Previous threads:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: no bloat waifu.png (664x1000, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/miFTMVC.png
amazon.com/gp/product/B00918N4A0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/Intel-i5-9600K-Desktop-Processor-Unlocked/dp/B07HHLX1R8/?tag=li-org-main-20
amazon.com/Prime-Z390-P-LGA1151-Intel-Motherboard/dp/B07HCT5GBD/?tag=li-org-main-20
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this a fetish or something?
Why do i keep seeing neck stumps more and more

Exploitables, you can easily put whatever head you want on these

Why are Linux distros available from Microdick Store? Doesn’t make much sense. Have they gone so lazy, that they’d rather spy on you with their totally-not-tampered version now?

Would be unethical to have sex bots where the body is 100% biological but the head synthetic?

They're hoping people who find an interest in linux will be satisfied if it's on the MS store, so they can install it, feel frustrated all afternoon and not proceed to format their windows installation.

It's pretty clever.

Another stupid question:
>proceed to format their windows
Resetting, right? Why would they need to do that?

Yes
See Not really

How else do you install linux?
You can either shrink your windows partition, hope you have enough room and create a dual-boot, or nuke everything.

I don't really have a question, I am just bored

Attached: FB_IMG_1499183592308.png (475x878, 385K)

You mean like this?

Attached: 1546376738792.jpg (1029x1800, 212K)

Photoshop CC
I am a dumbass and went back to when I first opened my pic in the history panel to compare to how it looked like after an hour of editing. I then proceeded to accidentally hit a hotkey that filled the entire canvas and all my history states are gone. I know I should be using snapshots and save my work in general but again, I am a dumbass. Is there any way back from this or should I just treat it as a painful lesson? Not even sure how to google this specific issue so thank you anons

Attached: Photoshop_IRhfqb2A4B.png (904x883, 32K)

when shift ctrl z doesn't work ur fukt

Should I continue with CE, go to straight math, or do CET? I want to work back end/cryptography.
Also I’ve started learning C but is there a better language to learn starting off toward that goal?

is there a good blu-ray software that can decrypt blu-rays so that i can play them in MPC yet? ones that actually work when cracked.

Attached: 3.11.jpg (1920x1080, 184K)

Is there a way to return to the old twitter layout? the new one broke my ripping tools.

Oh, okay. I see it now. Thanks.

Probably the dumbest question asked today:
Just built my PC and installing Windows right now. The display and monitor all seem to be working

Do I need 2 HDMI cables? I currently have one plugged into my video card, but there's another slot for the motherboard. Should I plug in 2 cables?
My noob thoughts are no, because my monitor can only display from one HDMI port anyway. And when I've chosen to put the HDMI into the motherboard I get no signal and no display.
So I'm leaving it in the video card for now, since it works, but will I ever need a second HDMI cable?

I have a case with 9 harddrive bays. I want to actually utilize them all. Right now I can only use 7 of them because only 8 sata ports plus I'm running a blu ray burner. So basically what's the best HBA for Win 10? I also might convert to sata ssds and bascially double my amount of drives so room for expansion is best.

lol

MB port is only for onboard graphics when your not using a card.

Since this thread is for stupid questions

I actually never looked into it and looking for it gives me some shitty websites, what's the best way to clean your pc?

Like removing all the useless shit like temporary files and other things like that, i actually never looked into it so i'll probably seem retarded

Oh is that why I got black screen? Thanks user

I guess the better question is what's a good jbod/it mode controller with win 10 drivers?

>no cute glasses
thanks user, but no

Attached: 156027638341.png (660x862, 397K)

I've been seeing this headless shit for the past few days
why have you adopted this as your thread's theme?

go back

Attached: 1560224159493.png (1920x1080, 1.7M)

I'm not American and aren't totally familiar with dollars so whether it's a fantastic deal, I don't know. But the PC looks okay. It's a pretty old processor (from 2012) but it was a top of the range processor at the time, so it should still be pretty good. Weirdly though it says 16 GB of RAM at the top, but later on the page it says 8 GB (in two places). So you might want to confirm what the RAM actually is before buying. I think 8 GB would still be enough for just general productivity (MS Office + web browsing) if that's what you're doing. And you could always upgrade later if you wanted. The reviews seem to say it's 16 GB but you could always try and check with Amazon anyway.

