/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks and most demanding games

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in code) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stocks are limited

GPUs based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - even higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - basic
>RX 5700XT - standard
>RTX 2070 Super - higher framerates in SOME games
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come mid-August. 5700 blower is alright, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important
>SSD Guide (250GB+ SATA bare minimums): i.imgur.com/79MYtoE.png
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: 180314_SNPS_1.png (400x290, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6m7f6s
jpost.com/Israel-News/Intel-CEO-We-think-of-ourselves-as-an-Israeli-company-as-much-as-a-US-company-484209
newegg.com/intel-boxnuc8i7hvk1/p/N82E16856102201
pcpartpicker.com/list/BJQ8LJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Always avoid amd

Reminder ryzen is a shit

Attached: the state of 3700x.png (1920x1080, 2.12M)

Who else waiting on these? Don't want to pay x570 prices and current B450 boards have shitty bios.

Attached: 654df.jpg (600x337, 35K)

Attached: chrome_2019-07-18_14-29-20.png (671x493, 45K)

ok pajeet

Attached: chrome_2019-07-12_05-15-59.png (1263x669, 93K)

cope

Attached: cpu-temperature.png (500x530, 39K)

hey lads, asked this in the previous thread
is there any way to fix every sata cable on an SSD being loose and falling out? i THINK I can still get my warranty but I'm just preparing for the worst. never seen this happen to any drive before, i've had this one 2 years.

great start to the thread

Ignore him, intel fanboys are pozzed in the head.

Attached: 1563296112152.jpg (800x647, 132K)

Just wanted to report that the BIOS flashback worked without problems.

B450 Mortar + 3600

Attached: Wire 2019-07-18 at 9_44 PM.jpg (1255x1673, 190K)

>posting debunked benchmarks
cringe

your setup looks comfy but the curved monitor sort of ruins it

how does the 3400g compare to a gtx 660? i have a 660 lying around and i'm going to sort out a computer for my girlfriend to play ff14 on and was wondering if the 3400g is worth considering

are you in the USA? where the fuck did you get a mortar from

just get a 2400g if you are considering a apu the 3400g is overpriced

Germanistan

What is this, /pcbg/ India edition?Someone post the real non-Pajeet OP.

>tfw got hyped for amd 2600+radeon 580 new build
>tfw 2600 seems to be heavily ram dependant and i can't afford samsung b die
>tfw 580 is garbage at old games and can't run proper emulation
should i reconsider my choices?
fanboys need not apply

Attached: wojak.jpg (1600x900, 77K)

Will a Hyper 212 Evo work on an ASRock B450 Pro4, or do I have to get a separate mounting plate? Never did an AMD build. Recommended coolers?

RAM question:
For a Core 2 Duo E8600, what would be better;
2x4GB DDR3 @1333mhz
or 4x4GB DDR2 @800mhz

>op reposts an image never before posted on Jow Forums until I posted it
I feel honored

I stuck a new flash chip on my tomahawk. I'll be able to just flash the max bios on it when it comes out.

Thanks hanz. I'm hoping to upgrade my 2600 to a 3700x in a couple of years. It's pointless right now for me at 60fps.

DDR3. The faster you can get the memory and the FSB running the faster the chips themselves get.

9400f+1660 will be 25% better and cheaper

I remember hearing that it doesnt fit on am4, however the new black edition does. If you already own the standard 212, then I guess it's time to upgrade. You don't actually need any higher than the 212 black edition.

That's possible?? What the heck.

I don't have it, I'm using a cryorig h7 on my own build. I'll get the black edition then.

Just bought 3600CL18 ram instead of 3600CL16, how fucked am I?

why not 8400? isn't it the intel equivalent of 2600?
also what if i wanted to switch my 580 for a vega 56 instead; what would you recommend?

I have an entirely baseless suspicion that the 3700X is hiding some weird lmao 3.5 type secret. There are too many anomalies with it performance wise.

is TN actually all that terrible compared to IPS? I want to get a 1440p/144hz monitor, but the IPS choices look a hell of a lot more limited, and of course more expensive.

Does viewing angle really matter that much? If we're talking about a computer monitor, isn't it always going to be facing me straight-on anyway?

