Previous threads:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: dfh.jpg (300x300, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thatoneprivacysite.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what if hitler won ww2?

Why does Chrome open over a dozen processes and spike to 50-90% continual disk usage for a fresh install displaying a single fucking tab?

What am I missing here, how do people possibly use this browser?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2157x1394, 344K)

yahoo mail broken for anyone else?

Can I just take an SSD with Windows from a notebook and put it into another notebook? Or will I have to reinstall Windows?

Ok so this has been bothering me for a while. My systems analysis and design course says explicitly that programmers should not just start coding right away and should make a very detailed plan first because you cannot change the code later. And it also says that programmers don't generally code right away or change code later. Now that doesn't sit well with me because that is the exact opposite of the impression I've gotten from the programming world. I got the impression that people get and idea, start coding and change it along the way. Almost no project is ever completely closed, code is changed constantly. Did I misjudge?

I recently install some bootable version of I don't even remember what on a USB key.
Now, whenever I plug it in, there are like 10 popups that show up and Windows says I have to format them all to use the device. They're all fucked up sizes. If I do format them, they show up as 10 fucked up different drives.
How do I unfuck this up to get my 8gb key back?

Attached: 1544158985427.jpg (839x469, 46K)

wrong thread, that's a very high IQ question.

Why is ML and AI hot memes now? The math is way older.

Attached: 1563135001422.png (800x1122, 815K)

I need a hard drive to back up a lot of video content. No room for a drive in my current pc but I do have a free sata port. Should I buy an external hard drive or a regular hard drive? Just going to sit in a drawer desu.

Are there any new 7nm Ryzens with iGPU?
I don't care about gayman, so iGPU would suit me better.

Attached: AMD-Ryzen_004.jpg (1315x877, 102K)

My problem:
When in Xubuntu I want to know the size of free disk space and want to rightclick>properties,
there is no free white space in the file manager to place the rightclick because the default setting is "file details".
In the Thunar file manager always I have to click "menue>view>symbols".
Where can I click, what can I do, to speed up the process, any shortcut?
I love the commandline, but for this problem I want a fast solution with mouseclicking in the folder/directory and not "df -h and lsblk".

Attached: 1558313009303.jpg (640x640, 39K)

Python noob user here. Thanks, the calculator was working fine so far and now i only need to find a way to make it ask the user whether he wants to jump back to the beginning of the code or not to do another calculation.
Couldn't reply earlier since the boomer instructor in coding class was hounding me and actually scoured through all my open tabs and notepad files one by one, i really should have closed firefox beforehand kek. Fucker literally waited till i opened the reply box in order to bust me for asking online, joke's on him though since he didn't clarify this beforehand and he can't formally reprimand me for it or subtract points smdh

In Linux you could used parted to remove all the partitions on the drive
It would be something like:
parted optimal -a /dev/sdb
rm 10
mkpart 1 -1
quit

You would have to find out if /dev/sdb is actually the right device.

Oh an then you'd have to
mkfs.fat -F32 /dev/sdb

Also it's:
parted -a optimal /dev/sdb

You could probably do this in WSL if you are on windows.

Does using a SATA to USB adapter for (intended) internal drives put a lot of strain on them? Like, should you only use them externally that way if you absolutely have to or is it basically no issue at all?

>now i only need to find a way to make it ask the user whether he wants to jump back to the beginning of the code or not to do another calculation
First you need to decide how to handle it.
>specific input to continue, otherwise quit
>specific input to quit, otherwise continue
>specific input to continue and quit, otherwise prompt again

>>specific input to continue, otherwise quit

How to do this though?

I have an amazon fire 8 HD that I wanna remove all of amazon's bloat from. I tried using the adb tools but I need to have root to uninstall via terminal. Anyone have any guide on how to root the fire 8? Firmware is 5.3.6.4 and its the 6th generation. If possible I wanna just install normal android onto it, I know there's a method with cracking open the back and using a paperclip but I was hoping someone knows of an easier way?

Attached: 1489022830425.png (1118x1600, 1.07M)

>How to do this though?

this isn't valid python, but the general idea is this. (and maybe coding isn't in your future)

"press X to exit, any other key to continue"

if (keypress == key_X):

exit()

yes i meant how to do this in python

>yes i meant how to do this in python

If you are a cute girl you might "succeed" as a coder, but otherwise I'd get used to saying "do you want fries with that?"