But yeah, I guess it looks like a pretty good deal for the price I guess, but I don't really know what the alternatives on the market are, you could always look around. Like at Best Buy or something. Like I say I'm not American so I don't really know the best American places to look for computers.

And like I say, that computer on Amazon is probably an old computer because it's using an old 2012 processor, but it was a top of the line processor for the time, and is still pretty good. I looked up benchmark results and the multi-core performance is over twice as good as my 2015 MacBook Pro. Which doesn't surprise me really, since the i7-3770 is a top-of-the-line (for 2012) quad core, eight thread CPU.

Also read what I said here if you haven't already: Also maybe see what some Americans say because like I say I'm not American and don't know the best places in America to buy computers, basically. With that knowledge I'd be able to better say whether that Amazon computer is a good deal or not.

Is CS50 the best online course to learn C?

More of a full functioning synthetic head that can give blowjobs etc.

chill, bro...
have a monster

Attached: Wake the fuck up boomer.jpg (1279x712, 112K)

Also am I gonna have enough pcie lanes to run it at full speed?

Attached: 7.17.19.png (837x913, 62K)

>not even zero ultra
>>>/reddit/ and never comeback

Attached: 1560147281829.png (730x485, 163K)

So I'm on vacation, staying at a motel. More often than not, certain websites are inaccessible. The message I get in Chrome is something like "IP address could not be resolved to server." This doesn't happen all the time, but it happens more often than it doesn't and when it does it happens it happens with most websites, but google and youtube work all the time. It happens on linux, windows, and my iphone. I flushed the DNS and changed the DNS server my OS uses and it didn't fix it, so I assume it is something going on at their router. I'm pretty sure there is nothing I can do to fix it, but I'm curious what is happening. Do you guys know what would cause that to happen?

I get difficult captchas these days, every website I visit including this one. Grainy as fuck, and have to keep pressing until no more pictures appear. Multiple of them. Every time. And I fail so often because they’re so fucking hard. How to get easier ones? Do I need to mail google that I’m retarded or something?

Enable noscript captcha.

google uses things like your cookies and mouse movements to determine if you're human and will give you no captcha to solve if they can tell you're not a bot. I don't think that has anything to do with the difficulty level though. Stop doing weird shit and you won't have to solve as many captchas.

is there a quick program i can download on my computer and android phone to push pictures to my computers storage?

Kde connect.
Or you could just connect the phone and pc with a USB cable.

So I'm looking for a lightweight laptop i can take with me to work. I already have two high end PC's I've built for gaming and the bulk of my work, but I've recently come to a lot of free time at work, and I want something where I can do lightweight writing/drawing just to pass time, and manage my asset pipelines.

Looking for:
>Something physically lightweight, paper thin preferred, but its fine as long as its ~10 lbs. I want to carry it on me at all times.
>Able to run simple programs, primarily MS paint/art programs, maybe adobe suite, lightweight C+/java engines.
>Affordable. This is more of a i want it luxury, moreso then an I need it one. Preferably under $300 if possible.
>Windows 10 compliant. My engines all run on windows but not linux currently.

Attached: 1508031290912.png (282x289, 7K)

Most used laptops can do all of that for under $300

Nvidia GEforce forces alt+z to open its menu, but Adober uses alt + z to step backwards. Everytime I try to undo it opens the damn nvidia menu and its options dont let me reset the keybinds. Any way i can change this in the registry? its fucking annoying.

I figure, but I'm looking for something specifically lightweight in frame. I dont know much about prebuilts, I want something like a chromebook, but for windows.

Thinkpad X200 series.

How do I get a tech gf?

Attached: dab.jpg (649x588, 126K)

Be a white male and find an asian woman in silicon valley

You need to lower your standards

Or do you mean, "how do I get a hot tech gf?"

Will try that out
>stop doing weird shit
Trying not to. Probably.

