>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: 1534985169886.jpg (1440x1080, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/mechmarket/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Disgusting edition? Disgusting edition.

Attached: 9jehsms.jpg (4608x3456, 3.48M)

>Budget
$180 AUD (about $126 USD)
>Location (continent at least)
Australia
>Preferred switch type
Clicky. I like the feel of Cherry MX Blue, Gateron Blue, Kailh Box White, Razer Green. No cheap chinkshit like Kailh Blue.
>Layout
US.
>Form factor
Full.
I also like having media keys like volume control, mute, pause/play, etc. Customizable macro keys are also a nice bonus.
>Backlight
RGB. I like to color-code keys across different profiles for productivity purposes.
>Previous/current keyboards
Razer Blackwidow Chroma V1 - I liked the feel of the keys and the software was simple enough to understand (bloated though), but the i-key started messing up after a year and a half. Kept registering double presses or no presses at all. This is why I'd prefer to avoid Razer.

Motospeed CK98 - I bought this chinkshit board because I wanted to try the hyped up Kailh White switches. The switches nice, but this keyboard is too big, heavy and bulky. Also, in true chinkshit fashion, it wobbles; they didn't design the stands properly, and I have to put a card under one of the feet to keep it stable. Also, the software is entirely chink, making it near impossible to configure the lighting or macros.

Options I'm considering:

Cooler Master Masterkeys MK750 - Seems to be well reviewed with good software and even comes with a wrist rest which sounds cool. Would prefer to wait for a discount.

Ducky One 2 - See the MK750, but without the wrist rest.

GMMK - Seems pretty interesting, but I wish it had media keys. Also the black keycap set is currently out of stock, and the white keycaps look horrible. All the retailers in AU only sell it with gateron browns.

G910 Orion Spectrum - Probably the only non-clicky keyboard I'm looking at. I know people say Romer-Gs feel like mush city, but this keyboard has just about everything else I want: good software, media keys, macro keys. I can also get a really good deal for it.

Anything else I should be looking at?

I have fallen out of touch with the keyboard game bois help me pls.
>budget
$250 AUD
>Location
Australia
>Switches
MX greens preferred, blues are ok though.
>Layout
ANSI of course
>Form Factor
TKL
>Backlight
Don't care really, would rather quality PBT caps. If it has backlighting it will either be left off or on all white.
Thanks in advance to any helpful anons.

Coming from a white pok3r (non backlit) which i loved.

If you really want RGBTBBQ LEDs then narrow down your search to Ducky (best build quality) and Cooler Master Masterkeys (best software). They both have media keys and programmable macros.

>MX greens
That basically limits you to Ducky, KBP, and Vortex.

I figured. I guess I'll wait for a discount.

There's the IKBC Table E, but that only has a white backlight.

Is this a good keyboard? Rubber domer here

Attached: 1563235649.jpg (1500x1000, 177K)

I just want cheap blank black Iso German layout keycaps, why am I only able to find reasonably priced ones in the US where I'd have to pay 10€ for shipping? Can someone give me a link exposing me as an idiot?

Fuck okie. I don't really have a good grasp on non cherry switches but I have heard that Kalih Box Navy, Pale Blue and Jade are similar, are those switches worth looking at or would sticking to cherry be a safe bet?

Most people rate those as superior to cherry switches, so yeah. Gateron also make decent switches.

What switches

>Cherry "stabilizers"

Attached: 1560869447013.png (490x774, 143K)

>d-dude! just bandaid mod them, clip them, and lube them! then they're good!

Every single fucking Cherry stab I've ever used it awful. Especially on the space bar. Horrible.

>paid premium price for Cherry switches
>they suck

Is Cherry the Apple of mechanical keyboards?

This has been my daily driver for a few days now. Why is it so good bros?

Attached: bck.jpg (1500x1232, 177K)

>Band-aid mod
Ecksdee way to get mushy bottom out.

Lubing and clipping GMK screw ins did at least make them tolerable on my board.

I heard good things about this thing but never had the chance to test it. I saw Amazonbasics has a mech keyboard too, has anybody tested it?

literally just got mine yesterday with MX blues, it's pretty great so far
the keycaps wobble far less (feel and sound better) than in the gayman keyboard I used before and the stabilizers are especially impressive - very smooth and quiet with no rattle

overall build quality is very nice, it's heavy and doesn't flex at all, the matte finish is smooth and looks good

Attached: durgod-k320-nkro-gaming-mechanical-keyboard-39434.jpg (1000x1000, 85K)

Why Jow Forums hates browns?

You mean other than the pathetic tactility?

they're neither properly tactile nor properly linear, they're only so popular because people are indecisive
also they were supposedly really grainy before the retooling

Do you even custom keycap?

Do I always forget image

Attached: pubg-keycaps-backlight-playerunknowns-battlegrounds.jpg (800x800, 123K)

i can build you one for 100 eur (i like building)
shipping should be easy within the eu

>bandaid mod
talk about pretentious buzzwords

light switches are disgusting

topre 45g or 55g?

>buzzwords
I don't think that means what you think it means.

>try romer-g
>this fucking metallic ping
Shame. It feels okay.

