprised if the FBI needed to suggest something like this when it's far more likely that a promotion seeking Facebook employee came up with it.

probably, this place exists because certain (((groups))) fund hiro to give them a right wing conservative meme petri dish they can use to figure out how everything started going to shit. probably held a gun to moots head and said gibs me dat 4chin

The hero we need

just in case, how can I remove metadata in a massive batch so I don't have to bother
I do download shit from insta of cute cosplayers
and shitty memes

Still basically Eastern Britain.

You can't tell because there's no hexdump of the image before it was altered by facebook.

Not that I don't believe it, I thought it was common knowledge that facebook would tag your images to see where they end up.

Facebook, duh. The entire business model is tracking user's online activities for more targeted advertisements. Every single page you see with a facebook like button is tracking you, sending what you're doing straight to facebook, for example.

that's what makes it so good

Easy to tell. Get an image, then upload it to Jow Forums. Redownload this image. If the md5 of each image are different, Jow Forums has altered them. Do a hexdump and you can see where the images have been altered.
Doing it to this one.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. - 02 [720p]_00:10:14_05.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

The md5s are exactly the same for the pre-uploaded image and the downloaded one. Jow Forums is not tracking you by altering images.

brainlet here, I went to look at a pic I downloaded from insta and it does have the FBMD but it also says "Photoshop"
why? does photoshop add this to the metadata of photos?

Attached: 2019-07-14 23_13_48-IrfanView HEXView.png (141x133, 3K)

Attached: 1549647569340.jpg (680x907, 158K)

There are different blocks of structured data in images; different companies came up with their own standards, and they have their own headers to identify them.

Adobe just picked "Photoshop" as the identifier for their structured data.

We know.
It's old news

nevermind, checked a ton and every single one from instagram had "photoshop" in it's metadata
but would that mean that only images saved from photoshop have it? why would an instagram add it to a photo?

wut about this one?

Attached: 2019-07-14 23_26_37-IrfanView HEXView.png (142x946, 21K)

>why would an instagram add it to a photo?

Because they are using one of the metadata fields that Adobe wrote the spec for, and it needs to go in the "Photoshop" block.

abc.net.au/news/2019-07-13/what-is-the-alt-left-and-does-it-actually-exist/11287924

media is starting to notice the left it seems.
time will tell.

this is so old.
its been out for years now.
there is a reason people say don't use facebook.

>shocking

>t. zidf

My brother has a pet bird like that. One of the most annoying pets I've ever seen. The high pitch screeching sound it makes all day every day is driving me insane. I tried to poison it once but it survived.

>Edin Jusupovic
Bosnia and Herzegovina. To be the most precise - muslim Serb from B&H

>.t rajesh

>unknown origin
>random image
>lol gonna open hex editor

fuck off he knows where it's from

That thing definitely shit in his hair.
My grandmother had one too. No one besides her could touch the thing, or it'd fucking bite your finger drawing blood. Used to chill on her though, she didn't like it because it always shit on her.

weak bait moisha

they’ll sooner use this shit to put trannies in concentration camps. everyone in government up to hrc is a racist piece of shit and the only way you’d get sent to jail for racism is cuz you committed a different type of thoughtcrime and they want you gone

pretty certain those (((groups))) love the right wing starting wars for israel. yall niggers are going to unintentionally make the propaganda that sends the country to war with iran

I don’t understand, what are they trying to track? People creeping on others profiles?

Attached: DE686A0A-B1FC-4EE2-8140-014C00BC0E86.png (164x152, 16K)

how does it work?
and where?
explain

>obvious joke
>half of Jow Forums takes it serious or doubts

Attached: 1506406020259.jpg (294x294, 12K)

Jokes can be serious and truthful as well. That's pretty much the entirety of self-deprecating humor

This is just another layer of the political kosher sandwich. They hate the real alt-right because they can't co-opt it for their agenda.

> I tried to poison it once but it survived.

Attached: 5b0d39518d834226953dd4dce0c5e040c815b3c4ad566b0e4474acc41369b92b.jpg (408x426, 40K)

apple faggots like yourself are retards

go back

keep seething

test

Attached: 1561554008785.png (850x1200, 646K)

nothing in png

Attached: 1561260099881.gif (450x450, 1.53M)

>gif also ok

Attached: 1522678188297.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

The real question is do they only put tracking data in the header or do they also pu it into the image itself.

If you downloaded these pictures from Jow Forums then if Jow Forums embeds tracking data then it's already in those.

Attached: 2019-07-15-170151_722x133_scrot.png (722x133, 14K)

Attached: 2019-07-15-170306_626x46_scrot.png (626x46, 9K)

hackerfactor.com/blog/index.php?/archives/726-Facebook-Tracking.html

Attached: untitles2.png (1275x723, 693K)

exiftool.

fpbp

North korea does the same thing in red star OS btw

ummm YIKES sweaty...

are you fucking retarded?
there's nothing in the fucking image
you can't tell who uploaded it nor who downloaded it, so it doesn't track anything, fucking subhumans.
Anyone can track the metadata from facebook to where it ends up but not in reverse, and certainly not to Jow Forums since it strips out metadata when posting

This is nothing new. Also you can use steganography to hide tracking data and it can survive compression. This has been used in videos to find who leaked a video before its release

>muh scary right wingers

If you md5 both files and they're the same hash, it's the same file, header, image, or wherever. The only possible tracking would be in the filename.