Google probably thinks you're a shemale anime viewing bot.

That's exactly what I mean. And I mean smoking hot.

Attached: DIYThonk.png (600x600, 31K)

I got t440s literally for the same reasons
lighter ones:

You can change it in the geforce experience settings.

I've tried. it gives me the hotkey options for everything BUT the menu

CCleaner by piriform
The built in Disk Cleanup of windows 10
WinDirStat for looking into whats eating HDD space

Theres probably a guide somewhere on a wiki but i cant be assed looking

Not sure if this is the right board but I came into possession of a fuckton of toner and I want to sell it.
>no idea how old it is; does toner expire?
>what's the best place to list besides ebay?

Attached: 1.jpg (2000x1025, 1.77M)

Give it back Tyrone

Give it back to the dumpster I found it in?

wtf am I supposed to return here?

Attached: drgdr.png (1344x280, 18K)

Attached: drgdr.png (1352x269, 40K)

Hey user! I just started that course. I mean literally PSet 1 just started.
I’ll let you know in a month

if i put a modern graphics card, let's say 1080ti into an old mobo (some gigabyte from 2008) will it just work fine? will i be able to render some shit?

I used to be able to right click to scan with Malwarebytes, but it doesn't seem I can anymore. Did they paywall the feature behind premium?

Chances are it would be attached to a PSU that lacks the correct power connector. Otherwise, assuming it's got a PCIe 2 port that can also output the required power, it should run about as well as that shitty of a processor permits.

i see. power is not a problem, i have a spare PSU. hopefully CPU won't slow down the rendering too much
thanks

no idea, but maybe return inside if()?

Nah bro, even if I figure out what it wants that'll still be an error

Thanks any way

can someone recommend me a quality microphone i can use for podcasting

How did bitcoin go from "FUCK THE SYSTEM" to now requiring more information then a bank or even paypal would want to do a money transfer?

You can still do user bitcoin if you buy from a private party to your own self hosted wallet. You can't cash out without selling private party also though. Or really shady overseas exchanges.

Sounds like someone put their coins into poloniex and then found out you have to send them your passport, bills, face pictures, and driver's license to get them back out

It's a brilliant scam, even if only 1% are too paranoid for that shit they probably make hundreds of millions just from that alone

There’s a thing called pi network for crypto or something
I’m not sure if it’s a scam or not but can someone join and tell me/show the activity it does on your phone? Like all the commands and actions it does while active or idle
It needs a code or something to join in and I was told to use “Embron”

I was offered to be paid in bitcoin for a job i an scheduled to do. I hadnt looked at any crypto in a decade maybe. I went to setup an account with coinbase and yeah they want more information than if i just used my paypal bussiness account

>Is there a way to return to the old twitter layout?
change your useragent to Opera and reload

Should I look into getting a PSU upgrade when I upgrade my CPU and Mobo Jow Forums?

i.imgur.com/miFTMVC.png (My Current PC, ignore the motherboard heat, it's a weird Sensor issue)

amazon.com/gp/product/B00918N4A0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Current motherboard)

I Plan on buying this CPU; an i5 9600k amazon.com/Intel-i5-9600K-Desktop-Processor-Unlocked/dp/B07HHLX1R8/?tag=li-org-main-20

and

This Motherboard, ASUS Prime Z390-P LGA1151 amazon.com/Prime-Z390-P-LGA1151-Intel-Motherboard/dp/B07HCT5GBD/?tag=li-org-main-20

any way i can get 5.1 out of this or a 1070?

Attached: B450M Pro4(L5).png (1200x1000, 139K)

i saw this anime many years ago and I cant remember the name of it. there was some girl on an island because her family was banished there and there were some ghosts as well. anyway, she decided to take a boat back to the kingdom or something like that. I remember that scene so I drew it. does anyone know what i'm talking about? i asked on /a/ but jannies deleted the thread

Attached: random_anime.png (681x393, 114K)

Stick whatever you're going to put together into pcpartpicker.com and it'll tell you how much power your parts can draw, then you'll know if you need more power.

