So what's the list of what you need to get an entry tech job nowadays?

So what's the list of what you need to get an entry tech job nowadays?

- STEM degree
- professional qualification like CCNA
- experience from haveing been an intern or otherwise
- github showing personal portfolio
- medium documenting what you know & are interested in

That's it right?

Attached: 554ce87e69bedd9438d97cdd-750-562.jpg (750x562, 57K)

>a friend or acquaintance to vouch for you
That's everything you need

>professional qualification
>CCNA
the word "Associate" is LITERALLY part of the acronym.

You forgot >100 leetcode questions done, open source contributions, hackathon winner, and president of charity in university.

100% this

>open source contributions
It literally says github showing personal portfolio right there. Good point on those other things tho.

Suck dick and this

I had only a degree and a github and I got the first job I applied to.

Thought it said personal projects, my bad. Honestly though OP, all you need is the leetcode and an internship or two to get into the big tech companies, personal projects matter very little in an interview apart from providing a 5 to 10 minute talking point for some people. That could be what makes or breaks you, but in the current career climate I think experience > internships > leetcode > power gap > everything else.

Software dev at a very competitive company here.
>Went to UC Irvine, 3.7 GPA
>Studied math
>No personal portfolio, but I helped a chemistry professor with a project
>2 internships, one of them a FANG-level company - applied via my school's career office
>Got return offer from that company; worked there for 4 years
>Headhunted for my current position

Literally this
Had a friend get me a job and they didn't even whiteboard me during the interview lmao

Yeah true I'm conflating gitbhub hosted personal projects with your own open source contributions, so you weren't wrong originally, so my bad good sir. What's power gap?

all mommy's frens are working in snobby ass places and all they can guarantee me is the interview, and only if I finish my degree

Just to signify a gap in the inequality, it’s like saying

Asian girls >>>>>>>>>>> Else

But without the visual noise of so many

You really only need one or maybe two of those listed things. I've worked with several devs that had only a git to show off before getting hired and they're some of our better devs.

So you're saying it's not a professional qualification? And it definitely isn't listed as a requirement on job sites...for professionals

that's exactly what i'm saying. a professional is not necessarily one who is working in a position. there exist CCNP, which is the professional certification. which means that, by those standards, you are a professional.

do not mince words. associate's degrees are not the same as bachelor's, associate certifications are not the same as professional certifications.

This

They didnt even look at my resume and my boss is the COO

>all you need is the leetcode and an internship or two to get into the big tech companies,
not even a degree?

yeah, got my job cause of a professor i made friends with

OK well I meant professional qualification in the colloquial sense which always has CCNA as a tech example. You are right though about actual meaning. But people don't use the term that way colloquially.

fpbp

>Live in eastern yurop
>Work for a multi national company
I guy I started with in a cpp position didn't know what the "arrow thingy" meant

Depends a lot on how easy it is for the company to get candidates. Smaller companies tend to be more lax in their requirements.

Honestly, no. It’ll be much harder to get an interview, but I know people from bootcamps and self-taught working at a Big N. That being said, they all had at least 1 year of experience before applying.