Frugal phone thread

What's the oldest phone that you're still happily using?

Attached: Nexus_5_(1).jpg (995x784, 536K)

Other urls found in this thread:

visible.com/shop/smartphones/visible-r2-zte
review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_hardware_broadcom_libbt/ /250445
xda-developers.com/nexus-5x-bootloop-fix-boot-phone/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LG G3. So far I'm lucky in that I haven't had any bootlooping or anything of that nature.

Redmi note 3. Comfy

Attached: Screenshot_Kuroba_20190718-011540.png (1080x1920, 175K)

my original release date purchased N5 gave out earlier this year

I still have a N95 8GB

Attached: nokia_n95_8gb.png (372x632, 299K)

Moto g4 play

Same my guy.
Best phone I've ever purchased.

Based, got a moto g4.
Will likely get another moto, probably 7/8/9 depending on the amazon deals next year.

Don't. The g5+ was the last good Moto phone worth getting. My mom has a g6 and it's plagued with issues, including poor performance, voice cutting out during calls, and GPS taking a long time to find you.
At this point either get a chink phone or pixel 3a on sale.

Asus Zenfone 2 up until recent when the screen died and didn't feel like replacing it.

4 core intel and 4GB ram, really was good.

Sony Xperia XA

I'm still using my ZTE N9518 from several years back, and it was a $120 phone brand new. It struggles a little with RAM intensive things, the camera is extremely average, and the GPS chipset likes a reboot every couple of months, but it's still doing great and I'm not inclined to get a new one.

>Chinese spyware
I'd rather have the Chinese spying on me than the Americans. Chinese goons won't breach and clear my house and US gov would never allow extradition of a US citizen to China.

iPhone 6S Plus
It's the longest I've ever kept a smartphone.

iPhone X

Attached: 1A31CD21-FFB2-454B-8C32-5364EC133555.png (1125x2436, 516K)

love my note9 but I have handlets. z5 compact is on its way

Attached: iphone4s.jpg (950x950, 131K)

Goddamit I miss my Nexus 5 but it just randomly died after 1.5 years of use or so.

LG Fuel. Who here 3.5 inch screen

Attached: fuel.jpg (500x500, 33K)

the droid turbo

Attached: droid turbo.jpg (857x729, 114K)

S8 desu

kyocera s4

Attached: 1109_ssml01.jpg (700x359, 154K)

moto Jow Forums 2014 still going
helps to also have a moto x 2014 for all the dumb google shit thats too bloated for the g2 to run
both on lineage

>battery saver ON
>has to use a browser

Kuroba is great! I really missed apps like Kuroba when I was on iOS with an iPhone X. You can kid yourself that iPhone is "better", maybe better at groupchats with fellow iPhone users, but it's a walled garden.

I'm not using an old phone, but I'm using a cheap phone. The Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. Has no NFC and has a microUSB port, but has a 4000mAh battery and all you need in a phone. for pretty cheap, cheaper than you'd find a lot of these used flagships for.

Ones to avoid:

Nexus 5X
LG G4
These two bootloop after a time, and the only way to fix it (temporarily) is sending it in for a replacement. Newer LGs should be okay, but I'm avoiding them because I got burned with the 5X.

Nexus 6P also has a class action lawsuit for it. Forget what it's for.

I had to use Moto G (1st gen) for two weeks after my last phone died.

If you got XT1040 Version, it's the better choice of the Moto G (1st Gen) as it give you external micro SD slot for expand space. Kinda suck it's 8GB version.

OPO
Zero problems, so zero reason to replace it.

Attached: 1533894529480.png (512x512, 231K)

Redmi Note 4 rn. Planning to upgrade to OP7Pro tho

G1 and Nexus 5, both work flawlessly

Attached: El Hermanochad.png (1430x1041, 451K)

i stopped caring about smartphones when i realize the most i use them for is Jow Forums posting desu.

If only the camera...weren't...so bad

That's my only complaint, the whole thing is solid otherwise.

Nexus 5 with Android 9 here.

