Why do people hate windows 10 so much?

Why do people hate windows 10 so much?

If you're not doing anything illegal, it shouldn't be an issue.

Attached: windows_10.jpg (474x266, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scholarship.law.gwu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1159&context=faculty_publications
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Windows 7 was better.

>If you're not doing anything illegal, it shouldn't be an issue.

Careful not to fall for it.
1/5 made me respond.

slower than its predecessors.
less stable than its predecessors.
it was shoved down everyone's throats by microsoft.
forced updates that usually break shit.
ads in the fucking start menu (i know you can disable them, it's still bullshit).

even if you don't give a single fuck about privacy (let's be honest, most people don't) it's an inferior os compared to both its predecessors and alternatives.

I'm not baiting, though. I'm quite serious.

>logging into my operating system with my email address and password

please kill me

no classic theme

>practically unusable without an SSD
>doesn't even look good
>literally every gnu/linux distro has a better start menu and file system

Start menu gets corrupted frequently and it doesn't show new software installed.
Forced reboots
Doesn't improve a thing compared to Win 7

I love windows 10

>If you're not doing anything illegal, it shouldn't be an issue.

Americans apply that same logic to Huawei

Microsoft has far too much control over what you can or can't do. The telemetry shit also bugs me.

Yes it was.
Yes it was.

It still is. Still nearly 4 years of support left. If your hardware works with W7 there's no reason to ditch it.

I don't want to associate myself with anything pajeets use.

Attached: Park.Cho-rong.full.125857.jpg (683x1024, 62K)

Shouldn't have to go through all these extra hoops to get it remotely usable and even that you don't and can't get rid of all of the crap.

I literally have to spend at least 30 minutes after install just to remove/disable all the crap it comes with.
All the GPO settings (which change/stop working/require different procedures after updates), all the little permissions/privacy shit in the Settings app, all the bloatware/adware...

If it was my job and I was paid by the hour, I'd love it. But for home use, fuck that. At least tinkering with Linux distros can be kinda interesting, dealing with W10 is just like cleaning shit off your sidewalk, because some pajeets took a dump there.

I use LTSC

Attached: 1562351145615.png (1920x1080, 3.73M)

Pajeets use internet

Reinstall windows. Then install Gentoo.

These aren't facts though, it's just wishful thinking.

>Constant forced updates
>Still shit terminal, so much they had to rip-off Cygwin and it's STILL shit
>PowerShell = garbage, and CMD is left to die
>Add-ons such as SSH STILL don't fucking work
>Ads everywhere
>Leftist propaganda everywhere
>Non-existence of official docs for pretty much everything
>Slow and bloated as fuck
>Idea of user-friendliness is acting like a user is a literal retard
>Resets defaults on every update
>Deletes huge e-book collections on updates, watch out winfags
>As a dev env is fucking garbage
>Can't uninstall shitty games
>Can't disable / uninstall gamer shit that launches whenever you run anything in fullscreen
>Photo viewer in start menu is wrong
>Taskbar changes color after exiting some games

I hated Windows 10 until I tried the AME version. I followed the instructions on the AME website and used my own ISO I downloaded from Microsoft so I didnt have to trust a random ISO. The end result was a telemetry stripped Windows 10 OS that has yet to make any phone homes 9 months in according to my router firewall

Attached: AMEmp4.webm (768x600, 718K)

Might just as well be a tranny

half of those havent been a thing for years

It's the worst when you work on your laptop and want to turn it off but it doesn't let you do it, without a forced update.

Have principles and strong opinion in Europe is illegal.

Bloat, performance in games is sometimes slower compared to Windows 7 & 8.1, forced updates, forced telemetry, etc...

Disrespectful towards customers
And not even once they actually listened to customers

I'm using windows 10 illegally. is that an issue?

because it actually works
usually the lardo retardos in here use things that need tons of tinkering to satisfy their autism
if something works perfectly out of the box then theres no tinkering
no tinkering means that the autismo has nothing to complain about or work to get "perfect" before a big update/os comes along to grab their autism all over again

Pervert!

scholarship.law.gwu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1159&context=faculty_publications

I will contribute a recent experience after being unable to update from build 1809 to 1903 of Windows 10 due to the updater simply not making the update available to me.