Same reason I had to take back my Wooting One. The pinging was killing me. Fucking awful case.

My HyperX Alloy Elite pings too and it's Cherry MX brown. I think it's the aluminium top plate.

There is a brand that putting padding inside the keyboard to prevent the pinging noise, not sure if it's Corsair or Cooler Master.

The ones on my vintage WYSE PCE are pretty nice. Did they get worse? I haven't tried them on anything newer (and don't have any modern boards with keys bigger than the 2x ErgoDox thumbs anyway)

what difference does an aluminum case make? does it make a keyboard sound different or osmething?

Sturdier and more AESTHETIC. Think it might increase sound resonance, though.

Jow Forums's opinion on Kailh BOX white?

clickbar good

55g is generally the preferred weight.

Are there any topre switch testers/keychains that don't go for $10+ a piece?

It's Leopold.

No, just go to microcenter and try one out.

Tfw kangaroo

Attached: 1536598401759.jpg (768x431, 28K)

Who's the dumbass that decided where the standard CAPS key should go?

As with most things blame IBM probably.

ah so more or less useless in practical terms

Yes, it just looks and feels cooler.
Also typing on aluminium feels more solid than on plastic.
inb4 long explanation about the PCB being on aluminium plate and all that, yes I know, but it still screwed to a plastic body.

Reviews say it’s shit so be careful

gonna put together a split 75 when the kit comes in, but my sakurios and hotswap sockets arrived last night. Not mounted on anything yet but they feel really comfy

Just bought this, simply because my current one broke and it was only 120.

How bad did I do?

(Corsair K95 RGB Platinum)

Attached: CZJNXHh8vxNotRDiQP4TCF-1200-80.jpg (1200x674, 114K)

>Budget
Less than $80, if it can be helped
USA
>Preferred switch type
I don't mind clickiness but I don't want it to be too loud. Again, if it can be helped.
>Layout
ansi? idk what this nerd shit is
>Form factor
I want a numpad and function keys. It can have other keys but idc
>Backlight
Customizable would be fun but not necessary. I do want lights tho.
>Previous/current keyboards\
Had a roccat suora that I won in a tournament and then i fucken broke it. Was super super nice. Wouldn't mind a replacement or upgrade from this. Currently using a dirty cum-filled steel series my roommate is lending to me

I want it to be compact! No big-ass wrist rest pls. The cheap AUKEY and REDRAGON keyboards on amazon look nice and I don't see a reason to dodge them, that's my only hunch so far.

Attached: dolphins5.jpg (1200x675, 159K)

So what do we think of the new Keystone keyboard by input club? I was waiting for the Re;Type but I guess they merged that to this. Pic related.

Attached: dd838e9d52c09fc514cf594e59fd1a5e_original.png (680x391, 132K)

I swapped out my pre-retool MX browns for Gaterons, can confirm they were really fucking scratchy compared to the Gaterons.

I've heard some good about Redragon
if you want a real upgrade though you may want to spend a bit more and get a Ducky

Its a good board, the software is good too and it has dedicated media keys and volume wheel, the only thing i dislike is the legend font and textured spacebar

I've been using mine daily since last December. Got mine with MX Reds. It's a really nice keyboard. It's heavy with high quality plastics and keycaps. It is USB C but comes with two cables. One is USB C to type A 3.0 if you're concerned about that. Overall I don't think you could really do much better for $100.

Attached: 20190716_120241.jpg (3072x1355, 2.03M)

Keycaps are ass, software is bloat, and even with a discount it's pretty overpriced.
Could be worse, but a solid meh/10.

80$ + free shipping is pretty great value in Europe, you'd have to pay like 50% more for a ducky

>$200 keyboard with ABS keycaps

Considering the price you paid, it's not bad, it's a solid keyboard, but these gaymer companies using ABS keycaps is ridiculous. Even $50 chinkshit keyboards come with double-injection ABS these days.

I was hyped until they basically said "sorry no beamsprings check back later". Analog hall effect isn't new, other modern companies have done it.

Also they keep saying their software is open source but really all I want is QMK. I don't want some bloated AI bullshit keylogger daemon running on my machine to "make me type faster". It's just a pointless gimmick.

I thought the same thing,very gimmicky. Guess it's time to give up on my dreams of owning that K-type or Re;Type.

WRAP
YOUR
KEY
BOARDS

Attached: mpv-shot0011.jpg (640x480, 88K)

I spilled water on my leopold and now some keys aren't working! I left it out to dry for 24 hours before I used it again but I don't know what to do after that

Can I just pull out the switches with a tool and replace them?

Attached: 1483993740567.png (782x720, 323K)

That's the thing that's irritating. If they just sold me a decent keyboard with beamsprings that I can shove QMK on, I'd be a happy customer. But for some reason they felt the need to tack on a bunch of bullshit gimmick shit for no reason. I'll probably buy some of the switches eventually if people release PCBs for them, but meh.

Is the Leopold hotswap? You'd have to desolder the switches to replace them most likely. Assuming that doesn't fix it, it sounds like it could be a damaged diode, which you'd also have to desolder and replace.

Is there any pattern to the effected switches?

