There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who think SSDs are a meme

>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who think SSDs are a meme

An SSD is literally the most cost-effective computer upgrade you can buy.
>b-b-b-but i never reboot my computer!!!
>why do you need fast startups for???
Having a beefy CPU and maxed out RAM slots doesn't mean shit when your spinning rust drive is still being thrashed every time you do anything.

Attached: A0C3B0C7-C66A-4361-8AB9-C941ECC78A21.jpg (1536x2048, 605K)

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/computing/205382-ssds-can-lose-data-in-as-little-as-7-days-without-power
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there really any more people like that on here though? It's not like its 2011 and SSDs are a semi new thing, its a thing that even like 99% of gaming normies are on board with these days.

>he doesnt just boot from a usb3 drive

Attached: 15478962789746785.jpg (437x431, 21K)

hey i posted this girl the other day, good taste OP

yeah SSDs are awesome, how about that

who's this whore?

some guy playing dress-up.

That woman is beautiful.

I use them but really I don't notice the speedup, precisely because I don't boot often. Really the main selling point of SSDs isn't that they're fast, it's that they're silent.

she would look better without the contact lenses

There’s always contrarian trolls who pretend to prefer hdds, crts, utorrent 2.2.1, AMD videocards etc.

99% of normies only use flash stoage via tablets/phones/laptops, nobody uses HDDs anymore

wish i didnt post our weddings pics online now all kinds of greasy weirdo freaks like OP keep posting my wife on the internet

they're great as long as you keep them powered up
extremetech.com/computing/205382-ssds-can-lose-data-in-as-little-as-7-days-without-power

I'm using an HDD right now and upgrading to an SDD would not improve performance on this shitpad from 2007 at all.

Attached: +_ef2e09c751d9447f134e863fb9314132.jpg (490x344, 27K)

h*ck off nerd, liyu is mine

i want to nakadashi liyu

my wife is so cute

how do i contact an admin to get my wifes pictures taken off this website

>I never reboot my computer
That was me in the xp era but now the sleep mode is somehow worse then just a normal boot. Not sure how Microsoft maneged to so that.

It's actually the best upgrade for an old laptop, it's the difference between night and day.

please do not post my wife on Jow Forums

SSDs are not a meme but these threads are straight up spam.

Stop posting my wife please

Video number please

she posts in a lot of places, just reverse image search

my SSD is used for storing baseball facts

Attached: 66331693_2437258299653500_8341914657265569164_n.jpg (1440x1799, 249K)

I don't own one yet, but for me they seems good for laptops in general, especially the old ones. Less energy consumption, less heat, faster, etc... By the end of the week I'll put one on my old netbook.

should i turn off the pc after use with an ssd installed win 10?

Yes.

my laptop kept freezing at 100% disk so i got an ssd and its good now

there was a bin at microcenter with 128GB 2.5" SSDs for $12
there's no excuse
even doing the classic C:\ Windows Drive + One or Two Games and D:\ 1TB drive being literally anything else

should i put locations of Downloads, Pictures, Videos etc. on my HDD instead of SSD?

>phoneposting
>japanese girl image
>trying to troll and bait

Yep, looks like we got ourselves another overweight cringe master.

I put videos on the HDD just because they take up so much space. Pictures I keep mirrored in the SSD because I only have like 8GB worth and it's handy to access them without spinning up the rust.

my wife liyu is chinese

>SSD
>cost effective
fuck's sake, a 2tb SSD costs many, many times what a regular 2tb HDD does
SSDs are for ADHD riddled zoomers

Who gives a shit, they're still expensive compared to HDDs and require babying.

I got my first ssd in the mail today, it's a $20 Kingston 120gb ssd. I'm thinking about installing arch or ubuntu 18.04 on it, but i'm not sure yet

reminder that qt azn goddesses make techlets MAD SEETHING IN ANGER

Attached: nancy-Zcptt0m.jpg (1592x2048, 512K)

works on my machine

Nice.

source

>dies on you after a year
Th-Thanks Jow Forums.

>and require babying.

