Any students here using iPad ?

any students here using iPad ?

Got a Macbook Air that's 6 years old, still working great but I'm considering changing it for something with a better screen.

Already got a big computer at home, so idk what to buy for uni.

>iPad
>New MacBook Air
>???

help me Jow Forums

Attached: apple-ipad-pro-12-9-2018_3fa542b26a5b640c__450_400.png (450x400, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

laptopmag.com/benchmarks/battery-life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Buy a MacBook Pro. Don’t be a cheapskate.

iTODDLERS: GTFO.

Attached: 1561433501011.png (768x866, 870K)

thinkpad

show me a nice Thinkpad with a nice battery life and not too heavy user

Nigger

Attached: 5B1142BF-2368-4015-BA8C-1ACAE1972529.gif (528x297, 1.97M)

Dell XPS or HP Spectre

>New MacBook Air
Total fucking rip off for what it offers compared to MBP. It's 100gram less, so hardly more portable either.

You could've started by what you actually want to do. Any text work on iPad is obviously limited but it's perfect for notes, and whether the software is fine depends on your needs too.

Why would anyone unironically get 16:9 trash?

laptopmag.com/benchmarks/battery-life

>XPS
>16h battery life
>jk, 1080p
Oh well, Dell is a joke for the HR people, maybe a Cumpad does better...

>T480
>17h
> 3.98 pounds
>1080p
Jesus.

I want to do what I'm doing on my current MBA :

-Basic stuff (online, Pages, music etc)
-a little bit of heavy stuff (small video editing, Lightroom, casual photoshop).

I just want a better screen, a good battery life (my MBA had a good run but now it doesn't last 7 hours) and a little bit of power just in case.

Other main reason I want to change is because I only have 128gb, I'll probably go for 512 with the upgrade

The MBP has the best screen you could wish for.

>-a little bit of heavy stuff
Ironically at least video editing it's faster on the iPad Pro than on any Macbook, tho AFAIK Adobe still didn't provide the full suite for iOS. The iPad might just work for your needs (as long writing in Pages isn't something you do all the time) and it's way more lighter and mobile.

And being barely noticeable when carrying around is a very underrated pro. I had an old 13" MBA too and it was already fine but damn, switching to 12" Macbook was still a big change. Whether there is a situation when you consider to bring your laptop but aren't sure ... with something so light, you can just go ahead. Given how much lighter any iPad is, from that side it's amazing for sure. Though keep in mind that a lot of crucial functionality (external storage support) are only coming with iPad OS this fall and if you can wait for so long, there will be another upgrade.

AKSHUUUALLY ... iPad Pro screen is probably better due the 120hz shit.

street shit harder ijeet

I considered this but I'm probably gonna take a MBP.

I'm going to literature study and I'll need to write a lot. Even if iPad's keyboards are good, I don't think they'll beat MPB, and I'm often writing in weird positions which wouldn't work with iPad

>macshit
>ever

Attached: 1554496875569.png (721x909, 546K)

>I'm going to literature study and I'll need to write a lot.
How do you plan to write without a working keyboard?

Attached: 1537473131136.jpg (4618x3464, 777K)

>I'll need to write a lot.
Well, yeah then MBP it is easy.
Unless they come up with a new touch cover for the iPad.

I-is it that terrible ? Some of my friend have the new keyboard and don't have any problems, but I tried it quickly and it felt weird typing on it.

Got mine since 2015, no issues, but I'm pretty spergy about keeping my stuff clean. If you eat infront of your laptop, have some sort of pet walking over it or something like that ... there is the 4 year free replacement for these cases.

The feel is weird at start and takes some time getting used to, but once you did, the old ones feel very mushy and spongy.

It's so shit they were forced to add the latest shitbooks to the recall list to avoid lawsuits.

Attached: 1562849881190.png (791x1195, 542K)

keep the air, you don’t need anything more

Tablets are shit to work on, only good for bigger screen browsing and facebooking.
Since the new MBPs are shit I suggest get a Retina MBA, 2018 or the new one. The 2018 has a reworked butterfly keyboard with some sealing to keep dust out, it reportedly reduced keyboard failures a lot, screen is awesome. The new MBA has the new scissor keyboard, nobody knows if it is better or not, everything else is the same.
Running a base model 2018 retina here, it is great for most (up to and including CAD works), if I need more resources I just connect it to an eGPU (games).

This. Macs are fucking trash.

Attached: 1548800588498.jpg (989x1005, 189K)

street shit harder ijeet

Attached: 1541485822324.png (627x912, 562K)

Ah, then it is the same as the 2018 retina. I thought I saw an article about the new scissor switch going into the 2019 MBA. Still there are some reworks done with the butterfly, mostly just some fixes that may or may not work, depending on the grains of the ingress.

>reportedly reduced keyboard failures a lot
how many rupees does apple pay you streetshitters to make up this horseshit?

Attached: 1552387431505.png (690x793, 159K)

It's a very thin but resilient film with some elasticity. Some harder and sharp grains still does damage while most normal household type dust is filtered out. Hence "may or may not work depending on the ingress"
There's not much you can do with that little space. Thank Ivy, and his retarded design guidelines, hopefully the next designs will be more robust.

BTW I'm not indian, but I do work with them. That is just the nature of my business, offering outsourcing service in the technology sector.
Yes, I'm selling your jobs :D :D :D

>macs have been overheating, exploding, defective shitheaps for 30 years but im sure they'll be better next year!

Attached: 1538608548980.gif (245x207, 2M)

Yes, and every other PC laptop brands do the same. I'm not seeing many unemployed PC repair people running around

I just bought a cheap iPad pro and apple pencil on eBay for school/art. It's literally the best tablet experience in existence. Like, Wacom should give up, there's just no comparison for how good the tablet feels to use -- and this is all coming from a long time Linux/windows user who hasn't owned an Apple product since the iPod touch. I don't like Apple's business practices but they certainly know how to make a good user experience. I'm gonna try using a GPU passthrough vm to see if their desktop experience is just as good but that's neither here nor there. Anyways, I got my textbooks on libgen so I'm just gonna use my iPad to do homework. I've also got a well loved x220 on the side for programming :P

You need to be a 18 years and above before posting here.

I'm 37