Attached: Screenshot_20190717-231417_Settings.png (1080x1920, 76K)

ordered a digitizer for my old galaxy s4 mini so i'll be happy to fuck with that again
zenfone 2 was pretty good, nice loudspeaker but i dont understand why the volume control was on the back

Landline. Fuck anti-privacy tracking device smartphones. Jow Forums has to be smarter than this.

I'm using an S7.
I see no reason to change it desu.

iphone SE is by far the best budget phone. not even a contest.

moto g5 plus

Samsung s5

LG g5, purchased off Swappa like 3 years ago for $250 like new

lumia 520, love the slick ui

I've got a G6 but I really liked my G4, heck if it hadn't been stolen I would probably still be using an HTC one (M8).

Xperia Z3 Compact, can't say happily though, it's just shy of unuseable.

Still using my z3c. Running on lineageOS now

I would have still been happily using my Nexus 6P but the shitty chink battery controller made it useless.

Nexus 5.

>I'd rather have the Chinese spying on me than the Americans

So do many people who are blissfully unaware that they're being spied and buttfucked by both.

I had an s2 up till end of 2018
been using a nokia 1 since then I like some things about it but others bother me quite a bit was gonna get the cheapest A or J series from Samsung, go back to what is familiar but they scrapped the J and notched the A so I'm stuck waiting

OnePlus One. Sadly the back of the phone is starting to crumble. Danm you cheap plastic.

How's your battery I had an s7 edge but the battery degraded pretty quickly

visible.com/shop/smartphones/visible-r2-zte

$20 phone my dudes. Band situation is terrible though, so cellular won't work for most.

Redmi Note 4X with AOSP Experience.

Nice.

Attached: Screenshot_20190718-143415_Kuroba.png (1080x1920, 283K)

I'm still using a Nexus 5, it does phone things just fine. Haven't found much reason to upgrade, but I'm not sure when would be a good time to anyway since 5G is becoming a thing. How were Google's later flagship devices? Do later phones even have any remarkable new features beyond stronger hardware?

2015 Meizu M2 Note.
The camera is horrible, i can't set a lock screen wallpaper anymore because i removed all the original system apps and replaced them with open source alternatives, and the battery is really starting to die now, but the screen is amazing, and it still works so i refuse to replace it.

Attached: MEIZU_m2_note_L_1.jpg (400x300, 11K)

I was happy using a Lumia 640 a couple of months ago but I mashed it and the battery went all puffy. Now Motorola g5 something. It's ok, android isn't very good though, botnet trash really but it works.

it matches my thinkpad, which is also 2009

Attached: heccer phon.png (441x456, 221K)

how the fuck can you survive with this over-heating piece of shit? my entire family got LG G3's on release month and we all replaced them in under a year, I have a stack of 7 mobile house fires and no use for them.

same dude, just wish i could still find cases for it, as i chipped my case a bit. phone is still mint condition.

They had faulty processors. My first one did that and I sent it to LG and they replaced it.

>Jow Forums has to be smarter than this
Smartphones are a necessary evil in this day and age. You can still have a high degree of privacy with the right software choices, settings, and common sense. Privacy and security require balance.

Attached: 5.jpg (300x262, 13K)

its still good after all these years

Attached: NokiaC301.jpg (203x248, 9K)

Not a phone but my 2012 Nexus 7 tablet is pretty much non-obsolete with (intentionally stalled) year old Firefox for Android on AOSP ROM. Battery good too and it charges in 2 hours, they did the engineering right back then.

One Plus 7 pro

Bluetooth calls are distorted. Also LineageFags didn't even merge the fix that someone made.

review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_hardware_broadcom_libbt/ /250445

This is the only reason why I'm on Nougat builds.

cherish that bad boy, i had mine since release day and just last week it finally kicked the bucket, it was the best phone il ever use

this, been a month already no merge plus nougat runs much smoother

I want to keep mine aswell, but the baseband fucked itself and now i can only browse with EDGE. Although i must say i want out of the Android ecosystem, so it's most likely a purism next.

