/spg/ - Smartphone General

Just buy the Redmi Note 7 edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: f897093e-3076-4598-b192-514b47c40296.png (800x800, 456K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/XiaomiEspana/status/1150657749132312576
fiio.com/m11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hello fellas, i'm going to upgrade from a nokia lumia 635 to a oneplus 6t, anything i should know? (system tweeks or tricky stuff)
battery life is priority for me

Still really happy with my RN7.
That's all.
Gonna need to order some back up cases from Ali-Express though because the plastic edges look fragile and the case that came in the box has already taken some damage.

no, the OnePlus 6T is a great phone
I wonder if the 100€ difference to the OnePlus 7 would be worth it
probably not

i am about to buy Redmi Note 7
i hope it works when I get to the US.

Just buy the Global version.
No, not International, not Chinese with English, the GLOBAL version. Check which 4G bands it supports if you're not sure if you're buying the Global version. I don't think the Pro has a global version yet.

>to a oneplus 6t
why, when OP7 exists?

I've got a Mi A1 with a fucked USB port, I have to jiggle the cable to charge. I've got £250 to spend, what Xiaomeme phone should I get?

It's like you didn't read the post you quoted

which part?

Mi A3 Launches next week

Mi A3 if you're used to the "Stock Experience(TM)". For 250 you could just get a Poco or an RN7 128GB though.

Redmi Note 7 is £150 through the Mi Store app, and you get a free Mi Band 3 (ima sell it for another £20)
Go go go!

Has next week been confirmed for the A3? Is there a price yet too? Got a 64gb A1 so probably will stick with the same size.

>Has next week been confirmed for the A3?
Yes
>Is there a price yet too?
Not officially but every single rumor and store that put it up early says ~250€, same as the A2.

Thanks user

>2020 iPhone design leaked
How will Android EVER recover

Attached: 1563190977057.jpg (711x660, 37K)

Official Xiaomi Spain twitter is now saying launch is July 17:
twitter.com/XiaomiEspana/status/1150657749132312576

Any Oneplus 6/T owners here? Do you guys have DC Dimming yet?

Just don't buy that redmi shit. I brought one couple months ago. Great specs, great cam (although I don't take much pics), great battery life, lots of custom rom. So I ditched my years old samshit in a drawer. After few months, charging port of redmi stopped working. What an absolute fucking garbage product. Meanwhile that 4+ years old samshit is just fine

Regular OnePlus 7 retard, fuck the 6T.

Yeah, no Samsungs ever had charging port issues or any other issues whatsoever guys. I mean, whatever, it can happen and it's an easier fix than most other things that break on a smartphone.

Real talk. Samshit Galaxy S1 over here. That screen that was going to shit the bed within a year like everyone said still works fine. Battery still does its job. Slow? Hell yeah, it's old as fuck and can barely be used for much. But it does not shit the bed with that. Same with all of the motorola phones I have around.

is the S10e still worth picking up? The only good version is the unlocked snapdragon right? (G9700)

Attached: 09-jude-law-the-young-pope.w700.h467.jpg (700x467, 114K)

Is it worth it to spend an additional $100 to get the S10 from S10e or the S10+ from the S10?

yes, good compact phone
only downside is the battery
if you want a larger display, yes, otherwise no

Anyone has acquired the Galaxy A70 recently?
Not many people seem to know about it. It looks alright for a mid-range phone.

Attached: 1123e9b8bf0242ac110003.jpg (1000x1000, 83K)

Welp just went all in on the amazon prime day s10+, came out to $650 with a case and mass amounts of discounts.

Get a spigen, best case ever, they even costs like 8bucks

best screen for a mid range phone

I bought a ps4 brother. I hate capitalism.

Also

>4500mah

damn are all redshit phones like this? should i just buy a50 instead of mi 9t?

>JULY 15TH
>2 WHOLE FUCKING MONTHS SINCE GLOBAL LAUNCH
>STILL NO US RELEASE DATE

ASUS YOU SON OF A BITCH! JUST LET US KNOW WHEN THE FUCK WE CAN PREORDER, YOU HAVE A GODDAMN MODEL THAT IS SPECIFICALLY FOR US BANDS! JUST TELL US WHEN.

