/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>i5 9400F/9600k - Great gaming CPUs
>i7 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing
>i9 9980XE - HEDT
Zen2 CPUs already confirmed by AMD to be worse in gaming than the cheaper equivalent Intel. Only consider them if you care about multithreaded stuff.
RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1660/ti - standard
>RTX 2060/Super - high framerates (requires complementary intel CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 Super - standard
>RTX 2070 Super - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 Super - standard
>RTX 2080Ti
General:
>Always avoid AMD if gaming, actually always avoid it, it's fucking trash
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
Previous

Attached: 1563198096459.jpg (1100x1002, 540K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f0FrfpGSljk
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/
amazon.de/Sapphire-11266-67-20G-Grafikkarte-2160-Pixel-PCI-Express-x16-3-0/dp/B07MLZW8QT/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=rx 570&qid=1563383456&s=computers&sr=1-3
pcpartpicker.com/list/WhvPMZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/v8PZsZ
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/7rtMBb
imgur.com/a/TBlVGew
pcpartpicker.com/b/z3Bbt6
wepc.com/reviews/best-thermal-paste/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Guys who bought new ryzens, please post your builds and if possible give a short review and possible problems you encountered.

Trips

What's your input on cryorig coolers?

Attached: 291900491233.png (433x406, 376K)

I bought 32gb ram on accident

Do I keep or sell and invest more in gpu?

My b450 motherboard doesn't have Loadline calibration and I can't overclock the integrated gpu

Save me

Oh boy it's an nvidia shill episode

Keep it for now. Price of memory are increasing

Can I put a ultrawide monitor on a shitty lenovo 310 15isk?

Radeon had dogshit drivers. The bigger issue is recommending pozzed Intel.

youtube.com/watch?v=f0FrfpGSljk

Which UK sites are you guys using?
Yeah, I'm a dirty foreigner, get over it!

is it normal for a bios to reset cmos after I pulled out the CPU for 5 minutes?

I technically didn't change anything, why does it think I changed hardware?
have i fucked something up?

see

>link to a guide
LOL MATE?
>im using a guide
Best I can give you is my documentation of the process with pics and commentary.

Pulling out a CPU is not a common occurrence so I don't see how that is a problem.

their pc's won't boot.
come back in a few months.

Alright then, just the best case under a hundred bucks.

Attached: usaka.png (456x570, 60K)

Real Thread

I got an H7 last year for like fourty bucks and it just werkz. 8400 idles at 30c. I don't overclock though, obviously.

im just wondering why the motherboard would reset bios and all my settings despite having the same hardware.

i haven't seen it reset before on other boards, but maybe this is specific to this board (b450 gaming pro carbon ac) or msi? either way i don't care, just curious if I've done something wrong.
ill try and see if it is the battery

>seething
lmao

3900x for video editing or wait for 3950x? Currently using 6800k with 32gb ram and 1070 gtx

God, help me.

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/

We cool?
Also, will 650W be enough if i want to power a USB soundcard?

>We cool?
Yeah idgas

amazon.de/Sapphire-11266-67-20G-Grafikkarte-2160-Pixel-PCI-Express-x16-3-0/dp/B07MLZW8QT/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=rx 570&qid=1563383456&s=computers&sr=1-3
same gpu but way cheaper

So my wife wants to play some videogames, I asked about it yesterday and this is what I came up with for a 700$ budget, it blows it a bit, but can I do better for the money? pcpartpicker.com/list/WhvPMZ She wants to play with her new boyfriend and says I will get lots of husband points if I get her a computer and she might even have sex with ( fingers crossed - big smiles XD ) if I do.

What multiplayer games will she run into trouble with? and should I maybe upgrade anything in her boyfriends computer instead and give my wife his hand me downs? He's very big ( not just length in girth but also frame ) and I would upset him if I didn't ask. This is his current build.

pcpartpicker.com/list/v8PZsZ

Attached: soicy.jpg (460x400, 36K)

>So my wife wants to play some videogames
lol stopped here.
what a shitter couple.

i think your wife and her boyfriend deserve a bigger budget.

lol someone just made the almostexact same build

replace that ssd with an mx500 or 860 evo, rather than a cheap NVMe drive with QLC NAND. it'll slow down significantly when it's being filled up. below HDD speeds even

then you didn't read the good part

it's all I can afford, with the amount her boyfriend and his harem eat and the utilities they use even working 70+ hours a week I can hardly keep up.

take a good look at the link

>take a good look at the link
holy shit I'm fucking retarded

youre going to have to sacrifice more. don't disappoint your wife and her boyfriend. you wouldn't want to ruin their relationship would you?

I need a system for proper atomistic molecular dynamics simulations, uni's budget is about 7000€.
Any recommendations?

I'm fucking retarded.

