Why yes I undervolted my RX 580 and achieved better performance while lowering power consumption and heat...

Why yes I undervolted my RX 580 and achieved better performance while lowering power consumption and heat. How could you tell?

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 47K)

From looking at your thick muscles

is there any good tool for this in linux? I'm dual booting for the great vulkan ports but it sucks hearing my card rev up

Use wattman in the Radeon settings.

I do it with my RX570 because I don't want it to die and it sucks and it's a shitty model and I should have read up on it before buying it. Next time I ain't falling for cheap anymore. Pic related.

Attached: 61LUzD-VztL._SX355_.jpg (355x284, 19K)

am I missing something? I don't have utilities with the open source driver

You're kinda fucked out of luck unless you mod the bios for your model (dump it and edit it) and flash it.

that's a shame. I'll stick to it anyway because I get literally 2x performance in some games on linux, but I'm surprised there is no way of dealing with it.

>GPU thread
>/v/
Based retard.

>/v/
>anything other than stock nvidia
>any OC other than premium paid XXX BLACK XXX EDITION

whats wrong with it?

Wattmangtk is a rewrite of wattman for gtk3

>Cheapy chinky RX470 I got for $50 from a friend

Undervolting and overclocking would not make it play games at 1600p so why bother. I'll be less jewish next time.

thanks, its in the aur so I'll give that a go

>Armor v1
Not that user but I've heard bad things about it and how it performs worse than other cards.

is there like a part of the internet I'm not aware of where these memes are fresh to people?
and are they the ones who keep bringing this cancer here?

I have the Armor RX580 and it sucks too
Noisy ass fans that make a horrible gearing up noise every time they change RPM (constantly), runs hot as hell and has crashed on me plenty
I'm tempted to get an accelero extreme for it just because of the noise but it's about half the price of what I paid for the card in the first place

Yeah it's called Jow Forums (4channel).

This also works for the Ryzen 3000

It's just overall shitty with temperatures. The cooler itself is not good and can't really handle this card. Noisy fans at relatively low speeds, even at 40% it's audible enough to be bothered, and that's very easy to reach at 75C. Have to turn the power limit down quite a bit, not just undervolt.

Hell I don't understand people who go further with it and turn the power limit up. I've seen people turn that thing up to 50 and that will sound like a jet and keep at 85C, I'd rather not fuck with that.

The only thing that made me buy this one: It was 90€ and it's the 8GB model.

My bro

I could tell by how low your FPS is

couldn't you overclock/undervolt your gpu by echoing some numbers into some files?

if your warranty's up you can just drill holes in the shroud and zip-tie better fans on

Just get a $40 Accelero mono plus. It runs passive and is fixed now. I'd get a Morpheus but you probably don't want to spend a lot although these things are reusable and save money in the long run.

It is, but I'm shit at those kinds of mods. Maybe I'll try this some time when I feel like spending some money.

Hell I considered it a while ago. The thing is, is mono plus really sufficient for 150W? I'm tempted.

really? i ordered this for 65$ on amazon prime day, should i undervolt it when it arrives?

Attached: 51dPqmDtkvL._AC_SY400_.jpg (393x400, 26K)

Always check before buying, but I think that's not that bad of a model

Why? its literally cucking yourself to save 1cents

Sure, why not. I have a pulse aswell and it runs good. Just download some free stresstest like superposition and keep lowering voltage in state 7 until you get visual errors, like unfilled pixels.
I copied my settings from the first leddit thread that came up on google and went from there.

And since you're reducing voltage, you also cannot break anything. If the thread is still kicking when i'm home i'll upload my wattman settings

Can someone share their wattman settings for a 590?

Anything written for Qt? Fucking GTK needs to die

I have a sapphire 590 which has the same cooler and its pretty high quality, but Polaris runs fucking hot. Undervolting won't damage anything it'll just crash so go hod wild but the performance you get might make you want to overclock it, just sayin

Funnily enough wattman is written in qt, but amd doesn't release it lmao. Maybe go hound them on social media about it.

fuck me sideways i just bought this beliving it was decent

bump

you can also use gpu-z to determine how "good" your Silicon is. better Silicon UVs better at the same clockspeed and OCs better with the same voltage. Advanced -> ASIC Quality in GPU-Z. mine is a 75%, for reference. higher is better.
also my 8gb card has no qualms with Memory voltage also being lowered to 950mV.

Attached: voltage+fan.png (729x439, 230K)