Think about it

Think about it.

If Apple didn't exist, your computers would be beige and stupid looking.

Attached: 1EzWQPLcEtnpwe5.png (540x428, 223K)

What does Apple have to do with my PC now being a black rectangular box instead of beige?

Attached: 5c38efde-fd7d-4443-92de-1a05b444b85f.jpg (1152x864, 274K)

And if NeXT didn't exist you wouldn't be making this post. Think about that.

Appletoddlers love the BBC (Big Black Case).

No, Wintoddlers do. Apple chads like aluminium cases.

They would have all eventually trended towards black. But beige was also fine. Speaking of Apple, the old beige Power Macs have aged more gracefully than the "muh colurs" iMac.

I will say this: if Apple didn't exist, our computers would have proper cooling and port selection.

Attached: IBM-ThinkPad-700C.jpg (800x533, 63K)

And all phones would have headphone jacks.

Imagine if Jobs never returned to Apple. They would still have ADB ports on the latest Macs.

>beige

maxcomfy

why should I give a fuck what my computer looks like

Have you noticed how much their marketing videos focus on the inside of their products?
It's because all the money goes towards making beautiful unrepairable hardware and soldering your ram in elegant ways.

The same reason you want your toothpaste to taste minty.

The blue and white Power Mac G3 doesn't have this problem.

Fuck Apple. I'm so bitter that BeOS didn't gain more traction as an alternative operating system. We could have had pretty yellow window borders on a modern system. Instead, Haiku flounders in a permanent alpha state. Even if Apple had chosen BeOS to rebase on I'd feel better, but NeXT was a good choice. At least it's *nix.

Attached: beos.jpg (409x276, 44K)

>computers would focus on practicality vs muh weird colors

fail to see the down side here

fuck off. its a computer not a vegas performer. pic related, it's the case men get.

Attached: download (1).jpg (259x194, 4K)

They'd have QWERTY keyboards, too.

Without Apple we would live in a Microsoft dystopia where all computers are black and android never made it so absolutely everything runs on a version of windows.

>*nix
Just say Unix. Minix is irrelevant.

Better than our Google dystopia desu

At least Google's operating systems are built on a usable kernel, unlike Microshit's.

I wonder if there would have still been the 3rd party computers with macos today, without having to make a "hackintosh".

I don't mind apple existing and helping trend-chasing retards part with their shekels.

However, I do mind when other companies decide to hop on trends started by apple for really dumb shit like getting rid of headphone jacks, reducing I/O options, getting rid of replaceable batteries, and so on.

No one has gotten rid of replaceable batteries.

>Think about it.

Nah, lol.

Attached: pc.png (168x300, 5K)

>Google's operating systems
the phone ones you mean
the chromebook is irrelevant

its pretty crazy how much apple has influenced modern tech design. the amount of companies that have straight copied the macbook pro or iphone design is insane

The macbook design is probably one of the few good things apple has done. Other OEM laptop producers' designs have always been absolute dogshit. The only acceptable aesthetics for laptops are thinkpad and macbook

I wish I could go to the store and buy bizarrely flavored toothpastes instead of having a choice between mint, """cinnamon""" and another subtly different mint.

>being a man means limiting your choices

agreed. I don't mind the xps design though

My computer still is beige and will be for years probably.

I need a new case. Where can I get a beige case these days?

Think About It.
ThinkStation®.

Attached: The D20.jpg (912x1164, 201K)

Microsoft has fucked computers more than Apple. Then again, some other hypothetical market dominator may have been even worse.

I have this model.

>implying Apple has ever done anything first

Attached: vaio_10th_c_1920x1200[1].jpg (1920x1200, 570K)

beige is sex

Attached: nutt.jpg (1280x856, 125K)

That iMac was fucking hideous, never saw the appeal of it

NeXT wouldn't exist without Jobs.

Apple wouldn't exist without Jobs.

And dare I say, Microshit wouldn't exist without Apple?

Yes, Microshit originally just wrote software for the Mac (MS Office). They made nothing else.

Go kys.

Technology has improved but ergonomics have gone to dogshit and haven't improved in two decades.

I use an old ass thinkpad. My monitor is an array of vga shit I've replaced capacitors in. My smartphone phone is a high battery capacity rugged brick. All the new "ergonomic" shit barely adds positively to the real user experience and I feel like its a clever way to masquerade cutting costs and shitty products as features instead of bugs. Thin "futuristic" rubber dome keyboards that cost $5 to manufacture selling for $100. All in one garbage computers held together with glue and built to break so they profit off repair. But its okay, they're so light! My weak feeble fucking body cares about gram weight differences for things you put in a backpack or even sit stationary on a desk. Apple helped spearhead some degree of physical computer presentation and guis as far back as the NeXT days but haven't done anything positive since. Everything beyond the beige box era of presentation hasn't improved for real desktop or laptop users.

>if Apple didn't exist, our computers would have proper cooling and port selection.

I have to give them at least some credit for embracing USB first. And then making firewire, forcing USB to compete.
>in an alternate dimension we still have all the old ports, because we only have two USB 1.1 ports

>some other hypothetical market dominator may have been even worse
If IBM had succeeded at locking down their PC platform, everyone else would have done it too. It would have sucked so much.

You mean like these?

Attached: índice.jpg (259x194, 6K)

Real men know the importance of beauty.

Attached: d3c5f1c3b6bbfde7904ae41509113270.jpg (600x408, 42K)

>soulless black kikebox
>no airflow

That's from 1985 dawg.

>tfw you had to pay $5 extra for a black faceplate on your cd or floppy drives

Who gives a shit about the flavour of their toothpaste as long as it doesn't taste like arse?

>the old beige Power Macs have aged more gracefully than [...]
This post is so fucking contrarian it hurts, and putting that bland shit you wouldn’t remember at all without the pride fruit on the front of the case really underscores it.

>They made nothing else.
Except for the BASIC interpreter, and later, operating system of pretty much any home computer worth a damn.

fractalshit is literally the PC case equivalent of a fedora

vaio was based. shame it died

I don't give a FUCK what my computer looks like iToddler. Go and give the tranny a handjob at starbucks you waste of oxygen

Hi Clint, I hope you didn't breathe in any asbestos or rat turds in Texas.

>They made nothing else
Except BASIC interpreters and compilers, C compilers, Pascal compilers, Unix OS for PC, MSDOS, OS/2, Windows, spreadsheet and word processors, ...

>If Apple didn't exist, your computers wouldn't look like they look today
Oh God, that would've definitely be a glorious timeline!
>Plenty of I/O ports to go around,
>removable and swapable parts
>I can repair my own crap when it breaks down
Would be truly marvelous
>Can't tell fags and hipsters apart
...hmmm... Good thing we have Apple for that.

>airflow is feminine
what can men do against such reckless faggotry

>Yes, Microshit originally just wrote software for the Mac
Ouch. Must hurt, how ignorant you are.

Honestly, you're exactly right. I won't buy their stuff because it's overpriced and largely shit, but the chinks are good at copying it but nice and cheap.
Thanks xiaomi and oneplus.

whats the nzxt h500

what is this

the snapback

Now they're making the ugliest computers though.

Attached: mac.jpg (1200x675, 91K)

Based case, I have it too.

sure thing user, no other mind in the world could possible come with the idea of plastering colors and lights into shit

Attached: beige & gay.jpg (4160x3120, 2.83M)

Just why put a handle on the case, people don't constantly move thier ccimputer cases around.

To make it look like a tool, like it's actually useful.

maximum pc dream machine 2013