/fugg/ - Fuck Google General

/fugg/ Fuck Google General

>Rom
LineageOS: lineageos.org/
LineageOS for microG: lineage.microg.org/

Stay away from Pajeet roms from XDA.

>Root
SuperSu: supersu.com/
Magisk: forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

>App "Store"
F-Droid: f-droid.org/
Aurora Store: f-droid.org/en/packages/com.aurora.store/

>FOSS alternatives of Google / closed source apps:
Chrome - Fennec F-Droid: f-droid.org/en/packages/org.mozilla.fennec_fdroid/
GMail - SimpleEmail: f-droid.org/en/packages/org.dystopia.email/
GMail - Tutanota: f-droid.org/en/packages/de.tutao.tutanota/
Google Gallery - Simple Gallery: f-droid.org/en/packages/com.simplemobiletools.gallery.pro/
Google Calendar - Simple Calendar: f-droid.org/en/packages/com.simplemobiletools.calendar.pro/
Google Maps - OsmAnd+: f-droid.org/en/packages/net.osmand.plus/
YouTube - NewPipe: f-droid.org/en/packages/org.schabi.newpipe/
Whatsapp - Signal: signal.org/android/apk/

Attached: fuck_google.jpg (600x361, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
f-droid.org/
github.com/ungoogled-software/ungoogled-chromium-windows.git
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>LineageOS for microG
What's the practical difference? Can I install microG on regular Lineage?

whats the Google free alternative to the Go programming language?

MicorG emulates Google Play services, you can't do that on regular LineageOS you need patched LineageOS thus there is LineageOS for MicorG

first for Brave

Attached: brave-logo.png (654x768, 126K)

Python

bad joke, not even funny

Attached: unnamed (1).jpg (436x337, 22K)

Nim

There will be sub-interpreters in Python 3.9, they should solve the GIL problem without downsides of the multiprocessing (startup times and IPC costs)

Religious hat
Big nose
Hands rubbing

For protestor they sure aren't very passionate. They're really halfassedly holding that sign.

>Stay away from Pajeet roms from XDA
LineageOS from for your device is maintained by a pajeet.
>fenec
Sjwfox?

Why can't I root any of these cheapass burner phones, like this Alcatel Raven A574BL I got from the gub'ment?

Brave is spyware
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html

Attached: botnet.png (770x578, 287K)

I don’t need your circumvention.

>Sent from iPadOS 13

Is there any decent [spoiler]android[/spoiler] browser that isn't trash/botnet?

firefox
icecat

Is naked browser a botnet?

Lightning

>fagOS

>SuperSu
why would you make a thread about escaping the botnet and then recommend rooting software that's literally closed source and owned by the chinese
why would you use something proprietary to root your phone
you fucking idiot

I installed an XDA pajeet lineageos rom for my Mi A2. Thinking about rather flashing lineageOS for microG but it's just in the 14.1 version.

he said decent

If I install microG will I be able to use my banking apps? They need the Play services and I don't want to go through all the hassle and then be unable to use them.

is not botnet
is decent

on mobile devices, you pick one.

>install Newpipe
>try to load a video
>any network issue whatsoever
>video will refuse to load
>video will never load again until the end of time despite restoring the connection or even reinstalling

Anyone else have this issue?

Is there at least one with ad-block addons or in-built?

yes, you can install ublock origin with both icecat and firefox

>Rom
If you have a Pixel device, absolutely go for Graphene OS instead. Incredibly based hardened android.
My next phone will be a Pixel strictly for this reason.

Looking to upgrade my VZW Note 8 to restore muh privacy. Was going to buy a Pixel 3a XL but didn't see many ROMs for it. Thinking about the OP7 pro but can't part with that much cash at the moment. What y'all using for phones.

bromite

What apps need microG?

>proprietary
>cares about privacy

Don't forget xposed + xprivacy or privacylua.

>removing search engines altogether
Why? Yacy is good enough.

is there something that simulatea google maps cauz my apps wont work.without ut

Safetynet. For mofern phones Opos and Pixels are only phones you can unlock bootloader.

You are cucked if you have Samsung, Huawei etc

Open Street Maps.

AndOms from fdroid

ok babby's second rom install
>got adb, fastboot, already ran twrp on my phone
>no drivers, my computer recognized the phone (?), I'm on debian 9
>already have the lineageos for microg 14.1 zip file
>I'm on lineageos 16 pajeet edition atm

Now is it as simple as wipe system, data, cache, dalvik, THEN adb push lineage-microg.zip and install from twrp?

>F-Droid: f-droid.org/
Remove this

>first for Brave
And last, hopefully

Why should I use simpleemail it doesn't look like its being developed or even kept in sync with fairemail

Reminder that de-Googling is impossible for most normies because how the fuck are you supposed to get things like your bank's app when they only host it on Google Play?
Considering that federal agencies like USPS offer apps exclusively through Play Store, we're practically in South Korean government sponsored Internet Explorer ActiveX banking websites territory.