Attached: 12.jpg (853x897, 232K)

I'm gonna switch to iphone

android security is too shit

I was in need of a new phone, my s7 battery is crapping out on me after I changed it. So this was the best opportunity I had. But no regrets enjoy that ps4

>he fell for the "apple don't get viruses xD" meme

Enjoy your throttled phone.

I didn't say viruses. I said security. Android security is a joke.

Low budget, what would you get: Huawei smart+ 2019 or moto g7 ?
Both have discount on prime day, I wanna keep it sub 200€ and I'm still not sure about buying Xiaomi products, I fear hardware problems after some time.

what facet of security is android shit at compared to apple?

>i fear hardware problems after some time.
unfounded, there are anons in this general that still use Redmi Note 3 Pros on here ffs, if anyone would be having serious hardware problems it woukd be them but they don't
ive had my RN5 for about a year amd have dropped it multiple times with no damage, this thing is a fucking tank

>what facet of security is android shit at compared to apple?

some adroid phones never get updated, and the google play store does a crappy job of keeping malware out. So, if you are careful and don't install weird apps you're probably ok, but in general Apple is safer for morons.

I was considering a S10e but the A70 is a comparable phone for half the price

I'm an idiot?

Also better battery

>in general Apple is safer for morons
really now?

Attached: Screenshot_Google_20190715-094514.png (1177x2048, 823K)

The note7 is better for 1/8 the price.

Not like you go outside your basement or have any social skill that requires social media and taking pics anyway

the Note 7 is the better value, not the better phone.

Shut the fuck off neet

explain how the Note 7 isnt the better phone

>no nfc

compared to the A70:
worse display, worse processor, worse OS
compared to the S10e:
worse everything except battery

Is it worth upgrading from a galaxy s6 to an s10?

Wait really? There's no software or hardware differences?

Is there a better deal on some sort of chink phone than the s8+ 64gb on prime day? It's 430$ bucks and prime shipping. I'm in the US, T mobile. Trying to stay around the low 400's.

>s6 to s10

Yes, it's worth it for the new version of Android alone. Fuck Marshmallow/Nougat.

Mi 9, Mi 9T, Mi 9 SE

RN7

So what? What bank would even approve your credit score you fucking retard

i've no credit score because i'm not an idiot and i've never had a credit card

Hahahahahaha

>how to fail at life 101

Holy fuck.

What kind of bridges you like user?

Attached: D9936794-08D3-40C7-9195-392CF9E80466.jpg (423x725, 56K)

Pixel 3a

hey Jow Forumsuys ive never used this general in the endless years ive been on this trash board but i think you might be the niggas to ask about this
I am looking for a "DAP" which would be a device that is good at the following things: Amazing OTG dac/amp support, Able to take one or two SD cards, good battery, absolute best version of bluetooth.
I think it would be far cheaper to get a phone well suited for the purpose from china than something like this(although this is sick) fiio.com/m11
I would then hook up a Topping NX4 DSD or something similar to it if the onboard amplifier is insufficient.
Obviously region and bands doesn't matter as it wont have a SIM in it.
I suppose it would also need to be completely rootable, unlocked boot loader, and at least one good rom to fuck with. I will be essentially removing almost all functionality outside playing music and a few other things.
What phones should I look at for this purpose?
I was considering perhaps a used LG g7/v40 thinq as I know they have dedicated desktop DAC levels of performance.
Odd request I know but who the fuck else knows enough about phones to be able to give me some useful information.

Attached: m11.jpg (1200x700, 218K)

>plastic shit
>google bloatware

You smell autistic. Buy a friend instead of a phone.

>plastic shit
plastic is good
>google bloatware
it has the same google bloatware as on any other android phone, and other android phones have the manufacturer's own bloatware apps too so you get double the bloatware.

>plastic is good
Not everyone likes dildos as much as you faggot.

