Anyone fall for the curved ultrawide meme? is it worth falling for if your not a gaymer fag?

anyone fall for the curved ultrawide meme? is it worth falling for if your not a gaymer fag?

Attached: ultrawidememe.jpg (960x720, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34GK950G-B-gaming-monitor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>is it worth falling for if your not a gaymer fag?
you're confusing ultrawide monitors for a refresh rate

ultrawide is great for work/productivity
high refresh rates are for gaymer fags

>you're confusing ultrawide monitors for a refresh rate
No certainly not. 21:9 seems to be becoming popular with gamers because higher fov etc etc. Are these monitors really better for productivity? how do they play well with i3? and what are Jow Forums approved ultrawides (if any) and is curved a meme?

>productivity
yes
>i3
fine, using it right now
>approved monitors
dell ultrasharp
lg

haven't fallen for it yet. everyone says they're awesome but i'm waiting for 3440x1440 144hz ips g-sync. gonna hit meme bingo

I have an LG 34" ultrawide. I love it desu
Great for productivity gaming is ok as it's only 75hz.

>too wide for FPS
>not wide enough for racing sims

So, the Alienware one?

i was looking at that one, but i'd never buy anything from alienware
plus all the rgbs and the design just made it look like cheap gaymer trash

Yeah wish they made a simplistic design too.

Yeah, I did and I hate it.
I used to be a gaymer so I got one of the 100hz g-sync ones, but now that I don't game and actually have multiple machines I'm limited to one DP port, and a hdmi 1.2 port that only allows 3440x1440 at 50hz

literally so shit I wanna get something else but I'm too lazy to sell it and buy something else

ultrawides kick ass. IDK about the curved part.

>buying gaymer trash
should have invested in quality over muh hertz

Yeah tell that to myself 3 years ago famalam I was stupid

it's better for non gaming tasks imo. gaymers want high refresh since they just play esports games and want a tiny advantage ((That they can only get if they are good to start with)

Got a $1k curved ASUS Ultrawide as a gift. I think its pretty good. I like it better than my old two 16:9 monitor setup. However I think curved might be a meme. I don't ever notice it. However I haven't used an ultrawide without a curve so not sure

I saw one of them in a tech shop and visual quality was horrid.

Seems many monitors are curved these days. Do most people like it?

This, if you game, you can't go back from Ultrawide.

I've seen some curved monitors in shop and the lines are visibly not straight when you look at edges of window for example, don't know who could like them

It improves contrast and colors due to lessening of off-axis viewing. It's not a meme for an ultrawide.

Playing games on an ultra wide is cool but not all games support it

So maybe not worth it if it's just for games

Anyone have any experience with the Massdrop Vast? (it's also rebranded under many other names). Is this monitor any good for non-gaming productivity use?

Attached: vast.jpg (820x547, 29K)

>tons of ultrawide monitor reviews on jewtube
>literally zero RTS, space simulators and third person rpg gameplay videos

Attached: 1554888908144254280.jpg (650x841, 278K)

>27"
>1440p
>144hz (oc to 155hz)
>1ms
>freesync and gsync models avaliable
>USB passthrough
>Bezel is near non-existent
>$299 on Amazon

cons?
> its TN

Attached: 81VqDlQ7sWL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 266K)

If you do any sort of color work or get bothered by slight color shift on fast moving windows, DO NOT BUY IT. If you're me and got it because first cheap 100hz ultrawide for gayming that wasn't a Korean parts kit, there are better panels out now. I think there's an LG(?) panel somewhere (their model names are atrocious) that's better than this one in literally every way and is cheaper.

Nah I've no use in gaming. I just want a cheap curved ultrawide that is at least 34 inches. This one seems to literally be the cheapest one I can find. I actually don't care about hertz.

No. Buy a bigger 16:9.
My 43" IPS screen is *wider* than a 39" ultrawide. And costs less or the same.
But I get much more vertical space. Which is very important, as anyone with a portrait monitor can attest to.

Isn’t lg releasing one at the end of the month that should be so good? 27/144hz/nano ips/1440p

shit dude, eBay. the Viotek GN34c is like $400 right now, and I'd bet it's better than the Vast to boot.
Actually kinda debating getting one for the test bench.

It's only popular amongst "new" gamers. Anyone who has tried ultrawide/1440p etc will always end up reverting to 1080p at high hz. Only spacefags care about ultrawide.

In terms of productivity it is amazing if it's your only display. Curved is fine too because the displays are long so it helps with viewing angles.

>Anyone who has tried ultrawide/1440p etc will always end up reverting to 1080p at high hz.
What nonsense! This literally never happens outside "professional" gamers. Poor "professional" gamers at that.

Most people play games for fun and aren't like children trying to become professional soccer players.

I have the monitor in the image, the U3818w.

It was very expensive at the time (£1000) but worth it. The aspect ratio is 24:10 I think. Games still look crisp, not as good as my 24" 4k but this is negated by the extra real estate I get with the aspect ratio. (I don't play FPS)

I would buy it again.

same, bought it because my old desk could only fit one monitor. Chose it with the intend of immersive gaming, found out it's way better for productivity

What model ?

