/fugg/ - Dead General Edition

The purpose of this thread is to provide alternatives for the google products/services.

Main goal: liberate yourself from the digital version of 'Brave New World/1984'

>Recommended search engines:
Qwant, Startpage, Searx, Yandex, DuckDuckGo

>Email:
Cock.li
Tutanota
Protonmail
mailinabox.email (easy to setup self-hosted email)

>Cloud Storage/Notes, Contacts, Calendar:
Self-hosting your own NextCloud is your best bet for this but if you lack the knowledge or resources there's nextcloud.com/providers/ and disroot.org for a limited free option, you could use NextClouds p2p encryption feature or cryptomator to keep your files safe on a 3rd party server but that won't cover the motes, contacts or calendar sync

>Video Hosting:
youtube-dl + RSS for subscriptions for a YouTube experience that gets rid of at least some of googles tracking, invidio.us for a more ez-mode approach, dtube is also an option if you want to avoid YouTube altogether

>Smartphone:
Flash an AOSP rom like lineageOS without the proprietary google play services addon, Flash MicroG if you need an app that requires play services, SailfishOS is an okay option, Avoid iOS that's moving from one proprietary walled garden to another

>Android apps:
F-Droid
Yalp/Aurora store (play store mirrors)
Adaway
AFWall+
Nesteps
Clover/Kuroba :^)
Newpipe (YouTube alternative)

>Recommended browsers:
GNU/Icecat, Palemoon, Ungoogled-Chromium, Brave
If you're going to use (or use already) Firefox or a fork follow the instructions over on www.privacytools.io/browsers/ for some extra browser hardening steps

And thanks to the user who posted this template on a degoogle thread a while back

Attached: nogoogle_0.png (840x487, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2019/1/15/18183653/duckduckgo-apple-maps-local-search-mapkit-js-web
reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-prime-day/amazon-offers-10-to-prime-day-shoppers-who-hand-over-their-data-idUSKCN1UB164
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Newfag here. Should i go linux?

No

maybe depends what you are willing to give up
i'll vouch for linux anyday but you must sacrifice some things. ultimately it will better you as a computer user but some people don't care about it
linux is the way to go however if you wish to escape the botnet, at least for now

I have two computers so maybe ill give it a go. Im in a fucked state where i need a gmail for school, and i have to share a lot of important things. GG

i switched like 4 months ago here are a few recommendations
don't fall for Jow Forums memes right off the bat, just use ubuntu or kubuntu something like that to get familiar with shit
dont bother with libreoffice, its trash, use google's online office suite if you REALLY need to use an office format for school
Learn about data encryption (gnupg) and then you can use gmail and google drive without issues becauseonly you and who you choose can see the data
i'm not a fan of the guy but a certain channel on youtube called Luke Smith will help you imensely with understanding linux and will suggest insanely good software one of which is latex a replacement for office
Once you feel you understand things feel free to try stuff on your own, nothing can stop you when you learn compiling from source. You don't have to use Jow Forums memes to enjoy your linux experience
Also try to rice a little, it makes you learn a lot and makes your system a little better, pic related is my half assed rice

Attached: rice.png (1365x767, 616K)

Why is duckduckgo still in the list of recommended search engines?

They just sold out to applel.

theverge.com/2019/1/15/18183653/duckduckgo-apple-maps-local-search-mapkit-js-web

I was a big fan of DDG but i stopped using and recommending it completely.

Ill try, im free for three weeks until i have to take a course.
Isn't Mozilla selling out too?

Imagine if my CV/Resume had

[email protected]

Fuck off

Hey, who said you needed to have one email?
Its a shame, but we need to be connected at least slightly in order to function with society. Thats a fact. Sharing info is unavoidable if we choose to be online. We're just trying to lessen the amount of Info we do Share.

>MicroG

I had just deleted google chrome on my phone, and it fucked with my stuff. I couldnt message through Clover. I was almost ready to finally move on from Jow Forums.

And then I restarted the phone and everything works fine now.

Imagine using airmail.cc instead.
Or Tutanota or ProtonMail, as suggested.

>Android apps I use
Gallery, Calendar, Camera, Contacts, File Manager, Notes: Simple app series by Tibor Kaputa
SMS/MMS: Silence
Authentication: Aegis
Clock: Clock+
Automation: Easer
Maps/GPS: OsmAnd+ (confusing at first but works pretty well once you get the hang of it)
Music: Music (by MaxFour)
Email: Tutanota
Search: DuckDuckGo

I found it actually rather easy to move away from Google on my phone. Finding APK downloads for any apps I need that aren't on Fdroid was pretty simple. Now I just need money enough to get a Lineage OS compatible phone.

Yes you should! At first it was complicated for me because you have to learn how to use the command line interface, you have to read documentations, ...
But now there is absolutely no way I go back on Windows because I fell in love with Linux

>Yandex
Eбaть дeбил

reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-prime-day/amazon-offers-10-to-prime-day-shoppers-who-hand-over-their-data-idUSKCN1UB164

Holy shit that Tutunoa captcha is such bare ass

Rather be tracked by Putin lmao

>still no YaCy on search engines

ch.hk

>requres JDK
yaikes!

Not Google but what's the non malware alternative to SwiftKey?
The reason I use SwiftKey despite it being slow is that it has quick access for special characters and automatic language switching detection

You don't need to download APKs either. Use a burner google account and download Aurora Store

Anyone using Kiwi on their phone? It's pretty nice, but typing anything into search takes over a minute to load, unless I open it in another tab.

How to get location to work properly on Android without Gapps?

microG and (preferably) downloading a location database onto your phone for offline location data

For email you should review shell providers. Also 1337.no is comfy.

>We do not store or share personal information — period. This Apple Maps integration is no different. As with other partners and providers, we anonymize all requests to Apple so search results remain private
You can still use bangs to get bing maps or osm, chill anti-ddg shill

no just remove the telemetry and other spying bullshit from windows. it's not hard

Does anyone know what servers Google's services call back to? I remember some user posted like three URLs but I can't remember what they were.