>Attempted to apply multiple fixes to get the update available but none of the known issues worked at all.
>Had made a few minor hardware adjustments with disconnecting other internal drives, but issue persists.
>End up backing up data and performing a clean installation of Windows 10 1903.
>Keep getting consistent glitch of booting up to Other User login screen.
>A glitch where the Windows 10 forgets to go to the User setup stage where you set up either main a Domain user (offline/ local) or sign into Hotmail (or other MS account) to set up the user.
>Thought custom Windows 10 image release (of my preference) was shit so I tried a few previous versions and issue persists too (including ones on 1809).
>End up having to use an Safe Boot feature to log in as Root Administrator and create my normal Admin user (found a guide for this after researching the issue, etc).

Everything worked fine but given other issues I had with Windows 10 in the past I can confidently say that odd bugs are becoming a tad more common, and can't quite work out how a glitch like that would occur at setup).

Hope my install also fixed and obscure issue which kept recognising my fucking Logitech mice as a game controller (kept doing Xbox options when using keyboard which resulted in double input for actual keyboard input and what game thought I was doing for a non-existent Xbox jump, pressing e to talk to a NPC or interact with something would also make character jump in Witcher 3; issue only cleared if I used a different mouse which in my cases was a Steelseries mice).

Damn 3 letter agency shills are out in full force lately trying to ram Wangblows 1000 in my mouth and forcing it down. Fuck off you glowing mother fuckers, go back to monitoring TOR or some shit.

Attached: 1551925072777.jpg (1201x884, 618K)

It's a shit tier OS.
What's the law got to do with it?

>Leftest propaganda everywhere
Uh wait wut?

I'm a bomber though.

Basically this.

Nothing. Even if you're doing something illegal on your computer it's not like Windows 10 somehow exposes you to risk as compared to doing that illegal activity on another OS.

What Win10 actually does is spy on you for profit, which is just as bad and is indefensible even if you believe stupid things like "nothing to hide" arguments.

>spy on you for profit
Yeah this is my bigger concern the advertising profiling shit that is sold around and used to slowly put ads in more and more places.

Impressive. My tweaked Windows 10 Pro uses 700-800MB of RAM

6 months. :-)

And those ads masquerade as legitimate content. It's really no different from the 90s method of clicking on a link and forcing a popup in your face over the content you actually asked for.

Yeah like those fake news articles you not only see on websites but in actual newspapers now as well.

how did you managed to make Windows 10 use less than 1.5GB?

Why do people hate cameras in the bathroom so much?

If you're not doing anything illegal, it shouldn't be an issue.

It's slower than 7 and 8.1, uses more RAM, is hell to boot off an HDD, and even if you have good hardware, it doesn't really do anything useful that 7 or 8.1 can't.

Wasn't Windows 10 AME infested with Russian spyware, or was that another one of Jow Forums's lies?
I'm feeling like trying it out now.

According to Jow Forums everything is spyware unless christened by Stallman’s own foot fungus

Any recommendations for an OS that is very simple to use, looks like Windows and would run well on a slower PC?

Because it's a tablet OS.

I like that cortana and the store is removed from 2019 LTSC but...

>Edge is default browser
OOOOOF
Can't I sideload firefox and load in certs?
Can I disable Edge like how I can disable IE on Windows 7?

There is literally an option to not use email to sign in when making an account

Windows XP

Super slow, the AV is shit and has used more than 70% of my CPU at times. Throttled the fuck out of a brand new higher end laptop that made it run like shit.
Bad bait of a thread though

>even when i have my cyber sec tools open, discord open, and YT open, it takes up around the same as just your base OS
Lol pathetic. At most use windows in a VM for vidya and the rest of the time, don't use a bloated piece of shit.
One thing no one ever mentions about linux is how much faster the internet is, compared to windows.
I use both btw, so no I am not just some salty chinkpad faggot that can't afford a PC for a modern OS.

Based

Attached: ltsc-startmenu.png (1768x992, 460K)

YOU DUMBASSES LMAO LOLOLOLOLOL

Attached: windows 10 ame.jpg (1894x6652, 3.05M)

This. Jow Forumstards always flock to something as long as it’s not mainstream and gloat, only to get BTFO lmao

It seems like the people who try to fuck with Windows the most are the same ones who doesn’t have a fucking clue of how Windows works
I have a feeling that is not a coincidence

>the absolute cope of a linuxtard

>posts problems 1511 had 2 years ago

Thats their 1511 build which is 2 years old. Why even post an image macro if it's THAT dated. They are on 1809 and have cleaned up all those problems the first release had because you know... it was the beta release and was still being tweaked. If you dont feel safe downloading their ISO download an ISO from Microsoft and follow their guide step by step

i really, really, really dislike indians.