The actual link:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/7rtMBb

Get a quantic computer

Who are you referring to?

Please respond to this, didn't think the thread would die

MY MOBO DOESN'T HAVE LOADLINE CALIBRATION

Why not mention 8K monitor then? You poor boii? I have 8K what video card should i use????

Threadripper
64Gb Ram
Titan RTX

Building a computer at the moment and the video card won't fit. I'm not hearing the click that you're supposed to hear when fitting it into the slot.
I've removed the protective casing from the GPU. I've unlocked the PCIe slot by pushing down the lever. I've removed the protective guard from the case.
And it just won't click. I've put some force on it but wary of damaging the card. I've moved all the cables out of the way, etc.
Here's what it looks like at the moment:
imgur.com/a/TBlVGew
I think the panel in the 2nd picture is the problem. But it's not removable and the only way I can think of that I can get round this problem is raise the motherboard. But that will mess up everything else!

The card is a Vega 56 and has these dimensions: 270 x 110 x 40 mm
The case is Versa H15 and has a GPU length limit of 315mm, so I'm well under.
I also know it must be possible to fit this card in because someone else has and has pictures, so it must be something I'm doing wrong.
Riskybiz1285 has done it here:
pcpartpicker.com/b/z3Bbt6

Sup friends. I just got my new monitor today (Acer Nitro VG270UP 1440p 144hz). Problem is, I cannot pick 1400p as a resolution from either nvidia or windows control panels and when I try to use sRGB mode, my screen ends up blue. Keep in mind, I'm still on Win 7 and using a GTX 460 SE (my new components will arrive later). I suspect my problems with the resolution are due to using outdated hard/software, but what is up with that sRGB thingy? It also only happens after I've changed the gamma to 2.4. Thanks for your help bruvs.
/sqt/ ignored my ass

Attached: 1560121685783.jpg (1920x796, 242K)

Ryzen 7 3700x
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Ultra
rtx 2080ti
Samsung 970 Evo plus
Acer Predator XB271HU
It just werks, and 1440p is buttery smooth 144Hz+

Is Intel better in Android emulation?

what ram?

Retard here:
What's the best way to calculate what kind of power supply one should get? And what's the disadvantage of getting a 650W if you only need 550?

calcuate what you need, get double of that

dude what
look at max draw of components and get at least 30% more of that. Do take in mind that it's best to be under 90% of rated power of your psu, i'd even go lower then 85% for long life

Oh look a shill thread.

>dude what
You calculate how much your entire system uses, lets say 300W, and get double of that, 600W.

that's a pretty rough calculation, on lower loads under 500w I would agree, still if he expects 550w load, getting over 1000 is overkill, 750-850 is enough.

The advantages of getting higher wattages are longer lifespan because the PSU is operating well under max. capacity and also lower heat output.
Your PSU, like any other component, puts out a lot of heat under load. a 400W draw on a 450W PSU is going to be a lot more intense than a 400W draw on a 550W PSU. Also a higher power output also means you can upgrade your parts without having to worry about power incompatibility.
Generally speaking, 550W is good enough for most gaming situations unless you plan on SLI/Crossfire. 650W leaves you room for upgrades. And 750W+ is overkill for the current market.

>that's a pretty rough calculation, on lower loads under 500w I would agree,
thats what most people get anyway.
>still if he expects 550w load, getting over 1000 is overkill
Think about it for a second, what requires a 550W load. At that point 1000W power supplies become not so questionable.

The actual ideal range is always staying in 20% to 80% of youre maximum PSU wattage. 50% being ideal.

MSI vs Asus?

Attached: 1563256348108.jpg (1346x1079, 470K)

>All this Intel shit on here and Nvidia everywhere.

Thanks mate. That was really helpful.

gray or brown?

gray>>>>>>>>>>SHIT>>>>>>brown

Which X470 board is the best to combine with a 3900X?

Can't make this shit up.

Attached: poozed reviews.jpg (915x751, 68K)

>76C ambient temp

Attached: but wait theres mooore.jpg (715x589, 109K)

What the hell, I need sauce. My fucking sides.

I don't know if you want to give them clicks, but here
wepc.com/reviews/best-thermal-paste/

Also lookie here
a Tasty sandwich using your backplate and GPU PCB

Attached: a yummy sandwhich.jpg (5020x1970, 1.71M)

Good buy?

Attached: 1536008040778.png (1622x678, 367K)

Bump for Israel

Is it REALLY THAT HARD to just sage and hide a thread?

Attached: CSGO.png (1018x562, 302K)

>Mudslime unboxed

Attached: aida_latency.png (500x370, 31K)

Look we get it: intel is now a complete fucking disaster and of use to fucking no one. But why project your deep and alarming buyers remorse on us? It's not our fault you have more money than brains.

Attached: battlefieldv19201080.png (500x690, 48K)

a shekel for a good goy.

