>Alzheimer research: stagnant
>Gliosarcoma research: stagnant
>Chemoterapy: proved useless for anything but leucemia
>alternative cancer research like blue scorpion venom: stagnant
>Inmunotherapy: stagnant
>VPH research: stagnant
>no bioreactor works

on other fronts:
>no semiconductor industry has plans to >RESEARCH< the use of anything else but silicon for another decade
>intel stuck at 14 nm
>anything below 10 nm struggles to compare to 10nm
>AI still is basically brute force, mathematical algorithms, and processing power

CRISPR may be the only thing that has happened recently and it wont work for real for decades
And im calling it out, ITER will fail and fusion will never be a thing

literally the great stagnation is upon us

Attached: dn27944-1_800.jpg (800x533, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-11-27/gilead-s-cures-for-hepatitis-c-were-not-a-great-business-model
consultqd.clevelandclinic.org/top-10-medical-innovations-for-2018-revealed/
newscientist.com/article/mg24032041-900-exclusive-a-new-test-can-predict-ivf-embryos-risk-of-having-a-low-iq/
statnews.com/2019/02/12/embryo-profiling-iq-almost-here/
gwern.net/Embryo-selection
nickbostrom.com/papers/embryo.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We need more people of color in science and technology.

Unironically this, and women too. I know you're memeing but the more people we get involved in science the more chances of progress.

>stagnant
I think you mean, "Money Maker Forever Mode: Engaged."
bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-11-27/gilead-s-cures-for-hepatitis-c-were-not-a-great-business-model

>the more people we get involved in science the more chances of progress
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA oh fuck this nigger's serious

This is Trump's fault somehow. I just know it.

I just want to immortal

You're ignoring all the work overseen by the SENS foundation.

Attached: 1532712815346.png (1440x810, 1.9M)

I think that the real reason science stagnated is that it got invaded and taken over by people who want the social status and are not really interested doing science. That is, there are too many people in science.

bigot

huh?

((()))

Attached: hgj.jpg (501x576, 46K)

That's literally "I am retarded: The post".
We had some of the biggest breakthroughs in history in recent years when looking at biomed.
There is ongoing research into alternative materials for processors, just because Intel or AMD doesn't do it doesn't mean it doesn't fucking happen.
>intel stuck at 14 nm
Oh no Intel can't get past 14nm because they sacked their entire R&D department and cut funding, it's all ogre!
AI is literally in it's infancy and we only recently got the means at a (relatively) cheap price to fucking go anywhere with it.
And ITER won't fail, it just won't be the breakthrough giving us instant cheap fusion retards always make it out to be.

>some of the biggest breakthroughs in history in recent years when looking at biomed.
well, post them

If you can't even bothered doing a 3 second search before shitting up Jow Forums with your edgy teenage angst shit I'm not gonna do it for you.

you wont because you cant
i have researched cancer treatment progress 2 weeks, this was my resume

Not even a supporter of the OP's retardation, but you're argument is garbage if you can't even back your stupid bullshit up. Retard.

Telling someone "dude just trust me, Google it bro" is not a valid response to reasonable inquiry. Fuckingnkill yourself fag dong lover bitch ass.

Are you retarded? It's basic probability. Why the fuck would you limit yourself to 31% (US white men) of the talent pool? Maybe there is some nigger genius or someone with a vagina who gets a lucky idea and solves fusion or some shit. Why the fuck would you not try to get more people into it? What's the downside?

Before your smooth Jow Forums brain starts strawmanning me; I'm not saying we should replace existing huwite men with blacks and women, but that we should encourage more people to get into STEM. Big difference.

>too many people in STEM
There are "too many" people in every profession, and they all have their clout chasers, grifters and coasters. Should we stop people from getting educated and having kids until the current gen of workers dies out? Many people will be just your basic tier workers like everyone else, but there will be plenty of those trying to innovate. What's better, trying to promote STEM fields to kids or some bullshit like gender studies?

