Honest VPN recommendation

Is VPN just a meme? It became extremely popular recently does it even work? Or is it just a placebo effect?
Which VPN's would you recommend?

Attached: 1531564578680.png (951x486, 370K)

Other urls found in this thread:

computerweekly.com/news/252466203/Top-VPNs-secretly-owned-by-Chinese-firms
github.com/dessant/buster
nordvpn.com/blog/torguard-lawsuit/
airvpn.org/forums/topic/26206-rebuttal-of-article-dont-use-vpn-services/?tab=comments#comment-71200
4channel.org/pass
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>buy vpn
>can't use Jow Forums
>disconnect VPN

That's my VPN experience

It doesn't matter, all the top VPNs are owned by the Chinese.

computerweekly.com/news/252466203/Top-VPNs-secretly-owned-by-Chinese-firms

VPN is a meme. Use Tor.

Mullvad has always been the only honest answer

Attached: 1562180418821.jpg (1024x532, 58K)

>he doesn’t have a pass
Newfag

I bought a pass just for this. It feels retarded browsing without a VPN after getting used to it. Since I post a lot on Jow Forums, it felt like I wasn't even using the VPN anymore because of having to repeatedly do the retarded shit in your post. Bit the bullet and bought a pass just so I can actually use the VPN. I could've just posted less so I don't waste my time here either but I have low IQ.

>he gives gookmoot money
cuck

Fucking this

$20 to avoid google services, pretty good deal unless you’re a windows using faglord

github.com/dessant/buster

Open incognito tabs and try to look as much as pic related instead of paying for some gay ass vpn

Attached: Hack-the-Hacker-photo-by-istockphoto-gorodenkoff.jpg (1000x450, 235K)

That article is only about free shit though.

>Bought a pass
Oy vey.

>2018
> >newfag
>newfag

i actually got banned for this for some reason
or at least i think, mods wouldnt respond to what i asked in my appeal and just listed "proxy/vpn" and slapped me with a 3 month

Letting captcha load in the first place = subhuman wintard
I have been a pass user since 2012. I only allow my passes to renew for 2 years then purchase a new one to prevent being linked to a specific pass long term. This pass will be discontinued in 2020

I use twelve VPN. 80 USD per year.

Imagine being this poor

again
>giving money to gookmoot
and I’m not using windows you sperg.

Again, avoiding all google products and services is worth it. Sorry windows baby!

I would if I could pay with paypal

you could always use your own vps vpn using ovpn and shadowsocks to get around firewalls, + it's a fresh ip
i also use mullvad, nord and express. I personally like mullvad probably the most at the moment since the speeds don't seem to drop.

they're all great for bypassing censorship and firewalls, if you're looking for anonymity use a vpn + tor

vpns don't work against government spying, but it can get past censorship when done right, for example china and egypt
>pic related

Attached: vpnworks.png (708x408, 130K)

lmao this nigga doesnt have a Jow Forums pass

isn't it even worse than VPN though? It's like a sign that you're up to no good

name a good one

nah instead of the shield, a vpn is more like a mirror glass, with corporate, hackers, government and the vpn provider all sitting on the other side and spying on you
dumb goy

Is using higher private key encryption introducing a penalty on the connection?

How secure is using Tor?

Cryptostorm
Mullvad
Perfect Privacy

what about Nord? it's being shilled as hell outside of Jow Forums, while Jow Forums mostly shills mullvad

Have no personal experience with it. But ask yourself:
>is it open-source?
>is it NOT in the 5/14 eyes?
>has it been independently audited?
>can I pay without using any my credentials?
>can I pay by cash/bitcoin?

Most of those are phone apps dumbass.
ExpressVPN is one of the more popular ones that is infact owned by the Chinese. Lets be honest though it's better the Chinese datamine you than the U.S.

Attached: Express.jpg (799x871, 84K)

isn't TorGuard faster though?

very. good luck using it to post on Jow Forums though.

is it good enough to use it without VPN? or should one just get VPN just in case, I'm torn between TorGuard because it has high torrent speed and Mullvad

Any redpills on those two Jow Forums ?

