Imagine actually trying to use a mac for real work

Imagine actually trying to use a mac for real work.

Attached: 1543184947795.png (1187x341, 233K)

No issues whatsoever, imagine feeling the need to make these posts, clearly you don't do any work in the first place

What's a "krita"?

Hello Apple

>OpenGL implementation
At least it still has one right now. Imagine the breakage of third-party software if Metal becomes the only available GPU API.

Shills have been deployed.

Imagine actually trying to use a linux for real work

Attached: install gentoo.webm (878x480, 2.68M)

Why are developers filled with so much contempt. Absolutely the most toxic environment.

>anyone who isn't a retarded Apple hater is automatically a shill
Okay autists

Linus is just a colonel.

Not OP but you understand that isn't just some random dude in the screencap; that's the Dev team unaminously agreeing that a platform is so trash that they can barely grit their teeth enough to actually break it to the guy asking "why is your software running so shit on my $3,000 macbook pro" that his 8gb of undervolted ram, literally no GPU besides onboard intel graphics (noreally, go look, seriously) and 7200rpm HDD """hybrid""" drives are actually terrible.

Attached: 1562337894596.png (309x286, 71K)

MacOS is a fractal of bad design choices. Why use standardized graphics APIs when you can create your own and ditch the others? Because it's a walled garden operating system. They only want you to use their software created for their system. Unless it directly benefits Apple (e.g. free and open-source software included by default), you're not going to get easy ports of applications to MacOS.

Unfortunately I do have to get a Mac for building on it as well. I'll probably take the cheapest (800 bucks) Mac Mini and be done with it.
It's just really fucking annoying I have to get a Mac just for that.
That being said, I may also release on iOS. Is xcode good enough? Can I assume my app will run if it runs on xcode? Or do I have to buy 5 different iPhones just for testing as well?

You'll just need to use a shim similar to dgvoodoo or nglide

Build a hackintosh you cuntflap.

>fagintosh

OSS for drawing. It's fairly similar to PaintToolSAI

All MacBook pros over $1500 have 16gb of ram and there haven’t been MacBook Pro models sold for years that don’t have an ssd

Building a PC made out of special components just so I can build my stuff is even more expensive than just buying a 800 bucks, or 700 bucks Mac mini.
Also I need updates to work and to be sure that everything works without an issue.
So no hackintosh is not an option

>freetard software
>real work
>adobe suite does not have this problem
>kritadevs too stupid to figure it out
>uhhh, uhh IT MAC OS AND HARDWARE TOO SLO

FOSSfags BTFO again

based

t. ijeet

I actually did, backend development for a little over a year. It was awesome, did not want to go back to windows but that's the standard where I'm at now

Maybe they should just get good then. There's a reason why the only FOSS anyone ever names as an example of good FOSS is Linux

This, sour grapes syndrome. I can't figure it out, therefore it's bad!

>but what about all this other stuff from other devs that just works

Uhhh, uhhh n-no it's because they're using hacks provided directly by Apple! It's not fair!

>he thinks you need an RTX 2080ti just to make some art

l
m
a
o

One of our marketing people got a mac book pro for "video editing". They had to get an e-gpu and a laptop cooler because premier ran like shit.

The last two companies I've worked for issued Macbook Pro to all technical / engineering staff. Both software companies.

I had a 2017 13", and now a 2019 15". For this kind of work, their completely adequate with a nice form factor and decent durability. Overpriced, sure. When the company is paying for it though, I have no complaints.

My own money for a personal device I spend differently.

> Trying to use Krita for real work

Yeah, I'm not typing this on a mac, but I'm guessing the problem is not the mac.

Imagine actually attempting to do real video editing (not just some iMovie shit) on a laptop.

And why would anyone in their right mind spend 1500 just to get an SSD, when Windows laptops of similar or greater power run the same software better for $500-750 less? Adobe nonwithstanding, they've been sucking Apple's dick for years.

the point being that all MacBooks (air, pro, etc) have SSDs and have for almost 10 years

>he uses windows
LOL

Adobe abandoned macshit half a decade ago.

Attached: 1559424800785.png (1280x888, 1.05M)

js autism is unironically better
- no mac needed
- any idiot can do js
- no 30% cut

I know right. I have seen zero edited videos come from them. Something tells me that they fooled the idiots holding the purse string into buying it with the video editing excuse because they wanted it as a fashion statement.

>marketing people
faggets are not people.