So Jow Forums how's the job search going?

So Jow Forums how's the job search going?

Attached: 1563184901633.png (1125x633, 243K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ucv7ZYGaLCM
thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/12/17/affirmative-action/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good, I haven't sent out a single application yet

>thank you for putting in effort to submit an application
>due to the large number of applica-
stopped reading

Attached: 1563131473965.jpg (593x593, 125K)

A very famous search engine company was willing to interview me but a much smaller company already offered me a one-year contract. Since the salary was more than I hoped for and they gave me limited time to anwser, I said yes.

I probably should have waited. The search engine might have paid less (and the contract was even shorter) but it seemed more fun.

I quit a job that most people would kill for because it didn't make me happy now I can't even get offered half of what I was making. Guess I'm gonna be homeless soon.

Don't even bother reading the first line unless the subject is 'Congratulations'

>applied at grocery part of store that combines small grocery section, makeup section, and pharmacy section
>applied to be a pizza delivery driver at a couple places
I get neetbux so it's not the end of the world if I don't get a job, but I haven't heard anything back.

>While your achievements are very good and you have a strong skill set we can use, we have decided to move forward with other candidates
AAAAAAAAA THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW BAD MY SOCIAL AUTISM IS JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE

Attached: 1563212981715.jpg (647x404, 66K)

>you need 8 years experience for this entry level position

>once got a job at a call centre
>in the introduction they state that everything you make, even off of company time, is their property
>I am like "so if I write a book on my own time the company owns the rights to the book?"
>I claim it is unenforcable
>next day come in
>"We're enforcing it by letting you go"

Great. Wagecucks won't find me.

got a job as a data entry worker at some warehouse company. it's not exciting and the pay isn't great, but it's better than no money and thinking nonstop about unemployment.

overcame 8 years of NEETdom and got a job. Sure it's only $40k a year, but I get to work 100% from home.

>in the introduction they state that everything you make, even off of company time, is their property
> even off of company time
Wat. This sounds crazy even for Burgerland.

It is crazy but a lot of companies try to pull this. It's supposed to be if you're working on a company project at home or something, but the way they word it it could mean anything you create, paintings, 4channel posts, books, etc. Which is why I said it was unenforceable. I had the letter they gave me firing me on the fridge for a while, the gf (now long ex) thought it was funny. This was in Moncton, NB, Canada.

>we're sorry mr. user, but you're overqualified for this position.

Attached: a466fdbd-6309-434b-a6c2-dbc448de8300..jpg (500x621, 29K)

sent one application a year or so afo and got the job, 42k europoor bucks a year for low level embedded development

they actually do this??? the only time I was ever hired was a shitty fast food place where the manager hired me on the spot because I didn't walk in the place high.

Solid job user. Welcome to society. I'm proud of you. I would upload a supportive pic but Jow Forums doesn't let this ip upload files

They dont like sass on your first day you retard

You quit a job without having secured a job offer from another company beforehand?

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 6K)

Interviews going well if I am lucky I will end up in the top 5% income bracket for a job I like - lucky me

Big loss for him given the insane contract.

just start your own company vro

/thread

risky but best upside

Would never do this if I were a wagefag the trouble to explain is extra cost

In da fangs?

Attached: hiring-manager-zooma-hustlim-pimp-hit-diversity-bump-later-lliitt-4386057.png (500x825, 195K)

or start your own online business, it's easier than ever now. I know a 19 year old that makes decent money just flipping chinkshit items in America for a higher cost just because they offer faster shipping.

This is some hard cope. Pretty racist. Nobody that drastically under qualified is getting jobs for diversity. Also that blond cuck isn't necessarily qualified just because his dad paid for him to get into Harvard. Ivys give you network not intelligence

return the phone you're posting this with Tyrone

I just got a raise

Attached: 1561651736425.jpg (570x570, 21K)

>virgin work drone vs chad leader
Personality is the most important factor when hiring someone, a guy like Tyrone would improve the climate in the office, raise the mood and morale, and hence increase the overall productivity even if he doesn't do shit himself.

Jesus I really really hope they extend my contract or in gonna be real fucked

Attached: 1562549486252.jpg (807x867, 101K)

>Ivys give you network not intelligence

network is what gets you hired, dumbass. Only better advantage than network is forced government hiring. Kike.

Got a sys admin position for 90k at the first place I interviewed.

Don't know what you zoomers are talking about. Job hunting's easy.

Attached: 1438472329187.png (799x600, 549K)

a guy like Tyrone would improve the climate in the office, raise the mood and morale

>user gets to work 15 minutes early
>Sees Murdochchan, says hi.
>She waves back
>user gets to his cube and gets to work

>38 minutes after workday starts
>Tyrone shows up playing Pavement Ape chants, sees Murdochchan
>HEYO WHYGURL LEMME HOLLA ACHA! LEMME SKEET DAT AZZ HO!
>spends all day ooking and ooking about his favorite nigball player

if tyrone can do that, then you're hiring based on the qualification that he can improve the mood, not his personality.

