Why use a gaming desktop over a gaming laptop?

why use a gaming desktop over a gaming laptop?

Attached: lalienware-area-51m-001.jpg (775x500, 116K)

I'm not a child, so I use neither.

Desktops are more powerful, cheaper, have more hardware options, are less likely to break down, and you aren't pretending that a gayman laptop is actually portable given that the battery will die pretty quickly.

Gaming on a PC is so 2007, zoomers.

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

this doesn't make sense in any context

the one and only reason laptops exist is so that you can pick them up and take them places, they don't need to just sit in one place. Why would you want to play vidya gaymes anywhere other than your room?

I can see using a "gaming" laptop if you have access to your parents credit cards, are on the move a lot, or have VERY limited space.

In terms of power, performance, cost, upgradeability, and so on, desktops win out every time. If I wanted a laptop comparable to my desktop I'd have to spend at least $4 000, compared to barely half that it actually cost me.

price, upgradability, less error-prone

laptops are honestly next to worthless in the age of smartphones. Even in college and grad school I never took a laptop with me to classes anyway, even though I had one. Still have, I should say, but literally never gets used.

because a laptop can't reach 15k FPS on glxgears

the price is too expensive for something powerful.

Crysis was the last glory of desktop pc gaming. After that it's all downill...i play more on my phone than on my desktop pc. There is no games.

that's because you're only focused on the surface line of shit and e3
granted most of the good games made anymore can run on 2012 PCs

Honestly halfway through Crysis everything is down hill

Price and noise. No point in portability that costs extra if it's on your desk only.

this is going to sound retarded, but he's a crazy idea that would never work
what if they made keyboards and screens similar to the shape of a laptop but you can connect them to your desktop for playing in bed instead of at your desk, since that is literally the only thing a laptop can possibly offer over a desktop

a few years ago, I was listening to Stokely Carmichael speeches, and it was shortly after 9/11 in America. I was making a reservation on jet blue airlines to fly to California. When I got to the airport, the FBI, the CIA, the TSA; they came and intercepted me, all these guys in black suits, and they took me in a back room and started questioning me about this Stokely Carmichael speech I was listening to.
they probably had some sort of bug or some sort of tap or something. they were very concerned with me listening to this Stokely Carmichael speech from about FIFTY YEARS AGO. we have gangster rappers who talk about shooting other people all the time and killing people, but the FBI’s not looking for them; they’re looking at me because I’m listening to this speech that was almost forty years old at the time. it shows you the power of those words, that they resonate even to now. The FBI is still scared of this man. He doesn’t have nearly the influence over our community as he did then, but yet they still stopped me at the airport for listening to his speech.

What are some good phone games?

based

I carry around an x220 that I use in all my classes for slides and extra research/ getting hw done early. Also group work is common each day and Id rather type on a laptop than an iPad or a phone.

Attached: catwithshrooms.jpg (500x667, 58K)

Indie shit on the go

There's now really no need to.
Back in the day boiling a desktop was the way to go because the newest games would require so much hardware performance. But now that gaming hardware requirements are converging to a maximum, buying a decent laptop is good enough.

Mobile gaming is shit mostly but Supercell does well with using the mobile form factor for input.

downwell

this and bullet hell monday are the only games i own

The only good reason why you'd go for a gaming laptop that is more expensive, has worse cooling and less modularity is if your housing situation isn't stable like a boarding college student.

>gaming laptop
Enjoy your 60dB fan noise.

Because you aren't a cunt

ergonomics

t. never played Crysis multiplayer

Agreed.
Used to love building Desktops and obsessing over hadrdware. Then I got into college and needed GPU and CPU horsepower on the go for Studies and gaming. Bought a GTX 1070 and i7 Laptop and a Switch for muh Mario and Zeldo gaymes.

Comfy af

Yes, so there CAN be an argument to be made for having a laptop, but only in college. My point is that even though this is literally the only reason one would ever need a personal laptop, I was still able to get by in college with very rarely ever using it in a portable manner.

The main point though is that after you graduate, laptops become worthless.

i'm also a faggot if that helps

I have to move a lot.
Not always staying idle at home and absolutely needs some processing power and delicate gpu.

100x easier to swap most parts like CPU and GPU. Desktop is just much more convenient and flexible, plus more ports and better cooling.

Cooling

because thinkpad for everyday stuff + dedicated gaming desktop is a lot cheaper
plus you have better battery life and if that's not enough, you can carry extra batteries

>Enjoys a too small, constantly burning GPU, while looking at the tiniest screen.