Tfw you fell for the 16 GiB RAM meme

>tfw you fell for the 16 GiB RAM meme

Attached: 1459948831114.jpg (633x758, 44K)

>iktfb

Attached: 1364137010642.jpg (1532x1200, 145K)

i want to fall for the 64gb meme but being a poor faggot doesn't help.

>tfw gtx 1070 will no longer be able to mine ethereum by 2024

Attached: pepehands.jpg (800x450, 27K)

>tfw upgraded to 4G or RAM

Attached: 1540218283340.jpg (264x236, 9K)

12gb is the sweet spot

use the memory for disk caching you idiots

this

>tfw you have 32gb of ram
>8gb for the gaming vm
>4gb for the ffmpeg vm
>4gb for my xubuntu bloatbox to try basedtech
>16gb for the host running Buster
It only cost me like 22% more than 16gb

>tfw 2x16GB sticks
feels good knowing I won't be running out of ram anytime soon

8 GB here I can play on 1080p no problem

Wait, I thought mining is dead and you will only waste electricity gpu mining nowadays

>1080p
get with the times gramps

If your monitor is 24-25 inches 1080p is the perfect resolution, 1440p is placebo below 27 inch.

>Saying this without stating viewing distance or what point of diminishing returns for sensation of realness you're targeting
God I fucking hate it when people say shit like this.

not him but my justification for going for 1080p 144hz is that 1080p gets more performance in games and in movies and anime almost all of it is 1080p

as long as your on 144hz there is no reason to use 1440p over 1080 unless you have nothing else to do with your money

Viewing distance is an average computer desk faggot. Do you think it varies that much between people, do you think that some keep a 24 inch monitor on the other side of the room while others are glued to it ?

It does vary quite a bit, there are people who sit 50cm away from their monitor and people who sit 100cm away, and I can see that at my work alone let alone the full range that would express itself over a larger population. That's literally a 2x difference for pixels per arcsec of your field of view. 24" 1080p is far too big for how far I sit away from my screens (80cm).
If you go by the IEEE investigation into sensation of realness and pixels/arsec, counter-intuitively the point of hard diminishing returns is more 2/arcsec instead of 1.
21.5" at my viewing distance is the 1 pixel/arcsec point (which is why I chose 21.5" 1080p monitors all those years ago), and the harder limit is half that.

>tfw 16 gigs isn't nearly enough for my browser with >160 tabs daily
Ree

Not him but 27" best size in general

You should've gotten 32gb. Use the extra 20gb as a ramdrive and watch your smaller games go.

zoom zoom

Attached: Zoom.jpg (250x199, 6K)

>cl14 meme
it hurts

this. still running 8gigs ddr3

lulz

assuming you are not here just to post wojaks, its too much or too little for you?

The actual worst is that I bought 16Gbs last year, now 32 costs the same as 16 and I am mad.

shut the fuck up

1440p 25" has great pixel density it's really nice

>tfw you fell for the 32gb ram for gayming laptop meme

Attached: FB_IMG_1563201818079.jpg (480x264, 21K)

That is completely correct.

I just upgraded from 16gb to 32gb.
I wish I did it sooner, my system is running so much smother. I love that I don't have suspend close my appliance VMs to play games, etc.

>I love that I don't have suspend close my appliance VMs to play games, etc.
user it's time to just get a host server already.

I will in a year or two when I build a new tower as my main PC, and move my current one in to a server role.
But I was able to pick up that 32gb for dirt cheap on ebay ($80). People are selling off DDR3 like crazy right now. ECC ram is also going for dirt cheap.

whats wrong w/ 16gb
cl 14
3200 OC to 3466
4gb cache
cozy
plz whats wrong im paranoid am i going to explode

This. 8GiB is all you'll ever need. Fight me.

I thought you were on DDR4 but yeah in that case that is a pretty good decision not gonna lie. And yeah thank god cause my hosts can really use some more RAM by now.

Have the same it's based as fuck. But some people like OP are clinically retarded buy something because higher number = better and then notice they could have spent half as much and would have been fine so they go on Jow Forums to throw a shitfit showing the world they are retarded.

Totally worth it man. And if you're not worried about RAM's speed and just need the capacity, I've seen 8GB modules of DDR3 going for as cheap as $13 a stick on ebay right now, both ECC and non-ECC. You could populate 8 bays for 64GB for as low as ~$105.

Gonna look into that cause it the speed/latency for one of my hosts don't matter over raw capacity so thanks for the tip user!

It's FOMO trolling
32gb is not necessary for gamers at present, especially when quality matters more than quantity for ryzen at least
and by the time you need more than 16gb of ram to play games at max efficiency, DDR5 will have come around by then and leave everyone with 32gb of DDR4 burdened with twice as much now-obsolete RAM as someone who just got 16gb

>32gb is not necessary for gamers at present
For most games, its not, but some are already getting very very memory hungry. Path of Exile for example will use up to 10gb alone currently if you run it for a while, and counting if you've got a webbrowser going and/or some recording software your 16gb starts to get used up very quickly.
16gb is mostly still the sweet spot right now but thats may change in just another year.

>tfw no money to buy more ram
It sucks to be poor.

Attached: 1555092175432.png (999x499, 433K)

what get

I have 48gb

So its not, wow

I am a linuks noob, can you explain what you are doing exactly?

should I go for 32gb for 3D rendering and game development?

Very much yes.
You'll want that 32gb if you doing any real work. Keep in mind that disk caching is a thing, so even if you don't use all of your ram, it will still make things much more snappy.

I run 16gb with a 8700k and a 1080ti. The only time it is ever a problem is when I'm doing video editing with thousands of cuts in sony vegas.

It definitely isn't a meme.

Chunkypuffs is that you

Feels good I have a brain

Attached: a.png (666x593, 23K)

>Try to play a game on Rust with 8GB
>Crashes
>Get 16GB
>Its using 11.5GB total
interesting

Attached: 1561937648857.jpg (234x250, 4K)

what are you spending all your money on?

he doesnt know how memory works

I have 16 GiB and im gunna upgrade to 32 eventually, if you're so worried about not wasting money on more of anything than you actually need then why did you buy such an expensive keyboard

I would. Most of it's because I keep hundreds of tabs open, but I routinely have things crash with 16gb when I have Unity, an IDE, a browser, and Blender or Photoshop open.

I have 16 and run out in chrome often

at least fall for the 32Gb meme

fell for the 24 gb meme lad

I have 64GB of ram and only 3x 4K 32 inch monitors because I went with the poverty build to save money

Did I do good Jow Forums? Did I fall for the right meme?

Attached: Fell For The 32GB Meme.png (782x1039, 27K)

well... fuck

Attached: 2019-07-15_16-33-29.png (834x553, 163K)

mama mia ... antonio go worka atta familia restaurant to make' da money for more rama

I regret getting 64gigs and not 128

128GB might be enough to use direct solver with my COMSOL problem.

$10K buys you a lot of memory. But not enough! We got some chunky chunky sims.