>get A+ Cert
>typical young adult who was family & friends tech support for years
>get instantly rejected from fucking Best Buy geek squad
Professor Messer is still goat tho

>HEYO WHYGURL LEMME HOLLA ACHA! LEMME SKEET DAT AZZ HO!
>Murdochchan giggles
>starts working harder hoping to get the D

Making his personality part of the qualification then, what does it matter. The key is that soft skills are by far the most important factor. Teaching someone how to do something for their task at work is much simpler than dealing with a sperg.

I'm still two people short, HR is "trying their best" but to no avail. Hoping to get some interns when college starts and later turn at least one into a permanent hire. Alternatively I do not get the raise I was promised this year and quit in December

Attached: meh.png (297x217, 54K)

>2019
>Wanting to be a wagecuck instead of based NEET
kek

Attached: tenor.gif (498x488, 665K)

hi moot

got 2 pending job offers, software architect and software engineer, the company is pretty remote and they have trouble finding new hires because they all want to go to booming metropolitan areas.

I honestly don't even know what a software architect does but I don't wanna deal with shitty diagrams all day.

Then again they basically outlined the SWE position is basically a codemonkey position and the software architect then tells me what I need to code. Sounds a lot comfier though 2bh

But I'm still unsure which one to take

Attached: boomer.jpg (380x349, 26K)

Attached: 1558448985462.jpg (380x250, 31K)

Lmao seething. Yes I'm aware dumbass you're the fucking kike. I'm saying in that comic him having been to Harvard doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be fit for the position

Architect is supposed to take vaguely defined expectations from customer (or higher management) and refine them into a formal specification that the developers can actually use to make the implementation. You won't write code except maybe defining headers and interfaces, but you will run meetings, make docs, presentations and so on...

Attached: meetings.jpg (500x500, 84K)

>t. lost job to jamal

>third month of neetdom
>becoming dumber and lazier everyday

Attached: 1562956408370.jpg (794x794, 135K)

>Nobody that drastically underqualified

That's the thing, user. Things you can't control (race) should not give you any advantage over someone else competing for the same job. Period.

You know, I'll I want to do is form a small indie studio and make games and stuff.
>go into work at noon
>work till 8 or 9
>be buddies with all my employees, play vidya after work either online or in the office
>everyone is stationed in a big room, with a bigass whiteboard table thing in the middle to draw shit up
>have a small server room for backups and git repos

Attached: 1561924666756.jpg (1920x1200, 304K)

Yet being white gives you a huge advantage. Hence the whole diversity meme and AA in the first place.

>got my BS in biology
>didn't want a PhD
>been employed as a lab technician for past five years
>have zero interest in my work, pay is shit, but my bosses have loved me and been very kind
>start looking for higher paying jobs in my field
>apply for jobs but lose interest
>took programming classes in college and do some scripting for work
>decide to teach myself webdev
>get a call back about a biology job i applied for two months ago
>pay is no better than entry level webdev job would be

not sure if i should blow off the new job and focus on learning webdev or give this science bullshit another shot.

Attached: jewess.jpg (640x1136, 75K)

Just started on Monday actually. first time actually wagecuckin' and it isn't so bad so far.

you made the right call, yahoo is a sinking ship, you don't wanna be working there

Just do your own thing, start your own business. Jesus Christ.

>starting a business with no capital

Unless you're mega successful, don't bother with a brick and morty business, start online and out of your parent's house for nothing. Then you can eventually rent office space or a little place in a strip mall and go from there.

It's what I've done.

None tech related one through connections.

I also run the first time setup on image related and add the model/serial number to our database.

Attached: two-ventilation-fitters-installing-a-ventilation-pipe-BR9FR7-horz.jpg (941x547, 109K)

>Lets be a drain on the welfare state

You are fucking scum. I hope you commit suicide clinton style

>being white gives you a huge advantage
I'm a sad jobless socially retarded neet with no friends and no reason to live. Show me how I'm at an advantage?

Make it happen fag. Indie games are easy enough to be made by single people so start making them.

Do the biology one until you can secure a web-dev that pays better.

A non white in your position would deal with all that and the extra bullshit from racism. No one is suggesting that having an advantage is all it takes. Simply living in the first world gives people a gigantic advantage over someone in a warzone, doesn't stop people in the first world from fucking up.

Congratulation on you new job user.

Here is where you can afford to live atm.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ucv7ZYGaLCM

>tfw systems engineer at radar manufacturer
i'm a physics grad with as much computer related knowledge as a boomer who can do Chrome and Word and i've been tasked with some horrible software automation task. before i started i couldn't even open windows command line. no one has noticed how woefully underqualified I am or how nonfunctional my code is. i'm sure many of you would kill for this job and to you I apologize.

I'm getting laid off at the end of December, so I'm not really in a rush to take the first offer I get. One company is flying me out for an on-site interview in a couple of weeks. It's a small town but it's pretty close to Portland so I guess I can decide to live in the city or further out. I wasn't planning to move but it seems like a pretty nice place to live.

