F-Droid bans Gab, Gab forks them

News:
>reclaimthenet.org/f-droid-bans-gab-app/

TL;DR
>"F-Droid won’t allow oppression or harassment to happen at its communication channels, including its forum. In the past week, we failed to fulfill this goal on the forum, and we want to apologize for that"

Sauce
> f-droid.org/en/2019/07/16/statement.html

Gabs reaction:
mobile.twitter.com/getongab/status/1151559127681916928?p=v

Attached: 1532761841900.png (1024x1024, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

f-droid.org/en/docs/Setup_an_F-Droid_App_Repo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Gabtards make a big deal out of reading one page of documentation and clicking "fork" on github

Same shit as usual

f-droid.org/en/docs/Setup_an_F-Droid_App_Repo/

I fucked up the TL;DR. Heres a longer version

>F-Droid as a project soon celebrates its 9th birthday. In these 9 years, F-Droid’s mission was and is to create a place where people could download software they can trust – meaning only free, libre and open source software is available on its flagship repository. As a project, it tried to stay neutral all the time. But sometimes, staying neutral isn’t an option but instead will lead to the uprise of previously mentioned oppression and harassment against marginalized groups. We don’t want and won’t support that. F-Droid is taking a political stance here.

>F-Droid won’t tolerate oppression or harassment against marginalized groups. Because of this, it won’t package nor distribute apps that promote any of these things. This includes that it won’t distribute an app that promotes the usage of previously mentioned website, by either its branding, its pre-filled instance domain or any other direct promotion.This also means F-Droid won’t allow oppression or harassment to happen at its communication channels, including its forum. In the past week, we failed to fulfill this goal on the forum, and we want to apologize for that.

basically this, what stopped them from making a repository and asking anyone who wants to use their apps to add it via the settings?

>what stopped them
probably the low IQ

I don't understand why they're forking an entire package management ecosystem if all they want to do is distribute their apk, or are they planning to be the "free speech f-droid" or something like that

Well, considering that they have been banned from Google Play, ios app store, Firefox addons, Chrome web store, the Twitter API, and that Microsoft threatened them out of Azure, and considering Github is now Microsoft's...

>Gab forks yet another thing
Wow big fucking news, hold the presses for this one: Retards are still retards and make retarded decisions. That's a frontpage I tell you.

What a bunch of homo clowns, what's next are they gonna shoah clover?

I have a feeling they just needed another reason the screech "LOOK AT US WE'RE JUST GONNA MAKE OUR OWN THING"
I would understand it if fdroid went out of their way to blacklist any repositories they made, but I think they just refused to host the app on their official repos

Oh, they also got banned from Paypal, Coinbase, Square and Mastodon. Basically they have a history of being banned by SV corporations. So yeah, wont be surprised if Github banned them too.

Isn't Gab by itself not just something that lets you leave comments on pages or some shit? I understand it attracts a certain group of people that others don't like, but isn't it just a technology? Couldn't I also use it to promote for more diversity for instance? Wouldn't non Gab users not even know about what gets posted? If yes, why the fuck would anyone ban it anywhere?

frankly if gab is banned clover should be banned too, fdroid devs would shit their pants at all the mentions of nigger on here

My guess is that the same type of Gen X Obama-voters as the Debian devs are behind this.

They just want to stop the clock at 2008 and pretend it's the little people versus racist corporations. The fact is, they have no point of disagreement with Google. They're just Google devs with no money. They're not living in the modern world and can't accept that they are just D-list establishment members at this point, that their generation has superceded the boomers and that some of their peers have been more successful than them. They're still going to be trying to be punks when they have no teeth left in their head, while their rich classmates live off abortion clinic stem cells and preach social justice from their orbital palaces, circa 2070.

Okay, I kind of went off the rails towards the end there, but you get the general picture.

I wonder how much money is flowing behind the scenes for everyone to be so butthurt about Gab. A page maybe used by a few thousand people

gab is pretty trash.
and this coming from someone who absolutely hates zuccbook and twatter

they literally did nothing, gab didn't even bother submitting their apps because they knew they would be rejected. fedilab is still up on f-droid and can still be used to sign in to gab if you want

>using gab to promote diversity
try it and let us know how that goes

it's unlikely that they would ban clover, they don't actually care if you say nigger

> wont be surprised if Github banned them too.
what does github have to do with that? I'm talking about an F-Droid repository

Clover won't be banned because the founding reason for Jow Forums was not to provide a safe haven for racist fuckers.
Gab on the other hand was made in direct retaliation to Twitter banning hate speech, so even though it was founded for "free speech", it's only purpose is to serve as a safe harbor for extreme opinions.

>it's unlikely that they would ban clover
Keep believing that. You know what happens when sjw smells blood.

Jow Forumsweenies will fall for this bait

>muh nigger
>muh sjw

Attached: 1555410133262.png (546x700, 322K)

based and baitpilled

if you didn't like twitter then I have no idea why you'd expect gab to be any better

u mad tranny?

