Instagram to hide 'like' counter

Instagram is hiding the number of likes on posts in several countries, including Australia and Japan, in order to "remove pressure" on users.

The trial which begins Thursday, means users will see a user name "and others" below posts, instead of the number, on their feed.

Instagrammers can still view the number of likes their own posts receive.

There is concern social media platforms can contribute to low self-esteem and feelings of inadequacy in young people.

Attached: 1563441519283.jpg (1080x1344, 296K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fHsa9DqmId8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All social media sites should implement this.
Also disable follow counts, twitter warriors think a 1k+ number next to their name makes them a god.

Agreed. Also remove users ability to like/dislike, and to comment. In fact, remove all the "social" aspects of social media, since social media is cancer.

Web 1.0 was better.

They should remove any way to interact with post except commenting. All comments are equal and the only judge should be your merit, not some subconscious hint in form of likes/upvotes.
Also make it anonymous.

So make everything Jow Forums

Attached: 42E79E0E-68F7-4F19-B8E6-81134A90B5C0.gif (200x200, 1.89M)

they need to remove social media entirely, its like a drug, and half the world is addicted

This is stupid but if they're going to do this hopefully they remove 'followers' as well. At least then people now won't randomly ask me for my Instagram 5 mins after meeting them in the hopes I follow them back.

Attached: 1523264329173.jpg (700x526, 56K)

>At least then people now won't randomly ask me for my Instagram 5 mins after meeting them in the hopes I follow them back.
Is this really the fucking state of zoomers?

>in other news: Use of facebook and twitter has has risen 60% in the last two days

This would improve all sorts of quality metrics.
Problem is that it's in conflict with gamification. People like to see arbitrary performance numbers. There's tons of shit that means next to nothing other than activity that's done just so some people have a number to look at and be happy about. It would decrease engagement. It's possible it could doom the site or it could be manageable. We don't know.
The opposite response to falling statistics is also true:
youtu.be/fHsa9DqmId8
Good example.

unironically based.
i hope they keep it that way.

could you imagine if twitter & reddit were filled with nazis?

It's more likely than you think!

>All social media sites should implement this.

If Reddit got rid of karma and all the voting nonsense on comments, but allowed voting on posts, it would be fixed in a week.

>tripfag thinking he's different from a facebook user

Yes please.

>. In fact, remove all the "social" aspects of social media, since social media is cancer.

Did you forget you have a trip, or are you completely brain dead?

Exactly

Wtf I'm singing up on instagram now!

All social media should remove all forms of "likes" since the system is 200% broken by click farms that artificially raise likes.

Attached: On the Farm.jpg (637x640, 92K)

Is this extreme lack if self-awareness you all seem to have a cultivated thing, or just one of the 'tism side-effects? You are all on a fucking social media website RIGHT NOW.

Yes, are you mentally damaged?

Nod really, user profiles generally go into the definition of "social media".

>They should remove any way to interact
This. Everything else could be weaponized against marginalized groups. Only trusted people should be allowed to broadcast their opinion.

www.reddit.com/r/whoosh
:)

Yes

>remove all the "social" aspects of social media
>trips

Attached: 1460064250432.jpg (4940x3740, 1.57M)

Just because you're a cool guy doesn't mean I won't belittle this hypocrisy.

Attached: havesex__01__01__01.jpg (357x370, 38K)

Try this one on for size, fellas: we nuke all social medias and the torture & execute all the executives of the major social medias on a global broadcast.

Very nice bait, user. You almost got me hah you clever bastard

Attached: image.jpg (421x384, 87K)

Oh yes, I'm tweaking my nipples to the fantasy of doing edgy incel shit!

Now go, do it.

Women are going to lose their fucking mind if this happens in America

>but allowed voting on posts
"No!"

Women BTFO

too bad we can't see someone buy follower anymore. Both follower count and like should be banned desu.

I've had sex and I'm not alt-right, so take that buddy :)

Millenials are so weak minded that they kill themselves and have mental breakdowns over "likes" on the internet lmfao, now they have to be coddled and hidden from reality.

Best generation ever!

Ironic shitposting is now a violation of global rule 6.
Enjoy your ban.

Attention-whoring normies are on the verge of killing themselves over this. Really nice move by Shekelberg to be honest.

I’ve seen so many basic Staceys say, “I’m leaving”.

A large portion of their life revolves around public display of their validation. It’s not that they get 2k likes in an image, it’s that others see them get it is what’s important to them.

Social media was a mistake and this is the first step to undoing some of its damage.

Which is a lot less pozzed.

This kills the instathot.

Attached: 1561502433425.jpg (1010x1024, 108K)

the problem isn't the platforms, it's the people using them. Normies need to be purged from the internet.

This is a good thing
not to be pol or anything but this could also be a veiled attempt to prevent popular informative posts from gaining traction in the community
at the same time it's facebook/instagram so who gives a fuck

imagine. friends of friends you already hardly know, adding you then removing you so that they can boost their followers count while keeping their followers to following ratio to seem popular/exclusive.
I really wish this was a joke.

Attached: 1558364942774.png (1204x1204, 1.41M)

after talking to a local artist on there for a while I invited him over to mess with songs, smoke etc. and at one point he said he just then decided to follow me back because "you have a decent ratio." hearing a human say this out loud gave me a weird feeling

Holy shit thats fucking great
Narcissistic normies need a fucking reality check

I agree, except for the comments. Quantitative feedback is a terrible affliction for discussion, it doesn't happen when you talk to people. It was sold as being the online equivalent of a facial expression but you know what we've had emoticons since typewriters and those work well enough. For comments, well, if you put something out there you should expect people to say stuff about it. Showing total number of comments might or might not be a problem depending on the site/section/type of post.

This is good, but what about hiding follower numbers?

i have never liked, diskliked, upvoted etc. anything except on accident

thots are already sething . some thot in russia sued instagram lmao
>how am i gonna get my money from betas salivating on my instawhore page ?

how will women EVER recover

They will ride dicks and fuck dogs until they're too old to do that, then the menopause will hit, then the dementia, and finally they will forget that it happened and that will be the recovery.

ratio?
is real life a private tracker now?

>and finally they will forget that it happened
so they'll wake up the next day?

isn't instagram a website for mums to share what they're eating or something?
i'm too old for this shit

have sex
Jesus christ how can somebody be this fucking incellistic?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Jow Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my best to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

i feel like this is a dumb publicity stunt. they'll try it for a week and then go back to the usual things.

It's already been implemented in Canada for 2 months already, this ain't no stunt.

duh

As much as I hate the concept of likes, women enjoy the competition and validation. They're like compulsive gamblers. You can ban it, but they'll just go elsewhere to get their fix.

>>not to be pol or anything but this could also be a veiled attempt to prevent popular informative posts from gaining traction in the community
There's a thought. If likes are removed, then only curated content gets promoted. I wonder what kind of content Faceberg will promote.
But I'm already too disgusted with the average users of these sites to actually browse or use them, so it doesn't really make a difference to me. It might not be good for our culture as a whole, though.