Rockbox thread

Rockbox thread
Post your riced out PMP

Attached: ipodrockbox.jpg (3888x2592, 665K)

damn that looks comfy af

Opus too powerful for my baby Sansa's CPU.

Absolutely.
Mine is a 5.5 with the higher RAM, an SD card adaptor and extended battery.
DAC is fantastic and more than enough to power all my headphones/earphones without needing some autistic line-out setup.
My only problem is I don't know how to calibrate the battery in rockbox, it'll be 0% when the battery has >5 hours of playback left, doesn't affect performance at all, but it would be nice to accurately predict when the battery is going to die.

Attached: rockbox.jpg (3024x4032, 2.99M)

yep i use rockbox and it looks exactly the same as these

good thread

is the battery percentage glitch a fixable issue?

Thing is, it's an aftermarket battery. The original is completely dead, so I don't know if it's a glitch or the battery.
I am on the latest SVN release though so I might switch to stable and see if it's any different.

Attached: rockbox2.jpg (3024x4032, 2.87M)

ah okay. i've seen this symptom come up with other devices that have had a battery changed. i'm assuming that you've let the new battery drain completely since it got 5 hours of life after reaching "0%". switching releases might fix that but ya never really know

What is a good rockbox compatible PMP that can play Flac and Opus?

any of them pretty much

I'm trying to go for audio quality to power some good as fuck headphones, any recommendations?

I'm in love with that transparent case

Have anyone bought any of the chink DAPs? Shit like Fiio M3K, Shanling M2X, Hidizs AP80? They seem good but the firmware looks like total shit from what I've seen. Are any of them worth it?

You don't calibrate the battery, you go to Settings>General Settings>System>Battery>Battery Capacity and set the capacity manually there

20 years, no flashes needed, just a recharged battery once a week.

Attached: IMG_20190712_1811153.jpg (4032x3024, 2.83M)

Just swapped the guts from a white chassis, installed a new battery last week too

Attached: IMG_20190718_031544.jpg (3120x3120, 1.22M)

>1 gig max

kek

>not being able to enjoy one album/mixtape at the time
Generation Twitter strikes again

>plan to be gone for more than one hour
>have to carry several minidiscs

Make up your mind, kid.

What the fuck are you on about?

>superior audio quality
>maintenance free devices
>no botnet
>one battery/20h
>cyb af
That's what I'm about.

I mean about the make up your mind comment. What does that have to do with being gone for more than one hour at a time?

Make up your mind what album you want to hear. Take like the MD with you and you're set up for a day. Let's be real, you have like 1500 albums on your iPod and end up listening to the same 10 most of the time anyways.

No matter how made up my mind is I still need to carry an additional disc per album if I want to listen to more than one
>Let's be real, you have like 1500 albums on your iPod and end up listening to the same 10 most of the time anyways.
But that's simply false

Good for you, most of the people I know behave exactly like that. They even to manage to listen to the same albums/playlists all the time on streaming services.

stop spending your time with normalshits

Can't we just get along, guys?

Attached: IMG_20190718_161733.jpg (2560x1920, 1.82M)

Fuck, I want a mint condition iPod classic. They're so fucking expensive though

Just buy a beat up one with a dead disk and slap an iFlash and a new case on it.
Though if you're going to actually use it, I'd recommend a 5th or 5.5th generation Video instead. Much better all around, except maybe the plastic front.

How is an iPod Video better than an iPod classic?

The audio codec in the Classic is pretty crap, while the DAC in the 5g was one of the best (in a portable device, at least) of its time. It's just 16-bit 48KHz, but it's very good.
Some Classics have an ass-backwards disk size limit of 128GB because of a bad LBA implementation. Rockbox fixes this, however the build for the Classic isn't considered stable due to the lack of an official bootloader (but I've heard it works perfectly fine).

Sansa clip+ or an iPod?
I like how convenient the Sansa seems to be, with the SD card and USB charging, but the iPod looks pretty sexy and is readily available

An iPod can take up to four micro SD cards via iFlash.
But it's not as smol as the Sansa, and you do have to use the proprietary cable once every couple of months to charge it, though you can use any charger with a USB type A port on the other end and it'll charge (if it's not one of the oldest models).
I know this is anecdotal evidence, but I had a Clip + and a Clip Zip and the flash went bad on both of them after a couple of years. It seems to be a widespread issue, too.
If you can get a Sansa for its original retail price, get one. Else, get the iPod.

Thanks for the advice. I cannot fucking believe that nobody is making affordable, small PMPs anymore. Especially since exercise has gotten more popular with normalfags.

If I were to make a microcontroller based DAP how could I compile rockbox to that?

Is it true there's no way to rockbox an Nano 3g?

>flash went bad on both of them
huh, thanks for the heads up user, i didn't know about that at all. charging every couple of months, though? is this with aftermarket batteries? none of the stuff i've seen online pointed to rockbox increasing the ipod's battery life to that extent!

>in the market for a dedicated PMP
>has heard 0 albums he can listen to on repeat 10 times in a row

How is the Walkman a40? Better than Fiio for the same price? ($150). I need one I can get an arm band for running with.

Last I checked no.
You can run ipod4linux on there supposedly.
I might try it when I get time.

What rockbox themes are those?

alright.

How do I find an enhanced iPod 5.5g? I need that sweet sweet audio quality

Nevermind, found exactly what I wanted.

anyone have a good tutorial for rockboxing a 6th gen classic on debian? i guess i just am scared of bricking it

Careful, 6th gen is unstable

Isn't the one in the OP a 6th gen?

Well, either way, I'd just like to use my iPod Classic on debian honestly. I could use gtkpod fine on ubuntu but i get permissions errors on debian now. Like "can't write to ipod" and stuff

>charging every couple of months, though? is this with aftermarket batteries?
Yup.
I get around 26h of lossless playback with a worn out original battery (measures around 650mAh). Some aftermarket batteries which take advantage of the space freed up by the iFlash go up to 3000mAh.

>Supertramp
Based

I found my old Nano 3rd gen in a drawer at my mom's house not too long ago after seeing these threads every once in awhile. Unfortunately is right, there's no way to Rockbox it. So for $40 I picked up a 5th gen iPod on eBay, just waiting for it to arrive. Already looking at iflash shit and replacement batteries and everything. What have you done to me?

I like you user.

shit, did those codecs carry over to the final generation of them as well as well?
I actually have the gen 5 video, but also ended up with a last gen metallic classic since I thought the 5 was broken beyond repair

Been running it on a g6 for a year and a half now and other than some wierdness with playlists it works just fine in my case.