/fwg/ - Fuck Windows General

windows is so fucking trash look at all this preinstalled capeshit

even poobuntu is better ffs

anyways if you're ready to use an OS made for a real man, follow this guide wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_Guide

Attached: consumerOSfuckingsucks.png (1366x768, 558K)

Other urls found in this thread:

haiku-os.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But at least Windows works (unlike linux).

Attached: 1544870196316.png (588x391, 448K)

nice b8

also not true

even Pajeetbuntu works better than windows OOB and has less bloat

Imagine being too stupid for windows
I can't fathom it

or you could install windows 7 and debloat it

Works on my machine

linux looks like shit and runs like shit

no thanks

Screen still flickers with more than 60 Hz because of shit drivers

>look at all this preinstalled capeshit
>capeshit
Hey user, have you hit your head recently? You should see a doctor.

Windows 10 AME is the only version that I can tolerate. I got a clean ISO from Microsoft and used the AME websites guide so I didnt have to download their ISO and risk botnet

Attached: AMEmp4.webm (768x600, 718K)

>Not using the latest build with less bloat or LTSC or even Windows10Debloater
>OS for real men
>Arch Linux

Too pro for Windows, too noob for Gentoo.

Finally a good thread! upvoted
>even poobuntu is better ffs
uhh, jk it's a shit thread

yep

>linux on the desktop
>unironically
Take a look at haiku.
haiku-os.org/

>retarded random words
>reddit spacing
>arch

Attached: 1334329164853.jpg (366x380, 19K)

Windows 10 is trash, yeah. But desktop Linux is a joke. A bunch of volunteers working in their free time can't compete with big companies.
>b-but Redhat and shit
They only care about very limited corporate use cases, they don't give a shit whether your chinese cartoons play fine or whether your USB soundcard resumes from sleep properly.

The desktop Linux community needs to work together and assure sustainable income (so that you can pay quality devs to do boring shit 8 hours a day).
Otherwise it will always be two steps behind Apple and Microshit.

Making a profit off a real desktop OS nowadays is really hard and nobody want to take a giant risk fucking with Microsoft.
There's google using Linux to compete with Windows, but obviously they want an always connect OS so the users have to rely on Google services rather than a dependent OS.

>Making a profit off a real desktop OS nowadays is really hard and nobody want to take a giant risk fucking with Microsoft.
I agree.
Which is why Linux should be funded by donations. Imagine if every frustrated Windows user donated just $5 a year, we're talking about many millions....
But first there needs to be a clear plan and a competent company that won't fuck it up. This is the hard part.

Linux is a kernel, retards.

everytime im frustrated with Windows I'd rather donate 5$ to microsoft, as unlike Linux it actually works w/o me needing to code drivers ffs

Are you retarded? The Linux Foundation already makes several millions and id backed by large companies like Microsoft.

A kernel not designed for low latency and thus unsuitable for the desktop, brainlet.

Windows' kernel is also not low latency. As such, it is unsuitable for the desktop as well.

Sure, but what is your point? I'm not defending Windows, which by the way still manages to behave far better than Linux.

I originally wanted to post that you're a fucking moron who doesn't know what low latency even means (because if you did you wouldn't think that a desktop system needs it), but I didn't want to overload your small thinking capacity.

>you're a fucking moron who doesn't know what low latency even means (because if you did you wouldn't think that a desktop system needs it),
You're pretending not to notice:
- I/O latency spikes taking seconds to resolve, with several GUI tasks blocked and thus non-responsive.
- CPU scheduling latency causing perceived stutter and/or audio cuts when not running your audio with large buffers. (pro audio, or even streaming, require small buffers for low latency).
Using Linux-rt solves most of the latter, by adding a load of kernel preemption points. It also mitigates the former, but not as successfully.
Ultimately, a user-facing system will suck if it isn't responsive, and a non-realtime OS is thus unsuitable for the desktop.
Thus, what you're experiencing is a mixture of Dunning–Kruger effect and outright being delusional.