Why are MacBook Pros so damn expensive now? I’m a normalfag when it comes to tech, and I have a MacBook from 2013...

Why are MacBook Pros so damn expensive now? I’m a normalfag when it comes to tech, and I have a MacBook from 2013. It has a good run, but it’s finally ran out of memory and crashes from time to time. I’m against using clouds because I don’t want a third party having access to my data. Should I get a new MacBook? If not, what are some good alternatives?

Attached: 0A2EB36C-755C-4927-A0D3-BE422922B93A.jpg (676x450, 30K)

Used Macbooks are the way to go. Get a 2018 model without touch bar used/refurbished.

Where do I get a used one?

I have the late 2012 model and I was having speed issues as well. Recently swapped my HDD out for an SSD and it's night and day, it'll solve 80% of the problems you're having. Back your shit up with time machine and replace the drive and you won't have to buy a whole new computer.

What a retarded fucking question.

>Why are MacBook Pros so damn expensive now?
apple tax and drones who will pay out the ass for a status symbol

You're supposed to get your employer to buy it for you. That is what "Pro" means.

What exactly do you want to do with your laptop?
What do you expect from it? Long battery life? Gaming? Photo/Video editing? Or just normalfag shit? Cause if it's just normalfag shit there are tons of cheap but good laptops that aren't Apple. If you want/need OSX get refurbished 2018 MacBooks.

macbooks are absolute trash, kill yourself for wanting one
you deserve to get ripped off, it's truly justice that apple is so good at extracting money from buypig consumers

What if I am not a wagie and work for myself?

Supply and demand. Lack of alternatives allows Apple to do whatever they want with the prices.

Besides 13 MBP isn't even that expensive. Air might be a bit cheaper but is much worse at anything else sans 100g lighter. Most of Windows laptops are 16:9 trash, and the ones that aren't like Surfacebook or Surfacelaptop are much more expensive and heavier or underpowered and lacking modern ports.

The ones without touchbar don't have a quadcores though. The 2019 update was one of the largest in years; it just sucks you're forced to use the stupid bar if you want a MBP.

Poorfag cope

2013 ones have SSDs

There is no 2018 MBP without a touchbar. The last non TB MBP was 2017 and it has a dual core intel chip and the keyboard warranty will expire in 2 years for those.

Touch bar Macbook Pros have little to no support for non macOS operating systems.

street shit harder iJeet

Attached: 1558798244322.jpg (656x611, 76K)

>2013 ones have SSDs
As did 2012 ones. Didn't they drop HDD from Macbooks in 2011 or even 2010?

>Touch bar Macbook Pros have little to no support for non macOS operating systems.
Is it really such a big deal? Virtualisation worked fine on slower ones and the new base MBP is around the performance of last 15" MBP, so what's even the point running shit natively?

>Didn't they drop HDD from Macbooks in 2011 or even 2010?
Non retina macbook pros had 500gb hard drives.

>Is it really such a big deal?
This board seems to like linux.

Dell XPS or HP Spectre

>I have a MacBook from 2013
You got extremely lucky and picked the ONE year that Apple produced a single model without some major defect. I have the same one.

>2009
>2010
>defective "fake" unibody design causes screen to apart by itself after repeated open/close
>2011
>screen held on to chassis with glue and melts and falls off because of heat exhaust location
-2012 macbooks
>GPU kills itself because of defective soldering and overheating
>2013
>magically no major problems
>2014
>2015
>massive GPU overheating and component failure
>2016
>2017
>2018
>2019
>massive overheating and throttling issues
>soldered components make upgrading and data recovery impossible
>keyboard guaranteed to fail in less than 2 months unless you live in the vacuum of space

Replaced it last year with an XPS15, zero regrets.

Attached: 1548372593489.jpg (960x720, 263K)

MacBook Air with eGPU is the way to go. Light on the go, powerful as a desktop.