Your boipucci is going to increase in diameter 158%, your PSU will short out, your HDD will corrupt and then grind to a halt. Its over, user.
Its over.

Not at all, I did the same. Marginal difference.

Consider VA? I hear it's a mix between the 2. I've got one and it looks nice enough compared to my IPS.

>why not 8400
9400f is newer and slightly faster, it's also plug and play with a b365 motherboard
>vega 56
not worth it unless you get lucky and willing to spend hours tuning it for optimal performance. 2060 beats it anytime at that price range

Other than a stronger igpu whats the difference between the R3 2200G and R5 2400G?

The only issue with some VA panels is black-blue blurring. I have two VA panels now, Samsung ones, and I don't notice it, if it even occurs at all on these. I have good viewing angles, good color accuracy.
I changed from a Dell Ultrasharp 24" panel to a larger Samsung VA.

ok thanks
also are intel mobo more expensive? especiallyh considering that intel tends to change it's socket very often thus inducing more mobo cost per cpu upgrade

price

$300+ TNs look fine after some calibration.

2200G doesn't have SMT, and the 2400G is binned higher, which doesn't mean too much considering both use grease instead of solder.

3400G uses solder so its binning matters much more.

>are intel mobo more expensive?
If you care about overclocking, yes. But on a locked 9400f it doesn't matter, it boosts to 4.1 with any cheap board.

Looking at them right now, yeah, they're way more expensive for some reason.

yeah by a noticeable margin
alright thanks
i'll reconsider my choices and think more on it

I heard VA has ghosting problems, is that true? I've never used one myself.

what sort of calibration? You just mean standard stuff like tweaking brightness/contrast/etc or something else?

>I heard VA has ghosting problems
Depends on the panel. I've never noticed any. Just like TN and IPS nothing is equal.

Thanks user!

I haven't seen any ghosting problems but I have heard people have ghosting problems. Best to search and see if the panel has ghosting problems or not.

>Promise you won't need a new mobo
>Need a new mobo
What did they mean by this?

Half memory write bandwidth to achieve 65w

Nah, they're cheaper than AMD boards. A low end Z390 is pretty much all you need like that low end Asus Prime

Wishful thinking probably.

Come to think of it, wasn't MSI the one that was saying their mobos wouldn't support the 3000 series, then backtracked?

>low end
eh if amd can afford me a better tier of mobo at the same price range then no, i wouldn't call it better

The only change on the max is literally just a higher capacity flash chip. You can do that yourself if you have the tools. The 16mb bios still works until the new one is available.

bough a x570 gigabyte elite wish me luck bros

B mobos are in every way worse than low tier Z390 boards. Hell you can only chose MSI if you don't want trash, meanwhile the Prime even gets a 9900K to 5 Ghz.

wouldn't that cause issues bios wise?
obviously msi won't pull the rug under the non max user's feet so we can expect a forking in terms of bioses
some lite gutted version for non max users that'll miss some features such as raid and apu services
while max users will have the real deal
so is it possible to run into compatibility issues as the non max mobo + 32mb rom will be recognized as 16mb rom and thus cuck the users if they want to update their bios?

ok
boy i sure have a shit ton of homework to do to get on point on intel+nvidia infos
been out of the game for 7 years and only did some amd+radeon researches

How did I do?

It's brand new for those of you who don't speak spaghetti.

Attached: cz5OWLQ.png (629x323, 62K)

Not exactly true. The MAX supports higher speed RAM.

Hey guys so I recently built my first PC and the GPU is a Gigabyte RX Vega 56. I experienced 2 crashes already. I read the reviews and saw that a lot of people were experiencing the same thing. What happens is that my screen goes black and the fans start spinning at max speed and I have to reboot my PC.

I’ve noticed that the crashes don’t happen when I lower the settings in game, but I’m not very enthusiastic about that. I paid 300€ for this card and I’d like to get the same value back from it.

Did I fuck up by buying this card? Should I return it and get an RTX 2060 instead? Or can I tweak this card to make it perform better?

>No one ever buy an RX Vega 56.
I did...

Attached: 4.jpg (5301x2089, 2.63M)

Why is it so symmetrical?

wtf that's a big difference

I wouldn't pin it on the GPU, usually you'd just crash to desktop if something was wrong with it.