>reasonable inquiry
>pull claim out of your arse with no source
>hURR NO U DO MY RESEARCH FOR ME
Yep totally reasonable if we're in a kindergarten right now.

Treatment is lifelong profit.
Cure is a singular profit.

Does everyone on Jow Forums have to be the biggest retard possible?

>Unironically this, and women too.

Except most woman don't even want to go into science if they have the choice. There has been a recent study 1-2 years ago (commissioned by feminists, no less), searching for reasons why there women don't go into STEM. Turns out if they are from some shithole, then a STEM job secures them economic/personal freedom. The better the social security system works, the more inclined they are to do something else.

Want more women in science? Make their lives as shitty as possible.

>Before your smooth Jow Forums brain starts strawmanning me; I'm not saying we should replace existing huwite men with blacks and women, but that we should encourage more people to get into STEM. Big difference.
But in literally every case that someone has tried to implement this, it was by hiring a greater proportion of minorities among the same amount of employees. The focus has always been on "increasing diversity" mindlessly, as if diversity itself was somehow worth anything. If you go from 30 scientists to 100 by hiring more people, some of whom happen to be black, that's great. But that's not what happens.

Attached: 789.jpg (1200x1077, 238K)

If you expect anything else you are either really new here, retarded, or due to some cosmic anomaly still have hope for this board. Either way you should leave, either for your or our sanity.

Good. It's not like technology has ever done us any favors. I'd rather be a hunter-gatherer than a depressed city rat living in a crammed shoebox.

Isn't ITER a fucking tokamak?

that's not a problem with technology, that's just a problem of retards having too many kids and overpopulating the planet.

t.ed kazinsky

Yeah but it's also a trillion dollar boondoggle on the scale of SLS. The good news is that, through the wonders of Venture Capitalism, there are now multiple for-profit corporations taking shots at commercially viable fusion. 90% of them are going to fail, just like 90% of rocket startups fail. But you only need one SpaceX of fusion to flip the industry.

Technically that is a tech problem due to the Haber Bosch Process enabling the rapid population growth in the first place.

What are you even talking about you literal ass pirate? Jesus fuck we need global ids so retards like you wont waste my time with such literal (You)s.

You still havent shown anything remotely related to a top three list of anything. So what am I supposed to even start googling retard? Fuck off and fuck out of this board and literally introspect you're stupid ass waste of life. Fucking stupid tard ass channer faggots.

You dont know what you're talking about at all. Those diversity hires as you call them are the new hotness because they are unconventional, cost less salary wise and if they don't perform, they get tossed. You're just a buttmad whitey who literally can't compete.

Cope. No white person is being asked to "step down" and unless you're delusional, you'd recognize that every nation is having a change in demographics that companies must stay on top of.

I still have hope. I really shouldn't, should I? This place looks like 2015 /v/. It's almost entirely unbearable and filled with people that have no business being here.

I've been here for 14 years but sometimes I wish Jow Forums would just die so everyone can go to different imageboards and everything could just start over again. The worst people would probably just end up at 8gag and that's fine with me. But it probably wouldn't go that smoothly and imageboard culture would just die.

Have you even read your own post you absolute troglodyte? Can you even read? Or do you just assume people write whatever you want to read?

>I really shouldn't, should I?
I've been here since the start, I don't have hope left but I just can't move on so I just keep lurking some boards with filters dialled up so much that Jow Forums is basically 20 threads or such.
If Jow Forums would die there really isn't much left. The other chans are basically all dead compared to this shithole. Just look at lains /cyb/, calling it dead is a slight understatement. Sometimes I hope hiroshigook will just burn this shithole down for good so I can finally move on.

>AI still is basically brute force, mathematical algorithms, and processing power
what else do you expect it to be?

I just bought a 43" 1080p tv for my mom and dad to replace their 720p one.
It was $130 and looks great.