Justify this statement

im glad i spent the time to teach my wife to play baseball

It's good for booting your PC fast and that's about it.

if i buy ssd does it come with qt azn gf?

shes a 4/10 fellas

Is that on Windows 10? I have this problem on 2 separate machines, and so do a million other people if you google it. The primary culprit seems to be MsMpEng.exe which is part of Windows defender. And it does that Windows bullshit where even though you have it "disabled" it's still running in the background. Fully turning it off in the registry made it work much better, but I still get disk usage pegged at 100% at times.
Running GNU/linux doesn't have this problem and I'm not going to get an SSD just because Windows 10 is shit. Microsoft put out a half-asses article addressing this in 2015 and it's still a major issue 4 years later.

he types while breathing heavy

Please tell me she has a dicc

Only good for accessing a large number of small files. a.k.a booting times, or mobile devices
Shit otherwise

I would unironically kill myself rather than going back to hdds.

Is this a good thread to ask for recommendations on the best HDDs for RAID configurations?

what about nvme? is it a meme?

My wife liyuu is so cute

>>b-b-b-but i never reboot my computer!!!
>>why do you need fast startups for???
why none of you mention that applications start faster, browsers works faster because cache works faster, file explorer works faster, file access is faster etc.
but all i hear when someone shill for ssd is boot times, boot times are irrelevant because you don't reboot 100 times a day

It is, at least for normal usage. NVMes are really useful only for something like video editing. It'll barely speed up something like vidya level loading over sata ssd.

stop posting my wedding photos please

You’ll notice it when your computer still runs fast 2 years later and you don’t have to defrag.

It’s literally how apple built their reputation for “fast” computers in the eyes of normies, they adopted the ssd very early in a world of shitty noisy hard drives

The benefit of the ssd extends well beyond boot times, I don’t even restart my computer for a month at a time.

she uses an SSD... why don't you, user?

Attached: photo_2019-07-17_09-12-44.jpg (961x1280, 135K)

They're about the same price as a SATA SSD and the performance improvement is noticeable even during normal usage so there's basically no reason not to get one if you have a slot for it.

I've had this issue too user, windows defender is shit with cpu and disk in general so everyone should just disable it from the registry on the first boot, I think it also kept happening afterwards like you said but I managed to get it fixed somehow. Happened about 3 years ago so I can't remember what fixed it.

imagine being this much of a beta orbiter
pathetic

okay bitch

You can't put your pizza on it without worrying about it getting on an unerasable bad block.

I literally cannot wait for the day that HDDs become obsolete and go the way of tape drives, only being used for offline backups. The only thing HDDs have going for them right now is price/GB for bulk storage, and once SSD prices fall low enough, there will be no reason to go for one of those instead.

Attached: dagumi.jpg (199x328, 18K)

post feet and butthole

well have fun with those hexa-level cell nands that'll last for maybe 150 writes

Worth it for the read/write speed.

Checked for antisemitism bad goy

You lost me at
>cost-effective
I can get an 8TB NAS HDD for $200, why would I spend the same for a 2TB SSD that sucks up a PCI slot?

I got two this way, I plan on replacing my other 3 HDD this way as well. Might get a shitty 250GB SSD to keep the OS on though, for faster boot and what not, based on the advice of a Jow Forumsenius.

What is reading comprehension?

Attached: 1547061639413.png (500x340, 161K)

does she have nudes?

>plastic shit
>beautiful

ssd is botnet

Your mom is botnet, user

yes, so it doesnt mine monero while you sleep
>defrag
ntfstard
all round cuck
>more than 5gb os
winfags

SATA SSDs aren't a meme, no.

Attached: smug.png (765x720, 545K)

wrong, dunce.

it’s basically the only upgrade you could do to that laptop that would significantly increase performance

>get SSD
>GIMP still takes ages to load in Windows.

Attached: 1513037293739.jpg (1200x675, 133K)

Wtf

nigger when did I ever mention defrag in my post don't (you) me

>use windows
>everything slow because i use windows
>wtf why is everything so slow Jow Forumsuys?????
t. autist

Attached: 1547278489081.gif (500x376, 337K)

stop making my peepee hard faggot

>spinning rust
Platters have been made of glass longer than you've been alive, zoom zoom.

enjoy your 2 year lifespan ssd fag.

This thing would actually be faster in practice?

>Platters have been made of glass longer than you've been alive, zoom zoom.
Still coated with rust.

>gnumale shit
>slow
imagine my shock