>it’s okay if it has bloatware because I’m a shill
Ok pajeet

You think that's bad? Check this out you goody two shoes faggot bitch
Loans are free money if you've never had any on the books income or assets under your information. You can't get blood from a stone Shylock!

Attached: 77f92d8c06cf0fa14998b581c0362d2d.png (1184x1068, 87K)

I have two close friends but they each live over an hour away. We message on discord all day but I haven't "socialized" in like a year now.
I go to work which has 2-3 other people there with me who I chat with.
Don't worry I won't be using this contraption around other people, it's primarily going to replace my loud ass desktop for when i want to do nothing but listen to music

Discord tranny friends aren’t real. Grow up retard.

Redmi Note 7 or Moto G7?
The Redmi has straight up better specs for the price, but I've never had anything but stock android and I have no idea how annoying the bloatware is.

Mi A3

RN7

This is actually a lot better than I thought I could ever be.

But why isn't no one talking about the massive privacy implications of these under screen cameras?

Attached: image003.jpg (554x412, 27K)

and global VERSION
don't settle for 'global ROM' - that means hardware for the Chinese market with the rom installed on top of it

potentially big difference in terms of bands etc

that was my point, when i started seeing posts in /spg/ saying stupid shit like "i cant wait for them to get rid of the notch and put the front camera under the screen" i fucking new this general is another r-eddit extension
i mean who the fuck wants a front camera you have no way of blocking? at least the Xiaomi's are pop-up or slide-up, fuck the idea of behind screen front cameras, fuck the vapid cunts for looking forward to being spied on

Reposting from last thread. What's a good tablet for reading pdf's? Used ipads are still as expensive as a new android tablet so probably not those. Should i buy a chinkpad, Samsung or used nexus?

Mi Pad 4

Okay I guess I'll just buy a DAP. It was such a specific use case that I can see how hard it is to rec something, Thanks anyway /spg/
What? I didn't meet either of them on discord. My friend ryan went to high school with me and we regularly hung out until about 2012 when we both started moving around.
My other friend joe I met on WoW in like 2008 and we've hung out a bunch of different times.
They are real friends, they are both great friends who have done a lot for me.
Simply hurling low effort insults is not and never was considered "trolling", you're just dumb.

Should i get the redmi note 6 pro?

Is aliexpress okay to buy a mi pad 4? I see it's the cheapest option.

Galaxy S9 currently going for $350 on Amazon America. Yes, the superior Qualcomm version.

Attached: 2iiivbyeejgy.jpg (720x720, 69K)

yes

does anyone here have the razer phone 2?
can you comment on how gud it is? im interested in it. im hoping mum will buy me it for Christmas.

Any opinions on Sammy A40?

good phone

What the fuck is wrong with you cunts? Why keep a shitty credit card, unless you're poor or something. I'm well off and I have two rich friends who loan me whatever I may need without interest or any fixed repayment date, you act like it's the ultimate sin to not have a credit card.

I have a Mi A2 right now but I'm tempted to get the Mi A3 next week? Should I? It was kind of a letdown that it uses a Snapdragon 665 processor...

Those rebates when you use credit cards to buy stuff though. Here I can get up to 3.5% rebate on everything I buy.

Is the MiA3 worth it, compared to the RN7?

i got a redmi 6 and its probably the best phone ive ever used

They're americans, don't hold it against them. They've been jewified to to the point you see here. Is it any wonder they falling from grace as a superpower? Bunch of docile, establishment upholding, retarded goyim. Good riddance.

You can link a prepaid card to your bank account and have the same rebates without having a credit card

Purely in terms of bang for the buck the RN7 is still better
Mi A3 does have better camera, screen & stock android though if any of those sound particularly appealing to you.

ok samefag

Not him but what bank are you on?

Pixel 3 XL or Pixel 3a XL ?

>tfw spend hundreds on a new smartphone convinced I'm going to make use of all the features/processor
>still just just text, call, and shitpost on Jow Forums

jews got me again

Attached: snow-coastal-rosy-boa - Copy.jpg (600x400, 72K)