>is it good enough to use it without VPN?
TOR is a VPN you brainlet

Well it's not like I can torrent through it right? Or stream through it. Should I consider getting TorGuard or Mullvad then?

>Is VPN just a meme?
Subjective/depends on your threat model.
>does it even work?
Yes. It works perfectly well at spoofing your location and obscuring your local traffic, provided you don't dox yourself.
>Which VPN's would you recommend?
Mullvad appears to be the most trustworthy, but I chose Airvpn because it seems to be decent balance between privacy, speed and affordability.

nordvpn.com/blog/torguard-lawsuit/

According to Nord Torguard has bad safety practices and when confronted Torguard went into damage control mode and sued Nord.

Look into AirVPN. Very affordable and they runa very tight ship. Read this and see what you think. Not many VPNs have a mission and donate back to good causes like they do
airvpn.org/forums/topic/26206-rebuttal-of-article-dont-use-vpn-services/?tab=comments#comment-71200

+1 on Airvpn

>According to Nord Torguard has bad safety practices and when confronted Torguard went into damage control mode and sued Nord.
I looked it up, seems like they are on some kind of war path. Anyway NordVPN are mad because they had to pay Pewdiepie like $500k for advertisement but they are still slow as hell to a point where they had to disable paypal payment because people wanted to use it as a chargeback after 30days of testing. Basically after 30 days you can't get your money back so they cut your bandwidth.

Nord seems to clash with everyone but that can be expected the way they stand out due to forced marketing. PIA were one of the first to dig up their close ties to Tesonet and Nord dismissed it claiming it was rival slander. Funny how that works right? Is there really proof that Nord cuts speeds once your refund window is up? Thats insane. I'm surprised there hasnt been a class action lawsuits yet. No wonder they stay away from Paypal

>Is there really proof that Nord cuts speeds once your refund window is up?
Hard to tell since from the start their speeds are on the slow side.
I don't think their agressive marketing is something good for privacy, once they become big enough someone might turn them into a honeypot.

Attached: unsecuredforum.png (936x1017, 72K)

Ya I've been trying to get that point across to people that are so loyal to it and think it's a smart choice.
"Nord is the best, it's all over TV, youtubers vouch for it, it's super private"

umm all those things make it less private... Authorities probably look at the network like a giant lawless safe haven where users cant be identified easily. The only positive thing I can think of is that you blend in easier with 2 million users instead of maybe 50,000 especially if you're on a server with a couple thousand at the same time. Lets just say it will have the best chances to eventually become a honeypot

just get cryptostorm and be happy. it is being shilled on Jow Forums for years now, and it's because it's good.

Use NordVPN. It's really good and you should really use it. :)

I use AirVPN too. I like them but then again it's the only VPN I've ever used.

Feels like a good time to get one is during Black Friday sales so buying a year will land right on Black Friday again.

wtf is this?

a honeypot for the guy that posted it.

>buys a vpn
>doesn't buy Jow Forums pass

You dun goof'd

Not if you plan to live in China.

Yes. The VPN that has very suspicious and close ties to the data mining firm Tesonet that is actually located in Lithuania and not Panama. Use something for privacy that is literally plastered all over TV and endlessly pushed by Youtubers. Sounds like something private that's for sure.

Attached: Capture.jpg (569x558, 16K)

Why would anyone do such a thing?

Mullvad and proton, only two you should consider

Well obviously

Windows 10 is better than your OS

why would i tell a redditor?

Attached: lefunnibeardman.png (1073x648, 407K)

Yes, but no

both slow as fuck, honestly, go for airvpn or torguard

AirVPN

Currently staying at a hotel with an open Wi-Fi and ProtonVPN is non-stop connected. Works great, can recommend.

>>he doesn’t have a pass
>Newfag

It takes a newfag to think a pass actually bypasses the proxy ban.

How legit are thatoneprivacysite VPN reviews?
How bad is Nord?
How good is mullvag?
What's up with people shilling Air?
How bad is Express?

What would be the best choice of VPN if I'm okay with the government knowing what I do but want protection against more direct threats?

What are the chances of VPN actually increasing browsing (not downloading) speed assuming I'm connecting to the other side of the world?
Are there VPNs that do not break Jow Forums?

