/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Prime Day and Fantastech sales have arrived

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU (9900K for spendthrifts)
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stocks are limited

GPUs based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - even higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - basic
>RX 5700XT - standard
>RTX 2070 Super - higher framerates in SOME games
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come in mid-August. 5700 blower is alright, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
>SSD Guide (250GB+ SATA bare minimums): i.imgur.com/79MYtoE.png
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: 2019_5-29_MobileSOC_DieShots.jpg (2659x1235, 337K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CGQY9yJqfMs
amazon.com/EVGA-Supernova-Modular-Warranty-220-G3-0650-Y1/dp/B01LYGFRL6/
youtube.com/watch?v=B7NzNi1xX_4
pcpartpicker.com/list/2rYDD2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When you start having bad sectors, it doesn't just straight die. Same with a clicking head: it's really, REALLY bad, an emergency even, but you still have a chance. And it's cheaper.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-16 AMD vs Intel with Gamers Nexus - YouTube(3).jpg (1385x779, 317K)

Is there a difference between G-sync and Freesync anymore?

>new credit card just in time for prime day
>ryzen 3000 cpus have trouble with b450 boards
>decide to go for the 2700X instead
will I have immense regret? how did I do? upgrading from an i7-920 and GTX 660.

Attached: prime day pc.jpg (1103x633, 102K)

How the fuck does RedPro sell such cheap as shit hard disks compared to everyone else?
I keep finding HDD's from them at 4TB be 2-3 times as cheap as HDD's from Seagate or WD blue despite those HDD's having like 2TB. And they seem to have the exact same specs, too.

>credit
Yikes, maybe your priority shouldn't be a new computer but learning how to live like an adult

ok nig/ger
i've got a 1600x at 110 euros (ultra slashed prices according to website) and a 2600 at 130 euros
which one should i do?
i'm pairing it with rx 580
>inb4 just get a 3600 bro
no thanks

Attached: 1562627685424.jpg (355x495, 106K)

A G-Sync monitor is still locked with NVidia.

>will I have immense regret?
Most likely. At least you'll have that blower reminding you of that.

don't get an amd card the cheaper price will level out with electric cost in 2 years

2600 OC'd is better and more energy efficient

2600. 1600X is killer under 100€.

>>ryzen 3000 cpus have trouble with b450 boards

but thats going to be fixed right?

right!?

It’s really sad to see this thread (and board) devolve into /v/ levels of brand wars and faggotry
I’m leaving now, and will not bother posting here again until this retarded AMD/Intel fighting is over

but that would imply extra costs on a better cooler so the price gap would get worse
even despite the better stock cooler?

see you in 10 minutes.

Yes. Pick 2600.

So here’s what I’ve gathered, feel free to correct me
>Intel is still best for gaming, but overpriced
>AMD is much better at work and mulitasking
>AMD suffers from some technical issues and compatibility right now, will probably be fixed soon

right, but when? I need a new pc before september, but I want it now. it's not like I can wait for Black Friday. i was on a budget, i would have spent 2-300 more if I went the 3600. i'll sacrifice the 10-15% single core performance sake of convenience and potentially saving myself a lot of headaches. not like I want to return anything.

Oh no no no no

Attached: poozen btfo.png (1920x1080, 464K)

How long until we can post Intel builds without memesters greentexting again?
I got a wicked good deal on a 9700k and want to know what people think of the rest

What are the ideal timings for RAM?

6TB Seagate HDD for $149
Is this a good deal?

I acknowledge that at least. Thankfully it's the 5700 and not the XT, so it hopefully won't be a problem. I may look into installing my own cooling for it if it really needs it (which I doubt it will), that could be a fun project.

>MSI B450-A PRO
That mb has Bios Flashback button, there should be no problem with 3000

>seagate
no

just post it you fucking beta

Why are you quoting me? My personal documents, family photos, etc. don't add up to over 16gb.
Games, movies, etc. can be redownloaded super fast nowadays, and I usually uninstall when I'm done with them. And all my music is automatically uploaded to Google Play. I don't even stream music from there. You can download your entire library in a single click.
If my drive was to go kaput, sure it would be annoying, but it takes like 1hr to get Windows up and running and programs redownloaded nowadays.