>keyboard fails one week after purchase
AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1558513682629.png (627x912, 562K)

>This board seems to like linux.
Buying a Mac to run anything but MacOS primarily just doesn't make sense. One would lose all the first party shit, battery life and trackpad gestures.

It's barely lighter than Pro and will get limited by CPU.

that are not outrageously priced comparatively, especially of the screen.

New Airs are priced well. A good machine if you don't need high performance. A dual core is kind of shit for anyone who wants to do something besides internet browsing.

>FBI
Feline Butthole Inspector

>screen is fine
>flawless keyboard
>no touchbar
10/10 great product

Attached: screen1.png (1440x900, 1.97M)

Almost a year since purchase, no problems yet, pumpkin

Air has by far the worst pricing for what it offers. You pay 200 bucks less than the new Pro for a worse screen, much worse CPU/GPU and it's just 0,25 pounds lighter.

People used to bitch about 12" MB pricing but at least it started with a respectable ssd size and was noticeably smaller and lighter.

Attached: 2019-07-18 10.59.53.jpg (2048x1536, 765K)

I can smell the curry from your posts iJeet.

Attached: 1559441919014.jpg (643x960, 255K)

then you treat yourself to it retard

Cry some more, Mao

Remember that you're on a 4 year clock. The keyboard is defective by design, and Apple only covers it for 4 years.

macs are cheaper than thinkpads

This, you have to add up the price of software and services that come right out of the box with a Mac

don't bother macn*ggers are so far up their own asses that they ask for 90% of the original retail price for 5 year old laptops

Why don't you get a job? You could afford better stuff then

Bump

Mine is still perfectly fine after 4 years and it's gen 1. They might be more suspicable to sloppy users but there is nothing indicating there is any problem with the keyboard that would cause issues if you don't expose it to dirt.

And why wouldn't they? 2014 and 2015 MBP are still perfectly competitive with ultrabooks from others in 2019 due using a 28w chip and Intel barely progressing. The battery would be on par with the standard too if the thing is refurbished. The only downside is the weight.

then it's tax deductible. go nuts

Macshit can't even compete with Walmart Acers in performance.

Attached: 1534496174916.png (636x727, 137K)

>the performance of the MacBook was much better under OS X
Enjoy running your stress tests.

Enjoy paying 10X the price to get 10X slower performance than Acers. Mactards are brain dead sheep.

Attached: 1532435096494.png (1280x888, 1.08M)

>NV GPU in a gaymer brick being faster than AMD one
Shocking.

>can't face reality
>make up bullshit on the spot
The state of iJeet cope.

What sort of permavirgin are you when you care about that shitty performance numbers.
Only thing that laptop needs to have is decent screen, keyboard, trackpad, speakers and battery life.
Apple delivers all that, except shit tier keyboards in recent generations.

Latest windows laptops barely endure 2h of battery life after 2 years of life.
Macbooks from 2013 still hold up 5-6 hours easily.

Windows laptops still come with that shit tier 768 TN screens.
Macbooks from 2013 have IPS high brightness 2K or whatever screens.

Only laptop with decent usable speakers is macbook
Only laptop with decent usable trackpad is macbook

I love em all but for carrying around and media consumption there is no real alternative to macs.

If you need performance just use desktop, who wants to be cucked with mobile processors and thermals anyway, they were never meant to be used as primary work machines anyway.

>getting triggered by someone stating facts
Why?

not an argument. thinkpads are just as expensive

What sort of permavirgin are you when you care about the logo instead of performance?

Attached: 1541027913299.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

>making up bullshit and calling them facts
The state of iJeet cope.

>Only thing that laptop needs to have is decent screen, keyboard, trackpad, speakers and battery life.
So pretty much any of them at half the price?

Repeating it won't turn it into reality, poorfag-chan.

The only laptops with a comparable screens are the Surface ones and the things aren't cheaper.

Macs are pajeet engineered chinkshit trash. That's fact. Cope.

And still better than alternatives, so what's your point?