Nice quads.
Also you should mention that kakao owns the other half of everything in Korea

well fugg

can you do something like dual boot on a phone?

there are things that allow you to get playstore apks, without using the playstore. then you can install it manually. and if your bank app checks for root, magisk can bypass/hide root check.

theres SafeStrap, which was for the Galaxy S4 for newer updated models that couldn't loki patch for full unlocked bootloader, which allowed you to install a secondary rom and root it, with that you could dual boot roms. I am unsure if other phones have similar features.

honestly the s9 with lineageos looks fucking awesome

He says as he posts with google captcha

I need help bros.
I've been trying to build ungoogled-chromium and I already have everything downloaded/installed but since I'm not into programming I have no idea what they meant by "TAG_OR_BRANCH_HERE" in here:

git clone --recurse-submodules github.com/ungoogled-software/ungoogled-chromium-windows.git
# Replace TAG_OR_BRANCH_HERE with a tag or branch name
git checkout --recurse-submodules TAG_OR_BRANCH_HERE
py build.py
py package.py

wat do?

Attached: D_SBEW3XsAAl8kA.jpg (778x1100, 100K)

tag_or_branch_here just means what branch of the repo you want to use.

just type master where they want tag_or_branch

I'm using AOKP since LineageOS don't support my shitty phone anymore. Anyone on the same boat?

OK guys I'm going to save you lots of time and prevent any headaches. I just finished installing LineageOS and I wish somebody have told me this.
>t. Ex-Recognized Contributor at XDA.

DO NOT:
- Install LineageOS 4 microg. It's DOESN'T work and its buggy as hell.
- Use OpenGapps. If you have to, atleast go with nano or higher (beware some functions may not work e.g Auto, Dialer).

So why do we need Gapps? Trust me I was ready to go without it, that is until some of my apps I needed to use had internally fucked with Google with GCM or Firebase or whatever. One way to determine which apps rely on Google services is to Freeze (disable) the Google Play services and frameworks and see if your app still runs.

Back to the guide. Backup all your app+app data with oandbackup. Default backup location is the sdcard.

Get an official build flashed. Follow their install guide for more info. Make sure to backup your internal sdcard beforehand cause it WILL be wiped. I assume you have TWRP.
>Reboot into recovery
>Wipe all data
>Sideload LOS.zip
>Reboot bootloader. (Need to remount system)
>fastboot boot twrp.img
>Flash MindTheGapps and reboot
>Setup phone etc and reboot into bootloader
>fastboot boot twrp.img
>Flash TWRP.zip
>Reboot recovery
>Install Magisk and reboot
>Restore backed up apps and sdcard etc

Install these modules:
- Busybox for Android NDK
- liboemcrypto disabler
- MagiskHide props config

Magisk Hide any apps that block you and don't like you having root or a custom ROM. E.g. Netflix, banking apps, etc.
- Open Magisk Manager drawer on the left
- In Magisk Hide, check the apps you want to spoof

Certify your Play Store:
www.xda-developers.com/how-to-fix-device-not-certified-by-google-error

Download AFWall+ and block any apps that don't need internet or ones you're not using so (((they))) don't spy on you in the background.

And you're done. Enjoy.

I compiled Ungoogled Chromium last night, and It's pretty decent so far. But how do you protect against fingerprinting?'

IceCat had a good selection of options built in, but pretty much all you can do on Ungoogled is disable Javascript. How would I go about spoofing referrers and user agent, disabling custom fonts, disguising screen resolution, etc? I thought this browser would allow me to go crypto-normie, but I'm slightly more identifiable than before.

amiunique.org

Some extra notes.
>Privacy Gaurd + Restrict WiFi/Data Usage setting (App's info) + AFWall + VPN
>Get comfy.

If you didn't know already, DO NOT use microG. It's good on paper but a long shot in terms of practicality. It was good in the past but now it just doesn't work at all. Just stick with the officially recommended MindTheGapps. It just werks. Afterwards you block most if not all of the spyware.

You should take a look at firefox klare.
It's comfy.

Firefox Focus is the only worthehile mobileshit browser

>F-Droid
Stay away. Infected by intolerant politics.

This is whst holds me back from doing this

>Remove F-Droid
Why?

Ignore proprietary trolls

is there even something that isn't proprietary to root phones?

redpill me on graphene, is it actually worth using?

outstanding job OP

fuck google and

Can I please have a shortlist of non-pajeet ROMs? Lineage no longer supports my device (whyred).

I'm not sure if you're concern trolling or just incredibly thin-skinned.

What's the alternative? Google Play? Some threadbare piece of shit that will die in six months? Encouraging people to program and compile their own apps as the only way to escape the horrors of real life? Grow up, user.

when will yall learn ess jay dubs hate companies and the government just as much as yall do (albeit for none of the same reasons)

Fuck me, I could literally see the picture in the text you posted