Try to learn how to code graphics stuff

>try to learn how to code graphics stuff
>have to learn math as well

What do?

Attached: 1D4F8D460E584E159162A253BC6A3ADA.jpg (720x577, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/console/high-level-console-modes
probabilitycourse.com/
cs229.stanford.edu/section/cs229-linalg.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=JTPVtPM7Wk8
youtube.com/watch?v=p_di4Zn4wz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Learn math.

Why didn't you go to high school?

I did.
Will do thanks.

on a side note, how are you all doing today?

Why would you want to learn graphics? Video games will become obsolete soon.

Pretty good, I called in sick from work today for no reason really

i'm kinda interested in simulating fluids and other stuff like soft bodies. i was hoping to learn the algorithms behind that but it turns out some advanced math pertaining to what's called the Stokes Theorem is needed, hence my journey. i do also wanna render it out nicely so there's still some graphical elements there.

gotta take a break sometimes, so i can respect that.

trying to figure out how to change input modes on the windows command console.

i don't know much about it but maybe this would help friend.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/console/high-level-console-modes

Learn linear algebra and probability theory.

what's a good book for both?

Yeah ive been reading that page many times and I have no idea how to do it still. Is the windows terminal just utter shit?

Good, how about you?

>simulating fluids
why did you have to start out with some of the hardest shit imaginable?

probability: All of the statistics by Larry Wasserman; probabilitycourse.com/

linear algebra: cs229.stanford.edu/section/cs229-linalg.pdf

just reading a book on some logic. deciding what to do for linear algebra and probability though, as suggested.

Attached: Capture.jpg (561x546, 61K)

yeah i'm not sure. i'm just infatuated with seeing fluids move around. maybe i have the tism.

thank you very much friend.

Good, learning a little each day but I feel like it’ll take forever to get where I want to be programming wise

fluids need some decent understanding of vectors and tensors and stuff before properly understanding them
start with linear algebra

will do. should i also learn some integral calculus?

use openfoam and blender as a frontend

youtube.com/watch?v=JTPVtPM7Wk8

it will help yes
you can move on to complex numbers and shit if you really want to hammer out your understanding but that far is not necessary

ok thanks. for now i think i'll read over Finite-Dimensional Vector Spaces by Halmos, and then go towards finishing up this pathwawy to get my logic, set theory, and calculus cleared out. after that i'll hit up some physics, then finally some programming in either Python, C, or R, though i'm not sure what language but that's for another day it seems.

Attached: `.png (4125x2400, 2.61M)

wow that's awesome. i didn't realize that there was an open source fluid sim library like this. thanks for sharing it.

I wish I could do that. I work from home and already pulled off two all-nighters this week

Graphics math is mostly linear algebra and trigonometry no? Maybe a tiny bit of topology not sure.

Fine thanks really, currently uploading my students marks and closing the semester. My uni lab is under painting job so i have to be in the library but thats not a problem.

but why do you want to do that? are you interested in the math parts and problems of the journy or just want to make something look cool?

a bit of both. i like seeing things happen in nature and wanna learn how to replicate them, so i figured learning math and programming are both required.

Well youll need to know differential equations and stuff. There is a channel in youtube called 3brown1blue or something like that that has a video on vectorial graphs. May be not enough but its a good start

Here is the video. youtube.com/watch?v=p_di4Zn4wz4

Thanks I will give him a look

They don't teach linear algebra in HS retard.

Seconding this, 3blue1brown is a lovely lad.

Attached: disgust.png (457x380, 262K)

You don't need linear algebra. You just need to know basic vector math. When is the last time you had to prove a property about a set of null spaces in graphics programming?

Unless you're using a high level API you'll need to understand matrix transformations and whatnot to get anything done. You'll definitely need at least a simple projection matrix if you want some basic perspective. (also nice satan trips, user)

I relapsed on stimulants after 6 months clean :(
pic related I gotta go fast

Attached: file.png (422x391, 162K)

disregard that I'm blind, those are not trips. I just woke up okay

I am dying inside

why probability?

> try to write book
> have to learn alphabet
> What do?

matrixes are pre-school tier difficulty

Get blender + any modern game engine. You don't need math there but you can still make pretty graphics.

We believe in you user

>They don't teach linear algebra in HS retard.
How does it feel being american?

>Video games will become obsolete soon.
Why? The vidya industry is growing rapidly.

Attached: Global_Games_Market_2012-2021_per_Segment-1.png (4000x2250, 137K)

Learn the math and forget about the shit code graphics stuff