Sure some $2000 LG or Samsung 4k quantum dot hdr would look better, but I'm just amazed for the price what you get.

That is progress right there!

A whole new world of pharmaceuticals and materials is opening up thanks to machine learning. Also researchers are finally taking the human microbiome seriously in how it affects a lot of processes in our body.

Isn't AI/ML technological progress in itself?

Attached: 1559265048659.png (824x624, 29K)

>not posting the full version

Attached: 1560215419740.png (843x903, 39K)

>And im calling it out, ITER will fail and fusion will never be a thing
What the dude said ITER is a purely research reactor and will be finished. But it's proved that tokamak based fusion power plants are not economically viable. We need alternative constructions.

Attached: xhCNsu5.jpg (250x250, 7K)

I'm not convinced ITER proved tokamaks aren't viable, any more than SLS proves hydrolox isn't viable. Nothing built over several decades by a massive bureaucracy will be economically viable.

It's still too big and complex. DEMO will be even bigger.

More a problem than bureaucracy is when it was designed, they use archaic superconductors which are much costlier than available now. Current YCBO tape which is commercially available can achieve the same thing as the massive custom built superconductors in ITER.

Have sex.

Reminds me of the early 20th century, when battleships would almost universally be obsolete by the time they were finished.

The radiation is the main problem and brings the whole thing down. Neutrons are fucking nasty.

Attached: 1559413052191.gif (600x366, 822K)

Attached: 1488982805700.gif (360x270, 1.63M)

Aneutronic fusion is a thing (I know ITER isn't designed to be aneutronic)

you are retarded, this is intentional stagnation. the industry is now owned by super giants, the kindgs and nobleman of yesteryear are now ceos and high value whale investors. these individuals do not drive innovation because they have nothing a man could want. technology has given them a slew of young white and brown underage rape slaves, flawless mirrors, telescopes, space shuttles, huge estates, their own personal jet and the ability to fly, for the elite all dreams are achieved except the vanquiishing and enslavement of their ancient enemies.

Attached: 1557271871924.jpg (3434x4000, 1.74M)

>the more white male people we get involved in science the more chances of progress.
ftfy

These things you've listed here is another great example of how we are NOT yet in the cyberpunk future yet.

>we should encourage more people to get into STEM. Big difference.

No. Please no.

I mean, yes, getting more people interested in STEM at a young age is great.
However, the current trend of "Learn to code!" and "Anyone can code!", encouraging people to switch careers into programming, etc. is a fucking terrible idea.

As someone who is in the software industry and has seen the results of this firsthand, you have no idea how many SHITTY programmers this garbage trend is producing. It's also been flooding the market with poorly trained JR. Developers and making it harder for younger nerds and grads who are genuinely passionate about tech/software to get jobs.
And what STEM really needs, are those passionate nerds who love the subject and industry. THEY are the ones who will innovate, not the career-changer looking to make a buck in a new industry that was sold to them.

Attached: engage.jpg (300x204, 7K)

The real problem with research isnt any of these fucking problems that these anons are bringing up. the true problem is the whole education system is designed to fuck up the way children think. Then there's the little problem of government funding, strangles labs with quotes and coverups. Besides all that, name a breakthrough that came from a big government or corporate lab that benefits you in your every day life? My guess is you can't. and please dont say something about your octocore processor or some shit about your computer, its an outdated technology(yes computers as we know them) that is being wringed for all its worth.

Alzheimer's is a water quality and man-made climate change problem. Watch the Toxic Puzzle.

i had similar thoughts about medical imaging. not much progress in spite of massive increases in computing power and AI, and algorithmic complexity. i want 3D interactive images that resemble the real thing. I'd ask Jow Forums to make it, but I'd be lucky to see a logo.

Attached: b561a700-9533-4dd5-934b-3b002868aa04..png (1280x960, 639K)

Its also actually stage-3 diabetes.

no profit in cure

Hi there, I'm a "woman in tech" please fuck off and stop ruining technology for people who actually like it by inticing hordes of low-iq Beckys and Stacys into the field.