What? fuck off amd chink

>having a 60hz monitor
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*breathes in*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHA

gimme all dat poorfag troglodyte cope

Really dumb question but bear with me, nerves are frazzled after waiting 2 weeks for amazon to finally ship my board and now reading on leddit people having all sorts of problems with it

I wanted to change my ssd I'm already using to windows 10 now to get prepped and ready..is there anything wrong with this or are you supposed to do a clean installation only after you get a new cpu/mobo? I figured it'd be one less thing to worry about but seems like everyone I've read were doing fresh installs after their first post

So is it true? All the AMD problems? People with BSOD every 15 min? RAM issues? Problems with 'drivers'? Etc?

My 8700 worked perfectly right out of the box, why does AMD always have issues?

Look intel proccessor have now OFFICIALLY been certified as OBSOLETE. No amount of coping, seething, dilation, overclocking, ect will change that. But I can't force you to accept reality, I can only show you the door.

You can spread all the FUD and do as much mental gymnastics as you want to be it won't change the truth.

Attached: Screenshot_20190716-093305.png (1280x720, 332K)

At least I can type up my mental gymnastics and post them without hardware issues

absolutely based.

Guys I put an aio cooler on my gpu and change case with a one that has more fans
But now my pc restart when under heavy load after around 30-45 min it just freeze and reboot
No blue screen or any kind of error message
My temps were fine everywhere
I have a 1080ti with a 1600
I have a 650 w psu that is a bit old
I was thinking the psu is too weak now that my 1080 ti doesn't throttle and with the added fan and the pump
What do you think ?

That i9 9900k - i9 9980XE gap is big maybe you should put ryzen 3900x in there

I bought the Ryzen 3600, a used 1070ti and a $300 LG 1440p 144hz monitor. How badly did I get memed?

Attached: asdasdasadas.jpg (278x181, 11K)

You appear to be a spamming retard trying to shove this down everyone's throat out of the blue

Oh but yeah, I'm going to get a more defective amd-friendy motherboard, shitty radeon gpu, and adaptive sync cringe just because they're the atari jaguar while intel is the nintendo 64

Want to upgrade my i7 2600k +16GB DD3 RAM to pic related. Is it worth spending 400$ on it? (EU prices so it's gonna be more than this)

Attached: ddddddddddddd.png (1475x324, 37K)

Uma latencia

NOOOOOOOOOOO INTELBROS HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

Attached: 1562531769317.png (1302x688, 73K)

Pretty much exactly what I ordered. Hopefully Amazon doesn't strike and I get my shit today.

Nvm it might because of a game /driver issue /steam overlay issue

just noticed there were 2 threads

9700KF+Z390+RAM (no cooler) 620€
3700x+x570+RAM (stock cooler) 610€

what do ? I use a 1440p monitor and I have a gtx 1070

You need at least a DRP4 for the intel system to boost without throttling so the AMD system is better

Want to convert my system to a small form factor. Will reuse my old cpu (6500)
Case will be QBX couger.

Opinions?

Attached: Mini-ITX Build.png (1030x848, 50K)

I've just bought a 3700x but because this chip beats an intel it automatically means no intel chips are good bullshit is just call of duty fanboi brainlet teenager shite.

At 1440p u're gonna be GPU bottlenecked anyway, go for the 3700X

Don't waste your time here, real thread here

Not an AMD shill btw, I recommend the i5-9400F for middle ground without having to buy expensive RAM but this thread just turned into a "muh 5GHz on a 360mm customer water loop gets 1 more fps in cowadoody and fartnight" thread. Abandon.

Attached: 1490372496630.jpg (680x464, 45K)

i'm reading both to try to get some middle ground in all this AMD bumming that's been going on.

You are overspending with that mobo if you can't even oc

9700kf, don't trust these r/amd shills. pick what's best now, if in 3 years it turns out that 9700kf is worse than 3700x you'll be able to buy used 3700x for cheap anyways.

I have the same chip (7500) and cooler in a node 202. its ok. 68c playing overwatch. 35c watching youtube Jow Forums. I also have some noctua fans for intake. still quiet after a year.

go with a mobo that provides all the M.2 storage you need. with how cheap they are now there is no reason not to and it will save you a ton of work dealing with extra cables. i managed to cram 2 2.5 drives in there but it was a PITA and lots of extra cables. also get noctua fans for intake. they are ugly but they are super quiet and come with a pwm adapter to daisy chain them. I forget why I needed it but im glad it came with one. maybe only one fan header i cant remember.

>Not an AMD shill btw
biggest lie in this thread

JUST MOVE TO MY THREAD!

Go for the 9700kf if all you're gonna do is game and browse the internet.You'll get higher fps. If you're doing streaming, compiling, etc the 3700x is the better all around chip for you