Why do people care so much about a social media that only exists for people to say the word "nigger" and post lolis?

lol they're all over the place

this isn't about sjws, the fact is this place is an anime forum and has many boards besides Jow Forums
gab on the other hand, is intentionally marketed as a twitter alternative for disgruntled boomers and edgy Jow Forumstolards to post hate speech

>muh dilating discord trannies xdddddddddddddd
Don't you have some more forking to do?

You'll never be a girl

Attached: tranny faggots.jpg (900x789, 210K)

What did you expect from room temperature IQ Jow Forumstards?

presumably they're lolicons who love saying the n word

free software lol

>to serve as a safe harbor for extreme opinions
Such as whatever Twitter bans next, which could be microaggressions, or references to sexist, pedophilic, whale-endangering anime. Why would you watch anime without disavowing the Captain Ahab? Why are you allowed to speak in our presence?

more like gassing xe

There is unironically nothing wrong with an ugly man dressing like a woman and pretending to be an anime princess, either way nobody gives a fuck

>everyone that disagrees with me is a tranny
You know there is a word for that condition. It's called paranoid schizophrenia. You should look into professional help, I'm sure there's at least one person pretending to care about you.

Attached: 1560850972305.gif (688x684, 946K)

This is about swjs, the same sjws who said in F-Droid discussion multiple times that they will demand from browser developers to block access for sites that promotes bigotry in the future because their lives are on the line, they just need to start somewhere.
So yes, Clover is next, Firefox is next, and have fun kicking gab to the ground, but don't cry later.

Why the fuck do we care? Nobody here uses Twitter unironically, the only ones who use it are Jow Forumstards looking for shit that makes them angry and taking screenshots to post in every board.

Fuck off Jow Forums, we dont want like like you dont want 90% of the people of the planet

Holy shit this. The only people retarded enough to enter an echo chamber full of opinions they know they will not like and then have the the nerves to get assblasted about it are Jow Forumstards.

Sounds good to me, I support that and I won't cry later. Nobody should be bullied into committing suicide, not even sjws and trannies, even though I personally might find them repulsive. Gab is a bunch of hypocritical cucks

spotted the tranny

Attached: stc3bcrmer-karikatur-streicher.jpg (1374x1481, 543K)

I have literally no sympathy for anyone that uses or cries about Twitter, regardless of their opinions.

Corporations have a right to choose what content they serve and if you disagree you're a government puppet.

>mentally retarded xe who identifies as fluidhybrid talking about psychological conditions
ah the irony of it

>Doubling down on your paranoia and schizoid tendencies
Jow Forums never ceases to amaze.

Anyone?
Why is Big Tech so afraid of a literal who page

This just further proves FOSS is full of bandwagoning gays who rather virtue signal than actually stand for free software. It costs nothing to just keep your mouth shut and protect projects without getting personally involved.
Its almost like this was engineered by corporate America. Try to avoid the botnet? Even the Open Sores community will censor you at their request. If the mainstream influence says something isn't kosher then it will be pushed off of the web entirely. These people are literal foot soldiers of the establishment who have deluded themselves into thinking they're revolutionaries.
When your pet issues are supported by Wells Fargo, Chase, Target corp, PayPal, etc, you're not a revolutionary. You're a puppet.

Gab is 99% insufferable boomers. The only "nazi problem" on Gab is that you can't have a simple discussion about entry tier philosophical ideology without some Boomer trying to quote Dinesh D'souza as if he personally witnessed the resurrection of Christ and penned the entire bible.

So both F-Droid and Gab are retarded then.

What do we use instead then?

Holy shit, based.

projecting so much

>projecting so much
>Said the Jow Forumstards seeing dillating discord trannies everywhere he goes
If only Jow Forums was self-aware.

No allow wrong think
Thought bad

Kys.
Now leave Jow Forums, faggy boy.

that wasnt me and Im pretty sure the guy mentions retards only when he identifies them by their posts

>everything is muh Jow Forums boogeyman

Attached: 1553522142252.jpg (566x562, 46K)

You're confused. The idea of free software has never been either for or against censorship. It's neutral on the subject, you can build free software that does either. It's up to the users to decide if that's what they want or not, and fork it if they are unhappy with the way the maintainers are doing things. It should not be surprising to you that free software communities consist of many different viewpoints, some of which are pro big gubmint.

If you support censorship and are a massive fag you call everything Jow Forums instead of making an argument like a normal adult.

I will do neither, sorry. Your grade school bullying is ineffective against me.

> another repo goes political and involves in censorship
> this thread

Attached: 1563465754481.jpg (816x1356, 378K)

>we are now at the point where people are implying advocating for genocide isn't wrongthink

Gab bullying, on the other hand, is so effective you feel the need to block them out for everyone.

Supporting the rights of private companies to decide what they want to host on their servers isn't supporting censorship. I miss when right wingers actually supported free markets and weren't all unironic fascists

what the fuck are you on about?

>things not relevant to the topic at hand
>things no one mentioned
>things you pulled out of your ass
Pick all three, you huge gay.

>when right wingers actually supported free markets and weren't all unironic fascists
So literally never if we are talking about Muttland.

