Who's hyped for cheap OLED panels?

China’s lead over Korea in the display industry is likely to expand as 12 Chinese display manufacturers will set up a total of 38 new factories, 19 for large panels and another 19 for small and mid-sized panels, by 2022. LG Display and Samsung Display, the only two Korean display manufacturers, are expected to have fewer than 20 new factories in the same period.

“China’s display market share is expected to reach 58% in 2023," said David Hsieh, a director at IHS Markit during the Korea Display Conference 2018 held at El Tower, Yangjae-dong, Seoul on Nov. 6. “Its market share will be overwhelming number one and more than double that of Korea."

Now China has slightly more display production capacities than Korea, but the gap between the two will widen later. "Some analysis says that China is concentrating only on mid- and low-priced displays, but that is not true," Hsieh said. "Chinese display makers are developing the latest technologies such as OLEDs and penetrating the market quickly."

IHS Markit diagnosed that Chinese display makers were putting pressure on their Korean competitors while rapidly expanding state-of-the-art factories. The 12 manufacturers, including BOE, CSOT, CEC Panda, HKC, CHOT, Tianma, and Ever Display, will secure 19 factories for eighth- and 10.5th-generation large panels and another 19 for 5.5th- and sixth-generation small- and medium-sized panels.

"China is waging a price war in the low panel market. But if and when they take control of the display market, they will set panel prices at their discretion. Korean companies should continue to decisively invest in new tech
businesskorea.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=26381

Based China saving the day once again

Attached: 1548789947672.jpg (1200x867, 374K)

Nice. Fuck LGook monopoly keeping the prices artificially high to meet corporate profit margins.

OLED is fucking trash

poorfag cope

It's fucking retarded that we still only have LCD as the dominant display technology.

LCD is fucking trash. QD-OLED will do until microLED is out there to destroy outdated competition.

When will you learn?

Attached: LED-vs-OLED_3-9001.jpg (900x351, 236K)

Oh no no no

Hahahahahahaha

>there are people on Jow Forums who will defend this

Yay burn-in!

>leave my OLED TV on for 5 hours
>come back and see this

Attached: s-l1600-2.jpg (1600x1088, 63K)

poorfag cope

burn-in has been fixed in the modern generations

oled for pc use seems like a bad idea unless i've been memed on about burn in

Enjoy your burn-in an no brightness
>600 nits
topken

>oled for PC monitors
enjoy your UI burn-in

tech would be perfect if they could actually fix this shit.

>who's hyped for cheap shit that fades after a year of usage
Nobody

Enjoy your shitty ghosting thanks to slow pixel switching.

I'm getting old, I don't give a fuck.

And LCD is even worse

It's perfect for my basement. You could also just shut your windows, retard.
>burn-in
Nice meme, poorfag.

>not knowing that OLED has a nearly-instantaneous pixel response time

It's 2019 and I'm forgotten

Attached: 201B45_74-TLP-global-001.jpg (1250x1250, 73K)

shill harder lg merchant

Philips?

QLED is not a replacement for OLED, samshill. It's a marketing lie to sell LCD crap to boomers.

Shutting your windows or blinds does not magically improve peak brightness. Most HDR content goed up to 1000+ nits peak brightness is specfic areas of the frame which your OLED TV is unable to reproduce. So while you get perfect blacks, you get shit highlights. FALD LCD is the other way around.

I'm not buying Chinese shit over LG

Nobody said anything about Samshit or QLED. We’re talking about OLED and it’s massive short comings in brightness and burn in issues.

Basically wait for MicroLED

>Most HDR content goed up to 1000+ nits peak brightness
Sounds like a really dumb gimmick. Does anyone really need this? You won't see that much brightness in a cinema theatre.

I'm not defending shitty LCD either. All panel types are fucking trash.

Ever had an OLED TV or phone? Anything moving inside a dark/black background has shitty ghosting.

>HDR is a gimmick
Less of a gimmick than 4K senpai

>4-fold increased information density
>less of a gimmick than muh excessive brightness

It doesn't bother me. LCD looks like blurred shit when I'm scrolling.

>tfw if we had SED we probably could've had wavelength-tuned carbon nanotube light-emitting elements or something at 240 FPS
>more than 15 years later we're still getting jewed

wtf are Jow Forums memes doing on Jow Forums?

zoomers

we’re expanding senpai

OP is a clueless fucktard

cringe

Japan's JOLED is better

They'll only sell those to auto manufacturers. ASUS OLED gamer monitors are vaporware.

Gentlemen, behold.
This is the Ikegami HTM-1990-R 19" HDTV/SDTV Multi-Format Color Monitor.
1080i with region detection. This is a MANS computer monitor. And it can be yours for $9,000.

Attached: 1246615316_632863.jpg (500x500, 61K)

Black pill here: Your cheap OLED monitor isn’t coming
You could have sub $500 4K OLED TVs everywhere but you’ll still be raped for $1k+ on some 1080p OLED shit because the desktop market is dead and those who still make monitors know they can swindle you for everything
Hell IPS is still treated as a premium option

>1080i with region detection
What did he mean by this?

>he's giving his money to soulless bugs living in a totalitarian dystopia

Attached: 1559493482035.jpg (700x460, 265K)

It's 1080i in 720p with NTSC/PAL Auto-Detection so the frequency isn't a problem.

Attached: 1246615316_632863.jpg (746x319, 58K)

>poorfag cope
Thread is about cheap oleds for poorfag.

Do you hate cost reduction or something?

OLED BAD
LCD GOOD

Attached: 1555090703082-0.jpg (636x773, 32K)

OLED is currently pretty bad unless
A: they fix the burn in
B: reduce the cost

Since they have done neither I’m content with current VA LCDs

Ive heard something similar before, there was some kind of "oled alliance" formed some years back that was supposed to bring oled panels to mainstream computers mainly laptops and smaller sized displays, that never happened. It seems everytime new oled company pop up it just becomes the part of monopoly.

No company wants to bring OLED to the mainstream market when they realize how much they could charge for them
The desktop monitor market is on average behind damn near every other market that involves displays and it’s mostly because monitors are big profit which is the opposite of general computer hardware which is all pretty low margin
Why sell an OLED monitor for a few hundred bucks when you instead sell the same thing for $5000? (See ASUS)

> VA
> That fucking ghosting
no thanks

Modern VA doesn’t ghost any worse than IPS
The problem is most monitors are still using old as shit panels
Even bottom of the barrel VA 4K TVs are leagues above some of the VA panels you find in monitors and I know that sounds so asinine compared to what you otherwise might have been fed but looking at rtings.com which tests both has been somewhat of an eye opener

The main fix for OLED is quantum dots, so all the OLED subpixels are just white and have equal endurance.
The problem is: that's exactly what also makes microLED viable, and microLED is better.

meme

retard, no one is defending crappy LCD here but keep coping

Stop taking drugs

OLED believe it or not is cheaper than higher end LCD TVs at least in Australia. The low end samsung are fucking garbage and the Q80/Q90 (the only ones worth considering and can sort of hold a footing to oled) are more costly than an OLED

I have a LCD TV I bought in 2009.
I don't even know the kind of panel it has (probably TN?)
Is it worth upgrading?

Probably
I used a small Vizio as a monitor from like 2008 and even a crappy asus TN was a upgrade
You’ll probably want to read reviews as looking at TVs on display is no help when they have the Best Buy filter on

No.