All these fags complaining about Win 10

>all these fags complaining about Win 10
Come home boomer

Attached: 7A4AF45A-5A94-4B85-BF07-DFA266CAD3D3.jpg (2196x3045, 1.31M)

Did you make this thread just for me? OMG I am so flattered!

lets see your Win98

It's on an old Gateway PC in my old mans barn, but when I get off work I can show you my old sealed mail order copy of Win95.

>Not 95
What are you even doing?
On a more serious note I recently noticed I could run Windows XP on my fucking router without problems.

>Done, but with errors on page.
just die you pathetic worm

Is 95 better than 98?

Not really, just the Windows version I have the most nostalgia for 95/98/XP are all god tier basically just comes down to the aesthetics you like the most.

Not really. 98SE generally has the most hardware support and is the most stable out of the 9x family.

>HD TV
>it's a monitor
wut

Attached: 4L_8Cd5OEtO.jpg (550x366, 60K)

For some reason CPU-Z still made builds for Windows 98 all the way up to 2016.

Attached: Pentium III Voodoo4 4500.png (1920x1080, 170K)

damn voodoo cards are near impossible to find now without insane prices

>Gateway PC
based

Not the dude you're replying to, but I've got a Voodoo 1 2MB, 2 Voodoo 2s 4MB (Can SLI them), and a AGP Voodoo 3 3500
Got all of them from tech recycling places. dudes there don't really know much about tech but let me slip them $20 a computer case and I can take whatever I want. So I search their pallets that would be sent out to be crushed and harvested to get the computers with the rarest hardware in them. Also got a Soundblaster Awe64 Gold from one of the picked cases. Still crossing my fingers to eventually get a IBM 5150 some day.

I am home

Attached: kisspng-gnu-linux-naming-controversy-debian-operating-syst-5ae82e093d6fc6.1459169215251655772517.png (640x640, 44K)

>oundblaster Awe64 Gold
oh shit good find. where can i find these tech places? its probably to late now..

What year was that display made?

hi

Attached: xpme.png (1024x768, 96K)

All of those were aqired just in the last year along with several 486, P1, and P3 pcs
Just look up who does electronic recycling in your area and bullshit with the dudes there and see if they'll let you pay cash for cases. The one in my area ends up getting only a few bucks per case when crushed and recycled, so me paying then $20 a case under the table works in their favor too

do you pay for cases unseen? or do you get to pop open the case then offer them $$ after?

Attached: 13827599-1.1024.jpg (1024x1024, 131K)

Most I pay for I only get to look at the outside of the case, but if you have a good eye for the i/o ports you can usually tell at least what generation of card and/or manufactur it is. Like all Voodoo 1 and 2 cards have the one male and one female VGA port, so that is a dead give away. Yamaha sound cards usually have their audio out black in color and furthest away from the 15 pin DB connector. Soundblaster gold cards have... well gold connectors. Nvidia cards have a different looking connector for their composite/svideo out then ATI ones did. If a network card has a BNC connector you can safely bet it's 90% going to be an ISA card from 1986-94 or so, etc, etc.
With this going in you can often tell if the PC has ISA or not as well.
There I more things I look for but those are some quick examples.

I guess to elaborate on a few more things. CGA/EGA cards had 9pin connectors. Some EGA cards have both 9pin and 15pin connectors while VGA cards rarely ever do. CGA cards will also have RCA composite out .
If the sound card has color connectors its going to be post 1997 PCI cards (following the PC97 standard), these usually end up being the worst of the pick sound cards since most all high end PCI cards ignored the PC97 color scheme.
You can tell if a computer is a 286 most of the time if the power switch is on the right side of the case, this is following IBM's XT form factor. Most 386 PCs are going to be AT just like 486s.
The presence of a turbo means its going to be a 286-486 era. (Keep in mind that "turbo" works totally differently from each generation, how it worked on a 286 is not the same as a 486). Its a rare find but there are some 10mhz 8088 PCs with a turbo that drop it down to 4.77mhz for 5150 compatibility/timing.
Any PC with a Zip disc is going to be a P2 or older 99% of the time.
Most Creative CDrom drives were SCSI from 90-96, so if you have a P1/486 case you can assume there is probably a SCSI card in there too.

very cool man. I live in Chicago so there's bound to be a few recylce places if I look hard enough.

Attached: RIP Westwood.png (1280x1024, 105K)

Good info. for me personally id like to find some high end sound and video cards. soundblaster/gus/ensoniq have always been niche interests of mine

oh, hello there.

Attached: screenshot.png (1024x768, 147K)

Best of luck my dudes. Save what you can before that stuff gets taken to be crushed.