What browser do you use?

I just updated CCleaner and this thing installed itself. I normally use Opera. Is this thing worth keeping, or should I just uninstall it right now?

Attached: ccleanerbrowser.png (254x75, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2019/07/17/beware-ccleaner-may-install-ccleaner-browser/
makeuseof.com/tag/stop-using-ccleaner-windows/
safer-networking.org/mirrors162/
ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds
pcmag.com/review/323911/spybot-search-destroy-av-2-3
forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/211141-prospects-for-continued-database-updates-for-mbam-2/
ccleaner.com/news/blog/2017/9/18/security-notification-for-ccleaner-v5336162-and-ccleaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Opera for Nintendo DS emulated on desmume on a VM running XP mode

ghacks.net/2019/07/17/beware-ccleaner-may-install-ccleaner-browser/

>using malware
ISHYGDDT

lmfaooooooo

but yeah, CCleaner is malware. if you need to “clean” your PC, just use fucking Disk Cleanup.

But registered CCleaner can delete dust from my PC. Disk Cleanup only cleans the disk.

Windows 10: Firefox
Opensuse: Chromium(because FF is REAAAAALLY fuck up in TW for a reason I don't know).

vivald

????????????? whats wrong with ccleaner? pls redpill me

>it was bought by some shady company
>it now installs shady browsers without your permission
>redpill me on why this is bad

ccleaner is absolute garbage spyware adware shit.
uninstall ccleaner.
uninstall the browser.
search the web for something like "ccleaner spyware" and you'll see almost a million results. don't use ccleaner. don't let friends use ccleaner.

just use bleachbit if you really feel like you need something to manage temporary files and stuff.

>search the web for something like "ccleaner spyware"
makeuseof.com/tag/stop-using-ccleaner-windows/

thanks

time to uninstall ccleaner. i had this since many many years. cant believe its garbage now. im sad.

Attached: concerned pepe.png (1200x675, 211K)

millions of normies probably still use it. i was helping a DJ set his laptops up yesterday and he said he had been using it for 10 years. uninstalled it and gave him spybot s&d (classic) and bleachbit.

lol spybot i still remember that. last time i used it was atleast a decade ago

right now im only using windows defender and malewarebytes. malewarebytes is not monitoring tho. disabled autostart etc. just using it to scan my shit once a week.

Everything is spyware nowadays. I don't know why you're all so fucking paranoid. OP said he uses Opera which is considered the second worst spyware behind Chrome and I bet you all use Windows here.
Fuck off with your mental illness.

Iridium browser.

How much do you understand about free software bro?

Paul from RedGamingTech has it on his desktop. You can see the CCleaner logo in all of his videos lmfoa

>>it now installs shady browsers without your permission
no it doesn't. it's literally a checkbox you need to untick during installation. if you keep clicking next like a retard, you deserve malware.

Bleachbit FTW. Ccleaner has been spyware for years now. Long, long ago it was a decent cleaner. Those days are gone.

Any reputable developer makes intrusive bloatware opt-in, not opt-out. The mere fact that they didn't do that is enough reason to replace their product with something better, like Bleachbit.

R4

i genuinely keked seeing this

based and redpilled

so you don't use Flash because installing the plugin auto ticks to install Chrome?

Get CCleaner 5.32 (latest before theyy were bought). Or get something else.
At minimum you should have put some firewall restrictions on it, and only use the portable, not the installer.

Obviously, why the fuck would you install (or use) flash in the current year?

this

cleanup doesn't clean invalid registry keys or handle hidden startup items like cc

>mfw a bunch of wintards were praising ccleaner yesterday

Attached: 680021cdjw1euah5k44i1j218g0tm46e.jpg (1600x1066, 294K)

/ourbrowser/

Attached: 5.png (1015x593, 82K)

CCleaner is botnet you mongo. Uninstall it immediately.

you dont even need it if you have windows 10 installed just use diskclean up

I want to go back

Attached: downloadfile-32.png (640x446, 54K)

SPYWARE DOESN'T CLEAN FOR FREE. SPYWARE DOESN'T CLEAN FOR FREE.

install arch

There was a time not long ago when they discovered actual malware in their codebase and everybody and their mother had to revert to a much older version and they just kinda downplayed it

What do you actually think needs cleaning.

