Weird shit you've heard on the waves

recently picked up a rtl-sdr dongle, wondering if anyone else had one/does radio frequency scans for fun and has heard weird shit. I live in the middle of nowhere in the mountains so weirdest thing i've come across is some lad broadcasting morse code telling people to fuck off

Attached: rtl-sdr_thingie.jpg (466x466, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

websdr.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

look up van eck phreaking

I was listening to my local police scanner, and patrolman radiod in having to arrest a woman that was riding a bike, because pedalling pussy is illegal in my city.

Honk

>patrolman
Of course you're in the UK.
My condolences pal.

>UK
>Condolences
Jokes on you m8. You Yanks hired a literal muddy terrorist that hates wypipo, your country, Christians, and other non muds.
Mfw she fast tracks bulbheads into being patrolmen to shoot ladies, and your freedum based country stopped reporting mudslime crimes a long time ago. Ha. You're just as buggered as I am.

you wish

Attached: 1540239621119.jpg (480x480, 13K)

>you wish
>Ilhan Omar
>Shooting of Justine Diamond
>No more Muslim crime on news
>Can't even call out a muzz when they say something prejudice, because it's racist
Hahaha you're in the same hell frendo

Will do, looks super interesting

I've been listening to anti-Russia propaganda from Ukraine. They modulate their frequencies to create pictures in the waterfall.Lot's of Putins with Hitler hair and mustaches and penis's go scrolling by. Go to websdr.ewi.utwente.nl and tune to 3731.00 LSB or 7055.00 LSB and expand the waterfall to extra large, zoom in a little and wait.

I decode Shortwave Radiogram using FLDIGI when I can pick it up, but I just use a boomer style shortwave radio for that.

Picked up a russian train operator or something at 2300kHz or 2130kHz, decoded few satellite images, listened to some boomer HAMs, one time i picked up a chinese radio station
Definitely will try that might even pick it up with my sdr since im next country over

I like SSTV.

Attached: S1_20190413_175745.png (320x256, 167K)

What are you talking about? Obama? Hasn't been in charge since a few years ago. lol idiot

any recs for dirt cheap SDRs? there's so many on Ali its hard to know

The one in OP's pic is the only cheap one worth getting.The rest have all kinds of issues on top of not being able to receive the HF bands.

Based and redpilled

>Obama
Are you daft? See
Defend that you shitlord.

>patrolman
oi you gotta loicense for that scanner, mate!?

This, had one of those cheap plastic ones, started rlpicking up interference instead of signals after few weeks. You can also pick up the dongle as a kit with dipole antenna tripod etc which is pretty decent for receiving things like ADS-B or other signals on short wavelengths

This post seems racist, and or sexust user. You better hope to Allah that you're not one of those white people.

Rad thanks guys

I remember there being a website that would let you do this type of thing

I use mine to pickup pager communications from around the area. Hospitals are breaking HIPAA left and right by paging patient's names.

websdr.ewi.utwente.nl

Wouldn't paging room numbers be better?

i have the one in the photo with a dipole antenna and cable, cost me 30 USD on ebay, you can get them on amazon for the same price.

user I could kiss you that's it, thank you so much!

Yeah $30 is great for the kit. I had been to that blog before but not in awhile, mostly went the route of DSP radios, but I've been wanting to dick around with an SDR.

Whoa what is this I'm very new here

Sorry, I should have posted this link instead: websdr.org/
This way you can select a radio from whatever region you'd like. I'd like to point out that there's virtually tons of this web based radios for use, just search web sdr. I've got some hardware of my own, but when propagation is lousy, I like to use some of these.

I've tried this with a cheap TV dongle.
Just used generic SDR software. Radio comes in loud and clear.