>Bro! AMD is like so much cheaper and more value bro
>But you need a more expensive mobo
>So the total price is actually HIGHER than equivalent (faster) Intel build
>But bro, AMD is wicked value broooooo

the 1600x doesn't come with a cooler or am i missing something?

it's here

youtube.com/watch?v=CGQY9yJqfMs

>Getting new computer since 3 months
>I memorized the store's offer and page already
>It's always one part that's being sold our
>I already prepared 3 alternative ram variants
>Intel 9th series CPUs are sold and also majority of at least average b450/x470 amd motherboards are sold out too

I'm feeling a higher force wants me to not buy the computer

I'm buying i5 9400. I want a computer to work not a meme ricing machine for downloading bios fixes.

>Seagate
hard yikes

>stupid fucking accent
closed the video immediately.
go fuck yourself.

growing pains of a fundamentally different architecture.

Unlike the jump from Phenom to FX, the jump from Zen/Zen+ to Zen2 is like the jump from Netburst to Core.

they're the same concept, but the other is fundamentally different in the way it implements the concept: Zen1/Zen+ is still monolith in nature, while Zen2 is basically chiplets.

I wonder though, if AMD will grant us full control of the IF clock. It seems to be the true clock to adjust when talking about the performance of a Zen based chip.

Rate
Inb4 >Intel
Considering upgrading the SSD, but 660p seemed like best price/performance value

Attached: A4B89C88-B1DA-40A5-95F0-12A0C7095224.jpg (971x3139, 1.59M)

>you need a more expensive mobo
>B450 is more expensive than Z390
sure retard

>durr hurr tech jesus and shillztoocents said so

Imagine being sheep.

>feels bad man
Imagine not bringing technology forward just to make things better for early adopters lmao

There was nothing stopping Intel from making a $500 8c/16t *lake CPU in 2016 except that people were still paying $1000 for 6900ks.
Despite Threadripper selling better than Intel HEDT ever did, AMD is still bringing 16 cores to mainstream after just 2 years.

If you're gaming, the 3600 is better than the 2700X.
Should have just gotten a 550-650W PSU.
Otherwise, it's fine.

AMD is better in actual demanding games and games people actually play like CSGO, Dota2, LoL, PUBG, Kingdom Come Deliverence, RE2, etc.
Intel isn't worth considering at all.

You are beyond help. We already tried with you. Just do your garbage build and waste your money, photo-of-screen-taker.

you don't need an x570 for zen 2 you fucking retard

>noooo!!! be poor with me!!!!
fucking faggot

i use AMD and am poor, therefore why I spend 400$ like it's nothing
kys

exactly
budget cuck

I do a lot of video rendering so I can at least enjoy that advantage of the 2700X.

sure, but don't cry once the i7 10700K with HT drops and you have no one to blame but yourself.

>retards think waiting for Intels legitimate response is being an AMDshill.

as in, 400$ on 280GB SSDs

Thanks for the detailed feedback, guys
Really useful thread

>ryzen 3000 cpus have trouble with b450 boards
*monkeys have trouble flashing b450 boards

as in, budget cpus and cuck cope

>crying absolute gaming performance
>gaming performance helps you game.
>Inturds are those fat faggots with Jordans, thinking they'll win over actual players with New Balance in 3x3.

Navi has less power draw than RTX or Super.

>games people actually play
the shill forgot to take his meds agains

Attached: IMG_20190716_152104.jpg (1080x447, 70K)

>seething

>Inturds are those fat faggots with Jordans, thinking they'll win over actual players with New Balance in 3x3.
This.

>muh Chinese gaming cafes with Sandy Bridge hand-me-downs.

No kitty! That's not food!

Attached: 345346457675.png (605x593, 523K)

>not gaming
So you're wasting your maximum gaming performance on shilling intel.