>urgently cleans up cookies that you should have blocked with uBlock
>deletes registry keys that cause absolutely no problems but may break things when deleted
>scares people into believing both these are necessary

BECAUSE OUR FUCKING ENTERPRISE SAN CAN ONLY BE MANAGED IN FLASH JUST KILL ME NOW

but you can bro. it still gets detection updates: safer-networking.org/mirrors162/

works great

Attached: spybot.jpg (1385x858, 110K)

No, no it did not "just install itself", you lying fuckhead.
You didn't fucking read shit while mindlessly clicking "YES ACCEPT NAO GO FASTER" and it downloaded and installed.

Not Malware but completely fucking pointless past Windows XP

CCleaner Browser didn't installed itself, you just ignored these two options down left

Always install the slim build, it's a barebone CCleaner installer and doesn't include any other offers, ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

Attached: CCleaner.jpg (640x468, 32K)

Get with the times, anons, it's not 2002 anymore

Periodic scanning with these portable free tools is all you need
ESET Online Scanner
Or
Norton Power Eraser

Attached: ESET_Norton.jpg (2049x686, 93K)

Still gets detection updates it's not an argument, in fact it's a really bad one.

For starters, the new Spybot has terrible detection rates for newer malwares, let alone the old version.
pcmag.com/review/323911/spybot-search-destroy-av-2-3

Second, the detection updates in itself means nothing when the program's engine is old and it's not designed to detect newer modern types of threats

For example let's see the differences between the old 2.x Malwarebytes scanner and the newer one 3.x

>While currently I know of no plans to render the current malware databases incompatible with 2.x, do keep in mind that there are already numerous changes, additions and new detection heuristics built into the databases that can only be used by the Malwarebytes 3 engine, so even though it is still receiving updates and ignoring the fact that version 3 also has additional protection layers built into it for the licensed version, there are many threats that version 2 cannot detect that version 3 can, even when both are using the same databases.

>I realize that's not a definitive answer, however that's all I know at this time. Also be aware that as new database syntax/structure capabilities are added which enable more efficient detection of threats using fewer definitions, our Researchers will continue to get away from using the older, less efficient/less powerful database syntax used by pre-3.x versions of Malwarebytes, so it is very likely that over time, the amount of threats not covered by version 2 will increase and the number of threats covered by version 3 using fewer definitions will most likely increase.

forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/211141-prospects-for-continued-database-updates-for-mbam-2/

>this thing just installed itself
Are you seriously this stupid

Attached: 12670093.png (356x475, 270K)

Honestly, them making that ticked by default is more than enough reason to use different software. Besides, all this "cleaning" software is just useless.

>Norton
No.

Malwarebytes is only honest way.

>windows
>malwarebytes

Attached: 1349797709522.jpg (399x388, 33K)

um sweaty... one can use malwarebytes and spybot, and other tools. it's good to have an arsenal handy. for me, it's spybot, adw cleaner (by malwarebytes), spyware blaster, clam av, and windows defender.

Malwarebytes is a meme and has been total shit since the redesign

Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Zemana AntiMalware Free
Dr.Web CureIt
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
TrendMicro Housecall
F-Secure Online Scanner
Avira PC Cleaner
Hitman Pro Free (Diagnostic scan only)

Take your pick

>deletes registry keys that cause absolutely no problems
Last month I cleaned out the registry on a relative's computer and performance noticeably increased. Noticeably as in "single pdf takes 20 seconds to open" became "five larger pdfs take 3 seconds to open."

Thanks, I have Common Sense™.

I know it's old but it literally installed malware.

ccleaner.com/news/blog/2017/9/18/security-notification-for-ccleaner-v5336162-and-ccleaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users

chromium and firefox-esr

Attached: pcr5hcy3cocy.jpg (2048x2931, 904K)

clamav and clam sentinel

It's the only way to be sure.