Alright Jow Forums, I fell for the Amazon Prime meme day and got a surface 6 pro, how much did I fucked up ?

Alright Jow Forums, I fell for the Amazon Prime meme day and got a surface 6 pro, how much did I fucked up ?

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-10-09_at_9.40.31_AM_qnm8-jo_adb7-py_7chy-rv_sh76-oq.png (1628x834, 688K)

you'll regret it when the surface 7 comes out in 2 months with thunderbolt

It's a good product if ms is what floats your boat. Enjoy it user!

I want to throw it out the window whenever I have to use its keyboard.

Yeah, I thought about it but for 699$, I wouldn't want to buy a +1k new one.

Thanks user.

>$800
>8gb soldered ram
>128gb SSD
This is applel levels of kikery. At least MS knows what target audience they want I guess.

ESL

$800.....hmm

I was going to match you op but I was concerned about upgrading and I play WoW every once in a while so I..

I spend $400 and got a Lenovo flex 14...
14" 1080p ips screen(convertible)
3500u(4c8t) vega8 iGPU, 8gb ram, 256nvme, and an active stylus pen..

I went ahead and spend another $130 tho... Ordered a 1tb nvme SSD and another 8gb ddr4 2666

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-083511.png (1080x2160, 1.64M)

I love my surface. I've only had it for 2 weeks tho so I can't give you a educated response.

If it's your only computer it's good.

If it's your portable computer and you have a separate desktop or home computer then it's a bad choice.

I have a home PC and an iPad Pro for the go

the drawing style looks familiar...

this.

>iPad Pro
Fuck off.

>If it's your portable computer and you have a separate desktop or home computer then it's a bad choice.
Wrong

>If it's your only computer it's good.
also wrong

I work at an MSP where we supply these to some customers so there's a pretty broad test range. In short they work pretty well, have horrible I/O so you have to use a dock and they produce display issues because Windows and other things can't handle differences in resolution properly. The firmware and drivers are done through windows update so update if you're using it, they have a separate tool for surface specific updates. They're not horrible and they run pretty well, they're expensive for what they are and it's not the best bang for your buck

What I don't like about this design is that you need a flat surface in order to use it as anything more than a tablet. There are plenty of times I'll be out someplace like a waiting room and set my laptop down on my lap. Can't do that with this. Or lying in bed and rest it on a pillow while I type. Can't do that either. So to me this design is pointless garbage. Might as well just get a regular tablet. Or better yet, get an actual laptop that can stand up on its fucking own.

It's the Apple of PCs.

Too heavy to be a tablet, too shitty to be a computer. Never understood the point of it.

This is incorrect, don't get me wrong I hate the surface but in reality they're lightweight enough to be a tablet and reasonable spec for a standard PC, they probably thermal throttle so you're not getting what you think you are

I like my bulky tablet

t. brainlet

Learn to shit in a fucking toilet, Pajeet.

Seething poorfag cope

lol
iPad Pro is one of the best computing devices on the market right now. And with iPad OS I'm doing at least half of my tasks on my iPad without any issues

What do you think about the $350 Surface Go + keyboard deal? I heard the flash memory one sucked...

Why an iPad Pro instead of a MacBook Pro? I genuinely don’t see the need of a powerful iPad when you could just get a laptop and have a real keyboard.

amen, i got the ipad pro 11" for $629 last week.
currently trying to get it to a state where it can be my daily driver, replacing my 2015 MBP.

street shit harder ijeet

>And with iPad OS I'm doing at least half of my tasks on my iPad without any issue
Too bad i can do all of my tasks on a Windows tablet since forever.

I wouldn't worry this is a Microsoft surface they only last 2 years before breaking.

I have one. I'm in the main demographic as a paper chugging physics student wanting to save the rainforest. It's okay, but because there's so many problems with it (just microsoft things) i avoid using it for anything that isn't writing/reading pdfs. I decided to keep my thinkpad for programming. Also you NEED a table whenever you're using this thing for anything that isn't reading/watching in tablet mode. The kickstand sucks for "lapping" it, and the keyboard flexes too much.
In short, It feels like a shitty tablet/laptop, excelling at neither.

They are SO uncomfortable on your lap because you need the kickstand up. I gave mine back.

>how much did I fucked up ?
depends on how much you paid and the specs.

I basically use my macbook only for programming. Everything else is comfier on the ipad.
> god tier IPS 120hz
> fast af
> light
I wish I could program on it with a real keyboard, then I'd ditch the macbook.

>I wish I could program on it with a real keyboard,
A Good BlueTooth keyboard isn't too dear.
Not if you're serious.

you can buy used surface books (gen 1, in really good condition) off of ebay for 200-400 dollars

Fuck, I'm actually tempted. My hopes for an ARM Macbook earlier than 2020 are pretty low and doubt anything exciting is coming this year, so might as well bite the bullet now.

>1,235€ for 256gb with type cover
Doesn't sound too bad. iPad Pro with same storage + cover without a pen is 1,5k euro bucks and the OS just sounds too limiting.

>I'm doing at least half of my tasks on my iPad without any issues
Which sounds like an issue. Obviously it's a far better tablet but SP6 looks like something that could actually replace a laptop and be used as main device (if you don't do anything that needs a lot power) while iPad Pro feels more like an additional device that's nice to have.

How is the typing on it when on the table? Saw videos where the entire thing moved every time you pressed a key and that was just off putting.

Aren't they fucked by battery life and driver issues?

Surface book is a better form factor