What happened?

Hm. Do you think it could be my PSU? I suspect that could be the problem. I have an EVGA 500W PSU. Is that enuff?

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6m7f6s
This is my first build in seven years. How can I improve it? Also, looking for 140mm case fan recommendations.

Prices are in CAD, not USD.

Maybe, I'd be suspect of the CPU as well. Sounds like exactly what my system did with an unstable overclock.

Is 3700x a meme or worth it ? I want another 2500k that lasts me 5+ yearsm

wtf happened?

Very nice for a new 1080ti, but zotac’s 10-series heatsinks suck.

My CPU is a Ryzen 5 3600, should be good right?

I’ll try upgrading my PSU and see if that fixes anything.

Be nice to him he has the autism

Wasn't sure if this should go in /sqt/ or here, but I have leftover parts from an old prebuilt HP desktop that I used to have and an old GPU that have been sitting in this box forever, I already sold the PSU and I threw the case away and the remaining parts are all near worthless on eBay but I feel kinda bad throwing perfectly usable electronics away. AMD Phenom II, stock cooler, 6gb ram, bt / WiFi adapter, gtx 560 graphics card. Wat do?

Attached: Screenshot_20190718-140621_Gallery.jpg (1408x1080, 1.22M)

Should be, but things are still kind of fucky with ryzen 3000 and bios etc. Hope the PSU sorts it out for you.

jpost.com/Israel-News/Intel-CEO-We-think-of-ourselves-as-an-Israeli-company-as-much-as-a-US-company-484209
what did they mean by this?
does netanyahu have a direct access to my rare pepe folder?

Attached: 1558099643094.jpg (706x990, 96K)

I wouldn't get Intel right now desu. Wait for October or early 2020.

can't wait
mid august to see how 5700xt prices is the best i can do
but even that is something i'm reconsidering

>Muh jooz
>2017
Autism.

Planning on buying an SSD for under £70. Any recommendations? Using it to boot off of and storing a half dozen games.

Help me decide on a replacement for my old living room pc. I want something really compact and at least for 4k playback rather silent. It should be able to pull off occasional gaming (Assetto Corsa, Forza 4) at least in 1080p.
I originally was pretty dead set on the Intel NUC but I found out that you can build a system that's also pretty compact for a lot less.
The intel system I'd prefer (I can get this with 16gb ram and 512 gb 970 pro for that price):
newegg.com/intel-boxnuc8i7hvk1/p/N82E16856102201

The AMD build which is a bit less cool and bigger but has toslink which might come in handy at some point. Currenty I have no use for it however:
pcpartpicker.com/list/BJQ8LJ

Any input on this? Am I missing something? And before you ask, I already checked: you can turn that ugly skull led off.

What do you mean what happened? Just replace the fans, lap the heatsink, adjust the height difference of the HBM and chip, use premium paste, spend hours undervolting and creating perfect profile that will crash if you go 2deg over your temp target and you got a 2080ti killer out of your vega 56

Attached: 6.jpg (6471x1969, 3.41M)

Attached: 1562972510258.jpg (679x758, 54K)

kryonaut is a SCAM!

Attached: paste compare.jpg (1904x982, 735K)

WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING A 240 HZ or 165HZ MONITOR IF GAMES ARE DOGSHIT OPTIMIZED FOR 60 HZ AND U DROP BELOW 100 FPS IN TEAMFIGHTS

mx500 500gb or 860 evo 500gb
860evo has a better longevity

Prices from that vendor look too good to be true, also it has 0 feedback...a bit fishy

Yeah, but it was too good of a deal to pass. If I see that the temps get too high I'll try to install an arctic accelero cooler or similar on it.

so after all of that tinkering
which thermal paste do you recommend?

Thanks.
Do I need a mounting bracket if I'm installing it in my drive cage with my hard drive?

Well too bad for him if it's a scam, the buyer always wins on Amazon. Either I get my 1080TI or I get my money back.

Get laid you spastic.

I'm just LOVING my AMD purchase!

Attached: msi cope.png (1200x835, 216K)

unless you already have some 2.5" bracket then yes
or you can just use duct tape

Right, GL let us know if you ever get the gpu

>I'm just LOVING my MSI purchase!
ftfy