Newfag

Attached: 6BA87D1A-9125-4293-BC33-04D8308D46A6.jpg (1112x406, 237K)

this

If you're entry-level, iPredator. That's the nicest VPN and all criminals use it. If you want more control, rent a Feral Hosting box (pay with BTC) and set up your OpenVPN service. Everything in the vein of PIA and whatever related to the USA is a meme for idiots; don't use those.

4channel.org/pass
Jow Forums.org only allows digital currency.

Tor was invented by the US Navy (look it up).
Glowniggered all to hell, basically it's used by the CIA to run the dope trade.
Same reason NSA (probably) invented Bitcoin

Its hong kong, retard

hong kong is china.

what is better for proxyfagging? vpn or proxy?

firstly do you have a Jow Forums pass? neither will work without one, other than that it doesn't really matter, however VPNs will be faster.

i'm fundamentally against Jow Forums pass

then you cant proxyfag.

there's no vpn/proxy provider who does not share ip with others?

use both for chad-tier privacy.

Attached: D7807D0E-BBAF-427C-8D44-A55D5E5C16CC.jpg (645x644, 94K)

99% of VPN servers are rangebanned and all proxies are banned.

does creating new ip's cost money or something?

>Tor

Attached: 1562780513415.jpg (640x480, 101K)

Aphex Twin is my nigger

>TOP VPN SUPERSTAR GOLD IS SHIT
Tech journalism needs to be thrown off to the ocean.

>tfw forced to use a vpn because moot banned my isp

wireguard

pls respond

I would personally say go with NordVPN, it does cost but it's only a small amount and there haven't been any >concerning< incidents with that before. Or you could use Windscribe which is free and also say they do not keep logs. However, stay away from ExpressVPN as they have said they keep "private logs" and gave information to law enforcement in the past.

ProtonVPN

>NordVPN
It's like saying use google for your mail, you google chrome for your browser, use google for your search engine.

NordVPN is the most shilled shit ever, I'm talking fucking piewdiepie, youtubers, fucking Twitch streamers advertising NordVPN with their promotional codes. It's not only about "muh too popular for me" meme. It's also about money, money they could use to make their download and upload speeds faster and more stable. They could use that money to make their services better, instead they do everything in their power to GROW while they lower prices for long term sub plan... suspicious. By doing that their lower the value (money) they earn while at the same time they populate their servers and share their IP's with more and more people which will affect speed and stability of their services.
It's like they don't care about profit from subscriptions and quality of their service... just about popularity, just about getting as many "gamers" use their VPN's on daily basis.

I don't fucking understand crypto currency at all. I can't buy a pass for this reason. I won't give my info to Coinbase or any another Jew wallet.

who are the other 9 eyes. I've heard of 5 eyes but not the others

>VPN is a meme. Use Tor.
Tor is a meme. Use VPN.

windows is only useful to pajeets and children, which one are you?

Hahaha idiot

rock wiregaurd on your own server GG

Nord should be avoided because of how hard it is shilled. Something for privacy shouldn't have tv ads non stop and be pushed by every single yotuber. Express is so and so and honestly just too pricey for what it is. Air and mullvad are shilled because they work and keep privacy a main focus. Air sponsors almost 10% of tor exits and donates to good causes. Mullvad assigns users a number and that's it for registration while also taking crypto and cash in mail
Wireguard uses logs and is still basically in beta. Not a good option

Why do you want a vpn? I just use Wireshark on my vps so I have a safe connection anywhere and access to my country limited content

There is pretty much no reason why you should ever need to pay for a VPN. If you want to use a VPN to secure yourself when using public Wi-Fi, set up a VPN server at home.

If you want to hide your identity, use Tor. If you route all your traffic through a VPN provider then you're making it extremely easy for someone to spy on you. If you use Tor, it's impossible for anyone to spy on you unless one party manages to identify both your entry and exit node.

I always watch nasty pron and browse penis pumps on the opera browser with free vpn

This and just use the open VPN client. Dont like it? Fotrigate, cisco, ubiquiti. Just buy something halfway decent.

A VPN does increase your privacy significantly, but you'll need more than a VPN if you want to be safe from the botnet. It's a good start, but it is not a complete solution by itself.