Also don't leave drinks next to your keyboard faggot

>Can I just pull out the switches with a tool and replace them?
it's not a hot swappable board, so no. you're going to have to desolder them, sorry.

>K-type or Re;Type
why are names getting more retarded as the time goes by? even saw a switch named "chocolate white"
nigga, that's gay as fuck

WASH
YOUR
PENIS

Aww fuck guy! I just took apart the keyboard and there was still water in it!

There's some kind of felt material at the bottom that was completely soaked and I've been using it like that for the last few days!

There's no real pattern to the broken switches and yes, it looks like I'd have to de solder them
I'm not too comfortable with doing that, should I just get a new one? What's the best way to sell this messed up one online?

And I just sat my drink down for a moment to turn around and say something to my bf, it could have happened to anybody!

Attached: 1515021879936.png (526x533, 249K)

that's gonna be a yikes from me dawg
Pretty good
>AI sensing
what the fuck is this meme shit
dilate

I'm a twink, not a tranny!!!

I wonder how these compare to MX blues, aside from the sound

>Budget
$150 or so
United States
>Preferred switch type
I will adapt to literally anything, see previous keyboards
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
Anything without a numpad
>Backlight
No
I currently use a Qisan Magicforce with blues.
PLEASE HELP ME THE KEYS ARE TOO HARD TO PRESS AND I JUST NEED ANYTHING THAT FEEL NICE AND ARE LESS RESISTANT!!! My fingers literally hurt nowadays.

Attached: akari_hmph.png (714x574, 299K)

They are quite similar, but I think I prefer box white's

Look for literally anything with Gateron clears, they're the softest linears you can get without getting into niche shit like spring swapping.

>moe pic
>fingers hurt from blues
lmao, why does this not surprise me

Work out your fingers with grip trainers

epic bacon keyboard in sriracha colourway coming through!

Attached: h18fgem9pma31.jpg (4032x2268, 1.09M)

what kind of switches do i look for if I want that purposeful *THOK*, not click sound from my key presses? I press down somewhat hard so im afraid of hurting my fingers on switches that need too little force (i think )

>>AI sensing
>what the fuck is this meme shit
It's good for your typing and gaming goy, stop asking questions goy, it's good for you!

Thoughts on this?

Attached: Microsoft_Natural_Ergonomic_Keyboard_4000.png (2412x1434, 3.29M)

>I just took apart the keyboard and there was still water in it!
May still work then, just dry everything completely.

>There's no real pattern to the broken switches
Switch malfunction then, which specific keys arent working? Is it consistent?

>I'm not too comfortable with doing that
Learn. If it's broken its basically worthless so it's not like you can make things worse. A keyboard, especially switches, is pretty retard-proof. Don't be a consumer whore. Get a cheap Chinese soldering iron, some lead solder, a cheap Chinese solder pump, and maybe a bit of solder wick. Watch a youtube video on desoldering keyswitches.

>my bf
fag

What's with all the fags today?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. That "thok" sound comes from bottoming out, the slider hitting the bottom of the switch housing. Large, thick keycaps will improve the sound, as well as a stiff metal backplate. But, if you're typing lightly and avoiding bottoming out you're going to have less sound. Your question doesn't seem to make much sense.

SA or OEM profile caps
greater than 72g spring
linear

>Large, thick keycaps will improve the sound, as well as a stiff metal backplate
thank you

>THE KEYS ARE TOO HARD TO PRESS
Increase your testosterone levels, you s o y slurping faggot

Topre thocks but they're pretty light

Q, a, s, h, and enter seem to be non-responsive. H came to life for a bit today and then stopped

I have 5 replacement blues coming in the mail so I guess I'll take a crack at it...

Cherry reds are too heavy for me, what do?

Gateron clears. That or don't have literal girl fingers.

not a fan of the soi meme, but this one fits perfectly

Attached: Soy_4d5b1e_6534246.jpg (1200x1200, 221K)

I just want a TKL RGB hot swappable bare-boned board bros.. why is it so hard to find one.

GMMK

>Budget
£~800
UK
>Preferred switch type
Linears or high-quality tactiles
>Layout
WKL, HHKB or tsangan
>Form factor
60 or 65%
>Backlight
I'm not 10
None

It's extremely easy to find, you just have brain damage.

Better than blues, but not as good as jades. Navies are a meme and are too stiff for any actual practical use.

NIB blue alps keyboard

Try to get a M60-A from here: reddit.com/r/mechmarket/

It's the most boutique hhkb type layout board out there. There's been a second round, so you'll have lots of chances to find it second-hand, but dunno if there will be more releases of it.

For linears I'd recommend tealios, for tactiles holy pandas. To change and improve the experience of the you can also buy things like lube, oil, switch films, foam and other materials to fill the case with, etc. For keycaps I prefer ePBT.

Personally I really like the look on the M60-A, and I've also been using the hhkb layout for a while, but it's not for everyone. Good luck with your search

If you don't use navies at least on your space bar you need to go

WAIT FUCK? These are not beamspring?

Not giving my money to input club after the kira. That shit was awful.

They shipped this as is.

Attached: vDNCccl.jpg (4032x3024, 911K)