More people than far cry 5, retard

>implying i'm a gaymer faggot
lmao

the entire reason people are losing their shit is because it very much looks like ryzen 3 beats or competes with intel in gaming performance despite technical issues and even regardless of those technical issues there is the can of worms that their processors have the potential of being way more powerful, potentially twice as fast, under the right workloads. those workloads are not common and most people will not see the benefits of it, but in those situations it's not even a contest, and its only a matter of time before those workloads become more common and multithreading is utilized more in consumer applications

its not like intel became obsolete overnight... but they kind of did if you are one of those people that does utilize those workloads. it's going to be a while before four core processors are obsolete, potentially a long time because laptops are still limited to around that performance level, but i definitely went from thinking my 7600k could last me for the next ten years to realizing it might be less than 5 if this keeps up

>Photo of screen
>No prices

Anyways ssd is a bit dated see if you can find something newer at a similar price.
You could probably save some bucks on a 600 - 650W psu.
Get the asus Z390-E instead, it has integrated wifi, or better yet get the cheapest gigabyte aorus with wifi.
Get faster ram 3200MHz cl16 minimum.
Get a beefier cpu cooler like noctua nh-d15 or le grand macho ecc. and a case with better airflow like the meshify, it will benefit gpu boost and cpu oc.

>ryzen 3 beats or competes with intel in gaming performance
Stopped reading there
Idc what manipulative shit you have to say when you are wrong based on every tech reviewer out there.

>>Don't use Speccy
What then?

>not using an Intel for Maximum gaming
>instead goes to Jow Forums
what a waste of processing power.

pretty much every benchmark looks like this dude
take the reddit level emotional meltdown somewhere else, people are trying to talk about computers

>horrific timings ram
>picks m.2 for storage and not for performance
>msi
Y I K E S
I
K
E
S

So after looking a bit more into RAM and XMP profiles, I find out the frequency on my RAM has always been throttled since I bought it. I try to mess around with that setting, nothing seems to change. Next thing I know, there's all this information about qualified vendors lists which indicate compatibility between CPU, mobo, and RAM...
My particular combo just so happens to not match, meaning I can't reach the advertised speed of the ram I bought. Or at least not with some major tinkering, if there's a way to make it work, then I'm not aware of it.

I had absolutely no idea it worked this way. I've read many things about hardware recommendations, and when it came to RAM, the answer was always "lol just buy the biggest and cheapest who cares". Not even pcpartpicker.com gave any issues when I was planning this build.

In case anyone's interested, I built my first budget PC earlier this year. I wasn't really expecting to game on it until AMD came with the deal of two free games for one of their GPUs, which I immediately took advantage of. This is what I initially got:
>Ryzen 2400G
>B450M BAZOOKA V2
>G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
According to the RAM Configurator section in G.skill's website, one of my options is to get the G.SKILL Trident Z RGB (For AMD) 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz (some faggy RGB sticks) to work with my cpu+ mobo.

Good thing I was planning on upgrading again anyway, but the problem will be the upgrade paths from this point.

Attached: 467836735.jpg (640x480, 39K)

amazon.com/EVGA-Supernova-Modular-Warranty-220-G3-0650-Y1/dp/B01LYGFRL6/

I'm going to assume this could easily run a 3900x and 5700xt?

??? just overclock your RAM. 2800 @ 1.2v is extremely good.
Unless you actually need more RAM, which you probably don't.

Yes.

>Intel is still best for gaming, but overpriced
Intel is better in the high end segment for gaming, if you don't want to spend $400+ on a cpu the 3600 very competitive.
>AMD is much better at work and mulitasking
Yes in general.
>AMD suffers from some technical issues and compatibility right now, will probably be fixed soon
This is normal on new platforms.

>6% difference in GAYMING
>30% difference in everything else.

so you've convinced me to buy a 3900X, thanks.

Yeah bro... the games people actually play don't matter... 100fps is ok...

Attached: firefox_2019-07-16_08-39-15.png (2088x1168, 940K)

*Just a small correction, not G.skill's website, but MSI's

I'll try that now, but why didn't just enabling XMP profile work? I don't understand that.

>27 1440p 240Hz December 2019
COME TO DADDY

Attached: 1530531397212.jpg (640x640, 79K)

2600 or 2600x for best value?
is the better bin and cooler worth the 50$ bucks?