We all know you beta bois do it because you think you'll get laid (you won't). Please KYS.

Attached: gay-arch-user.jpg (250x238, 11K)

This is retard tier thinking. Do you think that adding 100x the people to a project will make it go 100x faster???

Fuck no it won't. Quality > quantity. If you pack fields with uninterested people they will quickly start to contribute less than the administrative overhead required to manage them.

Attached: microwave-time.png (939x1163, 582K)

G O A T

> Says rational people are coping.
> Ignores the sinecures popping up in every tech company.

Attached: this-one-cool-trick-for-free-internet.png (540x762, 470K)

the larger problem here is that most of society is composed of people who aren't particularly interested in or skilled at anything, and we have to find some kind of productive use for them.

Everything we have today came downstream from developments durring WW2. Only in exchange of some temporary, immediate happiness and a few percentage points of the population can we have another turn of the great wheel of human development.

This would unironically be true if there was infinite jobs, but there isn't

>and we have to find some kind of productive use for them.

Yeah, you're right. Where I disagree with "diversity and inclusion" faggots is with the idea that the ROI of propagandizing low energy normies into tech fields will be higher than the cost of managing them.

If we're worried about normies getting bored let's just bury money old mine shafts and let them dig it out. It would probably be less of a drag on society.

Attached: smartest-coder.jpg (694x732, 34K)

All of western medicine is a scam
Modern diseases come from environmental toxicity and shit food
Technology won't save you from the nasty things in the products you buy, the food you eat, or the air you breathe.

Steve Jobs tried to cure his cancer with fruit juice. Then he died despite being God tier wealthy. Keep thinking that you can cheat death by growing your own tomatoes tho fren.

Attached: dumbularity.jpg (992x1430, 244K)

That picture makes me nauseous

>g-goyim give up and get this billion dollar treatments
>see? this guy died from not caused by us

>ignoring LIGO and the gold mine that its research will bring forward
>ignoring research into 3D chips and RAM alternatives
>ignoring quantum computing research entirely

Absolutely. But the current approach of trying to force low IQ westerners into jobs is stupid. Aim to develop functioning societies in Africa. (effectively) Buy a country. Give them functioning education and nutrition. You'll see wonders if amazing careers are exclusively in science.

I didn't say shit about billion dollar treatments. I think everyone trying to cheat death is a retard beyond a certain point.

It's like this.

Dumbass (goyim??) tier:

- New age healing crystals.
- Diet based cures (except with limited conditions where it really can help).
- Paying tons of money just to prolong your suffering in some god awful hospital.

non-retarded tier:

- Pursuing some treatments when the chances of success are high and the cost is reasonable.
- Allowing yourself to die naturally when the high probability stuff is exhausted.

Attached: individualists.jpg (1024x554, 54K)

I don't quiet agree on the 'tech' front. 'tech' is a waste of time. It's what society asks for when they've run out of luxuries to desire.

>not clinging on to life as long as there is any chance of making it
Weak genetic dead end.

Ever watch someone suffer through the end stages of cancer going through chemo just to buy a few more months of life?

Fuck that.

Attached: ni.gif (607x609, 821K)

A good diet probably won't cure cancer, but a bad one sure as hell can cause it. What's the point of treating the symptoms when the underlying causes are still there?

Also, fruit juice is fucking awful for you. You might as well drink Coke instead.

Actually tomatoes (through their very significant Lycopene contents, more easily consumed after boiling them for long time) have a enhancing effect on our cells wall structure.
Reducing symptoms of cardiovascular diseases (in the sense that you might not really have them, since weakness in the blood vessels are often the cause of trouble) and certain forms of cancer. Prostate cancer especially.

Of course it's preventative, not effective once you've got cancer. So Steve Jobs is still a moron.