I have a curved 34 inch 144hz ips Ultrawide with freesync.
I am never ever in my life going back to 16:9

It's already been out for half a year or so.
lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34GK950G-B-gaming-monitor

>No certainly not. 21:9 seems to be becoming popular with gamers because higher fov etc etc.
Its actually dogshit, most high end CS players run in 4:3.

Plenty of games simply have shitty support for 21:9 as well, I've been disappointed with it. Be it bad FoV scaling or simply requiring injectors to support it at all (aka complete no-no for anything with multiplayer)

RTS, as much as I love it, is dead. There are some indie games that seem to work fine though, like Northgard. C&C games are a crapshoot, since classic Westwood titles do not support hi-dpi screens and modern EA titles like RA3 use a shitty 16:9 30fps limited engine. Blizzard are a bunch of faggots invoking "muh esports and muh unfair advantage" for SC2 for not supporting ultrawide, but are fine with 144hz.

Modern space sims also suck.

You can find plenty 21:9 content for Witcher, dragon age, wow and even more obscure titles. If you want a specific title, give me some names and I'll try to get some screenshots done when I finish work.

Wow. Walking into a gay bar would be less gay than OPs pic.

Yes. X34. Amazing monitor.
high end cs players run resolutions like 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x960 on 240hz monitors, with the picture stretched or blackbarred..
Anyone using them as a baseline for "regular guy playing pub servers at home" is an idiot.

You're right about modern rts and space sims, but there're a lot of older ones, that should look gorgeous on the ultrawide. It would be cool, if you could test some of these:
>X3: terran conflict
>Homeworld: remastered
>Freelancer
>Sacred 2
>Supreme Commander
>C&C 3

I'm saying buying a 21:9 for an "advantage" is retarded because not even professional teams use them.

being able to use higher FOV's is an advantage for regular players.

Fine taste user. Freelancer is my all time favorite game. Unfortunately, I can already tell you that C&C3 does not support 21:9 and is limited to 30fps. You can get the whole C&C collection for a couple for 10 bucks on cdkey websites if you're not in the mood to fiddle with old, pirate releases. I'll reopen this thread in 7-8 hours with some screenshots if this one dies.

>>Supreme Commander
Absolutely based. Probably my favorite RTS.
As for Space Sims. I've got an eye on Rogue System for a few years. Development is slow as all hell, but It's already been good fun to play in the past, and It has a lot of potential imo. IF it get's finished at some point, it may be the - for me - best Space Sim.

anyone using 4:3 blackbars is a moron. The only reason to use 4:3 is to stretch the models, anything else just objectively makes your game look worse with no upside except maybe fps if you are using a low res.

t. Coping poorfag retard with 4:3 monitor from 2003

The rog one? Had to change desk and the 1060 was too weak, got an 1070ti and still thinks it is looked weak, for games theres nothing better than 1080p 2560x1080p or 2560x1440. 3440x1440 is simply many pixels, works for pixel hunting but then again 2560x1440 would work too. Maybe two equal monitors would be better for productivity.

I have an MSI MAG341CQ. I literally said that "I've been disappointed with it", retard.

I have 2 of this monitor very good monitor for the price the black crush can get pretty bad in especially dark scenes but haven’t noticed it in games (if you have nvidia id splurg on the g sync model because this isn’t technically supported with free sync)

>MSI
kek thanks for confirming

Imagine thinking that it matters. I'm disappointed with the software support of 21:9, not the performance of the monitor. Screech all you want about minor metrics I don't give a fuck about.

>he doesnt use the golden ratio 4:3
>Perfectly squared
>fibonacci created
>has you staring at what's important

21:9
>uses an inferior aspect ratio that wont even matter
>miss every information it would provide since you'll just look at the center
>no support in games

Yikes

>4:3
>golden ratio
pick one
(ps: google golden ratio before you reply)

> I'm disappointed with the software support of 21:9
half a year ago I was considering getting one of these ultrawide monitors but i decided for dual 16:9 4k instead, because I feared software issues. glad i did, i really like 4k.

Yes
Hopefully 5k 244hz panels are coming now that display port Hdmi and pcie finally got off their arse
I'm sick of 3k 100hz already

1080p is for poorfags. 1440p at 144hz is for patricians.

Don't pretend you have ever used a computer for productivity gamer cunt

well i went with the 32:9 120hz option and wouldnt want to go back. its great for work and some games really profit from the aspect ratio.
fps > resolution > aspect ratio though

Attached: Samsung-C49RG90-3--pcgh.jpg (819x546, 37K)

Three vertical master race

>fps > resolution
if you're a shitter gaymer maybe.
i just switched from a 144hz to a 60hz 3840x1600 and don't give a shit about the refresh rate

well i went with 5.120 x 1.440 at 120hz but if i had to reduce one of those it'd still pick a lower resolution. 60hz is just annoying as soon as something moves even if its just moving a window.
but if you need your high resolutions for looking at text have fun

idk man, seems stupid paying extra for a smooth mouse cursor.
if you game, then i understand.
for work though, it's a complete meme.

i just have my asus rog for if i ever feel like being a gayman again.

Yes. You'll never want to go back to your tiny ass 16:9 display after. You have so much more space. Also movies are a lot comfier too.