I dont want to code shit, i just want to get this one task right to stick it to that boomer

Also the notion you'd need to become a fast food worker if you can't code rather than chosing from the myriad of other professional fields available is pretty heckin stupid imo

>i just want to get this one task right to stick it to that boomer

Stop going to class, and when that boomer flunks you, go up to him and yell "I DON'T GIVE A SHIT YOU'RE NOT THE MOM OF ME".

That will be 1000x better than writing code for him.

Ill consider that thanks

Different mobos and shit. Yes, you'll have to reinstall.

what should I look for when buying a workstation monitor? I need a new one for photoshop and video editing.
I've heard led monitors are for gaming and ips lcd for working but I am not sure.
what would be a good budget option for my needs?

Attached: outerspace-moon-united-states-trump.jpg (2405x2076, 1.38M)

>How to do this though?

Sometimes you get better spoonfeeding and hand-holding if you post your schoolwork in

while True:
print("This is basic logic and you should be able to solve it yourself.")

if not input("Do you want to continue (c to continue)? ") == "c":
break

Is there a lightweight alternative to visual studio if I only want to compile a c# project? I just want to compile some source code I got from github, I've tried sharp develop but it doesn't support 14.0, I've seen some command line options for compiling a .cs file but this project is many .cs files tied together into a .sln.

So what's the fastest way to compile this project? Would I need to download all the dependencies manually?

can i make no script captcha to every site that uses recaptcha? i just know how to make it in Jow Forums with Jow Forums x

What's the best way to download all twitter media (both pictures and videos) using the linux command line without a twitter account.

How much are they worth?
Dell laptop - i7 4th gen, 8gb ram, 8690m, great condition, all accessories
Dell laptop - i3 7th gen, 6 GB ram, Intel HD, good condition, all accessories, touchscreen
HP - i3 5th gen, 6gb ram, Intel HD, great condition, all accessories
Lenovo - i7 4th gen, 16gb ram, 860m, good condition, all accessories
Insignia - some windows 10 tablet, 2gb ram, good condition, all accessories

Trying to shrink my collection of laptops. What would you sell them for on eBay or CL? Individually.

No issue except for speed loss depending on your USB ports version/ability

Doesn't make sense to use an external SSD, for example

I cloned my HDD to a SSD. I unplugged my HDD and started up my PC and it works fine. But when I replug in my HDD, what stops my computer from booting from that one instead of the SSD?

Attached: 5fc8b334b74ab679e236c7be7c9987711f9f3a1052cd8cd510e6f81d5e40f3dc.jpg (405x309, 64K)

Does transfer time matter?
If not, build a small cheap network PC, include as many drives as you want, simply transfer over network to your backup system. If it's important, don't forget to set it up to automatically clone drives. This can be done for like 200$ if you're smart, 400$ if you're as retarded as you seem, I say that because a bone stock 50$ PC on eBay from 2010, namely the mass produced dells, would be ideal for you. Another 150 in storage devices and you're golden.

So I’m not an audiophile in any way whatsoever, and I see audiophiles knock sound bars all the time because “they’re not real surround sound systems”—but what about the 5.1 Soundbar systems that do come with rear speakers? And also allow for control for each individual speaker. Mainly Left, Right, and Center.

Are 5.1 sound bar systems decent in the sense that I’m not an audiophile who isn’t going to complain that someone’s voice is 0.5dB lower than it should be?

BIOS boot settings.
Google "(your PC model) BIOS key"
Press that key as it's booting, fairly soon, right after you power on.
Find setting regarding "BOOT SEQUENCE" or something, and change the SSD to position 2. Position 1 should always be USB PORT if it's available on your model, so you can boot from a recovery USB drive if ever needed.

Get a sata>sata external enclosure and just plug it in to your system and have the cable come out of one of your empty pci lanes

Is there a way to make it so my secondary HDD doesn't spin or whatever while not in use? The magnet head things are loud.

