Raspberry Pi Thread

Hello based pi users. Currently dabbling in Kali for raspberry pi. I noticed that the default SD that comes with the pi 3 is 32 GB. Is this enough? What size micro sd do you guys use?

Attached: pi.jpg (474x232, 17K)

>buying microSD with the raspberry pi instead of buying it separately
Also why the fuck are you trying to buy the pi3 you idiot? Pi 4 is already out and has faster clock speed and has the option for more RAM if you buy the 45 dollar (2 GB) or 55 dollar version (4 GB).
If you want to use the raspberry pi as a temporary desktop or low end desktop dont bother with these small sizes, try and find a good microSD card meant for 4k or 8k recording so that you get good read/write speeds.
MicroSD cards are known for having slow read/write speeds, especially the cheaper ones.
Yes, a microSD card might be 32 gb, but do you know fast it reads 32 gb?
Try and do your research on your own when you think about buying these things man. If you're not experienced and you try to ask Jow Forums for help you will not get many helpful answers with these short posts.

>Using SJW shit
Get a Beaglebone instead.

Or an atomic pi if you want an x86 processor for a comparable price with the Pi

Attached: 1561685172123.jpg (1242x1200, 1.06M)

i was given a pi 3 a while ago in a kit that contained a 32 GB sd man jesus

identical to a vegan poster

Sorry, my mistake.
Well in that case I'd still recommend getting a bigger or faster microSD card though maybe it's not that essential.
I have used a 16 gb on these but only because I was being cheap and found one for 3 dollars and was not planning on using it as a desktop replacement but it fills up quickly when you try and isntall various programs on it or try to install the libraries needed to build programs from source.

Waiting for my fan shim to be delivered early next week.

Depends on your use case. I have an ancient 2gb card in mine and that's enough

it will work for the time being. just transfer the data to a larger drive if and when you need to do so.

I just bought a $51 RPi on Amazon to start a BTC LN. Anyone else into this?

thinking using a rpi3 as a media center. will osmc do the job?

>he fell for the pi shilling

Attached: image.jpg (1618x1910, 588K)

>UUUUR WAH DU IAH DOOE WIF EET BAWS :^} ???

-This post was by the odroid gang

I'm doing the same right now.
If you install Bitcoin core make sure to download the blockchain on another machine with a lot of ram. If you crank up dbcache to 6000 the download will be really fast.

Nobody routes transactions over my LN node though and I don't know why.

There are a bunch of reasons to go with a Pi 3B+. Already they've found problems with the USB on the Pi 4 that won't be fixed until the next iteration.

If you just need it for non-gui apps with no video playback which at least 50% of Pi users do then it makes sense cost-wise even though the 4 is cheap. It has rock solid support, documentation, and stability which are critical in an environment where it will be on 24/7 say and act as a microserver.

Attached: download.jpg (226x223, 12K)

The answers on google generally say 32 GB. but i don't understand why as the linux file system has no limit. could be on the assumption it's FAT formatted. I'm going to go with 32 GB samsung evo for my 3B+ i think.

I need a WiFi adapter of proven compatibility for my pi3 B+. Any suggestion?

32gb is more than enough however keep in mind that fast 4K writes are absolutely essential for good performance, slow shitty cards will ruin your experience.
pic related, it's what good card looks like, samsung evo 32gb.

Attached: Samsung_USB3.png (402x367, 37K)

And this is example of bad card. It'll make your sbc feel 10x slower.

Attached: Kingston_32Gb.png (402x367, 39K)

Wait wait wait. What pi4 usb problems?
Also pi3+ here is over 30euro. Pi4 over 60 for 2GB model

The only problem in Pi 4 is that the USB-C port, which is used exclusively for power, does not work with certain cables. Common USB-cables like the ones you charge your phone with work fine, but "e-marked" cables might not work.

>What size micro sd do you guys use?
2GB

>still no PoE

Waiting for 5, I guess.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-19-18-03-18-119_com.brave.browser.jpg (1200x593, 137K)

That will most likely take 2+ years.

Install RiscOS, white man

So not really a problem, but a limitation. If it's only used for power any way who gives a shit, just get a capable one.

Yes it's bad but it isn't the end of the world.

What are some good cool cases available right now? There's a ton of sideless ones around, but I don't even want to think snapping the micro hdmi or power off at some point. It'd be great if I can find a cooling case that at least secured those connections.

Oh. Not a problem for me then

Imagine going back in time a decade and telling your younger self that you'll be able to get a Minecraft server for 16-64 people (depends on how many mods, if you preload a fair bit of the map to avoid heavy CPU load early on and so on) running on a $55 SBC. The 3b+ could do it as well but the lower ram really limited you in how many people could connect and chunk generation was agonising. Now it's slightly less painful but preloading the map on another machine, forcing it to do a fuckload of chunks in all directions all night, is still very useful.

you could make your own case out of something, its a pretty easy diy project