So when you make spaghetti bolognese boil it for a really long time. It's the superior way to make it in regards to taste anyhow.

I've seen a coworker go through chemo, he was desperate to live and it ended up killing him even faster.
My grandfather was already in his late stages of colon cancer, he tried chemo once and said fuck that gay shit. Doctors told him he only had a few months left to live if he didn't go through chemo.
>he ended up living another 7 years without chemo

consultqd.clevelandclinic.org/top-10-medical-innovations-for-2018-revealed/ here is the final (You) since you are both retards and you should both stop posting

Attached: reddit gold.png (80x80, 19K)

Humanity has reached its peak. There won't be major scientific breakthroughs anymore.

Electric cars/renewables becoming economically viable.

Supercomputers with 1tb of storage and 5 cameras in our pocket.

LHC worked better than expected. ITER coming.

Commercial space flight.

17hour+ commercial flights.

Machine learning/AI no longer a meme.

I want to live forever yet I want to die every day

chemotherapy has shown remarkable results in preventing methastasis like with melanoma

Looks like there is some war that took all talented sciencist to the space.

OK. So there is still no chance of recovery when you get cancer? I am totally okay for forever-addict drugs, just find a way to stay alive with cancer. I beg you.

>only two cancer "achievements"
>and only aimed at breast cancer and reduction of hairloss due to chemo for women

what the fuck?

Unironically, only a Gattaca future can save us.
Too bad the lefty humanists that dominate the cultural establishment have made humane eugenics into such a taboo subject because it might confirm widely known but rarely talked about assumptions about intelligence being linked to genes.

newscientist.com/article/mg24032041-900-exclusive-a-new-test-can-predict-ivf-embryos-risk-of-having-a-low-iq/
statnews.com/2019/02/12/embryo-profiling-iq-almost-here/
gwern.net/Embryo-selection

nickbostrom.com/papers/embryo.pdf

Attached: Embryo-Selection-Effects.png (645x425, 81K)

my dude... quantity wont help.
you need geniuses, and both women and blacks are VERY unlikely to be ones

There's a new Therapeutic vaccine in development for infantile diseases and other rare diseases. It's a small Belgian team called Myasterix but they're held back because no one in the pharma industry wants to actually cure diseases that bring them big bucks every year. They're close to finding a cure to myasthenia gravis and by close i mean they already cured it but again, investors aren't interested. Their method could be used to potentially cure any immuno deficient based disease. Makes me mad bros.

that's because you, as a nigger, have very little idea of wtf is actually happening in the medical research. There's been a number of smaller breakthroughs:
- a new experimental treatment for the Autoimmune Haepathitis has been released ~2y ago which actually disables the virus;
- tons of new experimental implants, especially internal organs being made with the new lighter elastic materials
- prosthetic limbs that can actually send sensory feedback to the user
(source: my GF is a bioengineer)

> Intel stuck at 14nm
You know, not all technology in the world is about higher FPS in fortnite.

>make the shot as expensive as the treatment because you have the patent and you are free to pick the price
yeah no, your logic holds as much of water as surface of a dome

let's say a regular patient spends 100.000$ a year for everything keeping him alive. This sounds way more appealing to the overlords than a one time payment of 500.000$. Moreover the ceo of that company had myasthenia for over 20 years and managed to cure himself, so he wants to make it rather affordable for everyone and not only the rich.

your strawman overlords are just that, made up boogiemen that follow capitalist logic until it stops making narrative sense and then you claim they have some retarded motive like "wanting 100k spread instead of five times as much instant"
YOU'RE PULLING SHIT OUT OF YOUR ASS
STOP DOING THAT

>my GF is a bioengineer)
Can your GF be my GF too?
I'd do anything for a qt bioengineer ;-;

Siliconcarbid (SiC) is now being used for power devices.
It's still a well needed departure from silicon only power devices.

based.
tits?

To be fair, the chinks are not too bad either.