Attached: pexels-photo-1577878.jpg (640x960, 82K)

With Windows 10 constantly sharing your data it's never not in use, GOYIM

You probably have power settings in bios that specifically address this, it's a very popular ecofag setting for laptops and small form factor PCs.

found an old monitor in the neighborhood's trash dump, would I want to get out of my way and buy a
VGA adaptor to hdmi plus a VGA wire only to test if it works? it sems pretty good for programming as it has a 4:3 display and in theory it turns on just fine (though the screen turns off a few seconds after the "no signal" message, but I'm assuming this is working as intended). I have a GTX 1060 so I can't straight up use VGA

Attached: tumblr_orvh2eKNDt1rg7el7o3_250.jpg (250x250, 22K)

The APUs are always one year behind. So they are 12nm and are not zen 2 but zen+
dotnet I think supports .sln

Is privateinternetaccess a good vpn or is it part of the chinese botnet?

You don't have any old laptops, desktops, anything? You can't be serious...
How much is the display worth? Would you have bought a monitor anyways? How much will you save by buying the adapter?

If it doesn't work or has flaws, now you can buy another old display and use that for "programming"

file->properties or alt-enter

or

ctrl+1 to switch to icon view
right click->properties
ctrl+2 to go back to detailed view

or

click the 2 pixel wide margin on the right between the last column of details table and scrollbar

Attached: 1494600286788.jpg (750x588, 64K)

now that you've brought it up, I realized my laptop (not an old one though) has VGA port for some reason. I just assumed it didn't. now I think I'm going to buy the VGA wire and if it works I might order the adaptor online, the wire shouldn't be expensive anyways and I can buy it from a local tech store. thanks for pointing it out teehee
and I didn't have any intentions of getting myself a new monitor any soon, but I wouldn't bother using this one if it happens to still be working well. it's also a bit aesthetic because it looks old as fuck, like 90s/early 2000s old, but I might facial skin might get damaged in the long-run by its shitty display

but my facial skin might get damaged*

>alt-enter
>or
>ctrl+1
WOW

thank you very much!

Attached: nice.jpg (700x523, 94K)

>for "programming"
what did you mean by this thogh

Bump for this question
Here's a complimentary Rare™ image

Attached: _20170708_001342.jpg (2504x2456, 1.23M)

Programming - verb
Wearing gay socks and crossdressing, posting 'trap' images to Instagram, watching Python tutorials on youtube

as opposite to what? what are you in this general for then?

Im a dorm cuck right now or else I would just build a Nas out of one of the old PCs I have laying around. It's gonna be probably a few hundred gigs of shit. I'm just wondering if it's worth it to get an external drive or if I could get away with just throwing the drive in a drawer. I have a free sata port but no room for a drive.

Relax, it's a joke.

So why can't you? Power is free, no? Shove it under the bed and run a cable if you're on public WiFi

what's a pdf reader that will let me change the shitty font of what i'm reading?

Where can u download .apk files safely? You can Google the file you want but I'm paranoid they're backdoored

thatoneprivacysite.net/
Seems decent, though it's US based.

Because it's faster to approximate the mathematical model for the end result than to calculate the end result based on all the mathematical models for each individual part of the end result. Even though doing the latter will actually increase scientific knowledge while doing the former won't.

Is there a simple tool to transcode videos?

ffmpeg

You want a refresh rate higher than the framerate of your videos but it doesn't have to be that much higher unless you're really picky about cursor movement. you do need as much color accuracy as you can afford. Oled monitors will burn in if they have static elements on then for too long (like a taskbar), but that doesn't matter if you auto hide the taskbar, and cycle through desktop backgrounds.

I just discovered ranger, cmus and youtube-dl, what are some other ebin programs?

t. linux novice in training

Basically the sound bar form factor is all about being stuck under a TV screen, as opposed to the audio being the entertainment by itself. So even if there's no /real/ difference in the sound, there's still the symbolic issue.

Handbrake, which is a GUI for ffmpeg.

Anyone use Defraggler? I'm using the free space defrag and I told it not to fragment my files, but my total fragments keeps going up and up. I stopped it after letting it run for 2 hours since I don't know if it was even working or not. I honestly just want to move the files so there's no empty space in the middle and I already know that it won't speed up my computer at all.

So I guess my question is should I just let it finish running? Or not use the free space defrag? The big empty space in the middle is going to bother me.

I can't help you user, but you gave me a great idea for some bored developer: everything is so fast and wonderful these days, make a HDD or SDD that incorporates a linux layer to handle the file system, while pretending that it's whatever Microsoft is using 40 years after they first started trying to figure this crap out.

Yeah, but some systems have a subwoofer and rear speakers so you have an actual 5.1 setup as opposed to the early sound bar systems that were just LCR and “simulate” rear speakers

Im getting into video editing for my youtube vids, I wanna get 2 10TB drives for storage, right now the wd elements are on special. should i shuck them or just use as is? Also whats the best way to back one up to the other?.

