Whats best in your opinion?

Whats best in your opinion?
1080p 144hz
1080p widescreen 75hz-100hz
1440p 75hz-120hz
1440p widescreen 60hz

Or anything else you can think of

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

1440p 144Hz is truly superior

are you a gaymer or an adult?

1080p 60Hz is fine for everything.

Both

But requires high end gpu and extremely expensive imo

240hz 1080p

I've read most don't see a difference between 144 and 240

impossible

4K 120Hz

Just save up for 1440p/144hz instead

You realize you don't need to max it out, right? You can choose to play your games at 1080p/144hz or 1440p/60hz if you want, until later on when you get a new graphics card that can handle it.

Depends on the game.
CSGO 144HZ is enough but there's a slight difference.
Overwatch any dps expect widow and 240hz is a must.

4k60hz is used 99% of the time. my 1080p144hz is gathering dust. Gaymes is fun but I grew away from it.

Attached: 29472111_2407616022597996_6046807584713736192_n.jpg (672x707, 63K)

goddamn that pic is sad

1440p 165hz with my XB271HU

>gaymer shit
cringe

Ist that fkn graphic hungry?
165hz wut
4k60hz would that work with a 2070 or a 5700xt decently?

Nobody but a gamer is going to use something beyond 60hz, so if that's a problem then why are you in the thread?

to call you a faggot

It's a 144hz monitor but it has an option to "overclock" it to 165hz, but its a simple matter of opening the advanced tab in windows and selecting it. I don't really notice too much of a difference. If i pay attention it feels slightly smoother, but i doubt id do well in a blind test

Youre scavenging random threads on Jow Forums to call people faggots. You are a virgin

>gaymer
>not both
lol

This. I couldn't justify spending money on a 1080p monitor a couple years back and just went with 1440p@144 Hz. No rugrats.

based

this
4k is a meme if you're not a subhuman troglodyte who touches the screen with their nose
upwards of 120hz is for tards who unironically think that games will ever tick at a rate higher than 100hz

Attached: 4k-vs-1440p.png (746x420, 37K)

What gpu and cpu do you run?
What gpu and cpu?

>4k is a meme
t. poor fag without a 4k tv. It is not a meme. It carries 4 times the color information - which is great for HDR. However, I wouldn't go crazy trying to make a gaming PC run 4k gaming at a high FPS.

27in 1440p 144hz FreeSync

How is that hard? Its like ~$230 on Rakuten + $45 "rebate"

What's tickrate got to do with wanting smooth motion?

>FreeSync

1440p 144hz is the cuck's choice. let me explain.

>middle ground between 60hz and 240hz in hz
>middle ground between 1080p and 2160p
>best in nothing, mediocre in everything
yikes!

Attached: yikesssssss.jpg (153x158, 5K)

Except retardedly expensive or unavailable where I live
So 2160p 240hz how do you even run that lol

>You realize you don't need to max it out
This + you're gonna use adaptive sync anyway

1080ti and i7 8700k

I'd favor resolution over refresh rate. You get used to high refresh rate within seconds, but running out of screen real estate is a problem you can't fix.

This. Nobody needs anything more than 1080p 60Hz.

>watching tv or jewwood productions in anno domini 2019
as I said, step away from the fucking screen. It's just your placebo and sunken cost fallacy talking. Unless you're eagle eyed or sit retardedly close 4k has zero practical use, especially on a tv across the room
120hz is already smooth enough to the point that only hurling your mouse across your mousepad on high sensitivity will benefit from it

>muh large numbers
if you're human 1440p 144 already exceed the limitations of your eyeballs unless you're superhuman in which case you wouldn't be sitting in front of your pc all day

I have 1 master rig I use for gaming and all of my work/coding and productivity tools, as well as for watching media on. And so far a 4k IPS @ 60hz is the best balance.

Higher refresh rates are nice, but really only for gaming and I don't do a lot of that these days. Plus even decent CPUs fail to provide 120 or 144hz in a lot of modern high end games making 120hz+ kinda pointless for the most part. The old/simple games will run at that otherwise you need a seriously overclocked i7 or i9 to really make use of that.

4k is playable with modern cards, I run 2 1080 GTX in SLI which works fine for most games at 4k 60fps

The only exception I would make is if you're essentially a competative gamer and you want all the edge on your opponents you can get, in which case 144hz is probably gonna be the way to go, and low response time as well, with a TN panel, unfortunately it'll look like garbage but that's the trade off.

If you run IPS panels at 120hz or more the response time will fail to keep up with the refresh rate and you'll get some really inaccurate colours. Overclocking and high refresh rate meme IPS panels should be avoided, get a cheaper TN and save the cash.

>144hz v.s 1440p
???

Most people getting 4k panels are shooting for a min of 32", that's really where is best to start because at that size you can still read native text in the OS without needing to scale, so it's right on the cusp of productivity, you get the most screen real estate that way, without the PPI being awful. Most people sit about 2ft away from their screens and so you can justify 4k.

Also in gaming the benefit of 4k is to severely reduce jaggies and increase image quality. If you want to maintain good image quality without jaggies then you ideally want high source resolution with the least AA possible, rather than running low res and slapping loads of AA on it, which just blurs out most of the detail.

If the tick rate of a game or a game sever is low, then additional frame rate isn't a huge benefit for smoothness. There's not much point drawing a new frame in the game world if the world hasn't updated, otherwise you're just drawing the exact same frame again. Lerping helps with this but can cause banding about based on how much you predict/assume ahead. Other games with fixed local tickrates like say the engine used for fallout/elder scrolls have fixed tick rates, so does the id tech engine, it's why they often cap the frame rate at 60hz, because rendering above that would be a waste of electricity for no visual benefit.

People are different, I see no benefit in more than 60fps but I sure as hell notice the fine difference in detail at 4k than 1440p

Just needed a pic m8

does a 144Hz monitor feel better for normal work?
I don't care about gaming
wondering if I should finally change from 1080p/60fps setup I've used since forever

Your cursor will feel smoother and thats about it. Not worth the money if you ask me

It is for future proofing. My 1070 was not high end and it pushes high frames in 1440p. Sure you can't get 144hz in maxed out AAA titles, but you can still push well over 60.

You forgot the gas mask and desolate wasteland in the second picture