I believe the anime you are looking for is called Boku no Pico

USB and pcie sound cards exist. You might be able to get that many channels out by connecting the GPU to a receiver via HDMI, but you'll need to make sure it can output sound over a different port from the one your display is connected to. Unless you like latency.

Why cannot I add a custom part to PCpartpicker? I thought you needed an account to do it, but even with an account it still doesn't work.

Attached: firefox_2019-07-18_04-31-21.png (867x442, 21K)

I need to move a Linux system from one ext4-formatted hard drive to another larger drive, but I only have a Windows computer to act as an intermediary I have two devices to access external drives, so both drives can be plugged in simultaneously.

How can I transfer the contents of the old drive and end up with a bootable system on the new drive? Will drive cloning software work for this? If so, what do you recommend?

> 550w seasonic
It's fine.

Firefox thing, from what I see. Chrome works. Doesn’t work on Edge either, weird.

yea you can clone the drive over to the new one and it will work fine as long as you clone the whole drive (sometimes theres hidden partitions). I normally use the hardware disk cloners but you can use something free like easeUS or something, its up to you

Doesn't work on IE either. It's like I'm back to the mid-2000s with browsers bragging being compatible with IE or Firefox... Anyway, thanks for replying.

(Me)
Just downloaded Opera, as I thought it would work with any Chromium based browser. Doesn't work. Tried with Chrome itself. Doesn't work either. Even when logged in any of these browsers. It seems like I'm having a rather peculiar issue.

Attached: chrome_2019-07-18_04-58-23.png (1920x1044, 93K)

imma take a minute to just say
FUCK
GPT
FUCK
JANNIES

I want to make a Windows XP live CD/USB. Is this possible, what tool should I use, and which upload of WinXP off of rutracker is the one I need/won't blow up my PC?

is it a good idea to get a $300-400 refurbished laptop from microcenter? im just gonna boot manjaro i3 from it and use it for school/small coding programs

When you make an image of a hard drive is it like a carbon copy of everything on the drive?

If there was a disk infected with viruses and I tried disinfecting it would I be able to just use the image in case something went wrong and it would be as if nothing happened?

Just buy into the used ThinkPad meme.

>When you make an image of a hard drive is it like a carbon copy of everything on the drive?
yes

>When you make an image of a hard drive is it like a carbon copy of everything on the drive?
Yes.

>here was a disk infected with viruses and I tried disinfecting it would I be able to just use the image in case something went wrong and it would be as if nothing happened?
Mostly... unless the virus is dormant somewhere into a file you haven't checked. It it's a known clean image I'd use it; if not, I'd just wipe and reinstall.

Oh shit no, I thought you meant that as a theoretical. You shouldn't actually DO that. Besides, rendering is like all CPU.

I clicked on a Google link to some blog, and got redirected to one of those fake ads that read "YOUR BROWSER IS OUT OF DATE, CLICK HERE TO UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION"

Obviously it was fake, so I closed out of it. Then I looked at my desktop, and saw a file claiming to be a browser update. I never clicked the "Click Here to Download" button, but I got the file anyway. I didn't open the file for obvious reasons, but I did delete it. Am I currently at risk? Should I run a malware scan? Change my passwords?

Yeah, if you've ever sent money internationally, it's about like that. Thing is once the money is gone, there's no getting it back. It's basically like asking for cash with a mask on. If you claim you were robbed, they can't just get it back to refund you. Also there's a bunch of laws to prevent laundering.

I know I can easily click out of this when it pops up but how do I block annoying pop ups like this on sites that I want me to either sign up or upgrade my account? Disabling java script completely breaks the page so even if the annoying pop up like this breaks I can't see what I wanted to see.

What kind of pop up is this called exactly? Typing in different keywords in search engines yield me nothing and just tell me to use adblockers which I already have but that doesn't help when a page wants me to pay or sign up to use their websites to it's fullest

Attached: dafasdf.png (1418x768, 861K)

WHY ARE THE TECHNOLOGISTS ON REDDIT SO MUCH MORE INTELLIGENT THAN THE TECHNOLOGISTS ON Jow Forums.ORG/G/?

no such thing