Backend engineer

>backend engineer
>slave away setting up the infrastructure and dealing with things breaking
>business analyst
>take back engineers work, make some graphs in excel, present power point to ceo
>get all the praise

So why would anyone willingly go into this position?

Attached: CB84AFF8128F442992C5D774622FB34F.jpg (525x478, 18K)

>Business analyst
More like software architect. But yes, it's bullshit.

Yes, the world it's not fair.
If you truly want the praise and money you will start shifting to a management position over the years. But theres nothing wrong with being the one who does the work if you enjoy it

you org sucks. Just leave

Get another job offer and watch them kill themselves doing backflips to get you to stay

Or do the presentations yourself, cuckboy

Learn how to better present your work to your management/leadership team or let the business analyst do his job.

Generally companies who have a BA working for them are larger and don't care to let employees waste time on gathering/building reports that management can't understand. No one is "stealing your work", someone is just putting it into a digestible format for management. The BA if getting praised is the justification for your position like it or not if you don't get CEO telling you good work in person.

Which begs the question, why does op care so much about praise? What a fucking faggot. I bet he'd offer his daughter to his boss's hareem if it meant his boss telling him "good job user" in the morning.

That's how I got a scar across my back. Bloody chair tore though 2 layers of uniform and cut me across my shoulder blade

No clue but I am thankful as fuck I don't get seen by the Company CEO and top C levels more than I do.
>can come in late or sometimes just work from home most days
>can have shit on my desk or decorate my personal space without anyone asking "what's that thing" or worried about looks like C levels do
>dick around with my PC, or browse random sites on slow days without being dogged about some random shit because C-levels personal device or iphone is "acting weird"
>leave early if I know I need to do something off hours so not overworked
>no super hard deadlines or someone crawling up my ass about something not happening right then and there
>don't have to wear a suit/tie just show up in jeans and t shirt since only a handful of people interact with me outside emails
>can take vacations longer because working remotely, couldn't do if I was super visible to C levels

I'm fine with not being on a short leash like a Business Analyst would need to be and close to C levels as possible. Let me just fix shit and what not, I'd rather not make powerpoint slides to show how I fixed a bug in a hypervisor, or some firmware upgrade project for our blades/storage/switches

You tell people you got it when you were ambushed by a mountain lion right?

>be CEO of a company
>wagies do all job
>I get all the praise for having successful company
Back to cagie, wagie!

Working in IT to have people NOT notice you is one of the best parts of IT. So long as someone there is showing your use to the company then what's the problem.

If you want to know hell be an IT person that works with CEO/CIO people and everything is a critical issue needs fixing ASAP!. You will be begging for that position of being stuck in a server room back.

Attached: 1558391360897.png (5000x4000, 3.65M)

I don't care if the vp doesn't see me at my desk because I'm a big dick nigga who they fucking need. I never hide the fact that I'm fucking around to all my superiors, do that they know that I'm kicking ass while trying at 30%. I show up in shirts and jeans because I can fucking wear whatever I want. I have unlimited pto and take 3 week vacations.

Cuk

Then why do you give a shit about a bunch of dudes clapping about a presentation then? seems like a non issue if you give that much of no fucks.

>works with no visibility

That just ensures that you will never get promoted. If you don't have any visibility and take on new things, why would they promote you and hire someone else to do your job? You are just proving you are a perfect worker bee for your position

>no visibility/insight into your job functions and how the benefit the company
>wonders why a Business Analysts is praised for providing the company with the insight that you don't give them

Congrats, you don't understand how businesses work. Is this your first IT gig or something?

back end devs make more money than front end
also you dont have to deal with as many niggers and women and pajeets

granted i feel that if you cant do full stack you should just kys and get out of my field

this but unironically
comfy server admin / network engineer positions were the best
desktop support / """software analyst""" / "LEAD" programmer positions fucking sucked

>I don't care if the vp doesn't see me at my desk
t. first 6 months employed

>why would anyone willingly go into this position?
Because you can make a lot of money doing it and only people with daddy issues actually give a shit about getting praise from their boss.

my last place the CIO always wanted Visio...anything we fucking did, someone had to make a fucking visio of it. like turn it into a fucking flowchart for him to understand it.

I do visio's by default just because it's a good way to eat up time and look busy. Also when I go on vacation I always refer to the visio for shit.

once you get visio down and shortcuts of copying designs and stuff around, it takes no time but looks impressive. does suck balls when you have to do something for a small change like firmware update to a blade and update shit in it