What's Jow Forums's opinion on CLion?

What's Jow Forums's opinion on CLion?

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sCtY--xRUyI&t=529s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

JetBrains is a cool company with cool IDE's but honestly why would you need an ide for C?

Webstorm is gud

Because my time is not worthless?

im not saying it is im just saying what kinds of programs would you write in C that need to utilize the power of an IDE's features like refactoring and such

>cant get any C++ IDE to work
>Clion werks out of the box
No wonder they use this shit in education

Attached: 1563305298834.jpg (1050x788, 126K)

Computation-heavy stuff like image processing? To be realistic, C++ preferred over C in nearly every scenario. But still CLion would be my first choice for C++ development on Linux.

lol no meson

its an absolute bitch to setup on windows, but it werksouttadabawx on linux

finally after 40 years a decent IDE for C thats not a fucking convoluted mess

The how would one develop C stuff without an ide?

This.

Not him but I use nano + gcc personally

what about debugging?

have you ever heard of gdb, my dude?

youtube.com/watch?v=sCtY--xRUyI&t=529s

>image processing
>can't use opencv without a fucking IDE

Look at this fag who needs an IDE for image processing. Look at him and laugh.

vim and make should be enough for anything you're going to be doing.

Yeah
You do everything on the terminal?

I never used Clion, does it help with memory violations? For example program segfaults, so IDE shows you exactly where is problem? Or just warnung - "youd did something retarded, try this instead" That would be sweet

a lot of stuff not everything, but definitely C/C++ is something I'd do on a terminal, now, Java development I wouldn't do on a terminal.

did you know node.js has it's equivalent to gdb too? it's pretty nifty for debugging servers,

there's also other front-ends for gdb if you find that too rudimentary, they can be graphical or CLI too

>a lot of stuff not everything, but definitely C/C++ is something I'd do on a terminal

Attached: 1452722140817.png (459x336, 124K)

I maintain an application that work that was written in the early 80s in C.
It's about 100,000 lines of code spread across about 500 files so an IDE is definitely beneficial.

I love JetBrains IDEs but I can't use CLion because it's CMake only. I don't understand why they just don't add regular makefile support.

This is what C logo should be like. A white C on a black background. Not like the gay ass shit like pic related

Attached: c.png (1600x1600, 28K)

what? I do prefer to work that way, I like having a common interface for a lot of stuff, and the Command Line turns out to be that interface, I have nothing against GUIs, I think it's just preference in the case of C/C++ development, throw me a feature I can't replicate on console regarding that and I'll eat my pants

Actually I prefer terminal solutions. It's less clicking and remembering where to click. Just type what you want to do

Works great, very featureful but sometime unstable or resource intensive

Using bloated jetbrains botnet for writing something as simple as C, C++, and scripting is more trouble than it's worth.
Maybe it's good for Java but that's about it

>Because my time is not worthless?
But you are spending it posting on Jow Forums.

The terminal is just hard to use, you're doing things the hard way

Unfortunately, C++ is such a terrible, terrible language that even the best IDE can't fucking understand what symbol your code is referring to.
And let's not forget that it has to index so much, there is no way it won't be slow.

>typing make and pressing enter is so hard

Assuming you're not trolling: name something that makes it hard to use

having to remember all commands

let's say you're right, CLI still has an advantage GUI can never have, it's scriptable, so even if it were hard, excessively hard tasks can be automated, there's a magic glue tying all those hard things together, it's call shell-script

>Because my time is not worthless?
>Computation-heavy stuff like image processing?
Of all the verbal idiosyncrasies that you numales have, the upwards-infatuated statement-as-a-question is the most disgusting.

everything jetbrains does is useful and all but fact they are using java bothers me since their IDEs are quite bloated and you need lot of horsepower for smooth usage

VSCode made it irrelevant

You don't "remember" commands, you know them.
Windottdlers make me laugh

We have the same issue. Gradually moving to CMake would be nice, but it will take a long time.

It seems like the Makefile plugin just adds syntax colouring?

>russia
backdoor software used by KGB

Attached: 1472333345019.png (841x724, 520K)

Fuck off, sperg, hm?

It isn't hard to remember "make" makes your project.

My problem with 90% of the IDE's out there is exactly this

How the fuck can so many different companies try to sell an IDE but fail to actually make it work on most operating systems?

Great for Rust.

>Waiting 2 minutes for the IDE to start and load the project + 69 clicks to build is simpler than just typing "make" on the terminal
simple != easy

>being too stupid to use an IDE
And also typically people do more than just build a project, so the 3 seconds it takes to load (on any reasonably modern PC) are irrelevant.