Attached: ready.webm (960x540, 2.96M)

ffmpeg, Handbrake, Xmedia Recode (if on Windows)

Technically it uses ffmpeg libraries, but it's not just a GUI frontend for ffmpeg.

So uh, do AV receivers and speakers not come with wires and plugs? You have to buy them separately and strip the wires and attach the connectors and all that shit? I mean it’s no big deal, I work in the electric field, I’m just trying to clarify this since that’s what it looks like from what I’ve seen online.

I have two gmail accounts that use each other as recovery mail that use passwords of different strength

If someone gains access to one of them would they gain access to the other too?

Some user said something about FX8350s and 970 mobos having issues together, does this apply to all 970 mobos? The (8350 appriciation) thread died before I could ask him.

Considering buying a laptop, but I'm afraid the storage won't be enough. Can anyone tell me what pic related means?

Will I be able to add a secondary drive?

Attached: 1549717221692.png (629x108, 17K)

Obviously yes.

how?

I don't think it really matters. You have a bit more control over them if you shuck them though. Also, don't use the hardware encryption, that way if the USB controller dies you can just shuck it and use it internally without issues.
For backup, I personally use rsync, but I don't know if that's available to you. I'd suggest to keep one unshucked and back up to that, and store it off-site.

shuck means what?

Taking the internal drive out of external drives. Removing the shell. Generally the external drives are cheaper than the comparable internal drives.

Anyone know if blender supports rendering with rtx 2080ti?

Attached: 3D9397FA-117D-43D1-B57A-3B829DDF57F3.jpg (1024x616, 64K)

They're telling you the ideal. Obviously shit never goes perfectly

I got myself into a situation where I'm a repairman for some reason.

Can I throw some cracked Win 10 on an old HP laptop running a 1.9 GHz dual core and less than 3GB of ram?
Or should I just go for something like tiny7 to make sure it all runs?

How to build submarine?

1 - 500gb SSD, room for 1 more SSD. Expect to spend about 150 for 1tb of SSD storage.

Any good, bright (important) "smart" lightbulbs that can be controlled through my phone? They'll be the main light source in my room so they'll be emitting white light 99.9% of the time but I'd like the option to change colors for some specific situations. Do any RGB bulbs have decent whites, or only that disgusting blue-ish white?
Philips Hue seems like a safe bet, but it's pretty expensive. Are they just being jews or are Philips lights actually better than everyone else?

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 that's connected to WiFi. Is there a way I can connect it to a desktop PC via Ethernet and have it share that internet connection? I need some sort of temporary solution until I get a proper network switch and run cabling. The Pi is running Ubuntu MATE and the desktop is using FreeBSD if that matters.

Attached: ron-swanson-1024x551.jpg (1024x551, 103K)

Blokada, dns66 or dnsfilter?

Attached: blokada_icon.png (433x433, 29K)

Win 10 runs very well on low budget stuff until you bloat it up.

AdGuard.

What's the best chromium based browser to avoid the botnet and still use extensions?

What's the best antimalware for casuals?

Attached: 1534315389623.jpg (772x960, 117K)

I was using their dns but loading a page has become unbearingly slow

Is 1080p for a 22 inch monitor enough? Or should I invest into a 1440p meme?

Why does Iridium/Chrome keep signing out and unsaving any setup any time I close it?

You got it to remove the cache and cookies on exit?
Maybe it doesn't have the power to modify or create any settings

No, I tried it on ungoogled chromium and this still persists.

Is there a way to hide the titlebar of Firefox 68 on Linux?
I'm using Puppy Linux, and supposedly, there should be some sort of checkbox for it in the Customization page, but there isn't one.

Question lads, and anyone else.

How to I get smaller file sizes with WebM?

Video related was done with Handbrake using their 576p25 1800kbps preset. Do you think this vid is a good size as it is or should I just slam down the bitrate in the future? Is that the best way to get better file sizes?

Attached: fat john handbrake 2.webm (720x576, 2.46M)

Not sure what you did, but that videos seems to be corrupted.
And yes, reducing the bitrate will reduce the file size.

/pcbg/ doesn't want to answer me so I might as well try here. Is a seasonic 620 bronze psu enough for a 2080/super?