>it's that part where the maoist larps as a lolbertarian for a while because massive corporations are "on his side" on a topic

These aren't examples of "the free market" you dumb Commie LARPer. These are the public forum. There is already supreme court precedent on this. You cannot ban people from the public forum because you dislike their politics.
You don't get to pretend to be a publisher at will then act like you're not the next day when it suits you.

No I actually read gab regularly, don't have an account there though.

Who gives as fuck about this shit COCKED fdroid?

there is nothing wrong with criticizing immigration policy

and thats a good thing goy

Attached: goldstein.png (469x381, 107K)

I don't use or read twitter except when Big T says something that is exceptionally spicy, but we're living in a period where centralised media is being replaced by social media. This has mainly led to chinese whispers so far, but the FOSS community operates on essentially those principles, and it's worked out, though you could argue it's because bad software gets dropped very quickly, while shitposts tend to linger.

People tend to follow specific social media posters rather than read a specific newspaper. This could go somewhere. FOSS-wise, we already orient around maintainers, devs, etc. that we trust. PGP signatures are a part of that and could become mainstream in a news or reporting context. But social media posters require a social medium. If they move to an individual website, they lose the ability to spread the word. They become less discoverable. We already know search engines are not disposed to allow them to be seen, heard, or found even on mainstream sites.

Essentially, we are moving away from newspapers governed by an editorial agenda towards something more modular and anarchic, but social media is covertly reintroducing the editorial agenda, something that should have died with Blockbuster.

Something like Gab, a lazy counter-agenda rather than something sincerely anarchic and decentralised, is a necessary counterweight.

>just fork everything
>being FOSS and rejecting FOSS principles is okay
This is getting retarded.

>These are the public forum. There is already supreme court precedent on this.

Attached: tenor.gif (200x200, 402K)

>I can't make an argument
>I'll just reply with some tumblr gif
You faggots make it so obvious you're not from here

Why shouldn't those who are pro-censorship be censored in self-defence? You can't negotiate with extremism and it's really an existential threat.

No I hate all these companies and I would not suggest anyone ever use Twitter, Facebook, Gab, Reddit, or any of that trash.
A private server owned by a private company is not a public forum.

They have the right to be a shit service with ambiguous two-folded rules that allows them to ban every web browser without gab block.
The question is - why do you defend a shit service?

These retarded Boomers who scream muh Freedoms constantly aren't pro censorship though.
Turbo himself is totally open and willing to allow extreme Left fags on his platform.

IP is speech in America. Software is speech in America. If your platform deals in these things you are a public forum.

>You can't negotiate with extremism and it's really an existential threat.

Attached: yahudi_.webm (640x360, 2.59M)

I don't understand this, I thought that their whole gimmick for attracting apps to their platform was because they allow what Google doesn't. If they essentially use the Google TOS then there's no reason for anyone to use it. Am I missing something here or did they just ruin their only use case?

imagine unironically wanting to government to arbitrarily decide if someone's private property is a "public forum" and forcing them to obey, that's some real freedom right there americuck

>autistic Jow Forums spergs post racist junk on FDroid forum
>they get banned
>as usual play the victim card
I would say this was all just to grab attention, but I doubt it

No, that's literally it. It's just liberalism dealing with threats, however minor, to corporate profit.

I'm sorry but I must draw the line at being dictated what opinions I am allowed to hold and to share, so you'll have to be imprisoned until your opinions are more correct.

Imagine being one of those retards getting a hard on about muh freedom of speech but not understanding it only protects you from the government censoring you. Mutts really are a pathetic shitshow.

Making an F-droid repo would be the intelligent but quiet solution, but this is about being as loud and outraged as possible. However, I hope F-droid never does this again.

>A private server owned by a private company is not a public forum.
Either you're a common carrier or you are not; and social media sites seem to want to pick and choose when they are and aren't.

No that's wrong. F-droid hosts a lot of apps that are also on the play store.

Yes. How dare the government actually step in to preserve freedom for the people rather than remove it via mass surveillance.

>aggressive and annoying fags that only disrupt peace and that nobody likes get banned from other people's property
>wow i never expected that

i can't wait for the silicon valley systems to be broken up like the bell system and standard oil

Attached: VLSI_VL82C486_Single_Chip_486_System_Controller_HV.jpg (1178x1152, 703K)

>this is about being as loud and outraged as possible
I agree, going out with statement on how much they hate free speech just because some idiot swj got torn apart on forum with its idiotic suggestion to label all problematic apps is way too far.

You're free to use something else you absolute fucking retard, twitter isn't a public utility

a good argument for closed borders, my man

They shouldn't be able to act like common carriers which is why they should be broken up. Not turned into public services. The government writing a bunch of new regulations just to keep lawyers at faceberg employed will not preserve freedom.

>gets broken up
>Now there's 20 instead of 10 services you are banned from

I would be on the "let companies decide what to do with their server" train a lot more if the entire internet wasnt so fundamentally different than anything that ever came before on an unprecedented scale and wasnt largely controlled by, not even a handful, of companies, that have so much power they can pressure every payment processor to drop you.

>anyone can make an account
>but it's not a public forum, we swear! don't bully us, antitrust-san!