Fug, yesterday tried to put the google app to this linrage 14 on the nexus 5 but got several times error 20 even though i had all the space in the world. Will try next week. Was using that but now using a 335sd phone

This,still using mine,going strong after 4 years

Orginal Jolla phone, still gets regular updates and the battery can be replaced.

Attached: media.media.7c2249e6-2cae-4c6a-9345-5881e98a339b.original1024.jpg (1024x673, 38K)

LG G2 with the latest LOS would still work fine for most of daily tasks.

same here

Do you get to use some android apps?

iPhone SE, last apple phone with good design.

How are we being buttfucked by Chinese spyware whilst living here though? They can't hurt us from overseas

Lineage breathed new life into it.

Attached: htc-one-m8-main.jpg (770x577, 55K)

I was on my S5 for a long time til it bricked and wiped itself clean. Battery life was unbearable even after 2 swaps and lag was atrocious. I loved the water resistance however.

Currently on my OP3T since release and I love it. Speedy as it was when it was new and faster than a lot of my friends phones. Really has everything I need but camera is subpar.

B E Z E L S

I just bought a brand new iPhone 6s yesterday, and I love it. Won’t miss all of the carrier bloat on my old android phone.

How's that 2 hour battery life?

Yes, but stuck on an old android version

What do lads recommend on ebay for under 120 bucks?

pixel 1, lg g6, oneplus 3

My touch sensor is almost broken, can't use most of the keyboard in portrait mode. Still works for picking up calls and reading messages but not much beyond that. Bought an OTG adapter today so I can still use it with a mouse at home.

Really? I'm using a g7 and haven't had any of these problems. I'm glad I didn't waste my money on a g6.

cheers

This bad boy

Attached: IMG_20190718_211303668.jpg (3120x4160, 2.82M)

Samsung S5Neo

>Bluetooth
Are you a homosexual?

LG G5
Just got a new battery and will probably last me 3-4 more years. Everything still working perfectly and apparently it's gonna keep getting updates (LG anounced recently they'll keep supporting it). Running stock Oreo rn

Just wait a year. Nu-Moto phones aren't made to last. My E2 still works like day one but my mom's E4+ didnt make it to a year before completely shitting itself (refuses to charge, proximity sensor is kill, etc), the G7 Play has lower specs than the E4 so you get the idea

I still have my Galaxy S3 functional. I had to switch to a Nexus 6 for that virtual network shit that Project Fi does. Dropping my bill from $80 to $20 was definitely worth it though. I just don't know what to do with the old phone outside of use it as an alarm clock.

Galaxy S6 Edge is still as beautiful as it was 5 years ago.

>tfw my Nexus 5x is stuck in a bootloop
>have so many pictures on their that I don't want to lose
>was an idiot and didn't back it up

Fuck I don't know what to do

Attached: 1546568398.png (633x758, 293K)

You need to apply some heat on your CPU. It will give you enough time to back up your photos.
Put your Nexus in the microwave for 10 seconds and try turning it on.

xda-developers.com/nexus-5x-bootloop-fix-boot-phone/

performance will be slow but enough to backup

Using a iPhone SE with 64gb of storage, when the time comes for replacement it’s to suck to have to figure out what to pick. All I want is a good camera, a 3.5mm and 32gb or over of storage. Why is that so hard to find?

Attached: AEC88CFE-6012-4E7E-A038-F5D7F6A38A56.jpg (4032x3024, 2.76M)

Don't laugh at me, but, Blackberry z10.

reporting in

Same here with Havoc OS. Planning to upgrade next year to Redmi Note 8 or maybe 9

I love my SE.

After my Samsung Note 4 died, I just started to use my old Sony Ericsson k800i again. Fuck smart phones. Calls and texts only from now and on. I love not checking a phone every 2 minutes.

Attached: Sony_Ericsson_k800i.jpg208525dd-f30b-4ecc-82c5-c12c4573d00aOriginal.jpg (1012x734, 65K)

Mi Mix 1, still having a hell of a time finding a phone as wide. All these 19.5:9 aspect ratios are too thin for good reading, I would need a 7.4" instead of a 6.44" if it had that ratio to keep the same width instead of the 17:9.