It doesn’t respect my privacy. It subjugates and spies on its users.

It’s not free software. It’s not GPL’d software. I have no interest in running it.

It seems you guys are stuck in the past. All those problems 1511 had have been cleaned up and corrected with 1809. This has been a side project so of course mistakes are expected in early development. Wireshark no longer shows any DNS related activity. Imagine thinking that something will be made perfectly the first time its released without mistakes....

>attempt to do rudimentary task that takes spend 5 minutes clicking around windows 10's "settings app" only to finally be redirected to an old school window that has the exact setting you needed but can't access directly anymore

Windows 10 is honestly like taking everything bad about tech and having a bunch of retards mash it together.

Dumbing down of tech, ads fucking everwhere, and walled garden approach (app stores) by Mobile developers
Blatant spying by Facebook and Google
Shitty DLC policy and "release broken fix it later approach" of game developers

Thats Windows 10 in a nutshell.

>G-Guys? Please trust us! We won't install russian virus on youre PC!!! I promise!!!
No, fuck off. Prove you're not doing anything malicious or gtfo.

>ads everywhere
In what form?

I used the beta for about 10 minutes before deciding the GUI is absolute shit. There was a rumor that Microsoft used PowerPoint to design the GUI, and based on all the flat metro bullshit, I'm inclined to believe this. Windows 10 is playing Russian roulette with the GUI; not only will they add new stuff with every update, they'll also *remove* stuff (apps and features), and re-arrange all the settings. Add to this all the cloud shit, spyware, ads, etc. and it's like installing the worst of Android on your desktop. Microsoft's treats Windows 10 as an interface to their ecosystem, used by people who barely know how to operate an iPad.

you know 80% of ppl here are pedos

are you part of those 80%?

Windows 7 with windows10 drivers = best. Windows 7 lacks proper driver support (in comparison to 10). If I've learned one thing from Windows, its that every new Windows has better and better support for drivers.

DOWNLOAD ARCH DOWNLOAD ARCH DOWNLOAD ARCH DOWNLOAD ARCH DOWNLOAD ARCH DOWNLOAD ARCH DOWNLOAD ARCH DOWNLOAD ARCH

Everyone in this thread is lying.
They are all fags who are paranoid and think Microsoft, the NSA, and the USA government is coming to get them.

By remove some ram sticks from your PC. My 2GB PC idle at 700MB even with most of the services on.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument

Attached: botnet.png (770x578, 287K)

Attached: Windows Update.webm (1280x720, 1.25M)

How do you get your start menu to look like that?

Fl0m with the Onions Shock Face

Attached: 1563317493212.jpg (1080x914, 169K)

You don't need to use an email account, dingus

>Still nearly 4 years of support left.
Not for free, isn't it around $350. ?

Openshell

xubuntu

=O

wrong

>forces updates
>destroys all my drivers and registry edits.
>have to reinstall to fix most problems.
>no rolling back
Thanks windows

POSReady 7 which is Windows 7 based still has updates till Oct 2021
Like with POSReady2009 you'll only need some registry tweaks to get these updates on normal WIndows

The paid updates afterwards will no doubt leak out

>editing registry in the year of our lord 2019
Registry is basically deprecated at this point
You instead use GPOs like every other Windows admin

That's what a terrorist would say, if you are innocent there's a lot of reaons to value your privacy

i have sensitive data

Attached: 1535597323021.jpg (820x461, 56K)

The new Windows XP...fine piece of OS. Stick to your Licuckx and your delusions about it, i stick to simple, easy to use, fast and stable.

It's expensive spyware.

>expensive
>he doesn't know lol

Edge isn't in LTSC

>Constant analytics and data mining, re-enables itself every update
>Adverts
>Killed Windows Media Center
>Constantly trying to change your default software with their shitty ones. (It constantly bugs you to use "Windows Photos" over your preferred one)
>Pic related

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jfif.jpg (1101x800, 228K)

While the UI is an inconsistent mess on Windows, it isn't much better on Linux. Unless you're a CLI boomer. MacOS is pretty consistent from what I've seen and using it is pretty acceptable if you have a Hackintosh. Because let's face it, buying Apple products is just pure stupidity.

Also, who the fuck used Windows Media Center?
And it has never bugged me to use Windows Photos. And I have never had it change settings after an update.