Apologize about Pale Meme right now Jow Forums

Listen Jow Forums. I know Pale Meme sucks. But stop lying and blowing things out of proportion like you always do. If you only listened to Jow Forums you'd think that all downloads from Pale Meme were infected with malware for the past two years. This is hilariously false. What actually happened was somewhere between April-June of 2019 hackers managed to breach the shitty servers Pale Meme used to archive installers on. They injected malware into Windows installers from before December 2017. Pale Meme noticed and is now looking for a better server host. So unless for some reason in the past four months you had an itching to download and install a two year old version of pale moon (>=27.6.2) from their archive site which I don't think anyone knew existed besides the hackers, you are safe. Now apologize.

Attached: apologize.png (566x500, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20437196
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22553
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The corpse of the last thread isn't even cold yet, OP.

> yes pale mame fucked up
> now apologize
That's not how those threads work op. You gotta have some sort of victory, or at least your competition must've fucked up worse that you.

Attached: 1563209158676.jpg (720x715, 96K)

yeah, still using PM. Raised my eyebrows at the news, read the details, "oh, it's fucking nothing." and continued using it.

Also (not that it makes the idea of malware any better) the malware they injected was only a threat to memecoin users copying and pasting wallet addresses.

anyone have a link or ss from their devs saying you can't get malware from javascript?

The most retarted thing I've ever read. Best wishes to the whole PM-team!

posting at a different time so people in other time zones see it

most of these instances of hackers fucking with legit downloads are usually them trying to steal peoples meme coins so even if you install it its nothing unless you fell for the crypto meme

Go away furfag, your damage control is shit. GO spread virus somewhere else.

That was the final nail in the furry autist's coffin. There is now no reason to trust them with this amateur garage project.

everything's cool

Attached: furrysec.png (604x410, 40K)

w t f
>news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20437196
I thought this comment was a meme but know who knows

Cope more

Chrome number one

how many pale meme users does it take to change a lightbulb?
answer: three.
one to hold the ladder, one to screw in the new bulb, and a third furry to explain to everyone how the light bulb never actually burned out and was never a big deal to begin with because it was only that extra storage closet you never went into except like once a year for xmas decorations

>not using Chrome like a normal fucking person would
Cringe and bluepilled, all of you. I'd rather a comfy botnet than a furfag's cumstained web browser.

OP here. Coincidentally I think 3 is the number of people who use Pale Meme.

>not using Chromium like a normal Jow Forumsentleman would
Cringe and bluepilled, all of you. I'd rather a comfy open source browser than a furfag's cumstained web browser.

so the only thing wrong with Pale Moon is windows users getting fucked over? how is that a problem lol

herp durp! a security fuck up don't matter if it's only made on the OS I don't liek

it sounds like they handled it well, i have no problem with an organization that will publicly address any security fuckups instead of saying nothing and pretending it didn't happen

>it sounds like they handled it well
but they didn't. They blamed antivirus scanners for their fuck up. That is the epitome of retarded. but they are furries so whaduya expect

the severity of the fuckup isn't important, the fact that they let us know is. i think you're just shilling against them without anything to actually say

>i think you're just shilling against them without anything to actually say
I don't have to shill against them, reality is already doing a good job

spread more FUD with no facts, i'm sure it'll pay off big someday

lmfao. sorry I offended one of the remaining 3 fail meme users. I know this has been an emotional week for you.

>that will publicly address any security fuckups
A user reported the issue after getting a reply from Avast support. They confirmed the threat, but continued to shift all blame towards 3rd parties and rallied their supporters against those "evil" outsiders, who will take this as a chance to shit on Pale Moon.
They don't deny it, which is good, but they definitely downplay the issue instead of owning up to it.

and a very profitable week for you, i'm sure :^)

I'm not shilling a browser like you. Or to be more specific, I'm not a shill in full damage control mode. Enjoy your outdated insecure furry code. Maybe one day you'll get a modern browser with a real team of programmers behind it :^)

>modern browser
like what?

adnauseam.

if you're still using this garbage pile of a browser after this level of gross incompetence was shown, you deserve what you get

switch to anything else but ie or chrome Jow Forums bois.
tel aviv on this whole thread right now

>What actually happened was somewhere between April-June of 2019 hackers managed to breach the shitty servers Pale Meme used to archive installers on.
Prove it.

cope

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22553

>just trust me it wasnt 2 years the hackers made it all up
>wheres the proof
>nah just trust me

suckless

No level of proof would ever satisfy you because you'd claim it was falsified. Follow the advice in

more proof than 0 would be nice, especially when a dev has just had the integrity of their project completely compromised

retard lmao

I don't know how one extraneous server compromises an entire project but OK.
>71900084
Come back when you have an argument.

never heard of it

absolute retard

your choices are firefox or chromium. everything else is a derivative

You have to be 18 to use this site.

How about a verifiable archive (archive.org/archive.today) of the download server from say, Dec 2018?