What's so bad about systemd?

What's so bad about systemd?

Attached: 1561555006112.webm (604x661, 1.42M)

muh feelings

The same thing that's wrong with windows.

Linuxfags are brainlets and it's too complex for them to understand.

You need to ask?
www.justfuckinggoogleit.com

Bloated and the devs can't manage it

It seems like a huge step backward to me; every day, our automated checks find more and more machines where systemd stops responding to commands, or where journald stops processing logs. We've got systems in place to drain and reboot (via systemctl reboot --force --force --force since systemd won't let you reboot normally if it has locked up) systems as they are discovered, but it's not a small amount of resources that are wasted due to the systemd.

We don't really gain anything from it, it slows down booting, and makes systems more unstable. It might be useful on laptops, or for other toy systems, but it doesn't have a place in servers.

I don't like change.

init scripts are more convenient than daemons, is the answer I think

Is this why Murdock committed suicide? Because NSA put pressure on him to backdoor systemd in Debian?

>The same thing that's wrong with windows.
But systemd is LGPL licensed.

He is pointing towards an embrace extend and extinguish effect that systemd has on a lot of tools including systemv.

Its a misplaced sentiment based on a perceived similarity to a Microsoft strategy, as systemd and most of the software it "replaces" are open source.

I suspect that most people that feel this way were either brainwashed to dislike the GPL, or fear a lack of support for the tools that systemd depreciates. The first point is delusion and the second point is irrelevant, because the tools still work and haven't changed in decades.

FYI, the daemons that make up systemd can and already are being split up into separate packages.

Excuse me what???

It buggy crapware maintained by smooth brains at Red Hat that seem determined to change Linux into Windows 98. They keep providing brain dead implementations of stuff that that already exists and works like DNS or logging.

i use systemd
dont know what it does

Attached: apu handy.png (900x623, 40K)

>embrace extend and extinguish
moar like
>reinvent replace regret using systemd
daemons are meant to be controllable background processes
systemd is stealing the entire show and is a misnomer in that it is an entire bag of malwares rather than a single daemon

Its made by redhat which is a cia nigger front
It has 4 or 5 million lines of code and is constantly changed making it unauditable
Just use parabola with openrc as init system

I wonder if pagans felt the same way about the Bible

salsa?

spbp

Amagi Brilliant Park

>he thinks systemd is proprietary
Stop being a dumb nigger.

It employs OSO (Open source obfuscation) by being written in unintelligible spaghetti code that makes it impossible for the average individual to comfortably audit. Unaudited code cannot be accounted as secure thus any system running it in it's current form is 100% compromised.