> Yet being white gives you a huge advantage.
no it doesn't. actually working towards improving yourself does instead of muttering gibs and letting retards elevate you does.

I don't understand the double standards here. diversity and AA have given non whites a massive advantage for ages, it's literally "hire anyone not-white regardless of their skills"

Given up again
Feels comfy fuck wagies fuck waging and fuck it office work

> A non white in your position would deal with all that and the extra bullshit from racism.
Whites have been dealing with horrifying racism, carry burden and culture destruction far worse then other races for a while now. there's a reason you can say fuck whitey on twitter without an eyelid battering where as fuck blacks will get you lynched.

i'm employed now so even if the new bio job pays a little more it seems pointless to move cross-country for that job if i'm just gonna quit for web dev anyway. i also feel like since i'm already 27, if i'm gonna switch career paths i should do it ASAP, i think it's only gonna get harder the longer i wait

Don't tell me you believe Trump is going to "drain the swamp" as well, do you?

> We're enforcing it by letting you go.
Your ex was right, that's funny as fuck. I don't know why you went in the next day, I'd be laughing my way to my car as soon as I heard that.
> the babies and bowel movements I make at home are company property

SEND HER BACK
SEND HER BACK
SEND HER BACK

>Whites have been dealing with horrifying racism
Topkek no

>being on the same level as others is racism
Lmao nice. This is your privilege. That thought of having your head start taken away really bothers you

It gives you a huge advantage because being born with light skin has a high correlation with cognitive ability.

Redpill me

Lad tech position already lined up.

> same level
they're taking priority, being openly racist and getting hired because of their skin color you retard. you're trained to echo what you've been told so much you didn't actually stop and look at the situation.

Based

hmm, could have sworn this was Jow Forums - technology
not /biz9k/ normgroid wagie bullshit

you could move to a cheap place like Thailand and live like a king with that amount

>kyoani fire today
YAMETE

What kind of binez do you run my nigger?

It's pretty good. I have a final interview for a position I really want next week and I think I'm gonna do well enough to get the job

>you're trained to echo what you've been told
You literally don't know me. I see the situation. They're not just getting it without qualifying. They're still interviewing and passing.

>there are people ITT claiming corporation's HR departments don't have mandatory diversity hires
I filled out an application and the last part was a tacked short essay stating "explain why you would qualify to join our diverse team" or some shit.

Attached: 1554393019092.gif (230x220, 2.36M)

thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/12/17/affirmative-action/

Black "people" shouldnt be allowed on the internet

Attached: ff.jpg (474x740, 47K)

Its just a bunch of reddit invading retards

have a software development engineer interview coming up, position was bretty entry level with 1+ years experience.

in terms of job searching im keeping myself busy, doing as many projects as possible

Attached: amazoninterview.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

>instant coffee
A fate worse than death
An apple has natural sugars and the chewing pumps blood to the brain
Both in combination wake you and give more energy than coffee
Also coffee is a depressant and causes dependencies
Drink water faggots

how. whats your education

Imagine getting this butthurt about a Tyrone meme.

Attached: individualists.jpg (1024x554, 54K)

>apply for entry-level position
>turned down for being "over-qualified"
>apply for senior position
>turned down because they're looking for someone with more experience

>27 years old
>trades jobs all look depressing and shit to me
>work shit grocery job
>$1000 life savings
>$1100 insurance renewal coming up for my 250cc motorcycle
>demoted to 2 days a week work
>can't even afford my rent anymore
>have no resume
>computer died
Fucking help me

Attached: 91f.jpg (550x366, 28K)

>two weeks and still no email or call
And I know they're just gonna let me go months down the line anyway.

Attached: 1562462398620.jpg (500x356, 65K)

Redo your resume so it looks different but covers all your qualifications still
Leave the name field blank
They will respond on the chance you're a dumb brown that forgot to put his name
I've done this and got interviews at farms
The Goddamn sand niggers always refuse after they see me in person though
I can't believe they get away with this but we can't
I'm in Canada dammit
I don't WANT to be racist
I don't even want to discuss politics
It's just all too real and in your face nowadays
Jews are literally committing genocide on the white race

They made an OK offer.
I accepted it without too much fuss or negotiation.
Now they make me wait like a 14yo girl who's waiting 3days to reply to her crush or something.

I'm scheduling other interviews in case they take my compliance for weakness and try to screw me. I can see a "oh, sorry for the delay :^) we have another candidate and he's willing to accept for 25% less than our first oral agreement...".
Hopefully won't happen but I'm feeling in a position of weakness right now.

Have you gone to ANY of the places you applied to and talked to them?
Just show up
Show up day after day at a respectable time as if you already worked there
Ask if they're hiring in person
Mention you applied already but wanted to apply in person
Give them your resume in person
Show up the next day even if they didn't call
Keep calm, casual, and be professional