Attached: 1563252336209.png (1196x752, 21K)

torn between a 2700X and a 3600, coming from a 1200

>just has a 900p screen. with an RX460
I'm using the build for just VM work. Would the extra cores be better than the better single core?

should I get a 2070 super?
Is it the "memecard that is actually good" the GTX970 was years ago?

Yeah, must be user error and not shitty beta bioses, dumbo.

hwinfo

I'm saying up the voltage and OC it manually. You can likely get at least 3200CL15 or better on that kit you have. Performance gains will be huge.

5700XT is a better buy. Wait for AIB cards in August if you're too brainlet to replace the cooler yourself.

works on my machine :^)

>Incel: it's an AMD problem that MSI wanted their fancy GUI on every BIOS.

Fuck off, brand loyalist fan boy.

Oh no... not Witcher 3 too... don't tell me Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be better on Ryzen too...................

Attached: firefox_2019-07-16_08-45-48.png (2083x1169, 1.06M)

Hwinfo or HWMonitor

It's a good card but pretty expensive

I don't mind spending 500€ for a card

But it's 1 frame faster on average! Don't look at the 1% lows goy, average is what matters!

Attached: merchant.jpg (220x220, 21K)

>hwinfo
Thanks lads, time to upgrade. Picking up a 7700 or 9900 today.

Attached: UPGRADETIME.png (1920x1080, 679K)

i have a 2600 for 125 USD
cop or nah?
are the price expected to drop in a few weeks?

Attached: wojak.jpg (1600x900, 77K)

>AMD is better in [...] Kingdom Come Deliverence
bruh...

Attached: KCD.png (3840x2160, 2.01M)

Depends on what you get it for
It’s essentially a cheaper 2080
Sometimes you can get it for the price of a regular 2070 and it’s a wicked steal

>when it came to RAM, the answer was always "lol just buy the biggest and cheapest who cares"
this is because ram speed hasn't mattered all that much. it hasn't really been showable in tangible benchmarks until very recently and up until then it was mostly just a dick waving contest. the tangible gap in performance is only a few frames per second in games at the cost significant extra heat from overclocking the memory controller and most gains are seen at 3200mhz anyways

obviously if you can do it, then do it, and if you aren't getting the performance you paid for then you're wasting money, but if you just aren't quite getting the speeds advertised, the price and performance and cost difference between 2133, 2666 and 2800 is pretty negligible if bordering on pointless.

my goal is to play in 1440p ultra 60fps for the years to come. I guess I'll go for it

(Me)
As for TekJeethus' actual channel...
>youtube.com/watch?v=B7NzNi1xX_4

Tl; Dw: Precision Boost and Precision Boost Overdrive aren't the same thing. AutoOC is in the same menu in BIOS, but isn't part of PB/PBO. Currently, PBO+AutoOC does little useful for Ryzen 3000 CPUs. At the very least, it isn't worth enabling for the near error margin differences you get, as enabling it still voids your warranty... though I'm not sure AMD has the ability to check for that.

It's essentially a 1080Ti. 2070S, 2080 non S and 1080Ti have comparable performances, more or less. Turing GPUs will be slightly faster than Pascal, but not by much.

Attached: firefox_2019-07-16_14-50-06.png (1920x1080, 580K)

because the advertised ram speeds are how fast they can be overclocked with XMP, not the baseline operating speed of the ram. it is a maximum performance rating, not a baseline performance rating. which is a cock of shit if you ask me, but i'm not in the DRAM business

Looking at getting something along these lines plus a 5700xt when 3rd party comes out.
Anything in here you guys think is stupid?
Got a cryorig h7 and 3tb bulk hdd left from old pc.

Hoping to get decent performance in VR and snappy productivity

Attached: file.png (1472x1233, 241K)

budget build
where can i optimize cost/perf?

Attached: 1527797416305.jpg (910x752, 59K)

the resident amd shill caught up lying again. Nothing new

>God damn it! I wish this zip-file would extract 0.2 seconds faster

Attached: 854542E9-C561-4445-8CB9-5D0EF7FBF2F4.jpg (1300x866, 65K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/2rYDD2
forgot the link